Update on the Mobile Match [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Mobile Match

BamaTrooper
05-06-2012, 17:12
So EDE and I went to the range to meet with the SO range officers and decide what set ups to use. With out giving away the actual stage set ups, we are going to be able to run a 3/3/2 maybe a 3/3/3 depening on the number of ROs.

As we get closer, we will be recruiting ROs, preferably ones that can be there both days, but if you feel like volunteering, let me know.

DEJ/FL
05-07-2012, 14:46
Bama
You can count of the FL Panhandle guys!:wavey:

Dan:cool:

SARDG
05-07-2012, 15:01
...As we get closer, we will be recruiting ROs, preferably ones that can be there both days, but if you feel like volunteering, let me know.
I'll be there 2 days, getting in Friday or maybe even Thursday night.

I would love :hearts: to help out over the weekend or on Friday if I get in Thursday night. No shooting lessons required - or wanted!! :phew:

ede
05-07-2012, 16:04
It's a nice place, as nice as any range I've been too. Talking with the the two Mobile County SO guys putting the match on their biggest worry is making sure they take care of the shooters and everyone has a good experience.

SARDG
05-07-2012, 16:29
It's a nice place... ...their biggest worry is making sure they take care of the shooters and everyone has a good experience.
My philosophy too. Bama's described the venue to me - a few times. He's excited! :)

lethal tupperwa
05-07-2012, 18:26
let Morganton guide you and you won't go wrong.

BamaTrooper
05-07-2012, 18:38
It's a nice place, as nice as any range I've been too. Talking with the the two Mobile County SO guys putting the match on their biggest worry is making sure they take care of the shooters and everyone has a good experience.

No walking up and down hills to get to stages and see which ones are running fast or slow. Bathrooms, registration and vendors within 50 yds. Possibly and extra M and 5toG on the rifle deck.
We should have a practice rack and maybe D1s for checking sights on a pay per mag with proceeds to charity. Supposed to have an ammo vendor on sight and possibly Ed's Public Safety if they can make it (fingers crossed). The SO Reserve will be doing the concessions and the police explorers will be running score sheets and helping paste targets.

...and yes, Kitty, I AM EXCITED. I was informed that since I was the one doing the promoting and the one that pushed them to get it, they want me to make sure it works and they want to be able to worry about making it safe and fun so everyone will come back. Also, if this works, they might host some PPC and other shooting types.

BamaTrooper
05-08-2012, 07:52
let Morganton guide you and you won't go wrong.

If we have the ROs we are hoping for, we will have a relief squad or two and enough people pasting that the shooters will only need to shoot.

lethal tupperwa
05-08-2012, 12:13
at Topton last year the local boy scout troop did the pasting.

weagle
05-08-2012, 14:37
We'll be there BamaTrooper.

Don Anderson aka Weagle
Ed's Public Safety

BamaTrooper
07-27-2012, 09:26
For those of you wanting to know which hotels are in the area, the Hampton Inn and Suites- Providence Park has agreed to be one of our host hotels. Right now the rate is $99 but I have heard their government rate is $94.

www.hamptonmobileprovidencepark.com

I am talking with another chain as well to see if they would like to offer a group rate for those that prefer the $60ish range. If it comes through, I will add their information.

Both the Hampton and the secondary hotel are around 10-12 miles from the range.

Roadkill_751
07-27-2012, 16:22
For those of you wanting to know which hotels are in the area, the Hampton Inn and Suites- Providence Park has agreed to be one of our host hotels. Right now the rate is $99 but I have heard their government rate is $94.

I am talking with another chain as well to see if they would like to offer a group rate for those that prefer the $60ish range. If it comes through, I will add their information.

Both the Hampton and the secondary hotel are around 10-12 miles from the range.

Hey Bama,

Any Mobile home parks renting out housing for the match?:tongueout::rofl:

BamaTrooper
07-30-2012, 13:56
I was at the range today and noticed that the new becnhes were built and installed. Tables are being built and they have 12 new pepper poppers that are being kept new until the match arrives.

