North Carolina voters ban gay marriage, civil unions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina voters ban gay marriage, civil unions

DOC44
05-08-2012, 22:57
What do you know Joe?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/north-carolina-voters-banned-gay-marriage-civil-unions-011158194.html

Doc44

juggy4711
05-08-2012, 23:25
Glad to see the NC voters have their priorities straight.

Alizard
05-09-2012, 00:55
While they're on a roll, they should vote to outlaw sodomy and all those other perversions so they can not only keep gays from marrying, they can throw them in jail again like the good old days.

EDIT TO ADD:

OOOPS! No need to hold an election.... looks like they already have the law on the books. Book 'em, dano.....

http://www.sodomy.org/laws/northcarolina/

camelotkid
05-09-2012, 04:28
While they're on a roll, they should vote to outlaw sodomy and all those other perversions so they can not only keep gays from marrying, they can throw them in jail again like the good old days.

EDIT TO ADD:

OOOPS! No need to hold an election.... looks like they already have the law on the books. Book 'em, dano.....

The only preversions are the so called christians that think they have the right to hate people in the name of God. Let some one try to arrest me for sodomy. I'll laugh all the way to the bank after the huge lawsuit. :wavey:

automatic slim
05-09-2012, 05:50
You know, I didn't even care about this until yesterday when I got on Facebook. I read so many lies spouted off by the lefties regarding this amendment, that I got up off the couch and voted for it. When you have to spread lies to prove your point, plus when it's an obvious left wing agenda, I will do what I can to fight it.

Of course, the violent rhetoric and name calling has ALL come from the left on this issue. I've been called a "bigot", and a "racist" by people who know me, and certainly know better. It's like they have no control over their emotions. Oh well, whatever.

Thanks lefties, for helping me decide wich way to vote.:wavey:

callihan_44
05-09-2012, 06:08
good job NC welcome to the club:cool:

Brucev
05-09-2012, 07:01
The only preversions are the so called christians that think they have the right to hate people in the name of God. Let some one try to arrest me for sodomy. I'll laugh all the way to the bank after the huge lawsuit. :wavey:

Why don''t you man up, bend over and have fun. Then... report yourself to the local police and let the legal system do what the legal system does. As to damages, go right ahead and try. If you are lucky, the little man in the robe will be a close homo and rule in your favor. Or, he'll be a close homo who will rule against you so as not to draw any attention to himself. Or, he'll be a normal man who will apply the law and let you deal with the consequences. You've got a one out of three chance. Roll the dice.

JFrame
05-09-2012, 07:39
You know, I didn't even care about this until yesterday when I got on Facebook. I read so many lies spouted off by the lefties regarding this amendment, that I got up off the couch and voted for it. When you have to spread lies to prove your point, plus when it's an obvious left wing agenda, I will do what I can to fight it.

Of course, the violent rhetoric and name calling has ALL come from the left on this issue. I've been called a "bigot", and a "racist" by people who know me, and certainly know better. It's like they have no control over their emotions. Oh well, whatever.

Thanks lefties, for helping me decide wich way to vote.:wavey:

Leftists tend to have that effect on me also... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

MZBKA
05-09-2012, 08:14
Too bad. I see no reason for the government to be involved in marriage.

MZBKA
05-09-2012, 08:15

EDIT TO ADD:

I hope you're joking.

kirgi08
05-09-2012, 08:25
I live in Asheville NC,the San Francisco of the west coast.Per capita we have more folk here with an alternative lifestyle than Cali.As ta the "vote",I voted agin it.We had a "riot" here in Asheville,around 200 +/- were involved.APD sent 15 cars ta "watch the "folk" rioting and it kinda went away,they weren't gonna allow it ta get outta hand.'08.

smokin762
05-09-2012, 08:37
I don’t like big government and I want more freedom, not less. However, this was put to a vote and the majority voted for what they wanted. This is how it is supposed to work.

Those that are not happy with the turn out of this vote always have the option of relocating to a place that does cater to their beliefs. It’s a big country and planet.

G22Dude
05-09-2012, 08:46

Typical leftist spin, if you take a stand on a position you must be hate filled

snerd
05-09-2012, 08:56

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/haters-gonna-hate-unicorn-bike.jpg

camelotkid
05-09-2012, 09:30
I donít like big government and I want more freedom, not less. However, this was put to a vote and the majority voted for what they wanted. This is how it is supposed to work.

