Warning! Another super serious Shield problem! Must read! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Another super serious Shield problem! Must read!

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
05-09-2012, 10:41
Ok, I've had my new M&P S&W Shield for almost 2 weeks now. It shoots fine... But....

With all the out of battery problems, and other issues being reported. I shot it again today... And, I discovered a serious problem with the gun and wanted to warn everyone...

Beware! When standing on the shooting range this morning, I discovered something horrible...

If I close both or my eyes while holding the Shield in a shooting position, I cannot see the target. However, if I grab one of my Beretta 92s and just barely peak at the target with one eye, then I can see enough of the target to fire the gun with accuracy.

BUT, when I hold the Shield again and close both eyes completely, I just can't see a darn thing.

I will attempt to make a you tube video of this as soon as I can, because I find it to be a serious flaw with this gun. I've also contacted S&W directly. They have issued a call tag for my weapon, and it's being sent off today with overnight shipping. They are extremely panicked and they want to have the gun in their hands as soon as possible.

I don't want to take any chances, so I've decided to let the professionals take a look at the gun to see if this can be replicated at S&W headquarters!.

I will be posting this warning on EVERY gun forum I am a member of, in order to get the word out to everyone. Owners of Kahr firearms who inexplicably hate the new Shield will also receive a certified copy of my warning through registered mail sent through the US Postal Service! I don't want to miss anyone.

I am just SO, SO glad I discovered this flaw in the Shield before I needed to use my weapon in a self defense situation.

You have been warned!

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
05-09-2012, 10:45
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Smiley/icon_cowbell.gif

itstime
05-09-2012, 10:50
That's pretty good there.

Bookem699
05-09-2012, 10:50
LOL yea you got me with the headline. and you gave me a much needed laugh while i'm at work. thanks :rofl:

concretefuzzynuts
05-09-2012, 10:57
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Smiley/icon_cowbell.gif

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/thumb_more_cowbell.gif

faawrenchbndr
05-09-2012, 11:04
Holy crap! We NEED a recall of all the Shields!
Open Carry can NOT fix this!

countrygun
05-09-2012, 11:06
With this cause problems getting the Sheild "OK'ed" in California?

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
05-09-2012, 11:21
Man, I am getting seriously upset here!

When I got home, I discovered another problem!!!

When I turn my Sony LCD tv on, if I put my fingers in my ear, I can't hear a damn thing. But if I turn my Samsung LCD tv on in my bedroom and I sit down, I can hear everything just fine.

I'm going call the company. There is no excuse for this shoddy workmanship....

concretefuzzynuts
05-09-2012, 11:29
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/BraviaTV.jpg

Nakanokalronin
05-09-2012, 11:30
Never owned or considered a Kahr, but I did put my name on a waiting list for the Shield. I went over to whatever Kahr forum Google brought up and didn't see any bashing threads. I'm sure they're somewhere since nobody likes competition when it comes to their favorite gun.

I'm kind of surprised how the Shield out of battery thread went over at the S&W forum. I look at it as a non-issue but am curious if S&W says different.

My biggest issue with the Shield is I don't have one yet. I guess the full size M&P 9 I'm picking up tomorrow will have to hold me over for awhile. :whistling:

BTW, did you hear about the M&P issue that if you only put the very tip of your nail on the top of the trigger, it won't fire? :shocked:

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
05-09-2012, 12:08
BTW, did you hear about the M&P issue that if you only put the very tip of your nail on the top of the trigger, it won't fire? :shocked:

Yes, and that's another thing that irks me. I'll be dealing with that after the gun comes back for the first issue :tongueout:

As for the Kahr forum - there is one thread about the Shield. Some of the posts there are just ridiculous. I had one of my posts deleted ton the thread too. So, I give up there.

Dan Glock
05-09-2012, 12:10
LMFAO!! Good stuff!

My Shield 100% Reliable.

Spiffums
05-09-2012, 12:40
This is will only get worse! Just look at the people who flocked to the Avenger movie and paid in total of $200 million to see the movie that was inspired by this gun!

bigchuck83
05-09-2012, 12:57
maybe the Shield isn't faulty but one of your Beretta's is. please send aforementioned Beretta 92 to me for safety testing. Also if i close my eyes i cannot hit the target with a springfield XD9 subcompact. guess faulty guns and ammunition are everywhere.