Also, for those of you wondering, the GPS coordinates are:

LAT 30' 42 N
LON 88' 19 W

...so put them in your GPS and see how long it might take you to get here :supergrin:

BamaTrooper
07-30-2012, 13:57
Hey Bama,

Any Mobile home parks renting out housing for the match?:tongueout::rofl:

I had you a spot for your trailer but you mentioned a tent and an overpass :dunno:

Scooter921
08-04-2012, 07:18
Hampton inn will do group rates if you call and talk to the marketing person there that is what morganton nc done

SARDG
08-04-2012, 13:37
Hampton inn will do group rates if you call and talk to the marketing person there that is what morganton nc done
That IS a group rate, albiet a poor one. Regular rates:
Reg Rack, $113
AAA, $107
AARP/Senior, $101
Gov't $94

I just think it's poor because I already qualify for Gov't and want something better than that. :shocked:

BamaTrooper
08-04-2012, 13:38
Scooter,
The 99 was the group rate. I think this one is a highfalutin' Hampton, but it close to everything you should need while at the match. Grocery, medical help, movie theater, restaurants, gunshops, ammo.

BamaTrooper
08-04-2012, 13:42
Reg Rack, $113
AAA, $107
AARP/Senior, $101
Gov't $94

I just think it's poor because I already qualify for Gov't and want something better than that. :shocked:

So if you applied your government rate discount and your AARP discount and the GSSF group discount, they should owe you:rofl:

Kitty, did you check the coordinates and get a door to door distance? Also, I have a group of 30 Deputies and PD officers coming out tomorrow for a "match" run through. I get to be the RO, Safety officer and squadding officer and they all get to shoot. I may even yuse your stuff for a briefing:supergrin:
This will give us a chance to see how sensitive the timers are, where we need vision blockers and expose the ROs to the scoring, sign up, etc...

SARDG
08-04-2012, 13:55
So if you applied your government rate discount and your AARP discount and the GSSF group discount, they should owe you:rofl:
Call and ask them, will you? :tongueout:

Kitty, did you check the coordinates and get a door to door distance? Also, I have a group of 30 Deputies and PD officers coming out tomorrow for a "match" run through. I get to be the RO, Safety officer and squadding officer and they all get to shoot. I may even yuse your stuff for a briefing:supergrin:
This will give us a chance to see how sensitive the timers are, where we need vision blockers and expose the ROs to the scoring, sign up, etc...
It's 470 miles to the range for me.

My 'stuff' is good 'stuff' - and it mentions ready positions and trigger fingers. But you wouldn't forget that anyway. You still have cones in mind?

What about baffles between the stages? We spoke about that I think - but I forgot what you said.

ETA: Ever get to the Coast Guard Sector offices?

Scooter921
08-05-2012, 09:11
Reg Rack, $113
AAA, $107
AARP/Senior, $101
Gov't $94

I agree that is high let me call and see what i can do last time i called and they gave about 80 for group function

SARDG
08-05-2012, 09:57
I agree that is high let me call and see what i can do last time i called and they gave about 80 for group function
Maybe you’re a smoother talker than Bama. :) But I figured if he'd just walk in in uniform and ask, that they'd be happy to oblige. I use that ploy frequently - plus my charm of course. :supergrin:

lethal tupperwa
08-05-2012, 10:59
Kitty, I have told you before

a hammerlock is not really charm. :O)

SARDG
08-05-2012, 11:10
Kitty, I have told you before

a hammerlock is not really charm. :O)
Yeah... but it works so well! :tongueout:

BamaTrooper
08-06-2012, 09:50
My 'stuff' is good 'stuff' - and it mentions ready positions and trigger fingers. But you wouldn't forget that anyway. You still have cones in mind?

What about baffles between the stages? We spoke about that I think - but I forgot what you said.

