Fearing another loss to Paul in NV, Romney campaign passes out fake ballots [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fearing another loss to Paul in NV, Romney campaign passes out fake ballots

G19G20
05-06-2012, 03:40
The dirty underbelly of politics.

http://www.rgj.com/section/blogs01?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&U=063a1ff4-7a74-4c66-8976-85b765479560&plckPostId=Blog:063a1ff4-7a74-4c66-8976-85b765479560Post:e477e5ee-5d1e-4c6e-9208-fa6ce4e44908&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

The most interesting thing that happened in the first hours of the Nevada State Republican Convention was that some folks in the Romney camp wore Ron Paul t-shirts and tried to distribute a phony slate of candidates for Nevada's delegation to the national convention.

The list included some Paul supporters but hidden among the Paul supporters were obvious Romney supporters like Patty Cafferata, Mendy Elliott and Lucinda “Cindy” Nixon.
The Romney camp was busted when a Ron Paul supporter grabbed the microphone and warned the convention floor of the bogus slate.

Some of the people who were handing out the phony slate were detained by security officers.

G19G20
05-06-2012, 04:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IcgOuuM1VkM#!

JBnTX
05-06-2012, 06:28
Prove It!:steamed:

Do you think the Ron Paul people aren't doing the same, or worse?

It's called politics.

ChuteTheMall
05-06-2012, 06:34
The least interesting thing that happened on Glock Talk's Political Issues Forum was that some folks in the Obama camp wore Ron Paul avatars and sig-lines and tried to pretend that anyone who voted for a major party nominee hated the constitution.

It needed fixing.:deadhorse:

JBnTX
05-06-2012, 06:45
It needed fixing.:deadhorse:

You fixed it right!
You nailed it!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

syntaxerrorsix
05-06-2012, 08:05
How clever, ChuteTheMall used the same tactics and was applauded by JB.

Amazing how the irony slips right past them.

syntaxerrorsix
05-06-2012, 08:06

It's called politics.

See post 2.

It's called breaking the rules of the convention.

Cavalry Doc
05-06-2012, 08:14
Breaking the rules is bad, regardless of which side does it.

Woofie
05-06-2012, 08:42

It's called politics.

Do you have even one shred of evidence that the Paul campaign is cheating?

It's pathetic how much Ron Paul frightens you.

JBnTX
05-06-2012, 09:34
Do you have even one shred of evidence that the Paul campaign is cheating?

It's pathetic how much Ron Paul frightens you.

Honest candidates know when they're defeated and they step
aside and stop interfering with the election process.

But not Ron Paul!
Why is he even still running?

What does he hope to gain? Maybe a 5 minute speech at the convention that no one will pay any attention to.

He's not going to be picked as vice president or even a cabinet position.

So why's he still running?
Is it to disrupt the election out of spite and maybe cost the republicans the election?

Ron Paul is becoming a dangerous man. A danger to democracy and a danger to America.

He has been rejected by the American voter and now he refuses to step aside.
That's what scares me!

Restless28
05-06-2012, 09:43

But not Ron Paul!

What does he hope to gain? Maybe a 5 minute speech at the convention that no one will pay any attention to.

Is it to disrupt the election out of spite and maybe cost the republicans the election?

Ron Paul is becoming a dangerous man. A danger to democracy and a danger to America.

That's what scares me!

You're just being ridiculous now.:upeyes:

Woofie
05-06-2012, 11:20

But not Ron Paul!

That's what scares me!

In other words you can provide no evidence that the Paul campaign has resorted to cheating.

Explain to me again how following the Republican Party's own rules about caucuses is "interfering with the election process."

Ruble Noon
05-06-2012, 11:27
Romney had reason to fear.

Ron Paul Sweeps Maine and Nevada delegates to the Republican National Convention

http://www.dailypaul.com/231259/unofficial-results-in-maine-and-nevada-ron-paul-wins-the-majority-of-delegates-to-the-republican-national-convention

engineer151515
05-06-2012, 11:45
Paul polls nationally around 15 percent

Do you really think Romney needs to cheat to win?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/

kirgi08
05-06-2012, 12:12
Not really,the #s are against RP.'08.

G19G20
05-06-2012, 15:19
Paul polls nationally around 15 percent

Do you really think Romney needs to cheat to win?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/

Considering the content of this thread, this must be a rhetorical question.

G19G20
05-06-2012, 17:07
Romney's delegate slate still lost badly, fakery included. Paul 22 - Romney 3

http://www.lvrj.com/news/paul-takes-22-neveda-gop-delegates-romney-gets-three-150345275.html

lancesorbenson
05-06-2012, 17:33

But not Ron Paul!

That's what scares me!

Please tell the nearest man in a white coat you missed your meds.

BORNGEARHEAD
05-08-2012, 19:07
What's crazy is that people can't see it for what it is. That guy should have been arrested.

Cavalry Doc
05-08-2012, 20:17
What's crazy is that people can't see it for what it is. That guy should have been arrested.

What, there wasn't an arrest? That's odd.

Gary W Trott
05-09-2012, 06:49

But not Ron Paul!

Ron Paul is staying in the race because he wants to see our nation restored to what it once was and that won't be accomplished merely by finding anyone who can beat Obama. The person and platform that beat Obama must promote the ideals of limited constitutional government and debt free spending.

If he can add enough delegates to his count, and deny Romney a victory on the first round of votes, he will be able to help guarantee that the eventual nominee and platform will stand for those ideals. Anyone in the states yet to vote who believes in those ideals should vote for Ron Paul so that Romney will be denied the necessary votes to win when the Republican Party gathers in Tampa at the end of August.

Cavalry Doc
05-09-2012, 07:21
Ron Paul is staying in the race because he wants to see our nation restored to what it once was and that won't be accomplished merely by finding anyone who can beat Obama. The person and platform that beat Obama must promote the ideals of limited constitutional government and debt free spending.

If he can add enough delegates to his count, and deny Romney a victory on the first round of votes, he will be able to help guarantee that the eventual nominee and platform will stand for those ideals. Anyone in the states yet to vote who believes in those ideals should vote for Ron Paul so that Romney will be denied the necessary votes to win when the Republican Party gathers in Tampa at the end of August.

Not that I'm a fan of Paul, but I'll be voting for him. It would be nice if neither got the nomination and a dark horse conservative got it, but that's a remote possibility at best.

A lot of people hope to send a message with their vote, and while I consider that largely futile, Romney having a significant challenge this time around might just keep him a little more honest and adherent to the party platform.

In the end, it will go the way it goes. Best to prepare for all possibilities.

Gary W Trott
05-09-2012, 07:54
Not that I'm a fan of Paul, but I'll be voting for him. It would be nice if neither got the nomination and a dark horse conservative got it, but that's a remote possibility at best.

A lot of people hope to send a message with their vote, and while I consider that largely futile, Romney having a significant challenge this time around might just keep him a little more honest and adherent to the party platform.

In the end, it will go the way it goes. Best to prepare for all possibilities.
Thank you Doc. If Romney can't lock up the nomination before heading to Tampa I believe that there is a very good chance that he will not receive the nomination. There is too much dislike of Romney among active GOP people and in my opinion your "dark horse conservative" would be the nominee...provided that Romney doesn't have it locked up. If you want this to happen begin talking with friends and others about what I have said here.

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 11:16

But not Ron Paul!

That's what scares me!

The republicans lost the election long ago.
You can thank people like yourself for that one....
You contributed to Obama's victory in 2012 just as much, if not MORE than the occupy wall st hippies did.

The constitution is disappointed in you, and our founding fathers are probably rolling over in their graves right now from reading your posts.

G19G20
05-11-2012, 20:16
It's been confirmed that the guy in the video passing out fake slates is indeed an employee of the Romney campaign. FEC records show that Charlie Nejedly has been receiving payments directly from the Romney campaign in the five figures.

CHEATER