good general purpose FMJ [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : good general purpose FMJ

Bravo30
05-07-2012, 10:36
anybody use the 40 cal/10mm TMJ from Speer? .......im looking to re-load a good general purpose FMJ something that can penetrate barriers/urban environment etc etc while feeding reliably. as of now I have a G20 with factory 6'' barrel an 22lb spring. i wont be doing any target shooting just stocking a pile of high power ''go to'' ammo just in case some **** goes down for lack of a better term

_The_Shadow
05-07-2012, 13:23
They would work, I cast my own bullets for the same reason...Just in case!

KenMac
05-07-2012, 16:51
I would think you'd want to do some target shooting. I should do more than I do, but try to stay comfortable with my weapons. Did you mean that you'll target shoot other rounds?

Bravo30
05-07-2012, 18:18
I would think you'd want to do some target shooting. I should do more than I do, but try to stay comfortable with my weapons. Did you mean that you'll target shoot other rounds?

yes, ill target shoot with other rounds as well as a few of what ever I decide to stock up to get familiar an evaluate reliability an such........I just meant that im not lookin to load a FMJ to target shoot with. i can buy those off the shelf or whip up some berrys real quick for plinking

gofastman
05-07-2012, 23:27
Speer TMJ's are superlative FMJ bullets.
They are very tough, and would be the choice for a self defense FMJ, if there is such a thing...
Hornady FMJ's are good too, but Im not sure if that is a TMJ bullet or if it has an exposed base.
Montana Gold offers a TMJ brass jacketed bullet, but I have no idea how strong the core/jacket bond is