Biden Says He is ‘Absolutely Comfortable’ with Same-Sex Marriage [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Biden Says He is ‘Absolutely Comfortable’ with Same-Sex Marriage

DOC44
05-06-2012, 15:13
You go Joe.

http://5newsonline.com/2012/05/06/biden-says-he-is-absolutely-comfortable-with-same-sex-marriage/

Doc44

zeke501
05-06-2012, 15:16
He should be...he came from one!!!:tongueout:

Kingarthurhk
05-06-2012, 17:19
I had no idea he was gay.

Foxtrotx1
05-06-2012, 17:37
why shouldn't gays be able to marry?

G-19
05-06-2012, 17:38
Paul, thinks it just fine also. Maybe him and Biden have a lot in common.

JBnTX
05-06-2012, 17:51
why shouldn't gays be able to marry?

Why would they want to?
Why do gay people want to partake in a traditionally male/female marriage?

What purpose does it serve, other than to disrupt the institution of marriage and demean and dilute it for everyone.

It's just another attack on the standards and traditions of decent people by a group of Godless sexual deviants and perverts.

Jonesee
05-06-2012, 17:56
Why would they want to?

What purpose does it serve, other than to disrupt the institution of marriage and demean and dilute it for everyone.

It's just another attack on the standards and traditions of decent people by a group of sexual deviates.

I would say the 50% of straight people who get divorced demean and dilute marriage for everyone...

G-19
05-06-2012, 17:57
Why would they want to?

It's just another attack on the standards and traditions of decent people by a group of sexual deviants.

Amen.

G29Reload
05-06-2012, 18:14
I had no idea he was gay.

Someone ought to **** him in the ***.

Do us all a favor.:rofl:

Stang_Man
05-06-2012, 18:34
Why would they want to?

It's just another attack on the standards and traditions of decent people by a group of Godless sexual deviants and perverts.

mugatu be kidding me, nice roll bread :rofl:

Stang_Man
05-06-2012, 18:37
I would say the 50% of straight people who get divorced demean and dilute marriage for everyone...

Very good point.

What two consenting adults do in their lives has zero bearing on me. If they want the tax benefits, clearny-defined estates, etc etc that a hetero-married couple would have, more power to them.

I could not care less what Paul and Peter want to do with each other, I'm too busy living and enjoying my own life :supergrin:

Foxtrotx1
05-06-2012, 18:50
Why would they want to?

All the same benefits you get, including EQUAL rights. Gays are moral people. They are equally protected by constitution.

Blacks received equal rights in the 60's. Now it's time for Gays. Hell even the military gets it.

You know who denied gays equal rights? Hitler. He also killed them along with the Jews, gypsies and MR.

Brucev
05-06-2012, 18:59
All the same benefits you get, including EQUAL rights. Gays are moral people. They are equally protected by constitution.

Blacks received equal rights in the 60's. Now it's time for Gays. Hell even the military gets it.

You know who denied gays equal rights? Hitler. He also killed them along with the Jews, gypsies and MR.

They are afforded the same rights as normal people. That is enough. There is no reason for them to be given extra rights. They have every right the Constitution states for any legal citizen. It is normal for men to marry women. It is deviant for men to marry men. That is a simple fact of history and common sense. Of course no one ever said that common sense is normal for people who want to live abnormally. If they want to marry contrary to what is normal, then they need not be surprised that they are treated as the aberrant's that they are.

Stang_Man
05-06-2012, 19:03
Queers are afforded the same rights as normal people. They have every right the Constitution states for any legal citizen. It is normal for men to marry women. It is deviant for men to marry men. That is a simple fact of history and common sense. Of course no one ever said that common sense is normal for people who want to live abnormally. If they want to marry contrary to what is normal, then they need not be surprised that they are treated as the aberrant's that they are.

So, who are you to say what is and isn't normal?

Left handed people are abnormal, maybe we should keep them from marrying, too? Follows the same logic you use.

frank4570
05-06-2012, 19:10
It's always the religious kooks. Just like clockwork.

ChuteTheMall
05-06-2012, 19:13
He says he's absolutely comfortable now, but after his honeymoon he couldn't sit down for a week.

:aodnsb:

frank4570
05-06-2012, 19:24
I was just chatting with some younger folks who are active in politics. They are in favor of a balanced budget, and 2nd amendment rights, and other conservative ideas but....... " The republican part has become the party of fear mongering and bigotry and ignorance." I can't really argue with that.

AlexHassin
05-06-2012, 19:27
Why would they want to?

I’m not quite fallowing you hear. Homosexual marriage somehow destroys the “sacred” sate of marriage when divorcees, atheist,and every religion imaginable can marry in America. How does someone getting married demean or dilute your marrige exactly?

Glock!9
05-06-2012, 19:33
I am in favor of the Govt not having anything to do with Marriage at all...

frank4570
05-06-2012, 19:35
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I’m not quite fallowing you hear. Homosexualmarriage somehow destroys the “sacred” sate of marriage

Yep. Same as letting women vote.

Brucev
05-06-2012, 19:36

Left handed people are abnormal, maybe we should keep them from marrying, too? Follows the same logic you use.

Normal? That is men marrying women. Abnormal? That is men or women wanting to pretend that anything else is anything but abnormal.

If you don't like it, that is no concern to me.

frank4570
05-06-2012, 19:40
Normal? That is men marrying women. Abnormal? That is men or women wanting to pretend that anything else is anything but abnormal.

If you don't like it, that is no concern to me.

And once again.....homosexual behavior is normal in most of nature. If you want to say humans are not natural, go ahead.

Glock!9
05-06-2012, 19:42

just for arguments sake...

Normal is typically (normally) defined as
"approximately average"

Jonesee
05-06-2012, 20:05
It isn't "NORMAL' to grow up wanting to be a congressman or the president. Does that mean we should ban them from marrying?

It isn't "NORMAL" to want to work 60-80 hours a week for 30 years to become wealthy. Should they banned from marrying?

It isn't "NORMAL" to be a religious zealot. Should they be banned from marrying?

It isn't normal to...

Just food for thought, you get the idea.

G-19
05-06-2012, 20:07
The Holy Bible teaches in several areas that the act of homosexuality is wrong. Of course RP fans are not to keen on the Bible, kind of interferes with their concept of freedom.

Jonesee
05-06-2012, 20:26
The Holy Bible teaches in several areas that the act of homosexuality is wrong. Of course RP fans are not to keen on the Bible, kind of interferes with their concept of freedom.

Not everyone shares your blind faith in the bible.

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 20:33

Just because folk don't believe in the Bible, doesn't make it any less true, or its position on the deviancy of homosexuality any less real

JBnTX
05-06-2012, 20:34
And once again.....homosexual behavior is normal in most of nature...

No it's not!
Homosexuality is virtually unknown in the animal world.

Maybe they know something we don't?

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 20:37
No it's not!

I'm sure we're going to be bombarded by information about some obscure specie of wild rat that may have been observed humping in the heart of Africa, and we're going to be told that this makes homosexuality legitimate among humans.

ChuteTheMall
05-06-2012, 21:01
I'm sure we're going to be bombarded by information about some obscure specie of wild rat that may have been observed humping in the heart of Africa, and we're going to be told that this makes homosexuality legitimate among humans.

Will they dress up for the ceremony?

http://i47.tinypic.com/wvsl8o.jpg

Jonesee
05-06-2012, 21:03
Just because folk don't believe in the Bible, doesn't make it any less true, or its position on the deviancy of homosexuality any less real

The "truth" you speak of depends completely on a "leap of faith" that not all make.

Without the leap of faith, believing just because, the bible doesn't carry any more truth than any other mythology.

AlexHassin
05-06-2012, 21:05

Just as you not believing in Radoes not make him any less true, Right?

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 21:15
The "truth" you speak of depends completely on a "leap of faith" that not all make.

Without the leap of faith, believing just because, the bible doesn't carry any more truth than any other mythology.

I gladly take that leap of faith. Without faith I have nothing. I faithfully believe God exists and gives us directions through His word

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 21:19
Just as you not believing in Radoes not make him any less true, Right?