Those that are not happy with the turn out of this vote always have the option of relocating to a place that does cater to their beliefs. Itís a big country and planet.
governments job is to protect the minorites from the tyranny of the majority. It is never ok to put a group of peoples rights up for popular vote.

camelotkid
05-09-2012, 09:31
Why don''t you man up, bend over and have fun. Then... report yourself to the local police and let the legal system do what the legal system does. As to damages, go right ahead and try. If you are lucky, the little man in the robe will be a close homo and rule in your favor. Or, he'll be a close homo who will rule against you so as not to draw any attention to himself. Or, he'll be a normal man who will apply the law and let you deal with the consequences. You've got a one out of three chance. Roll the dice.
I'm more of a man than you will ever be :wavey:

camelotkid
05-09-2012, 09:32
standing on the wrong side of civil rights requires hate every time

whoflungdo
05-09-2012, 09:34
governments job is to protect the minorites from the tyranny of the majority. It is never ok to put a group of peoples rights up for popular vote.

What "right" was put up for a vote?

camelotkid
05-09-2012, 09:36
What "right" was put up for a vote?
marriage is a right where you want to agree or not, putting hate in a states constitution is just wrong.

whoflungdo
05-09-2012, 09:39
marriage is a right where you want to agree or not, putting hate in a states constitution is just wrong.

Gotcha... You don't want to debate or discuss. You just want to throw out your opinion as fact. When that doesn't work you play the "hate" card...

camelotkid
05-09-2012, 09:45
Gotcha... You don't want to debate or discuss. You just want to throw out your opinion as fact. When that doesn't work you play the "hate" card...
yep exactly because there is nothing to discuss, thanks for seeing the light :wavey:

whoflungdo
05-09-2012, 09:48
yep exactly because there is nothing to discuss, thanks for seeing the light :wavey:
:rofl:

When it comes to you, your "light" and "truth" is obvious to see.. :wavey:

ChuteTheMall
05-09-2012, 10:21
Most states specifically ban this so-called homosexual marraige, because a marraige is an arrangement between a husband and a wife.

It's not really complicated, because words mean what they say; and perverting the language for political agendas is not as easy as they wish.:aodnsb:

Go ahead, let the voters vote on it. Anytime, anywhere.
I wish it would be on every ballot in November.

MZBKA
05-09-2012, 10:25
Most states specifically ban this so-called homosexual marraige, because a marraige is an arrangement between a husband and a wife.

It's not really complicated, because words mean what they say; and perverting the language for political agendas is not as easy as they wish.:aodnsb:

Go ahead, let the voters vote on it. Anytime, anywhere.
I wish it would be on every ballot in November.

Polls show that 49% of American approve of gay marriage while 45% oppose it.

whoflungdo
05-09-2012, 10:36

Apparently no so in North Carolina.

snerd
05-09-2012, 10:44
States Rights is a wonderful thing.

creaky
05-09-2012, 10:45

That's correct. Nothing more to discuss. The voters have had their say, NC is number thirty one.

You don't get to do whatever you want, all the time, everywhere.

Homosexuality is still an anomaly.

Paul7
05-09-2012, 10:46
Way to go, NC. Even Elena Kagan said there is no Constitutional right for gays to marry.

Just1More
05-09-2012, 10:53

What poll? The people of North Carolina voted exactly the way Obama says he believes marriage should be, 1 man/1 woman. But somehow they're bigots?

snerd
05-09-2012, 10:55
When the New York Times is spewing hate talk like this, you can rest assured the country is on the right track.

A Trifecta of Intolerance
Tuesday was pretty great for the forces of intolerance. North Carolina voters approved an amendment that makes discrimination an official part of their state constitution. Colorado Republicans stonewalled a vote on permitting same-sex civil unions because it looked like it would pass. And Indianaís Republican primary voters tossed out the venerable Senator Richard Lugar and replaced him with a man who thinks our problem is that we have too much bipartisanship......

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/a-trifecta-of-intolerance/?src=tp

eracer
05-09-2012, 10:57
Repressed homosexuality leads to homophobia.

You know who you are.

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 11:02

Actually, a leftist spin would be someone who wants more gov't telling us what to do.

So if you're advocating more gov't, I'd wager you're one of, and no better than the left.

