Romney loses to Paul in his own state [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Romney loses to Paul in his own state

Ruble Noon
05-05-2012, 19:35
http://www.examiner.com/article/romney-loses-to-paul-his-own-state?CID=obinsite

Stubudd
05-05-2012, 19:52
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ron-pauls-stealth-state-convention-takeover/2012/05/02/gIQAjJVPwT_blog.html

just a link from the bottom of yours

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/04/opinion/stanley-ron-paul/index.html

some random link i came across trying to find any mention of paul or romney's state in the MSM

snerd
05-05-2012, 19:55
........ Romney lost so badly in his home state that Ron Paul supporters were even voted in as the majority of the Alternate-Delegates, spiting hopefuls that included a popular 2010 gubernatorial candidate and a prominent Sheriff.........
:rofl:

Gunnut 45/454
05-05-2012, 20:02
So how many delegates does RP have? Has he broke 100 yet?:rofl:

Ruble Noon
05-05-2012, 20:12
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ron-pauls-stealth-state-convention-takeover/2012/05/02/gIQAjJVPwT_blog.html

some random link i came across trying to find any mention of paul or romney's state in the MSM

:wavey: Thanks.

Stubudd
05-05-2012, 20:13

i don't know go check the AP tracker

Ruble Noon
05-05-2012, 20:14

He got enough to make it onto the ballot in Tampa.

http://ronpaulflix.com/2012/04/fox-news-ron-paul-winning-5-states-being-on-ballot-in-tampa-inevitable-april-25-2012/

http://frontporchpolitics.com/2012/04/ron-paul-will-be-on-the-ballot-in-tampa-2/

RC-RAMIE
05-05-2012, 21:46
http://www.thereal2012delegatecount.com/

G19G20
05-06-2012, 03:44

CNN says he has 60 delegates. My neighbors are a larger number of delegates than CNN and the AP claims.

It's so sweet.

"That's not a firehose, ma'am"

walt cowan
05-06-2012, 07:05

if you knew...you would cry:supergrin:

Cavalry Doc
05-06-2012, 07:18
OK, would some of you guys please explain this to me.

From the pro-Paul camp, how many delegates have been elected that are free to vote for Paul in the first round.

Now, how many delegates are committed to vote for Romney in the first round.

If the delegates are pro-Paul guys, but legally bound to vote for Romney, how's that help him again?

geo57
05-06-2012, 07:32
When Paul loses the primary in his own state to Romney again, the Paul disciples will go out of their way to post links to that too, right ?

QNman
05-06-2012, 07:32

From the Post article...

A brokered convention is still unlikely. But a strong showing among delegates could help Paul score a speaking spot and some control over the party platform. 

Cavalry Doc
05-06-2012, 07:35
When Paul loses the primary in his own state to Romney again, the Paul disciples will go out of their way to post links to that too, right ?

They will point out that he beat Romney in Texas in 2008.

Voter turnout was 10.8%. Candidate Votes Percentage
John McCain...........................................697,767........51.21% 80
Mike Huckabee ......................................518,002........38.02% 16
Ron Paul ................................................66,360............4.87% 0
Mitt Romney...........................................27,264............2.00% 0
Fred Thompson......................................11,503.............0.84% 0
Alan Keyes.................................................8,260...........0.60% 0
Duncan Hunter...........................................8,222...........0.60% 0
Rudy Giuliani...............................................6,038...........0.44% 0
Hugh Cort.....................................................728............0.05% 0
Hoa Tran.......................................................604............0.04% 0
Uncommitted...........................................17,574.............1.29% 0
Total...................................................1,362,322..............100% 96
He got double Romney's votes. Of course, Romney had dropped out some time before the primary. Considering the devotion most of his supporters have, I'd imagine that just about everyone that supported Paul did go to vote.

geo57
05-06-2012, 08:40
They will point out that he beat Romney in Texas in 2008.

Voter turnout was 10.8%. Candidate Votes Percentage
John McCain...........................................697,767........51.21% 80
Mike Huckabee ......................................518,002........38.02% 16
Ron Paul ................................................66,360............4.87% 0
Mitt Romney...........................................27,264............2.00% 0
Fred Thompson......................................11,503.............0.84% 0
Alan Keyes.................................................8,260...........0.60% 0
Duncan Hunter...........................................8,222...........0.60% 0
Rudy Giuliani...............................................6,038...........0.44% 0
Hugh Cort.....................................................728............0.05% 0
Hoa Tran.......................................................604............0.04% 0
Uncommitted...........................................17,574.............1.29% 0
Total...................................................1,362,322..............100% 96
He got double Romney's votes. Of course, Romney had dropped out some time before the primary. Considering the devotion most of his supporters have, I'd imagine that just about everyone that supported Paul did go to vote.

I did a poor job of phrasing it. I meant when Paul loses his own state again, to whomever wins, will the Paul fans make a big deal out of it like the OP did in Mass and be quick to post links on it ? If not, why not for the sake of consistent thinking and fairness ?

lancesorbenson
05-06-2012, 08:58
I did a poor job of phrasing it. I meant when Paul loses his own state again, to whomever wins, will the Paul fans make a big deal out of it like the OP did in Mass and be quick to post links on it ? If not, why not for the sake of consistent thinking and fairness ?