At the end of it all we account for our time of this spinning ball. You can believe or not Me and countless others subscribe to a system of belief that is dictated by the Bible. Our society by and large has adopted norms based on said Bible. Homosexuality goes against any sense of normalcy.

I understand that their are those who have a moral code that is not Biblical. I understand that this moral code calls for a live and let live mindset. Hey if that's your thing what can I say its your thing. But at the end of it all there is right and wrong, and homosexuality is wrong

RC-RAMIE
05-06-2012, 21:23
I gladly take that leap of faith. Without faith I have nothing. I faithfully believe God exists and gives us directions through His word

Take that leap don't force it on others marriage is not the governments job.

RC-RAMIE
05-06-2012, 21:23
At the end of it all we account for our time of this spinning ball. You can believe or not Me and countless others subscribe to a system of belief that is dictated by the Bible. Our society by and large has adopted norms based on said Bible. Homosexuality goes against any sense of normalcy.

I understand that their are those who have a moral code that is not Biblical. I understand that this moral code calls for a live and let live mindset. Hey if that's your thing what can I say its your thing. But at the end of it all there is right and wrong, and homosexuality is wrong

Homosexuality is wrong to you to gay people it is perfectly natural.

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 21:26
Take that leap don't force it on others marriage is not the governments job.

I guess we should just change the definition of words when it suits us

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 21:29
Homosexuality is wrong to you to gay people it is perfectly natural.

Some liars find lying natural, theives, theft, murders, murder, adulturers adultery. Bro we live in the feel good don't dare tell me that I'm wrong culture. If I want to do it then it must be right. Hey homosexuals can say their behavior is right all day long. They can try to normalize it through propaganda on TV, and mass media all day. But guess what buddy, it still irks their nerves when a guy like me says youre lifestyle is deviant.

G23Gen4.40
05-06-2012, 21:31

I agree.

RC-RAMIE
05-06-2012, 21:44
Some liars find lying natural, theives, theft, murders, murder, adulturers adultery. Bro we live in the feel good don't dare tell me that I'm wrong culture. If I want to do it then it must be right. Hey homosexuals can say their behavior is right all day long. They can try to normalize it through propaganda on TV, and mass media all day. But guess what buddy, it still irks their nerves when a guy like me says youre lifestyle is deviant.

I'm married with a kid, you don't have to be gay to support gay marriage. Homosexuality differs from theives, murders, adulterers. They are consenting adults.

RC-RAMIE
05-06-2012, 21:45
I guess we should just change the definition of words when it suits us

What definition did I change?

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 21:50
I'm married with a kid, you don't have to be gay to support gay marriage. Homosexuality differs from theives, murders, adulterers. They are consenting adults.

Adults consent to a lot of things every day of the week. Two adults can consent to engage in deviant behavior. I know there are plenty of heterosexuals who support gay marriage. That doesn't make homosexuality any more right.

Marriage is the union of a male and a female. That is the definition. In cultures past, for example ancient Hebrew, it may have been a man with multiple wives, but none the less it was not homosexuality

Wil Ufgood
05-06-2012, 22:01
http://peakisms.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/southpark.jpg

RC-RAMIE
05-06-2012, 22:10
Adults consent to a lot of things every day of the week. Two adults can consent to engage in deviant behavior. I know there are plenty of heterosexuals who support gay marriage. That doesn't make homosexuality any more right.

Marriage is the union of a male and a female. That is the definition. In cultures past, for example ancient Hebrew, it may have been a man with multiple wives, but none the less it was not homosexuality

Marriage in a church or religious event can still be between a man and a woman marriage outside of a church is none of your or any other religious peoples business. Government shouldn't be involved in either one.

Also your beliefs about homosexuals based on your religion doesn't make it deviant, immoral or wrong.

AlexHassin
05-06-2012, 22:11

That’s great you have your moraljustifications. Still does not give you license to act immorally and attempt todictate your ancient beliefs on another. No harm is coming to you by peopledeciding who they want to be with. You are right there are people who are immoralacts , such as yours, and those that are not, such as homosexuality,.

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 22:14
Marriage in a church or religious event can still be between a man and a woman marriage outside of a church is none of your or any other religious peoples business. Government shouldn't be involved in either one.

Also your beliefs about homosexuals based on your religion doesn't make it deviant, immoral or wrong.

If you say so

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 22:15
That’s great you have your moraljustifications. Still does not give you license to act immorally and attempt todictate your ancient beliefs on another. No harm is coming to you by peopledeciding who they want to be with. You are right there are people who are immoralacts , such as yours, and those that are not, such as homosexuality,.

How am I acting immorally

AlexHassin
05-06-2012, 22:28
How am I acting immorally

Ummm lets see, imposing on othersthat they have less freedoms and rights then others because of their sexual orientation,and all because of some really old book. Using religion as an excuse to controland subject people has and never will be moral.

How well does the rationalizing workfor you?

stevelyn
05-06-2012, 22:36
Gays should have the right to be miserable, lose half their **** and suffer near financial ruin just like the rest of us that have gotten ourselves tangled up with someone in a legally/religious recognized relationship that ends up going to hell and costing a fortune to extract oneself from.

Gay marriage has and will have zero effect on me and how I live my life.

To the gay folks out there I ask why would you want to mimic our misery?

chickenwing
05-06-2012, 22:39

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1822eef9229e.jpg

G22Dude
05-06-2012, 22:47
Ummm lets see, imposing on othersthat they have less freedoms and rights then others because of their sexual orientation,and all because of some really old book. Using religion as an excuse to controland subject people has and never will be moral.

How well does the rationalizing workfor you?

I know it is mind blowing that someone would have the nerve to actually stand up and say there is a right and wrong. Hey bro, I've done plenty of wrong in my life and will do plenty more. But I'm thankful that at no time did I try to pass it off as the right thing.

In this humanistic day and age that we live in, I know the cool thing to do is go with the flow and live and let live. But guess what some of us old time bigoted, narrow minded Bible thumping, ( did I forget any other names) individuals believe its our duty to defend the institution of marriage and other institutions that have been the bedrock of civilization. And yes I am painfully aware of the high divorce rate out there.

Guess what some people get married for the wrong reasons, some people are abusive to their spouses, some people can't committ to one person. There are a whole host of reasons why imperfect people entering a relationship don't work out. At the end of it all, none of this gives creedence to homosexuality, or validates homosexual marriage.

So yes, by your standards I am immoral, ok. So what, by my standards, and by the standards of the old book that I read homosexuals are immoral and so are those who condone it. BTW, that same old book characterizes plenty of the things that I do on a regular basis as immoral, so guess what I'm not claiming to be perfect. I try to follow the rules every day. And one of the rules is to preach the gospel near and far

G29Reload
05-07-2012, 00:00
How does someone getting married demean or dilute your marrige exactly?

By equating them and saying they're the same, no different.

Saying an act of deviancy is equivalent to something that has the blessings of God and all the major religions, all of which also universally condemn homosexuality.

By giving the imprimatur of societal approval to deviancy and thereby appearing to legitimize it, creating a de facto exemplar that influences the vulnerable (children) into thinking such behavior is ok since government is establishing it as an institution.

G29Reload
05-07-2012, 00:02

Just so happens that ALL the major religions of the world condemn homosexuality, not just Christianity. One of the few things all agree on.

AlexHassin
05-07-2012, 00:38
I know it is mind blowing that someone would have the nerve to actually stand up and say there is a right and wrong. Hey bro, I've done plenty of wrong in my life and will do plenty more. But I'm thankful that at no time did I try to pass it off as the right thing.

In this humanistic day and age that we live in, I know the cool thing to do is go with the flow and live and let live. But guess what some of us old time bigoted, narrow minded Bible thumping, ( did I forget any other names) individuals believe its our duty to defend the institution of marriage and other institutions that have been the bedrock of civilization. And yes I am painfully aware of the high divorce rate out there.

Guess what some people get married for the wrong reasons, some people are abusive to their spouses, some people can't committ to one person. There are a whole host of reasons why imperfect people entering a relationship don't work out. At the end of it all, none of this gives creedence to homosexuality, or validates homosexual marriage.