Conservatism is about limited gov't, not limited gov't when it suits you well.

Hypocrites on GT are funny.

whoflungdo
05-09-2012, 11:06
Repressed homosexuality leads to homophobia.

You know who you are.

Now we know where you spend your time on the Internet when not in Glocktalk...:whistling:

snerd
05-09-2012, 11:07
Now we know where you spend your time on the Internet when not in Glocktalk...:whistling:
:laughabove:

snerd
05-09-2012, 11:09
Homophobia......... a generalizing word thrown out as much as the race card. Doesn't work anymore.

MZBKA
05-09-2012, 11:18
What poll? The people of North Carolina voted exactly the way Obama says he believes marriage should be, 1 man/1 woman. But somehow they're bigots?

Poll was conducted 29 February to 3 March 2012
http://online.wsj.com/documents/wsjnbcpoll-03052012.pdf

I haven't called anybody a bigot.

If ones votes for the government to tell citizens whom they may marry, and then turns around and says he favors small government, I might call him a hypocrite.

G29Reload
05-09-2012, 11:24

EDIT TO ADD:

Actually, if they can just get em off my tv or at least not have em for every third sitcom character with a mandatory minimum of one token per show.

Amazing how 3% of the population can be made to look like 42%, and absolutely normal at that. :upeyes:

Oh right, the trickery of hollywood, shoving its lifestyle on everyone else in the country whether they want it or not.

RC-RAMIE
05-09-2012, 11:26
Actually, if they can just get em off my tv or at least not have em for every third sitcom character with a mandatory minimum of one token per show.

Amazing how 3% of the population can be made to look like 42%, and absolutely normal at that. :upeyes:

Oh right, the trickery of hollywood, shoving its lifestyle on everyone else in the country whether they want it or not.

Turn the channel

eracer
05-09-2012, 11:28
Homophobia......... a generalizing word thrown out as much as the race card. Doesn't work anymore.Well that's a very strange thing to say.

eracer
05-09-2012, 11:29
Now we know where you spend your time on the Internet when not in Glocktalk...:whistling:Other gun forums, where many more homophobes hang out.

mikeflys1
05-09-2012, 11:29
First they came for the blacks and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a black.
Then they came for the Muslims and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Muslim.
Then they banned marriage for the gays and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a gay.
Then they banned marriage for cousins.....and I grabbed my shotgun.

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 11:32
First they came for the blacks and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a black.
Then they came for the Muslims and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Muslim.
Then they banned marriage for the gays and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a gay.
Then they banned marriage for cousins.....and I grabbed my shotgun.

Hey! Where'd half of GT go? And why are all these shotgun shootings on the news? :whistling:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

snerd
05-09-2012, 11:39
Well that's a very strange thing to say.
I probably didn't make clear my stance......... I couldn't care less how anyone wants to live, that's their business. But States have the right to legislate the will of the people. If it gets overturned, so be it. I'm celebrating their successful right to do it.

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 11:40
I probably didn't make clear my stance......... I couldn't care less how anyone wants to live, that's their business. But States have the right to legislate the will of the people. If it gets overturned, so be it. I'm celebrating their successful right to do it.

In a constitutional republic, one's rights are not up for votes.

Why states even recognize ANY marriage is beyond me. I thought we were a REPUBLIC, not a theocracy.

G29Reload
05-09-2012, 11:45
Turn the channel

Wish I could, they're on ALL of them!

G29Reload
05-09-2012, 11:48
Homophobia......... a generalizing word thrown out as much as the race card. Doesn't work anymore.

A phobia would indicate FEAR.

Except, that's not the issue so much as

Disdain.

Two.Different.Things.

RC-RAMIE
05-09-2012, 11:50

Turn the tv off.

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 11:52

That's weird... May I suggest some channels that I watch then?

Maybe like you know, History, Discovery, Nat Geo.

Or would that be too factual for you, and not get you fired up like a good Bill O'rielly children at risk segment on fox news?

Oddly enough, I don't think I've seen glorification in homosexuality on any of these channels I watch. You don't seem like the kind of person that likes those channels, so I'd just stick to country music television, or whatever you watch, and deal with those homosexuals invading your tv. :rofl:

cowboywannabe
05-09-2012, 12:06
doesnt matter, that state carries obama's water too.......

MZBKA
05-09-2012, 12:13
In a constitutional republic, one's rights are not up for votes.

