AA conversion g19 first time at range [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AA conversion g19 first time at range

Angel
05-05-2012, 17:26
Greetings!
I have wanted to purchase one of these Advantage Arms conversion kits for several years since I purchased a separate g19 2nd gen lower from Glock. I went down to Miami to see my friend who owns a gun shop and range and noticed he had two of them. Wow first time i have actually seen them in stock in a long time. I was a little apprehensive about finally buying one since reading the posts here about reliability issues but gave in and purchased it. It is the LE model.

I installed it on my spare frame and racked the slide. It seemed a little sluggish so I racked the slide another 100 times. Seemed OK so I took it to the range today. My spare receiver has a 3.5lb trigger installed. The only ammo I have is walmart federal 550 bulk pack. I set the target at 53ft at the outdoor range. I loaded the mag, shot once and it jammed. Stove pipe. Cleared the jam, put the round back in the mag and thought "Ok might be my loading". Preceded to shoot another 200 rounds with no issues what so ever. I was shooting the first 5 mags without really aiming well just to break it in. Then I started to to slow fire, then double taps. I was able to keep all the rounds in the black circle of an official NRA 50yd small bore target.

Must say I am very happy with the setup as it mimics my carry pistol. So if any of you are holding off because you have read posts concerning reliability, I say not all kits are affected or AA has fixed the issues. The kit I have says "Do not use with Gen4."

Angel

bac1023
05-06-2012, 08:26
Cool :cool:

Thanks for the info.

Schrag4
05-06-2012, 09:43
My 17-22LE doesn't like Federal Bulk pack quite that much. It does decent with Rem Golden Bullets and nearly 100% with CCI MiniMags (both recommended by AA of course). 200 rounds with no issue would be expected from a dedicated .22 pistol but IMO that exceeds expectations for this kit. Mine has only gotten better as I've broken it in, but it sounds like you're already set. Congrats, and enjoy shooting 5x as many rounds for the same price!

TSAX
05-06-2012, 10:13
My experience with these kits for about 8 to 9 years now is the CCI stuff works much better than the Federal bulk packs, much less malfunctions and more reliable.

:50cal:

allegro
05-06-2012, 20:15
Steady diet of Remington GB's for my 19/23 kit. I have about 3000 rounds down, added a 25 rd mag, back to shooting lots of rounds when I get out.

vafish
05-07-2012, 07:35
Mine runs almost perfectly on REM GB or CCI.

Hates federal bulk pack.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Cole125
05-07-2012, 20:26
Congrats, my AA kit for my G19 likes Remington Golden Bullets and CCI Mini Mags.

Since I bought my Ruger MKIII I have not used my AA kit, you post reminds me I need to take it to the range again. Forgot how fun it is.