So yes, by your standards I am immoral, ok. So what, by my standards, and by the standards of the old book that I read homosexuals are immoral and so are those who condone it. BTW, that same old book characterizes plenty of the things that I do on a regular basis as immoral, so guess what I'm not claiming to be perfect. I try to follow the rules every day. And one of the rules is to preach the gospel near and far

Hell, I think there are plenty ofthings that are wrong in the world. I say them out load too. Religions trying to impose their will on a societyto make it in their image is one of them. I think any group trying to expandthe power of the state in order to make people do, or not do, what they want iswrong ( sort of why I always wondered why most “moral” guardians areconservative and not liberal).

So if your old book says thesethings are wrong, but you still do them, why are you making such a big dealover someone else decisions? Shouldn’t your focus be inward to state of improvementand ridding yourself of the sins/ abominations that you engage in? if theabomination ( if I recall that is the translate into English of whathomosexuality is) of homosexuality is destroying marriage and America or what not,then is not the sins/ abominations you engaged in also destroying something “sacred”to you?

oldmarine6869
05-07-2012, 05:47
So, these people that chose a Perverted, Disgusting, Unhealthy, Backward Lifestyle(((((CHOICE))))) need to have a "FAKE Marriage", well, they just want to play house so buy an easybake oven then. Who the h@ l l plays the Husband(man), do you flip a coin every week LMFAO.

Oh, one more thing, if one of Bidens Grand Children came up to him and said, PaPaP I'm a FFF AAA GGG he would "Puke" all over the floor, he's a "Phony".

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 05:49
They are afforded the same rights as normal people. That is enough. There is no reason for them to be given extra rights. They have every right the Constitution states for any legal citizen. It is normal for men to marry women. It is deviant for men to marry men. That is a simple fact of history and common sense. Of course no one ever said that common sense is normal for people who want to live abnormally. If they want to marry contrary to what is normal, then they need not be surprised that they are treated as the aberrant's that they are.

No, they don't have the same rights and privileges.

Inheritance
Visitation and decision making for a loved one in the hospital.

Just off the top of my head.

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 05:51

Just because one does believe in the Bible doesn't make it true in the first place.

The Bible has had lots of human manipulation over the centuries.

callihan_44
05-07-2012, 06:11
Homosexual activity is one step above beastiality in my book, SICK FREAKS....DO NOT deserve to portrayed as "normal"...do whatever you want in the bedroom but dont expect us to embrace you....

HexHead
05-07-2012, 06:15
Yep. Same as letting women vote.

Yeah, and look how well that's worked out. 2nd dumbest thing this country's done.

HexHead
05-07-2012, 06:26

Inheritance

BS. Write a will. Get a living will and power of attorney written up. End of problem.

I couldn't care less that two guys want to have sex with each other. But when they get in our face with pride parades and and all this other crap to try and convince us to accept them as being the same as us, and that their behavior is mainstream and normal, Nope.

Queers ruin everything.

CitizenOfDreams
05-07-2012, 06:36
Homosexual activity is one step above beastiality in my book

Why would you care what two consenting mammals do in their bedroom?

G22Dude
05-07-2012, 06:51
Why would you care what two consenting mammals do in their bedroom?

Bro, if they would keep it in the bedroom there wouldn't be as much push back as there is. Its these concerted effort at every level to have the rest of us embrace it, that is the problem

frank4570
05-07-2012, 07:03
No it's not!

:upeyes: Yes it is and farmers know this. Paying money for a specific breed of ungelded male for breeding purposes, only to find it is homosexual, is one of those unpleasant surprises that do happen. Homosexual animals are not common, but they absolutely do exist. Probably at the same rate as people.

The govt really shouldn't be enforcing christian morals anyway. We will probably see a situation where muslims will say "Why can't we make muslim laws? There are christian laws and now we have enough muslims to vote for muslim laws."

CitizenOfDreams
05-07-2012, 07:09
:upeyes: Yes it is and farmers know this. Paying money for a specific breed of ungelded male for breeding purposes, only to find it is homosexual, is one of those unpleasant surprises that do happen.

So how "it does happen" becomes "it's normal"?

frank4570
05-07-2012, 07:15
And for anybody who claims to be heterosexual, but thinks that being sexually attracted to men is a "choice", I will be declining invitations to go out drinking with you.

The fact that a guy thinks another guy could chose to be attracted to men, well that speaks volumes about how that guy was born.

I was born a heterosexual. No way in hell I could chose to be attracted to men. Clearly there are a lot of heterosexuals who have a more flexible view of their own sexuality than I do. The word "choice" sums it up.

Brucev
05-07-2012, 07:19
And once again.....homosexual behavior is normal in most of nature. If you want to say humans are not natural, go ahead.

If you want to live like an animal... then expect to be seen as an animal.

frank4570
05-07-2012, 07:20
So how "it does happen" becomes "it's normal"?

It is normal for a small percentage of animals to be born homosexual. It is normal for a small percentage humans to be born homosexual. And trying to breed it out of them absolutely doesn't work. Selling a homosexual stud is bad for the buyer, bad for the seller. But people just take it with a grain of salt since it can't be stopped, they've tried.

G22Dude
05-07-2012, 07:21
:upeyes: Yes it is and farmers know this. Paying money for a specific breed of ungelded male for breeding purposes, only to find it is homosexual, is one of those unpleasant surprises that do happen. Homosexual animals are not common, but they absolutely do exist. Probably at the same rate as people.

The govt really shouldn't be enforcing christian morals anyway. We will probably see a situation where muslims will say "Why can't we make muslim laws? There are christian laws and now we have enough muslims to vote for muslim laws."

Where was it first recorded that we shouldn't steal, or committ murder. These came from the 10 commandments. Remember even adultury was illegal in some states. THe Judeo Christian orgins of our legal system cannot be denie, so its funny that all of a sudden the govt shouldn't enforce christian morals. Whose morals should they be enforcing. Abortion is a moral position according to some folks. I disagree. The government should not be enforcing pro-abortion morals.

Brucev
05-07-2012, 07:28
[QUOTE=Jonesee;18936782]"It isn't "NORMAL'" etc., etc., ad infinitum ad nauseum.

No society should enable twisted aberrant degenerated lifestyles. On this note, homosexuality most certainly qualified on all points. If you have a taste for it, open wide or bend over as the case may be. "Just food for thought, you get the idea."

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 07:29
If the gay community would slow down a bit, and go for civil unions now, in a decade or so, people will realize that gay people living together with all the rights and benefits of marriage doesn't tear a hole in the universe, and allowing gay marriage would be a very minor issue.

Whether you like it or not, incrementalism works.

frank4570
05-07-2012, 07:33

I'm pretty comfortable with people of the various superstitions not approving of my lifestyle. I slaughter pigs, too. I touch the pig blood and everything, haven't been smitten down yet.

frank4570
05-07-2012, 07:35
If the gay community would slow down a bit, and go for civil unions now, in a decade or so, people will realize that gay people living together with all the rights and benefits of marriage doesn't tear a hole in the universe, and allowing gay marriage would be a very minor issue.

Absolutely agree.

They have their own version of open carry activist, nobody likes seeing that.:supergrin:

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 07:38
Absolutely agree.

They have their own version of open carry activist, nobody likes seeing that.:supergrin:

Actually, it's a lot like open carry. I wouldn't do it, as I consider it a tactical mistake that is a little more flamboyant than is reasonable, but I have no problem with someone else doing it.

Brucev
05-07-2012, 07:39

Inheritance

"They" regardless of who that might be have every right that is normal. If "they" are homos, then "they" can expect to be forced to jump through every possible hoop to try to normalize their degraded aberrance on normal people.

In rental of property there are all sorts of reasons why one can very easily turn down a application. Happens all the time. And it's all perfectly legal. Happens to normal people. And it happens... even to those who suppose that they should have a super-Constitutional right.

Is this a problem? No. Why should it be? It's about like when Jackson was told by a justice that he couldn't deal with the indians in fla. the way he wanted to deal with them. Remember what he said?

Scream and holler all you want to. Cry to the courts. Everyone knows how effective the courts are in doing anything for anyone other than those how own and operate the legislative branch. Right?