Why states even recognize ANY marriage is beyond me. I thought we were a REPUBLIC, not a theocracy.

I am for gay marriage, but I don't know where you're finding this "right to marry".

I agree that government should stay out of marriage.

MZBKA
05-09-2012, 12:16
A phobia would indicate FEAR.

Except, that's not the issue so much as

Disdain.

Two.Different.Things.

You have disdain for a certain group of people. You therefore think those people shouldn't be allowed on TV.

You, sir, are in the wrong country. Pack your bags for Iran or Saudi Arabia. Last time Iran's president was here, he swore there were no gays there.

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 12:22
I am for gay marriage, but I don't know where you're finding this "right to marry".

I agree that government should stay out of marriage.

By allowing the government to recognize ANY marriage you've just put a nice little touch of Theocracy onto what should be a republic.

As for the "right to marry" Check the 9th amendment to that thing we call the constitution.

Again though, this shouldn't even be an issue to begin with. Gov't has no business butting in the affairs of others who do not affect one's life, liberty, or property.

The only reason why this amendment has any sort of ground to stand on is because gay marriage upsets bible thumpers who live in fairy-tale land, much like their liberal counter-parts who are offended and scared by other things, such as gun-ownership or freedom of speech they don't agree with. Different spectrum, but both utilize gov't to dictate how others live their life. Again, using the gov't to dictate how one lives, simply because they offend, disgust, or scare you is going against liberty and is immoral/hypocritical.

G29Reload
05-09-2012, 12:25
You have disdain for a certain group of people. You therefore think those people shouldn't be allowed on TV.

No, I'm just annoyed at them being portrayed in the wrong light, or as dishonestly, so disproportionately to their actual representation, or their presence constantly being shoved at me as though I have to accept their constant presence.

You, sir, are in the wrong country. Pack your bags for Iran or Saudi Arabia.

You sound like quite the little dicktator, ordering people about and deporting them willy nilly as though you owned a concentration camp. I think I shall remain here where I was born. I'd certainly never cave to deviancy.

Bluestreakfl
05-09-2012, 12:28
By allowing the government to recognize ANY marriage you've just put a nice little touch of Theocracy onto what should be a republic.

As for the "right to marry" Check the 9th amendment to that thing we call the constitution.

Again though, this shouldn't even be an issue to begin with. Gov't has no business butting in the affairs of others who do not affect one's life, liberty, or property.

The only reason why this amendment has any sort of ground to stand on is because gay marriage upsets bible thumpers who live in fairy-tale land, much like their liberal counter-parts who are offended and scared by other things, such as gun-ownership or freedom of speech they don't agree with. Different spectrum, but both utilize gov't to dictate how others live their life. Again, using the gov't to dictate how one lives, simply because they offend, disgust, or scare you is going against liberty and is immoral/hypocritical.

This^

Sent from my phone booth

automatic slim
05-09-2012, 12:30
Here's a good one.
http://mx1.bluenc.com/10-factual-reasons-vote-against-amendment-one

It seems to me that this little gem of propaganda was written by somebody who's knowledge of law comes from daytime court shows, maybe Law and Order SUV. Nobody has given me any good logical proof on any of these "reasons".

Go ahead. I'm listening. Seriously!

PS. Be sure to check the right-hand side of this page for more entertainment.:wavey:

Mrs. Tink
05-09-2012, 12:38

EDIT TO ADD:

I'm at work enjoying a nice lunch so I'm not going to click on a link for a sodomy website and disrupt two good things here. But do keep in mind that all laws banning sodomy were struck down in Lawrence v. Texas. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v._Texas) So "the legal system" will do nothing at all to consensual adults acting in private.

eracer
05-09-2012, 12:45
I probably didn't make clear my stance......... I couldn't care less how anyone wants to live, that's their business. But States have the right to legislate the will of the people. If it gets overturned, so be it. I'm celebrating their successful right to do it.Perhaps we should call the fine folks in North Carolina who voted for sexual discrimination 'Liberty-Phobes' instead of 'homophobes.' That would probably be more accurate anyway.

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 12:46
No, I'm just annoyed at them being portrayed in the wrong light, or as dishonestly, so disproportionately to their actual representation, or their presence constantly being shoved at me as though I have to accept their constant presence.

So how do you think gays should be portrayed in media?

