As predicted, Ron Paul backers take over Maine GOP convention [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : As predicted, Ron Paul backers take over Maine GOP convention

Ruble Noon
05-05-2012, 19:47
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/05/05/politics/as-predicted-ron-paul-backers-take-over-maine-gop-convention/

JBnTX
05-05-2012, 21:35
Taking over conventions, ignoring being rejected by the American voter, and refusing to quit after losing election after election.

Are we seeing the rise of America's first dictator?
Will Ron Paul force his way into the presidency?

RC-RAMIE
05-05-2012, 21:40
Taking over conventions, ignoring being rejected by the American voter, and refusing to quit after losing election after election.

What are you talking about they are within the rules of the GOP.

Restless28
05-05-2012, 21:47

Did you even read the article? This is democracy in Maine.

Try reading the article and not reacting to a thread title based on your hate of anything affilated with Ron Paul.

G19G20
05-06-2012, 03:42

Not that you would know anything about it, but this is republican politics in action. Checks and balance JB.

Checks and balances.

Cavalry Doc
05-06-2012, 07:08
Maine? Isn't that one of those states north of Texas??

JBnTX
05-06-2012, 07:30
Maine? Isn't that one of those states north of Texas??

Is it even a state?
My map stops at the Red River.

All I know is that anything associated with Ron Paul needs to be examined very closely.

Ron Paul is scary.

Woofie
05-06-2012, 08:32

While there aren't any concrete figures available, it's estimated that as much as 70% of colonists were either loyal to the crown or just plain didn't think independence was worth fighting for.

Your type would still prefer us as British subjects.

JBnTX
05-06-2012, 09:20
While there aren't any concrete figures available, it's estimated that as much as 70% of colonists were either loyal to the crown or just plain didn't think independence was worth fighting for.

Your type would still prefer us as British subjects.

No, we wouldn't.

Do you have a source for that 70% estimate?
How could you even know such a thing?

You have no idea of what "my type" wants, so maybe you're
better off speaking only for yourself from now on.

Restless28
05-06-2012, 09:22
Is it even a state?

All I know is that anything associated with Ron Paul needs to be examined very closely.

Ron Paul is scary.

It's scary that there are people who take anything you write seriously. :whistling:

JBnTX
05-06-2012, 09:38
It's scary that there are people who take anything you write seriously. :whistling:

Time will prove that everything I've written about Ron Paul is the gospel truth.

It has nothing to do with people taking me seriously.

Ruble Noon
05-06-2012, 09:42
Time will prove that everything I've written about Ron Paul is the gospel truth.

1200feather thanks you for your support of Romney. :rofl:

Stubudd
05-06-2012, 20:02

:rofl:

man you are on a roll, hilarious stuff the last couple days

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 04:31
Is it even a state?

Ron Paul is scary.

Not as scary as some of his followers. Back in 2008, when the shadow convention was being planned, there was a very active thread on one of the Paul fan sites, they discussed inviting the military, with their weapons, with a plan to march over to the real convention and disrupt it by force, then declaring their shadow convention the legitimate republican convention. Of course that assumed that Ron had as much support from the military as his press releases seemed to imply, and a lot of enhanced imagination was needed to consider such a plan.

But that was a long time ago, I'm sure there is nothing like that this time around.

Ruble Noon
05-07-2012, 04:33
Paul wins majority of delegates from Maine GOP

http://news.yahoo.com/paul-wins-majority-delegates-maine-gop-174422402.html

(http://news.yahoo.com/paul-wins-majority-delegates-maine-gop-174422402.html)