Brucev
05-07-2012, 07:40
I'm pretty comfortable with people of the various superstitions not approving of my lifestyle. I slaughter pigs, too. I touch the pig blood and everything, haven't been smitten down yet.

I'm pretty comfortable with bacon, ham, etc. As to sexual deviants ranging form homos to pederast, etc., well you can probably figure that answer out for yourself. :wavey:

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 07:44

http://emob127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/Biggerhog.png

Wouldn't know anything about that. :whistling:

frank4570
05-07-2012, 07:44
Where was it first recorded that we shouldn't steal, or committ murder. These came from the 10 commandments. Remember even adultury was illegal in some states. THe Judeo Christian orgins of our legal system cannot be denie, so its funny that all of a sudden the govt shouldn't enforce christian morals. Whose morals should they be enforcing. Abortion is a moral position according to some folks. I disagree. The government should not be enforcing pro-abortion morals.

I'm not going through this whole ridiculous bible argument again.
Stealing hurts other people. Murder hurts other people...etc etc and that is why people don't like it. Everybody knows it and everybody wants those laws in place, it has nothing to do with any religion.
Nobody needs somebody to explain to them that murder is bad, it's part of living with other people.
Maybe christians need somebody else to explain this stuff to them, the rest of us are average and we already understand that hurting other people is bad.

Morality laws force christian beliefs on the whole population. If christians can do it, muslims can do it.

frank4570
05-07-2012, 07:47

It just kills me with jealousy when you post those pics. Virginia is getting a wild pig population, everybody else is freaking out. I can't wait till I can go pig hunting.

Glock!9
05-07-2012, 07:58
Science has not proven there is a "gay" gene despite many efforts.
Maybe there is. maybe there isn't. It really does not matter though. If you believe its morally wrong and condemned by an almighty all knowing God then it makes no difference if your born that way. I am a red blooded male who was born with desires for many, many women but i must restrain myself from them because its wrong to not be monogamous. (this is the religious perspective).
I will say that anyone who thinks that no one chooses to be gay is very naive. Life circumstances, some by choice and some not affect how we turn out and in some cases but not all people are gay based on that outcome, some use it as a crutch to lean on, some and excuse for how and why they are different, and some of course seem to not be able to help it.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 08:07
It just kills me with jealousy when you post those pics. Virginia is getting a wild pig population, everybody else is freaking out. I can't wait till I can go pig hunting.

We have a few here.

http://emob127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/opensourcepork.jpg?t=1243128993

Record is 22 taken in a single day, didn't even put a noticeable dent in the population. 750 acres, 4 traps, 12 feeder/blind areas. We have plenty.

G22Dude
05-07-2012, 08:44
I'm not going through this whole ridiculous bible argument again.
Stealing hurts other people. Murder hurts other people...etc etc and that is why people don't like it. Everybody knows it and everybody wants those laws in place, it has nothing to do with any religion.
Nobody needs somebody to explain to them that murder is bad, it's part of living with other people.
Maybe christians need somebody else to explain this stuff to them, the rest of us are average and we already understand that hurting other people is bad.

Morality laws force christian beliefs on the whole population. If christians can do it, muslims can do it.

As I mentioned earlier your petiton and those of others with similar beliefs as yours that homosexuality is valid also exhibit a moral belief system that you want validated by law. So you just blew of my morals and characterized it as ridiculous. So what makes your contention any less ridiculous. Humans by their very nature reproduce. We unite sexually and procreate. We also find it pleasurable ( a gift from God) so we do it recreationally. Can two homosexual males have sex and produce a child. Can two lesbians produce a child. No. If a heterosexual couple are unable to have a child it may be due to a medical issue, but they have the basic equipment that would facilitate procreation.

The acts that homosexual engage in has no means of carrying on itself into another generation. This alone speaks to the un-natural nature of homosexual behavior. So bring on the stories of obscure animals acting in a homosexual manner, and remind me of how this matters to us homosapiens.

dbcooper
05-07-2012, 09:08

Well Moses was born circa 1400 B.C.E. and the Code of Hammurabi was written circa 1750 B.C.E. so they weren't first recorded in the 10 commandments.

G22Dude
05-07-2012, 09:12
Well Moses was born circa 1400 B.C.E. and the Code of Hammurabi was written circa 1750 B.C.E. so they weren't first recorded in the 10 commandments.

I defer to your scholarly wisdom sir :faint:

AlexHassin
05-07-2012, 09:37

Dam you, now I’m hungry. :eat:

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 09:43
Dam you, now I’m hungry. :eat:

http://emob127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/meat2.jpg

Sorry about that. :whistling:

Brucev
05-07-2012, 09:49
And for anybody who claims to be heterosexual, but thinks that being sexually attracted to men is a "choice", I will be declining invitations to go out drinking with you.

The fact that a guy thinks another guy could chose to be attracted to men, well that speaks volumes about how that guy was born.

I was born a heterosexual. No way in hell I could chose to be attracted to men. Clearly there are a lot of heterosexuals who have a more flexible view of their own sexuality than I do. The word "choice" sums it up.

It's the same as pederasty. No different. It is a choice. Those who are homos choose their lifestyle. Just as those who are pederast choose to act out their deviance. It is no different.

JBnTX
05-07-2012, 10:00
... It is a choice. Those who are homos choose their lifestyle...

I must disagree.

I think homosexuals are born that way and have no choice in the matter.

They can't "choose" to be straight anymore than I could "choose" to be gay.

The gay community wants you to believe it's a choice, because that makes it more normal and socially acceptable.

Gays won't admit to being born that way because it implies that they're not "normal" and are different from straight people.

frank4570
05-07-2012, 10:28
It's the same as pederasty. No different. It is a choice. Those who are homos choose their lifestyle. Just as those who are pederast choose to act out their deviance. It is no different.

You believe being heterosexual is a choice based on your own sexuality. The reason you are living a heterosexual lifestyle is because your church told you to.

I never chose to be heterosexual, I was born this way, you were not.

RC-RAMIE
05-07-2012, 10:28
Yeah, and look how well that's worked out. 2nd dumbest thing this country's done.

Well that explains a lot.

RC-RAMIE
05-07-2012, 10:30

People had rules against stealing and murder before the 10 commandments.

RC-RAMIE
05-07-2012, 10:32

So we should be ok with the gun rights we have and hope in a decade or so people will realize we deserve more gun rights?

People rights shouldn't be infringed until other people get comfortable with them.

RC-RAMIE
05-07-2012, 10:36
The gay community wants you to believe it's a choice, because that makes it more normal and socially acceptable.

Gays won't admit to being born that way because it implies that they're not "normal" and are different from straight people.

When has the gay community pushed it is a choice?

frank4570
05-07-2012, 10:38
So we should be ok with the gun rights we have and hope in a decade or so people will realize we deserve more gun rights?

People rights shouldn't be infringed until other people get comfortable with them.

I think you know that what is right, and what reality is, do not always line up.
We have maybe 2 or 3 individual open carry guys in this community. They just go about their business like it is no big deal, and as a result, it isn't. The more people get used to seeing one or 2 guys with a gun, the less they care. It is working, and it isn't causing a big scene.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 10:42
You believe being heterosexual is a choice based on your own sexuality. The reason you are living a heterosexual lifestyle is because your church told you to.

I chose a heterosexual lifestyle because women are hawt.

No one had to tell me that, it was just natural.

NDCent
05-07-2012, 11:10
Schools are serving kids sodas, chips, fries, pizza, and candy for lunch and snacks. Teach homosexuality is a normal and accepted lifestyle. Now they want classes to teach them how to be gay. What adults do behind closed doors is one thing, shoving it down the throats of children (pun intended) is something else. Might as well throw in a few classes on tats, guaged ears, bones in the nose, plates in your lip, and body piercings. The moral fiber of this country is in the toilet. :faint:

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 11:18
I must disagree.

I think homosexuals are born that way and have no choice in the matter.

They can't "choose" to be straight anymore than I could "choose" to be gay.

You really do live in another world, don't you?

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 11:22

Perhaps you were unaware that animals act heterosexually too?

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 11:30
What business is it of the Federal Government's anyway?