TSAX
05-09-2012, 13:02
:rofl:

:50cal:

oldnoob
05-09-2012, 13:44
WTH??? I just discover the same issue with my trusted Glocks and Sigs. I should of get a Taurus.

Scott3670
05-09-2012, 14:00
Well, after thinking about this matter for a long time and with the assistance my my friends at the Psychic Network I have come to the solution for all of your troubles. And you'll be amazed at the simplicity of my solution.

To anyone who is experiencing this problem (cannot see the target when your eyes are closed), rather than ship you gun back to its manufacturer you can just send it to me and I will gladly send you not one but two nice new $100 bills. No, there is no need for mass-applause here, I'm just trying to do what I feel is my civic duty.

So... any takers?

:tongueout:

doc540
05-09-2012, 14:03
Uh oh....when I put a Shield in my pocket I can see it.

But when I put my Kahr CM9 in the same pocket I can't see it!!

Nakanokalronin
05-09-2012, 14:17
Uh oh....when I put a Shield on my pocket I can see it.

But when I put my Kahr CM9 in the same pocket I can't see it!!

That's because Kahr was brilliantly made to fit in the Zippo lighter pocket on jeans while the Shield can only be worn over the should with a sling, Duh! :faint:

countrygun
05-09-2012, 14:18
It is just another case of the designers not taking the needs of the shooter in to account and not considering the possible situations the shooter might encounter. For instance, how many have taken the time to make sure their guns function fully when fired inside a 5 gallon bucket of "Jello " brand Chocolate pudding? Anybody can get their gun to fire in the Vanilla, but that Chocolate is more likely to be encountered and has a different viscosity. Someday they will have to recall these "beta" models for proper upgrades.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
05-09-2012, 14:26
Okay, I have ANOTHER serious problem now... I was at the Fed Ex place - ready to ship the Shield out.

But, I can't get their front door (at Fed Ex) to open when I push on it. It only opens when I pull on it instead. I kept pushing and pushing... I gave up and went home.... :crazy::crazy:

GlockFish
05-09-2012, 14:27
Cool story, bro.

raven11
05-09-2012, 14:30
:rofl:

Rodman24
05-09-2012, 14:37
S-T-S

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's nothing wrong with the Shield. The Shield requires the use of higher cognitive processing centers of the brain, which as you know provides activation of the "mind's eye". It is the "mind's eye" that must be used for aiming the Shield.

You guys need to do a better job researching the new breed of weapons before you run off and waste your money.

fiasconva
05-09-2012, 14:39
Wow! I tried that with one of my new guns and had the same result. I was going to return it to the LGS but when I got in my car I tried it again. I couldn't see where I was freakin' going! That must be some kind of magical, contagious disorder that we didn't know about.:whistling:

Metal Angel
05-09-2012, 14:48
My Glock 19 doesn't seem to have this problem. I was at the range yesterday and it seems that I get the same percentage of shots on target with my eyes open as when they are closed.

joecoastie
05-09-2012, 14:54
I was shocked when I found out that the Shield will not fire without a round in the chamber! What kind of crap is S&W trying to push these days?

countrygun
05-09-2012, 14:59
I was shocked when I found out that the Shield will not fire without a round in the chamber! What kind of crap is S&W trying to push these days?

Jeeze, whats next? is it going to be so ammo sensitive that it will require a specific caliber of ammo?

3rdgen40
05-09-2012, 16:04
This thread made me LOL..........:rofl:

jaxxx
05-09-2012, 16:25
Lame , too much time in your hands

Cole125
05-09-2012, 16:34
Dude, sounds like a problem with you NOT the gun.

:dunno:

Cole125
05-09-2012, 16:35
Who cares Shields suck anyways, PM9s are better. :tongueout:

countrygun
05-09-2012, 17:03
Dude, sounds like a problem with you NOT the gun.

:dunno:

Amazing, a fellow shooter goes to the trouble to alert the rest of us to an obvious design defficiency and someone comes along and tries to put the blame on the shooter.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
05-09-2012, 17:17
Amazing, a fellow shooter goes to the trouble to alert the rest of us to an obvious design defficiency and someone comes along and tries to put the blame on the shooter.

Yes, I know. Can you believe that nonsense?

rgregoryb
05-09-2012, 19:37
WELL, I had to actually take my Shield out of the box AND load it before it would WORK !

piece o' crap......................