We talked about baffles yesterday, but what we did was a shot through and a minibriefing on squadding, start positions, range commands and scoring.Of the 16 shooters at the walk through, only two had previous experience with the D1 targets and the arrays.

I let the County RO run me through all three stages and then we let the shooters alternate between running the timer and entering the scores. All of the shooters took turns scoring the targets.

As expected, some shot better on steel and some on paper, but everyone that talked to me about the practice said something similar to, "...now that I know how the match runs..."

On a personal note, August 5th, in Mobile from 12-4 is HOT:steamed:HOT; so hot in fact that I got to :puking:

Oh what I give for this sport:supergrin:

Anyway, everyone was well briefed on starting positions and range commands. Squadding will get more attention, but the ones that picked it up the best are going to be the primary squadding officers.

As to baffles- we will work on them on another date at an earlier time, preferably morning or evening.

Also, I met a new GTer out there but I, emabarrasingly, have forgotten his GT handle. I think it is Todd something. If he reads this, I hope he feels free to chime in.

SARDG
08-06-2012, 10:04
It's todd river, who lives nearby apparently.

SARDG
08-06-2012, 10:05
We talked about...
Did you use my 'stuff'? Very comprehensive - but could use some photos.

Don At PC
08-06-2012, 10:05
"Also, I met a new GTer out there but I, emabarrasingly, have forgotten his GT handle. I think it is Todd something. If he reads this, I hope he feels free to chime in. "

How about Todd River? Sound about right, geeee do we always have to keep you straight. No wonder Ed cuts your grass and carries your bags. :embarassed::wavey::faint:

Don

todd river
08-06-2012, 11:27
We talked about baffles yesterday, but what we did was a shot through and a minibriefing on squadding, start positions, range commands and scoring.Of the 16 shooters at the walk through, only two had previous experience with the D1 targets and the arrays.

I let the County RO run me through all three stages and then we let the shooters alternate between running the timer and entering the scores. All of the shooters took turns scoring the targets.

As expected, some shot better on steel and some on paper, but everyone that talked to me about the practice said something similar to, "...now that I know how the match runs..."

On a personal note, August 5th, in Mobile from 12-4 is HOT:steamed:HOT; so hot in fact that I got to :puking:

Oh what I give for this sport:supergrin:

Anyway, everyone was well briefed on starting positions and range commands. Squadding will get more attention, but the ones that picked it up the best are going to be the primary squadding officers.

As to baffles- we will work on them on another date at an earlier time, preferably morning or evening.

Also, I met a new GTer out there but I, emabarrasingly, have forgotten his GT handle. I think it is Todd something. If he reads this, I hope he feels free to chime in.

No problem, you had your hands full. To say the least, it
was a very humbling experience. Especially when we went
through the plates. I can make excuses, but the fact is
I could not hit one plate on my 1st try. It did not get to
much better after that. I did learn a good bit, and I know
I need a whole lot more practice.

I did try a new ammo mag tech that I picked up from
palmetto state armory, and one of the guys told me to
get rid of it. It was bouncing off the plates. That is my
only excuse.

SARDG
08-06-2012, 11:32
No problem, you had your hands full...
Bama was barfing... that kept him busy. :whistling:

ede
08-06-2012, 13:39
Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday to help out Bama. I was in WV shooting with my friend Mike.

Well part of that is true, I was in WV shooting and Mike was there too.

BamaTrooper
08-06-2012, 15:53
... To say the least, it
was a very humbling experience. Especially when we went
through the plates. I can make excuses, but the fact is
I could not hit one plate on my 1st try. It did not get to
much better after that. I did learn a good bit, and I know
I need a whole lot more practice.

I did try a new ammo mag tech that I picked up from
palmetto state armory, and one of the guys told me to
get rid of it. It was bouncing off the plates. That is my
only excuse.

All it is is practice. Most of those guys that were there are used to shooting a single Q target for qualification and when they shoot plates, it is for fun (hardly ever timed and hardly ever with that many people watching).