Paul7
05-07-2012, 11:31
His church must be very proud of him.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 11:35
Schools are serving kids sodas, chips, fries, pizza, and candy for lunch and snacks. Teach homosexuality is a normal and accepted lifestyle. Now they want classes to teach them how to be gay. What adults do behind closed doors is one thing, shoving it down the throats of children (pun intended) is something else. Might as well throw in a few classes on tats, guaged ears, bones in the nose, plates in your lip, and body piercings. The moral fiber of this country is in the toilet. :faint:

Exactly. Here's Obama's 'safe schools' appointee of a few years ago who said he admires a pedophile:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive/ldn/2009/oct/09100903

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive/ldn/2009/jun/09061113

You can't make this stuff up.....

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 11:57
Perhaps you were unaware that animals act heterosexually too?

Pretty sure most of them do.

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 12:08
Pretty sure most of them do.

So by being heterosexuals we're acting like animals according to BruceV's logic.

Brucev
05-07-2012, 12:09

Normal men are heterosexual. That is how we are born. Those men who choose the homo lifestyle are abnormal by definition. It is that simple.

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 12:13
Gays have contributed greatly to society throughout the history of civilization.

What 2 adults do behind closed doors is none of my business. Personally, I think it's genetic. We all know those kids from our childhood that weren't quite the same since kindergarten and later turned out to be gay. You knew it all along and so did they.

As for marriage, it's none of the fed's business. If states want to allow them to add a contractual relationship to their romantic one, why do I care?

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 12:14
Normal men are heterosexual. That is how we are born. Those men who choose the homo lifestyle are abnormal by definition. It is that simple.

That may be how YOU were born.

I'd say its normal in a statistical sense but if God made them that way, who are you to judge?

chickenwing
05-07-2012, 12:14
What business is it of the Federal Government's anyway?

Taxes and social engineering.

And a bunch of big-government loving religious zealots have some weird obsession with homosexuality.

Apparently the world will end and the sanctity of marriage will cease to exist because gays can marry, since marrying someone is an extra right, it's in the bible somewhere.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 12:15
So by being heterosexuals we're acting like animals according to BruceV's logic.

Well, we are animals (as opposed to minerals) last time I checked.

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 12:17
I couldn't choose to be gay. Which of you heterosexuals could choose to be gay?

Brucev? Could YOU choose to be gay?

If I couldn't choose to be gay and you couldn't choose to be gay, what makes these people special that THEY could choose to be gay.

And why would they?

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 12:18
Well, we are animals (as opposed to minerals) last time I checked.

yup..

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 12:19
Taxes and social engineering.

And a bunch of big-government loving religious zealots have some weird obsession with homosexuality.

Apparently the world will end and the sanctity of marriage will cease to exist because gays can marry, since marrying someone is an extra right, it's in the bible somewhere.

I think marriage is a rite. The ability to enter into a civil union is a right. All the perks that are attributable to being married are a matter of legislation. There is no reason that we couldn't give all the perks that marriage has to civil unions now, then revisit the gay marriage issue again in a few years.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 12:20
That may be how YOU were born.

I'd say its normal in a statistical sense but if God made them that way, who are you to judge?

God didn't make them that way, it happened in the Fall. You may not be able to choose your orientation, but you can choose your behavior, just as an alcoholic or heterosexual tempted by adultery can.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 12:23
Gays have contributed greatly to society throughout the history of civilization.

Like what? They don't reproduce and do engage in a deadly lifestyle. We tell kids not to smoke but endorse this lifestyle that is as dangerous as smoking.

We all know those kids from our childhood that weren't quite the same since kindergarten and later turned out to be gay. You knew it all along and so did they.

IMHO, homosexuality is often the result of childhood trauma. With our many dysfunctional families we are manufacturing gays.

As for marriage, it's none of the fed's business. If states want to allow them to add a contractual relationship to their romantic one, why do I care?

So should siblings, or three people, or a man and dog be able to marry?

JBnTX
05-07-2012, 12:29
Gays have contributed greatly to society throughout the history of civilization...

What have gays contributed to society throughout the history of civilization?

There may have been "individual" people that happened to be gay, but what have gays as a whole group contributed to society?

JBnTX
05-07-2012, 12:32
What 2 adults do behind closed doors is none of my business.

I agree 1000%, but the problem is that it's no longer behind closed doors.

The militant homosexual agenda has brought homosexuality into the mainstream of American society and demanded to be considered equal.

I have a problem with that.:steamed:

RC-RAMIE
05-07-2012, 12:33
Like what? They don't reproduce and do engage in a deadly lifestyle. We tell kids not to smoke but endorse this lifestyle that is as dangerous as smoking.

IMHO, homosexuality is often the result of childhood trauma. With our many dysfunctional families we are manufacturing gays.

What is deadly about a homosexual lifestyle?

RC-RAMIE
05-07-2012, 12:34
What have gays contributed to society throughout the history of civilization?

There may have been "individual" people that happened to be gay, but what have gays as a whole group contributed to society?

That what he meant people that are gay contribute to society, their sexuality makes no difference. Sorry they didn't all get together as a gay group to solve cancer.

UtahGlocker
05-07-2012, 12:42
This is a secular nation. That means that your beliefs cannot be imposed on others without a damn good, demonstrable reason. Thinking someone's behavior is "icky" or "sinful" is not a good enough reason. This is also why passing all of those State Constitutional amendments and laws banning same-sex marriage will ultimately fail. The majority cannot deny rights of the minority. It doesn't matter whose God said what or if it is a choice or not or how many votes were cast to deny those rights.

Anti-gay zealots are always going on about how gay marriage is a slippery slope and may lead to incest, polygamy or bestiality. Of course, these arguments are all fallacious as each of those have problems not found in relationships of two consenting adults. The more dangerous slippery slope is believing that the majority can somehow dictate the rights of the minority. This has lead to Jews and gay people being slaughtered in Nazi Germany. Blacks kept as slaves or when freed, restricted to separate schools, drinking fountains, back of the bus, etc. This leads to great divides in communities and has the potential to destroy this country.

You can believe gay people are sinful, degenerate ingrates all you want, but the moment you try to enforce that through the hand of government you have stepped across the line by imposing your belief system onto others and that's not Constitutional and it is not right or just.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 12:45

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0075.html

G22Dude
05-07-2012, 12:46
That what he meant people that are gay contribute to society, their sexuality makes no difference. Sorry they didn't all get together as a gay group to solve cancer.

Well if the individual just happended to be gay, and made a monumental contribution to society why go out of your way to point out that the person was gay.

I can conversely point out to the monumental contributions made by heterosexuals. It far outweighs anything gays have down. Just by the sheer number of heterosexuals there are to homosexuals. Silly right. The argument is flawed. Either he is saying that people who happened to be gay did great things or he is saying they did great things because they are gay.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 12:46
This is a secular nation. That means that your beliefs cannot be imposed on others without a damn good, demonstrable reason. Thinking someone's behavior is "icky" or "sinful" is not a good enough reason. This is also why passing all of those State Constitutional amendments and laws banning same-sex marriage will ultimately fail. The majority cannot deny rights of the minority. It doesn't matter whose God said what or if it is a choice or not or how many votes were cast to deny those rights.

Anti-gay zealots are always going on about how gay marriage is a slippery slope and may lead to incest, polygamy or bestiality. Of course, these arguments are all fallacious as each of those have problems not found in relationships of two consenting adults. The more dangerous slippery slope is believing that the majority can somehow dictate the rights of the minority. This has lead to Jews and gay people being slaughtered in Nazi Germany. Blacks kept as slaves or when freed, restricted to separate schools, drinking fountains, back of the bus, etc. This leads to great divides in communities and has the potential to destroy this country.

You can believe gay people are sinful, degenerate ingrates all you want, but the moment you try to enforce that through the hand of government you have stepped across the line by imposing your belief system onto others and that's not Constitutional and it is not right or just.

The source of someone else's vote on a public policy issue is none of your business.

Even Elena Kagan has said there is no constitutional right to gay marriage.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 12:48
We have a few here.

http://emob127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/opensourcepork.jpg?t=1243128993

Record is 22 taken in a single day, didn't even put a noticeable dent in the population. 750 acres, 4 traps, 12 feeder/blind areas. We have plenty.