The obvious difference is that Ron Paul hasn't been anointed the nominee by the liberal mainstream media. Romney hasn't actually won, most conservatives don't really want him, but they'll vote for him in the primary anyway because of media canard about "electability." I expect Romney will win Texas though. Most voters just line up and go for who they're told. The media has been kid gloves with Romney this whole cycle and it's pretty clear he's the one they want running against Obama. I don't know if that has anything to do with his pro-choice, pro-mandate, anti-gun history but I have my suspicions.

Glocksanity
05-06-2012, 09:14

You won't be laughing when Obama gets a second term. You will be crying about the liberals.

RP is the only guy who can beat Obama!

Ruble Noon
05-06-2012, 09:17

If that happens I'm sure one of you guys will post the link in short order.

Ruble Noon
05-06-2012, 09:19
You won't be laughing when Obama gets a second term. You will be crying about the liberals.

RP is the only guy who can beat Obama!

What, you don't think a guy that alienates his base can win the election?

Cavalry Doc
05-06-2012, 10:21
The obvious difference is that Ron Paul hasn't been anointed the nominee by the liberal mainstream media. Romney hasn't actually won, most conservatives don't really want him, but they'll vote for him in the primary anyway because of media canard about "electability." I expect Romney will win Texas though. Most voters just line up and go for who they're told. The media has been kid gloves with Romney this whole cycle and it's pretty clear he's the one they want running against Obama. I don't know if that has anything to do with his pro-choice, pro-mandate, anti-gun history but I have my suspicions.

I really think you guys are giving the MSM too much power. Thanks to Al Gore, we have the internets now. The people have access to a multitude of information, and most of the Primary voters are at least interested in politics. They have their reasons for voting the way they vote.

Maybe the reason that I'm not wearing a tin foil hat to keep the MSM from controlling my mind, is because I am resistant to such influence. Which may also explain those that believe the MSM can control minds. They influence things a bit, maybe even to a measurable level, but it's not the reason Paul is not doing well.

RCP
05-06-2012, 10:36
OK, would some of you guys please explain this to me.

From the pro-Paul camp, how many delegates have been elected that are free to vote for Paul in the first round.

Now, how many delegates are committed to vote for Romney in the first round.

If the delegates are pro-Paul guys, but legally bound to vote for Romney, how's that help him again?

The answers to those questions can be found in this thread which was ignored

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1419319

RCP
05-06-2012, 10:39
Ben Swann Reality Check RNC Breaking Their Own Rules and Delegates Update - YouTube

Cavalry Doc
05-06-2012, 15:26
The answers to those questions can be found in this thread which was ignored

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1419319

Uhh, did you mean to answer the question, or not?

First ballot, what is the count for Romney, what is the count for Ron, and what is up for grabs.

Without spin, what is the current score?

G19G20
05-06-2012, 17:05
Uhh, did you mean to answer the question, or not?

First ballot, what is the count for Romney, what is the count for Ron, and what is up for grabs.

Without spin, what is the current score?

It's nearly impossible to know exact figures at this point. Only the campaigns and presumably the RNC itself know the exact numbers and none of them are talking. Paul just won 20 of 28 national delegates in NV but they are bound to Romney on the first ballot so would you call them Paul or Romney delegates? To me they are Paul delegates. To someone else they may be Romney delegates. My best guess would be around 70 national delegates for each actually elected and seated so far.

lancesorbenson
05-06-2012, 18:09
I really think you guys are giving the MSM too much power. Thanks to Al Gore, we have the internets now. The people have access to a multitude of information, and most of the Primary voters are at least interested in politics. They have their reasons for voting the way they vote.

Maybe the reason that I'm not wearing a tin foil hat to keep the MSM from controlling my mind, is because I am resistant to such influence. Which may also explain those that believe the MSM can control minds. They influence things a bit, maybe even to a measurable level, but it's not the reason Paul is not doing well.

And I think you radically discount the power of the MSM. The latter essentially swept the current imbecile into the Oval Office with some of the most fetishistic one-sided reporting I've ever witnessed. Do you think BHO would be president today without the MSM's incessant fawning and failure to do due diligence?

QNman
05-06-2012, 19:11
What, you don't think a guy that alienates his base can win the election?

I think he's saying Paul CAN win the election... :whistling:

Stubudd
05-06-2012, 20:08
And I think you radically discount the power of the MSM.

fish don't know they're wet

RetDet
05-06-2012, 21:53
Ron Paul beating Dimbulba is about as likely as Palin becoming the love of the democrat party. You all need to get real. Paul doesn't have a chance now and never has. As for his Nevada delegates, it's doubtful that they'll be seated. Paul and his supporters exist only to try to drain votes from Romney and deliver the election to Dimbulba.

RC-RAMIE
05-06-2012, 22:14
Ron Paul beating Dimbulba is about as likely as Palin becoming the love of the democrat party. You all need to get real. Paul doesn't have a chance now and never has. As for his Nevada delegates, it's doubtful that they'll be seated. Paul and his supporters exist only to try to drain votes from Romney and deliver the election to Dimbulba.

Yep you figured it out Paul started in politics in the 70s so he can drain votes from Romney and make sure Obama wins in 2012. Damn the secret is out.

RetDet
05-06-2012, 22:28
Get real, sonny. Paul is just a libertarian dummy, who will try to do in this election what Ross Perot did. He will drain votes as a third party numbnutz, and make Obama's life easier. A vote for Paul is a vote for Obama. He's been a loser in presidential elections before, and has the same chance as a snowball in hell. He's pitiful.