We should have a few more "minimatches" so feel free to come out again; or just come out and shoot plates.

ede
08-06-2012, 18:36
Bama let me know when I'd love to help, but I might be sort of limited on what weekends I'm free. Before you plan another match get with me and if it's all the same we can work it in to fit my schedule.

sailor
08-08-2012, 06:32
I am just across the bay in Baldwin county. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

BamaTrooper
08-08-2012, 12:08
I am just across the bay in Baldwin county. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Next practice session, I will let you know. You can come shoot, just watch, or get some RO briefing info in case you decide to help out on Match day.

I know how much you have been wanting to shoot...why do you think we got them to bring a match to Mobile?

BamaTrooper
08-08-2012, 12:09
I was out to the range on teh 7th and we managed to get 7 more shooters to come out. Granted 6 were our SWAT guys that I am trying to get to shoot guardian and guardian team, but they seemed interested and a couple of them did well enough that a little practice might put them on the podium.

SARDG
08-08-2012, 12:31
...a coupl of them did well enough that a little practice might put them on the podium.
On the podium? You've been watching too much Olympics... :supergrin:

Don At PC
08-08-2012, 12:39
On the podium? You've been watching too much Olympics... :supergrin:

Either that or Bama's idea of the "Podium" is referring to the "Out Door John". :tongueout::embarassed:

Don

mikey357
08-10-2012, 18:04
Either that or Bama's idea of the "Podium" is referring to the "Out Door John". :tongueout::embarassed:

Don

Depending on the "State" of your DIGESTION, I guess that COULD BE the "Immodium Podium", couldn't it?!?!...:tongueout::rofl::tongueout:....mikey357

BamaTrooper
08-21-2012, 21:00
We tried the timers with reduced sensitivity and it looks like we can run 3 stages per bay. As added precaution, we will put sound "walls" up.

Vision blockers to divide the arrays will be added so the spatially challenged will shoot the correct array.

For those of you wanting to volunteer as ROs, PM me with your info so we can start the list. We should be able to shoot most if not all of the ROs through on Friday.

SARDG
08-21-2012, 21:36
We tried the timers with reduced sensitivity and it looks like we can run 3 stages per bay. As added precaution, we will put sound "walls" up...
Now you're talking... :devildance: :thumbsup: I hope you get a huge turnout because I think you can handle a fairly large crowd from your various descriptions of the pre-planning.

Let's talk tomorrow - I've got some other 'stuff'...

Pharaoh
08-23-2012, 21:11
Ok any one heard form Brian D. lately? He sure has been quite!

BamaTrooper
09-10-2012, 13:20
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Park/ Airport Area
525 Providence Park Dr. East
Mobile, AL 36695
Main:(251) 776-5866
Fax: (251) 776-5887

SARDG
09-10-2012, 13:26
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Park/ Airport Area
525 Providence Park Dr. East
Mobile, AL 36695
Direct Line: (251) 370-9007
Main:(251) 776-5866
Fax: (251) 776-5887
...and the final rate is.........

BamaTrooper
09-10-2012, 13:33
...and the final rate is.........still 99 (94 gov rate)

Don At PC
09-10-2012, 14:10
I just made ours online at $107 plus tax with AAA discount.

Don

BamaTrooper
09-10-2012, 14:12
I just made ours online at $107 plus tax with AAA discount.

Don

I am calling her now; she offered the rate, she needs to honor it.

Don, you should be getting an email and/or call from her. Your rate will be reduced.

For everyone else, if you call, reference the GSSF, Glock shooting match or Mobile County Sheriff Dept. The front desk will know to give you the lower rate.

bryandover
09-10-2012, 14:31
I got $101 but not going to lose any sleep :supergrin: about $2

That will be a double hitter for me with Sparta.

Don At PC
09-10-2012, 15:41
I just received an updated Confirmation email. I do now have the $99 per room per night plus tax. Thanks Bama and Veronica for helping make things right.