How do they taste?

chickenwing
05-07-2012, 12:49
I think marriage is a rite. The ability to enter into a civil union is a right. All the perks that are attributable to being married are a matter of legislation. There is no reason that we couldn't give all the perks that marriage has to civil unions now, then revisit the gay marriage issue again in a few years.

The government should hold everyone equal under the law, and as long as government is knee deep in the marriage issue, and issues licenses, they shouldn't deny anyone because of sexual orientation, or race.

I don't think they should force any church to perform same sex marriages either, but the same goes for churches that have no problem with it.

This is a serious intervention in a person's life, I don't think a government should even have a say if all parties involved are consenting, of age to consent, or able to consent to a contract under law, the government should treat it like just another contract.

G22Dude
05-07-2012, 12:53

Blacks were forcefully removed from their homeland and brought to the West as slaves. Jews were rounded up and slaughtered.

The current issue with gay rights is that they want marriage, the union of male and female to be re-defined to suit their purposes. Civil Unions are being facilitated throughout the country. If you worry about your partner in the hospital rework your will. Nobody is rounding up gays enmass and doing them physical harm.

The comparison to West African slavery and the holocaust is insulting and weak.

If homosexuals want to symbolize their special relationship then be original and come up with a name for it. Marriage is already taken. They want to join the club but they don't meet the entry requirements.

UtahGlocker
05-07-2012, 12:54

Perhaps you have a link to an article that included behavior only limited to homosexual couples? Or were you unaware that there are many, many heterosexual couples doing those exact same things posted in your article, which, by your logic, makes heterosexual behavior "dangerous". Better yet, why not look for a non-biased scientific article from a non-religious group. Or do you only want those biased to your beliefs? :upeyes:

RC-RAMIE
05-07-2012, 13:02
Well if the individual just happended to be gay, and made a monumental contribution to society why go out of your way to point out that the person was gay.

I can conversely point out to the monumental contributions made by heterosexuals. It far outweighs anything gays have down. Just by the sheer number of heterosexuals there are to homosexuals. Silly right. The argument is flawed. Either he is saying that people who happened to be gay did great things or he is saying they did great things because they are gay.

The point is ones sexuality does not stop a person from being a contribution to society.

UtahGlocker
05-07-2012, 13:03
The source of someone else's vote on a public policy issue is none of your business.

I never said it was and I'm not trying to take away your right to vote on "public" policy issues. Private policy issues are another matter. I don't think you should try to take away other people's rights.

Even Elena Kagan has said there is no constitutional right to gay marriage.

You must be quoting that recent case that appeared before the Supreme Court where they weighed in on the issue of same-sex marriage...oh wait, it hasn't happened, yet. :upeyes: What has gone before the Supreme Court is the Loving v. Virginia case which did say that marriage is a right. Chief Justice Earl Warren wrote, "The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

Paul7
05-07-2012, 13:06
Perhaps you have a link to an article that included behavior only limited to homosexual couples? Or were you unaware that there are many, many heterosexual couples doing those exact same things posted in your article, which, by your logic, makes heterosexual behavior "dangerous". Better yet, why not look for a non-biased scientific article from a non-religious group. Or do you only want those biased to your beliefs? :upeyes:

Read the link, it compared homosexual behaviors with heterosexual behavior.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 13:08
I never said it was and I'm not trying to take away your right to vote on "public" policy issues. Private policy issues are another matter. I don't think you should try to take away other people's rights.

There is no 'right' for people with same-sex feelings to marry anymore than there is for men who want more than one wife.

You must be quoting that recent case that appeared before the Supreme Court where they weighed in on the issue of same-sex marriage...oh wait, it hasn't happened, yet. :upeyes: What has gone before the Supreme Court is the Loving v. Virginia case which did say that marriage is a right. Chief Justice Earl Warren wrote, "The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

I must have missed the part where gay marriage was mentioned. :upeyes:

The case you mention was about race, which is immutable, unlike same-sex attraction.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 13:10
The point is ones sexuality does not stop a person from being a contribution to society.

Neither does it stop men who want multiple wives from contributing. At least they can reproduce, which society has an interest in.

G22Dude
05-07-2012, 13:13

The original statement was that gays have contributed greatly to society. I don't believe anyone ever argued against this point. The question is were these contributions great because they were gay or was it because the person doing whatever he or she did happended to be gay.

I get the impression that the statement was made to somehow bolster support for gays on the premise that it was their sexuality that made their contributions great

UtahGlocker
05-07-2012, 13:17
Blacks were forcefully removed from their homeland and brought to the West as slaves. Jews were rounded up and slaughtered.

Gays were rounded up and slaughtered in Nazi Germany, too.

The current issue with gay rights is that they want marriage, the union of male and female to be re-defined to suit their purposes. Civil Unions are being facilitated throughout the country. If you worry about your partner in the hospital rework your will. Nobody is rounding up gays enmass and doing them physical harm.

Actually, homosexuals are just seeking equal rights (i.e. marriage equality). The marriage definition for the majority of people (heterosexuals) will remain exactly the same as it is now. I'm pretty sure your marriage won't change in the slightest if two men or two women get married down the street.

Why are you so stuck on legal definitions. They change all of the time to meet the needs of the people. In the case of same-sex couples, the change is long overdue and there is no separate but equal like given with civil unions opposed to marriages. If you want to go that route, then make everyone's domestic partnerships a civil union with the government out of marriage completely.

The comparison to West African slavery and the holocaust is insulting and weak.

Actually, your ignorance on how homosexuals were treated during the holocaust is pretty telling of your bias.

If homosexuals want to symbolize their special relationship then be original and come up with a name for it. Marriage is already taken. They want to join the club but they don't meet the entry requirements.

Don't blame homosexuals for the government incorporating a religious term into civil law, but since they have done so that is the only legal term they can use to get equal legal rights.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 13:17

Well, there are the killings by haters, and certain activities are more likely to transmit potentially lethal diseases.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 13:21
How do they taste?

Not to be sexist, but the males are quite gamey after they get over 100 pounds, the females are good at any size. They seem to be sweeter than store bought. The little squeelers (30-50 pounds) are really tender.

UtahGlocker
05-07-2012, 13:22
Read the link, it compared homosexual behaviors with heterosexual behavior.

I'll be happy to read one from a non-biased source. Homosexual sex is no more risky than heterosexual sex. Or would you prefer I just share an article on extreme heterosexual sex practices as an example on why all heterosexual sex is dangerous.

G22Dude
05-07-2012, 13:24
Gays were rounded up and slaughtered in Nazi Germany, too.

Actually, homosexuals are just seeking equal rights (i.e. marriage equality). The marriage definition for the majority of people (heterosexuals) will remain exactly the same as it is now. I'm pretty sure your marriage won't change in the slightest if two men or two women get married down the street.

Why are you so stuck on legal definitions. They change all of the time to meet the needs of the people. In the case of same-sex couples, the change is long overdue and there is no separate but equal like given with civil unions opposed to marriages. If you want to go that route, then make everyone's domestic partnerships a civil union with the government out of marriage completely.

Actually, your ignorance on how homosexuals were treated during the holocaust is pretty telling of your bias.

Don't blame homosexuals for the government incorporating a religious term into civil law, but since they have done so that is the only legal term they can use to get equal legal rights.

So we are supposed to change centuries old religous traditon because of what Adolph Hitler did in an attempt to create a pure white race.

As for legal definitions civil unions are legally defined but it doesn't seem satisfactory. The "gay rights movement" will not be satisfied until we all prostrate and acknowledge that their lifestyle is just as good as ours. Don't you all get it. Its not. Its not equivalent, its not natural.

You can point to evey instance where someone has done wrong to homosexuals and I will say they were wrong for harming them but it still doesn't tug at the heart strings enough to say we should throw out traditional marriage

I have no issue with saying i have a bias. I know its PC to say that we tolerate everything, but that in an of itself is a lie because at the end of the day we all draw a line somewhere. Even the PC crowd

UtahGlocker
05-07-2012, 13:29
There is no 'right' for people with same-sex feelings to marry anymore than there is for men who want more than one wife.

