Mag rattle etc... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mag rattle etc...

kevinfromwebb
05-06-2012, 11:36
I just picked up a new gen4 21 yesterday... I noticed that two of the mags rattle with 12 rounds loaded but not with the 13th in... The other mag doesn't rattle at all... I think I had read that this was common... Any way to stop this??? I cleaned it up today and it doesn't want to accept the mags if they have all 13 loaded... The last round is pretty tight to go and probably doesn't go in as flat as it should... I"m going to leave 12 rounds in each mag and see if the new springs give just a bit...
All ammo loaded was factory 230g fmj...
My other glocks are all 9mm and I very rarely load them full, I usually down load them by 1 or 2...
Probably go to the range manana and try it out, can't wait...

Kevin

silversport
05-07-2012, 04:39
enjoy the new pistol...mag rattle at times is normal...nothing I know of to make it stop other than to drown out the thought with gunfire...:supergrin:

Bill

21 shooter
05-08-2012, 20:24
I had a problem with some mod 21 mags about three years ago. They would rattle with 12 or 13. I changed the spring, even though they were new, and it stopped. Expensive, but I could not stand the rattle. Don't know why it does that.

rider
05-27-2012, 05:37
I just picked up a new gen4 21 yesterday... I noticed that two of the mags rattle with 12 rounds loaded but not with the 13th in... The other mag doesn't rattle at all... I think I had read that this was common... Any way to stop this??? I cleaned it up today and it doesn't want to accept the mags if they have all 13 loaded... The last round is pretty tight to go and probably doesn't go in as flat as it should... I"m going to leave 12 rounds in each mag and see if the new springs give just a bit...
All ammo loaded was factory 230g fmj...
My other glocks are all 9mm and I very rarely load them full, I usually down load them by 1 or 2...
Probably go to the range manana and try it out, can't wait...

Kevin

Seriously, don't sweat the mag rattling sometimes. Double stacked mags do it sometimes. Focus on shooting the pistol so you get good with it and make sure sure it works when you need it :supergrin:
Lee