Rebuilding Civilization from a Couple of DVDs? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding Civilization from a Couple of DVDs?

Bolster
05-06-2012, 00:21
...the byproduct of this project from cd3wd, where you can download (or purchase on DVD) much of the information you'd need to build civilization from scratch, post apocalypse.

I don't know anything about the group doing this, except that the information is targeted to the 3rd world. Which is what we'd be after a catastrophic hiccup.

Enjoy. First link, for DLing entire DVDs of information.

http://cd3wd.com/download/index.htm

Second link, a la carte:

http://www.cd3wd.com/cd3wd_40/cd3wd/index.htm

DrSticky
05-07-2012, 09:24
I like the idea that you can have a large portable library and have been working on this concept for a while. I purchased for $10 (I am sure you can get them all individually free) 2 DVDs filled with military manuals and will more than likely download these as well. These are a lot more functional.

Downside is, of course, you need power to view them. I can charge a kindle with my Goal Zero(I have the backpack one), but not a laptop. But, I can't fit all of them on a kindle. I have considered buying a few Kindles, but this would be too many at 12(plus 4 more for the military). Now if only they made a Kindle 250GB ...

Also, I have been putting together folders of my own PDFs that I have downloaded. For instance I downloaded an article from some University in Florida about citrus diseases. The issue with this is that the pictures don't look good in B&W.

Which reminds me I have a laptop question but I will start another thread about it...

kirgi08
05-07-2012, 09:52
You rebuild a society by planning.'08.

Bolster
05-07-2012, 11:57
I like the idea that you can have a large portable library and have been working on this concept for a while. ...

Just started myself, but it makes sense, so if you have good sources, please post linkage.

I'm hoping to have 200 watts of solar panels within the year, so that's my laptop power solution, such as it is.