Did I miss some case where it was allowed for anybody of any gender to marry more than one person? If the government allows it for some segment of the population, then it must be allowed for all citizens equally unless there is a compelling interest for the limitation.

I must have missed the part where gay marriage was mentioned. :upeyes:

The case you mention was about race, which is immutable, unlike same-sex attraction.

I didn't see "race" or "gender" mentioned in the sentence I quoted, but it is not a stretch to apply the same reasoning used in the Loving case to same-sex marriage rights. Lower courts have already declared same-sex marriage a right and covered by the fourteenth amendment. The Supreme Court will have a chance to weigh in on the issue.

UtahGlocker
05-07-2012, 13:43
So we are supposed to change centuries old religous traditon because of what Adolph Hitler did in an attempt to create a pure white race.

Does this really pass as a good argument where you come from? Ever hear of the Appeal to Tradition fallacy?

As for legal definitions civil unions are legally defined but it doesn't seem satisfactory. The "gay rights movement" will not be satisfied until we all prostrate and acknowledge that their lifestyle is just as good as ours. Don't you all get it. Its not. Its not equivalent, its not natural.

I know you don't think it is equivalent or natural. My point is that your belief on the matter means squat legally in a free and equal society.

You can point to evey instance where someone has done wrong to homosexuals and I will say they were wrong for harming them but it still doesn't tug at the heart strings enough to say we should throw out traditional marriage

You lost me here. Where is someone advocating that men and women can no longer be married (i.e. traditional marriage)? I'll just point out again, that marriage between existing and future heterosexual couples will not be affected in ANY way legally by also allowing same-sex couples a civil marriage. We are discussing a legal definition, not the one defined by your church.

I have no issue with saying i have a bias. I know its PC to say that we tolerate everything, but that in an of itself is a lie because at the end of the day we all draw a line somewhere. Even the PC crowd

It's PC to say we tolerate everything? That's news to me. I hear of people being intolerant every day and there's no problem with it. The problem is when the intolerance is forced onto others through government mandate for no secular, compelling reason.

The Maggy
05-07-2012, 13:43

not to mention the people that have been married five or six times.

I won't even get into 16 year olds getting married, a sixteen year old person can't legally do anything else... but marriage.. it's a sacred bond.

G22Dude
05-07-2012, 13:48
Does this really pass as a good argument where you come from? Ever hear of the Appeal to Tradition fallacy?

I know you don't think it is equivalent or natural. My point is that your belief on the matter means squat legally in a free and equal society.

You lost me here. Where is someone advocating that men and women can no longer be married (i.e. traditional marriage)? I'll just point out again, that marriage between existing and future heterosexual couples will not be affected in ANY way legally by also allowing same-sex couples a civil marriage. We are discussing a legal definition, not the one defined by your church.

It's PC to say we tolerate everything? That's news to me. I hear of people being intolerant every day and there's no problem with it. The problem is when the intolerance is forced onto others through government mandate for no secular, compelling reason.

Civil unions

HexHead
05-07-2012, 13:52
This is so transparent. They released Biden's feelings to test the waters in terms of reaction. If it's negative they can always back away with "That's just crazy Joe for ya". Officially, 0bama's position is "still evolving". You can be sure by election day he'll be for it if he's behind in the polls and needs the queer vote.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 13:55
Civil unions

If they want it to happen now, that's the way to go. If they want to hold out for the word "marriage", it's going to take a lot of work and even more time.

AlexHassin
05-07-2012, 14:17

I’m sorry, how is getting acontract from the government saying you and X are married a religioustradition? If you have not noticed, most marriages are not about religionanymore. Hell the state does not care what religion(or lack of) you or yourpartner is. Yes it was once upon a time a religion thing and you can still geta church, mosque, synagogue, what have you to recognize it, but the marriage weare talking about here is the secular state one.

In all curiosity, if marriage is areligious institution, why do we have interfaith marriages?

Paul7
05-07-2012, 14:47
Not to be sexist, but the males are quite gamey after they get over 100 pounds, the females are good at any size. They seem to be sweeter than store bought. The little squeelers (30-50 pounds) are really tender.

Thanks, are the females readily identifiable in the field? I've got a TX hog hunt scheduled this year and have been wondering about such things. Would hate to kill a 200 lb. inedible hog.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 14:56
Thanks, are the females readily identifiable in the field? I've got a TX hog hunt scheduled this year and have been wondering about such things. Would hate to kill a 200 lb. inedible hog.

Not to be intentionally offensive, but you can usually notice the scrotum if you see them from behind, and they are technically vermin, so if you shoot a boar, drag him off in the woods and leave him for the vultures. Most places will be happy you shot one anyway. Check with the landowner about any rules they have. There is no limit on how many you can shoot, so that's not a problem. An AR-10 is a nice thing to have, if you see a bunch of them, shoot all you can and only take the ones home that you want. But just my advice, don't take a big boar to the processor. They'll look at you funny.

RC-RAMIE
05-07-2012, 15:03
Well, there are the killings by haters, and certain activities are more likely to transmit potentially lethal diseases.

Ever one of those activities Oral anal is practiced by straight people to.

ChuteTheMall
05-07-2012, 15:18
But just my advice, don't take a big boar to the processor. They'll look at you funny.

Even if you bring a marraige license?

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 15:28
Ever one of those activities Oral anal is practiced by straight people to.

And those diseases were somehow still more prevalent in the homosexual community.

That's just a medical fact, and not a judgement thing. To each their own as far as I'm concerned.

The issue is that both sides (gay community and religious right) have a very real hang up on the word "marriage". Strategically, it just makes sense to me to bypass the minor issue and go for the bigger goal, which should be equal rights, as opposed to equal rites. Go for civil unions with all the legal benefits of marriage. They can still have a big ceremony with all the formal attire and a reception if they want. A rose by any other name.

But if the goal is to rub the religious rights face in it figuratively, there will be active resistance, and for what? The end result is a delay in equal rights.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 15:34
Even if you bring a marraige license?
:rofl::rofl::supergrin:
No way then. They'd be too afraid of the ACLU showing up and suing them into oblivion.

frank4570
05-07-2012, 15:36
And those diseases were somehow still more prevalent in the homosexual community.

I'd be willing to bet that is because we are talking about guys. What if most heterosexual women were as eager for sex as most heterosexual men are? That's pretty much the situation with gay guys. The results should be easy to predict.

But if the goal is to rub the religious rights face in it figuratively, there will be active resistance, and for what? The end result is a delay in equal rights.
I absolutely agree. The advantages of working toward civil unions should be obvious to anybody who is not emotional about this issue.z
Again, it reminds me of the hostile open carry guys in large groups.

snerd
05-07-2012, 15:40
http://emob127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/meat2.jpg
:whistling:

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv32/jagoddez/4-naked-chicks-in-hot-tub.jpg

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 15:45
I'd be willing to bet that is because we are talking about guys. What if most heterosexual women were as eager for sex as most heterosexual men are? That's pretty much the situation with gay guys. The results should be easy to predict.

I absolutely agree. The advantages of working toward civil unions should be obvious to anybody who is not emotional about this issue.z
Again, it reminds me of the hostile open carry guys in large groups.[/QUOTE]

Well, not really. There are some anatomical differences between a rectum and a ******. Betty White has a great quote on that one. The mucous membrane of the rectum is more likely to be disrupted (abrasions, tears) and allow viral transmission than the ******l mucosa. Even when corrected for number of encounters, anal sex is more likely to be risky than ******l. Then there is the issue with monogamy, which wasn't always as popular as it is now in the gay community.

Still, we are talking about a virus, that has no brains and less morals. Anyone can get it, even virgins.

HexHead
05-07-2012, 15:50
I'd be willing to bet that is because we are talking about guys. What if most heterosexual women were as eager for sex as most heterosexual men are?

That's pretty much been my experience. Women like sex. Maybe even more than we do.

Brucev
05-07-2012, 15:54
Again, it reminds me of the hostile open carry guys in large groups. No. The COTUS is the basis for oc/cc, etc. There is nothing in the COTUS that speaks to efforts to normalize debauched aberrant homosexuality, either by men or women.