Don

Scooter921
09-11-2012, 07:33
Made ours got the 99.00 dollar rate ... thank you

abn75
09-11-2012, 19:24
Live just up the road in Satsuma, would love to go to this meet. I believe I know where exactly it is, but if you would pm me the info on where/when etc I will be sure to be there. Might not shoot, but will be on site to watch/cheer on etc.

SARDG
09-11-2012, 21:29
Live just up the road in Satsuma, would love to go to this meet. I believe I know where exactly it is, but if you would pm me the info on where/when etc I will be sure to be there. Might not shoot, but will be on site to watch/cheer on etc.
Welcome to GT.

It sounds as though you are not the least bit familiar with GSSF - but there is hope. :) This Mobile match is Oct 20-21 at the Mobile County Sheriff's Office Range - but there is much more to learn here:
www.gssfonline.com

BamaTrooper
09-12-2012, 08:05

Watch on Saturday, shoot on Sunday.

BamaTrooper
10-02-2012, 15:16
I am looking for about 6 or 8 additional volunteer Ros for the Mobile match. You can work either day or both. PM me if you are interested.

Match dates 10/20-21/2012

Pharaoh
10-02-2012, 20:20
He does live! Glad to see your making Mobile! heheh 7-10:wow:

Pharaoh

I got $101 but not going to lose any sleep :supergrin: about $2

That will be a double hitter for me with Sparta.

BamaTrooper
10-05-2012, 09:49
Just got off the phone with the range master; they are doing a lot of sprucing up and prep work...new signs, fresh paint, brand new pepper poppers for the match.

We are even having another RO tarining match before the event arrives.

ede, give me a call.

ede
10-05-2012, 16:20
you need to answer your phone. Pam's off this weekend so maybe we both can shoot a little.

Don At PC
10-05-2012, 19:10
you need to answer your phone. Pam's off this weekend so maybe we both can shoot a little.

Now remember "practicing is cheating" . :rofl::wavey::faint::embarassed:
Looking forward to a great match Bama. No pressure. :embarassed:

Don

SARDG
10-05-2012, 21:19
I was going to shoot 5 divisions and skip HM, but Bama talked me into the full meal deal and also shooting HM so we'd have 10 Masters (maybe) in HM. Guess I'll do it, although I'll be a Master celler dweller.

I was probably talking to Bama when Ed was trying to call him. :embarassed: I think Bama said there were 28 pre-registered. Gonna be a quick match! :rofl:

ede
10-06-2012, 07:48
I tried twice to call my BFF bama and it went straight to voice mail both times.

BamaTrooper
10-06-2012, 08:56
I tried twice to call my BFF bama and it went straight to voice mail both times.

You can call me at home:tongueout: I try to turn that damn work phone off as soon as I get home.

ede
10-06-2012, 10:01
You can call me at home:tongueout: I try to turn that damn work phone off as soon as I get home.

As many times as I've been over to mow the lawn and wash the CRV I don't have your home number, at least in my phone. I'll have to search old emails to see if I have it saved there. You might have to call me.

lethal tupperwa
10-06-2012, 10:10
you mean he LETS you mow his lawn but won't let you in the house?

BamaTrooper
10-07-2012, 09:24
As many times as I've been over to mow the lawn and wash the CRV I don't have your home number, at least in my phone. I'll have to search old emails to see if I have it saved there. You might have to call me.

It should be on your caller ID now:supergrin:

BamaTrooper
10-07-2012, 09:24
you mean he LETS you mow his lawn but won't let you in the house?

Not through the front door, he is from Ohio ya know:tongueout:

lethal tupperwa
10-07-2012, 10:08
Bamma did you see the news about crv recalls?

BamaTrooper
10-08-2012, 20:05
Bamma did you see the news about crv recalls?

Was it for 1999s?:faint:

sailor
10-10-2012, 06:24
I can help set things up on Friday and RO on Saturday if you need me.