Since you've had more experience with gays than anyone else on this board, how are they really like?.... Inquiring minds would like to know!

callihan_44
05-09-2012, 12:53

You, sir, are in the wrong country. Pack your bags for Iran or Saudi Arabia. Last time Iran's president was here, he swore there were no gays there.

I have the same disdain for pedophiles, I dont accept sick perversion in any form!

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 12:57
I have the same disdain for pedophiles, I dont accept sick perversion in any form!

Are you trying to compare two (or more) consenting adults in private, with someone who's sexual perversions carry a victim IE the child, such as a pedophile? :upeyes::rofl:

I'd call you an idiot, but that'd be against glocktalk TOS. :rofl:

callihan_44
05-09-2012, 13:02
Are you trying to compare two (or more) consenting adults in private, with someone who's sexual perversions carry a victim IE the child, such as a pedophile? :upeyes::rofl:

I'd call you an idiot, but that'd be against glocktalk TOS. :rofl:

I find it sickening and dont give a damn what you think, is it ok if I have an opinion? hmmm pretty please?

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 13:06
I find it sickening and dont give a damn what you think, is it ok if I have an opinion? hmmm pretty please?

Yea, it's ok if you have an opinion. I'll just shoot holes in it with logic. :rofl:

You find it sickening, so you feel it should be regulated by the gov't?

Liberals find our guns with big magazines scary, should we limit those by gov't force too? :upeyes:

If it's one right we DON'T have in a free society, it's the right NOT to be offended.

Phaze5ive
05-09-2012, 13:14
NC has the 5th highest unemployment rate in the nation. One would think that they'd have more important issues to attend to than legislating morality.

callihan_44
05-09-2012, 13:28
Yea, it's ok if you have an opinion. I'll just shoot holes in it with logic. :rofl:

You find it sickening, so you feel it should be regulated by the gov't?

Liberals find our guns with big magazines scary, should we limit those by gov't force too? :upeyes:

If it's one right we DON'T have in a free society, it's the right NOT to be offended.

This has nothing to do with being offended, the people dont accept gay marriage in how many states now? You can advocate the gay lifestyle all u want i will not. The gov tells us lots things we cant do already so do we toss that aside now to please u?

Alizard
05-09-2012, 13:32
good job NC welcome to the club:cool:

The one that wears sheets with eye holes.....

maxsnafu
05-09-2012, 13:33

...and the popular vote shows the exact opposite.

Lethaltxn
05-09-2012, 13:34

Ahhhh, a lib brings up racism. Nothing to see here folks.

callihan_44
05-09-2012, 13:39

:rofl: wow u must have put alot into that comment, its a shame thats all ur feeble brain can produce

Lethaltxn
05-09-2012, 13:42
:rofl: wow u must have put alot into that comment, its a shame thats all ur feeble brain can produce

You think that's funny, you should head over to the bailout thread where he states the auto industry needed our money to stay afloat in order to declare bankruptcy. Even though they stated, along with several others, they needed it to stave off declaring bankruptcy.

Lib logic. :rofl:

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 13:43
This has nothing to do with being offended, the people dont accept gay marriage in how many states now? You can advocate the gay lifestyle all u want i will not. The gov tells us lots things we cant do already so do we toss that aside now to please u?

That doesn't make the gov't moral/correct when they deny us any RIGHT.

If the majority voted on a gun ban, or better yet, to make marriage only between SAME SEX couples, would you be ok with that if the majority voted for such?

I'd hope you wouldn't, because there are rights provided by the BOR and constitution that SHOULD NOT and cannot be taken away.

OctoberRust
05-09-2012, 13:45

Not condoning his post, but at the same time, keep in mind you're the guy that cried "can't I have an opinion :crying:" After I schooled you with a little logic.

callihan_44
05-09-2012, 14:08
Not condoning his post, but at the same time, keep in mind you're the guy that cried "can't I have an opinion :crying:" After I schooled you with a little logic.

I didnt realize the klan had enough power to influence 30+ states against gay marriage....care to show some facts on this? And your going to have to give back your participation trophy if you think yo:rofl:u schooled anyone :rofl:

G29Reload
05-09-2012, 14:09
So how do you think gays should be portrayed in media?

Much LESS.

Since you've had more experience with gays than anyone else on this board, how are they really like?....

Actually, I don't, which is why I was going to ask you.