Well, not really. There are some anatomical differences between a rectum and a ******. Betty White has a great quote on that one. The mucous membrane of the rectum is more likely to be disrupted (abrasions, tears) and allow viral transmission than the ******l mucosa. Even when corrected for number of encounters, anal sex is more likely to be risky than ******l. Then there is the issue with monogamy, which wasn't always as popular as it is now in the gay community.

Still, we are talking about a virus, that has no brains and less morals. Anyone can get it, even virgins.[/QUOTE]

SGT HATRED
05-07-2012, 16:01
Today it's homosexuality, tomorrow it's what? Marrying animals, cousins, brothers and sisters? Shoot wht not children? How low can our moral standard go?

frank4570
05-07-2012, 16:13
Today it's homosexuality, tomorrow it's what? Marrying animals, cousins, brothers and sisters? Shoot wht not children? How low can our moral standard go?

Animals can't give consent. Cousins are already legal in some states. Brothers and sisters are proven to cause genetic deformities. Children can't give consent.
And, I really don't care what your moral standard is. I care about preventing non-consenting individuals from getting hurt. I'm sure there are some christians (your crew, right?) who say it is fine for a 14 year old child to marry a good christian man. That particular christian morality is not accepted in this country.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 16:40
Animals can't give consent. Cousins are already legal in some states. Brothers and sisters are proven to cause genetic deformities. Children can't give consent.
And, I really don't care what your moral standard is. I care about preventing non-consenting individuals from getting hurt. I'm sure there are some christians (your crew, right?) who say it is fine for a 14 year old child to marry a good christian man. That particular christian morality is not accepted in this country.

You're thinking of Islam. If you have a Bible citation to the contrary, let's see it.

Paul7
05-07-2012, 16:40

Good question. Eventually the concept of marriage will be meaningless.

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 18:07

Well, the Vatican should know:whistling:

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 18:10
No. The COTUS is the basis for oc/cc, etc. There is nothing in the COTUS that speaks to efforts to normalize debauched aberrant homosexuality, either by men or women.

There is nothing to prevent it in the COTUS either. If people want to do something that you think will damn them to hell, they have a right to do it, and you have a right to believe they are hell bound.

If there is a God, he gave us free will, for a reason.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 18:12
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv32/jagoddez/4-naked-chicks-in-hot-tub.jpg

I love that. A Paltry Poultry hot tub. But you should have blurred out the private parts, not because it is necessary, but because it isn't.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 18:13
That's pretty much been my experience. Women like sex. Maybe even more than we do.

Speak for yourself......

(just kidding, but I couldn't resist that one)

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 18:14

Draw a firm line at consenting adults. That will be more than sufficient.

Cavalry Doc
05-07-2012, 18:18
You're thinking of Islam. If you have a Bible citation to the contrary, let's see it.

Ex-bishop Fredrick Merril Jessop was found guilty on Monday of marrying a 12-year-old girl to polygamist leader Warren Jeffs, who is serving a life term for sexually assaulting two child brides. (http://www.sott.net/articles/show/237384-US-Texas-Man-Guilty-of-Marrying-Girl-to-Polygamist-Sect-Leader)

People do a lot of bad things for a lot of reasons. Some use religion as an excuse to do bad things. For most religions, that is a bastardization of the tenets of the religion. No, Jeffs was not a good man, and not doing God's work. But he claimed he was.

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 18:25
No. The COTUS is the basis for oc/cc, etc. There is nothing in the COTUS that speaks to efforts to normalize debauched aberrant homosexuality, either by men or women.

[/QUOTE]

Even a blind dog finds a bone now and then.

You're absolutely correct! That is why this isn't a federal issue and the fed needs to stay out and let the people of the states decide.

Restless28
05-07-2012, 18:28
Paul, thinks it just fine also. Maybe him and Biden have a lot in common.

Yes. They both support personal freedom without religious prejudice.

certifiedfunds
05-07-2012, 18:33
Like what?

Art

Science

Medicine

Literature

Business

They don't reproduce and do engage in a deadly lifestyle. We tell kids not to smoke but endorse this lifestyle that is as dangerous as smoking.

All? You're comfortable with generalizations like that?

Do heterosexuals ever engage in a deadly lifestyle? Do they all.

I don't endorse the lifestyle. Who here is endorsing the lifestyle?

While we're on the topic, exactly what is the lifestyle?

IMHO some healthy families are manufacturing gays.

Take these two twin brothers I know. One grew up to be perfectly well-adjusted and hetero. The other brother's loafers never touch the ground.

What do the laws in their state say?

Brucev
05-07-2012, 20:44
Yes. They both support personal freedom without religious prejudice.

Wrong. As to RP... he is a zero. What he thinks is irrelevant. As to JB, he is a deokrat. When he opens his mouth out come lies. If he thought it would get him votes, he'd come out and support muslim law as the new norm. He gets behind homos because he doesn't want them behind him. He just wants their votes.

ChuteTheMall
05-07-2012, 21:09
You're absolutely correct! That is why this isn't a federal issue and the fed needs to stay out and let the people of the states decide.

As usual, we agree.:faint:

I hope it's on every ballot in every state this November.

Paul7
05-08-2012, 07:34
People do a lot of bad things for a lot of reasons. Some use religion as an excuse to do bad things. For most religions, that is a bastardization of the tenets of the religion. No, Jeffs was not a good man, and not doing God's work. But he claimed he was.

I was asking for a citation from the Christian scriptures to support this, your example is a Mormon, who most orthodox Christians consider a cult.

Paul7
05-08-2012, 07:35
Draw a firm line at consenting adults. That will be more than sufficient.

So we should legalize prostitution? Polygamy?

stevelyn
05-08-2012, 08:19

Why not? What's wrong with either of those?

Granted I wouldn't want to be married to more than one nagging woman, but still it's practiced in other cultures and was acceptable in the earlier days of ancient Hebrew mythology.

Cavalry Doc
05-08-2012, 08:32

Why any man would want to deal with two wives is beyond me, and prostitution is often a trap, where people are forced into it, I'd have some reservations.....

But I see no reason for me to interfere with what freely consenting adults wish to do in their relationships.

I am only one person, and other than posting here, which has no effect on current laws, I don't feel strongly enough one way or the other to take the effort to change things.

Cavalry Doc
05-08-2012, 08:36

Granted I wouldn't want to be married to more than one nagging woman, but still it's practiced in other cultures and was acceptable in the earlier days of ancient Hebrew mythology.

I don't get a lot of nagging, but as wonderful a catch as I am, I would expect that there would be significant jealousy issues and competition for my "affection" time.

[/sarcasm]

I do think that being committed to a single person, forsaking all others in that way, is the way to go if you want a happy and lasting partnership. If women are a commodity, that would be different, but I prefer an equal, not a subordinate.

Paul7
05-08-2012, 10:15

OK, and as the Constitution is silent on those things, it is up to the people and their representatives, the same as gay marriage.

My point was that we don't allow everything consenting adults want to do. Drugs would be another thing.

frank4570
05-08-2012, 15:16
I don't get a lot of nagging, but as wonderful a catch as I am, I would expect that there would be significant jealousy issues and competition for my "affection" time.

You're doing it wrong.

Or, so I've heard.

Cavalry Doc
05-08-2012, 16:26
You're doing it wrong.

Or, so I've heard.

:whistling: I'd explain it, but can't think of a way to do it without it sounding like bragging. Knowledge of anatomy is a special skill.

certifiedfunds
05-08-2012, 20:44

Who is we? What state do you live in?

Brucev
05-08-2012, 22:14
There is nothing to prevent it in the COTUS either. If people want to do something that you think will damn them to hell, they have a right to do it, and you have a right to believe they are hell bound.

If there is a God, he gave us free will, for a reason.

The founding fathers were normal men. They wrote the COTUS for normal people. There is no oblgation for normal men to accommodate abnormal degenerates. If a judge is so stupid as to rule otherwise, then one just ignores the little man/woman in the black robe. And if the little man squatting in the white house doesn't like it, and if he wants to play army fine. He hasn't so far demonstrated any ability to do anything at all except make promises and excuses.

9jeeps
05-08-2012, 22:39
Sometimes Biden just amazes me. Don't think I've ever witnessed such an inept man in such a high office. Well there are a couple exceptions at higher level.