Mike

BamaTrooper
10-11-2012, 14:58
We are up to 98 preregistered shooters as of this afternoon. I hope this bodes well for a turnout. Anybody have an idea of the preregistered numbers vs eventual turnout? Some sort of ratio they have experienced?

A good turnout and an enjoyable match will go a long way towards garnering the Sheriff's support on future matches.

BamaTrooper
10-11-2012, 14:59
I can help set things up on Friday and RO on Saturday if you need me.

Mike

Check your PM

BamaTrooper
10-11-2012, 15:05
I am looking for about 6 or 8 additional volunteer Ros for the Mobile match. You can work either day or both. PM me if you are interested.

Match dates 10/20-21/2012

For those of you that volunteered (and any that may want to help), we will be starting the set up and RO shoot between 12and 1 on the 19th.

We should have plenty of strong backs there already and teh plate racks are already installed so we will need to put up tent/pavilions, the 5 to Glock and Glock M stages, hang signs and banners, move the shooter tables into place and other stuff. The quicker we can get it done, the quicker the ROs can shoot.

If you can't make it on Friday, make sure you find me and check in before the shooting starts on Saturday.

BamaTrooper
10-11-2012, 15:13
I can't believe I let it go this long, but anyone interested in a meet and greet for dinner, start tossing out ideas. It can be Friday or Saturday.

SARDG
10-11-2012, 15:16
We are up to 98 preregistered shooters as of this afternoon. I hope this bodes well for a turnout. Anybody have an idea of the preregistered numbers vs eventual turnout? Some sort of ratio they have experienced?
FWIW, Conyers was 735 pre-reg, ~1048 Total.

I still have to register 6 entries, so that's 104. :)

Roadkill_751
10-11-2012, 15:59
I can't believe I let it go this long, but anyone interested in a meet and greet for dinner, start tossing out ideas. It can be Friday or Saturday.

I thought you had already asked, last week? We will be getting in Friday evening.

BamaTrooper
10-11-2012, 16:14
I thought you had already asked, last week? We will be getting in Friday evening.

That was a smaller, Team AHC gathering gathering; this is for anyone interested.

Shooter64
10-11-2012, 17:07

I would be up for it. Not sure what time we will be in town Friday evening.

Sent from TapTalk 2

emtjr928
10-11-2012, 17:10
I'll be arriving Fri mid day. Either works for me. PS, I'll have two entries as well. Look forward to the weekend.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

BamaTrooper
10-12-2012, 14:58
For those interested, we are planning a Friday night meet and greet to be held at a local seafood place.

Should there be enough interest, we can do something someplace else on Saturday.

BamaTrooper
10-14-2012, 15:55
We set up the full range (not the practice range or extra arrays, just what we plan on running- 3 5-to-Glocks, 3 Glock 'Ms, and 3 (4 if needed) plate racks.

Sound barriers allowed us to run all three arrays at the same time and we have a vision barrier to keep you from shooting onto the other arrays.

In case it is hot, we have huge "swamp cooler" fans and lots of shade.

There should be a few vendors there, including someone selling ammo, and the Sheriff Posse should be cooking the food. Door prizes will be drawn throughout the day and I believe there will be a pair of Glock certificates raffles off during the weekend.

The range should also be freshly painted and cleaned so as to put ont he pretty face. Come enjoy.

emtjr928
10-14-2012, 16:17
Sounds like a great set-up. Really looking forward to getting there and enjoying some "Mobile Hospitality". Thank you for all you guys have done to prepare.

GlennM1911
10-14-2012, 16:45
Due to limited funds, Larry and I can only RO on Sunday. If you still need us. We'll be there 0900 either way.

Glenn Miller and Larry Ulmer

mD5
10-14-2012, 18:10
I'll be there...I just need to buy some ammo.....

BamaTrooper
10-14-2012, 18:58
I'll be there...I just need to buy some ammo.....

We should have a vendor on site and there are several WalMarts nearby.:wavey:

BamaTrooper
10-14-2012, 19:01
Due to limited funds, Larry and I can only RO on Sunday. If you still need us. We'll be there 0900 either way.

Glenn Miller and Larry Ulmer

Ask around for me and we should be able to put you someplace working a score sheet if needed. Make sure you concentrate on your shooting first, helping later.

Hopefully ALL of available ROs will get a chance to shoot on Friday and thereby be ready to run the match on Sat-Sun and let the shooters worry about shooting.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the repeated squadding instructions are being retained by the ROs.

BamaTrooper
10-17-2012, 09:59
First time match and we have 177 preregistered entries. We could break 300-350 if we get lucky.

emtjr928
10-17-2012, 10:36
Looks like I may bring a new shooter with me to join, shoot and get some RO training.

BamaTrooper
10-17-2012, 10:40
The more the merrier.:supergrin:

You planning on being here Friday to shoot and go to dinner? Make sure we get your friend signed up to help RO.

emtjr928
10-17-2012, 11:16
Yes, ETA by noon your time!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

BamaTrooper
10-17-2012, 11:29
This address should get you close if using GPS

12251 Tanner Williams Rd Mobile AL 36608

The range is on the south side of the dam. Once you get on the start of the dam, there is a chain link fence, keep coming west until you see the gate (highly visible) and the signs. There may be a traffic officer but I am not sure.

SARDG
10-17-2012, 12:09
First time match and we have 177 preregistered entries. We could break 300-350 if we get lucky.
Centrally located, decent climate, and a nice range and facilities with BAMATROOPER on top of things. This match should climb in attendance in future years too.

BamaTrooper
10-17-2012, 13:38
Centrally located, decent climate, and a nice range and facilities with BAMATROOPER on top of things. This match should climb in attendance in future years too.

I appreciate the compliment and the vote of confidence, but this was the planning portion and the range was already here. what will make this successful is good ROs.

Looks like we will have 4 GSSF personnel to help on our innaugural match and I couldn't ask for better weather.:supergrin:

ede
10-17-2012, 16:55
I begged and begged and Bama finially agreed to allow a few photos and autographs with his many loyal fans.

BamaTrooper
10-17-2012, 21:27
I begged and begged and Bama finially agreed to allow a few photos and autographs with his many loyal fans.

I don't even have a gable from which to agree:tongueout:.

BamaTrooper
10-18-2012, 15:12
Malladus coming in from the west on I 20, SARDG coming from the east on I 10, Roadkill751 from the North on I 65; by God it might be the perfect storm:tongueout:

James5m
10-18-2012, 16:31
Malladus coming in from the west on I 20, SARDG coming from the east on I 10, Roadkill751 from the North on I 65; by God it might be the perfect storm:tongueout:

as long as you tell your co-workers to look the other way when we hit the border:whistling:

emtjr928
10-18-2012, 17:38
as long as you tell your co-workers to look the other way when we hit the border:whistling:

I wonder if Jedi mind tricks work on Bama State Troopers?
"Pay no attention to the Grand Marquis. These are not the shooters you are looking for."

:cop::quiet:

BamaTrooper
10-18-2012, 22:32
OK, last post here...from now on it will be the Mobile debriefing thread.

ROs coming to the range on Friday can get there between 12 and 1. Eat before you come and hopefully we will start shooting immediately following the RO briefing.

we should have light to shoot until a little after 6:30 if need be and we might let the people shooting 1 or 2 entries go 1st so they can start ROing the rest of the ROs.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Last I heard, we were at 189 preregistered shooters. I would love to break 300, so come early and shoot often.

Scooter921
10-26-2012, 08:41
be there me and gearjammer getting in friday shoot saturday

BamaTrooper
10-26-2012, 08:43
be there me and gearjammer getting in friday shoot saturday

Was this meant for the Lexington thread or was there justa serious delay in submission and posting? :faint: