TEA Party Waning [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TEA Party Waning

snerd
05-09-2012, 10:51
Oh, wait...........

Tea Party Patriots: A $12.2 Million Haul
Sen. Richard Lugar, who lost his primary fight in Indiana Tuesday (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304363104577392022579589562.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond), doesnít need any reminders of the tea party movementís ongoing appeal. But for those who do, another one surfaced recently in the tax return of the tea party movementís biggest umbrella organization.

The Woodstock, Ga.-based Tea Party Patriots reported raising $12.2 million for the year ended May 31, 2011. That vaults them into the ranks of some of the most successful conservative activist groups, including FreedomWorks, the Club for Growth and Americans for Tax Reform........

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/05/09/tea-party-patriots-a-12-2-million-haul/

GWSHARK
05-09-2012, 11:26
Only one data point? Find the amount they raise through the end of this month and then you will be able to better tell if they are waning or not.

snerd
05-09-2012, 11:27
Only one data point? Find the amount they raise through the end of this month and then you will be able to better tell if they are waning or not.
I think I will let November be the data point you need. :wavey:

GWSHARK
05-09-2012, 11:32
Who you gonna run? :tongueout: :rofl: :wavey: :cool:

snerd
05-09-2012, 12:17
Generally speaking, this will be the overall picture I think. You guess which party the big dog represents. :wavey:

http://photofind.com/wp-content/origin/2010_08/Giant-Dogs.jpg

GWSHARK
05-09-2012, 12:26
So are you more or less confident then you were last go-round?

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=213347&stc=1&d=1144777858

:wavey:

The Maggy
05-09-2012, 12:38
the Tea Party was a nice idea while it lasted.

callihan_44
05-09-2012, 12:47
the Tea Party was a nice idea while it lasted.

we're still here folks, and we are more likely to vote than the average person unlike the hopey changey crowd fawning over obama 4 yrs ago

series1811
05-09-2012, 13:15
We'll know the Tea Party is on the wane when the liberals here and everywhere else quit being afraid of it.

Obviously, we are not there, yet.

aircarver
05-09-2012, 13:39
We'll know the Tea Party is on the wane when the liberals here and everywhere else quit being afraid of it.

Dead center, as usual ! :thumbsup:

snerd
05-09-2012, 13:40

Yep, for being such a long-forgotten group of white racists, they sure are mentioned quite frequently by the haters.

The Maggy
05-09-2012, 13:43
we're still here folks, and we are more likely to vote than the average person unlike the hopey changey crowd fawning over obama 4 yrs ago

Such a driving force it has been this cycle, was Romney the tea party's chosen man?

Or could it be that the tea party doesn't actually hold the power it believes itself to have?

snerd
05-09-2012, 13:47
Such a driving force it has been this cycle, was Romney the tea party's chosen man?

Or could it be that the tea party doesn't actually hold the power it believes itself to have?
No, it doesn't have much sway with the RNC, that's for sure. Just look at Boehner and McConnel! We're busy winning smaller battles while looking forward to some big ones that will bring us closer to victory. There's more than one way to fight a war.

Less taxes, smaller government. Anything more is not the TEA Party.

aspartz
05-09-2012, 13:54
Less taxes, smaller government. Anything more is not the TEA Party.
Exactly. Bachmann and Palin do not stand for the above. Santorum and Perry were the opposite!
Things that are not smaller government:

DOMA
The PATRIOT act
Forcing creationism into schools
The War on Drugs

The list goes on and on...

ARS

DOC44
05-09-2012, 14:17
The Tea Party puts one old RINO out to pasture and suddenly we have DU liberals inside the wire.

Doc44

snerd
05-09-2012, 14:18
Ditto. So many have forgotten what the tea stands for.............

Taxed Enough Already - T.E.A. Party

Less taxes, smaller government.

series1811
05-09-2012, 16:13
The Tea Party puts one old RINO out to pasture and suddenly we have DU liberals inside the wire.

Doc44

They know who they are coming after next. :)

callihan_44
05-09-2012, 16:16

no romney was not, however there is alot of focus on changing congress...a couple of t-party wins here and there will eventually bring about some changes. The go along to get along repubs better what their back.

aircarver
05-09-2012, 19:09

Doc44

WE have Claymores ....

QNman
05-09-2012, 19:16

We are fighting a thousand small fights, where each victory is a small but vital step. We're not national - yet.

PS - we are not Republicans.

Exactly. Bachmann and Palin do not stand for the above. Santorum and Perry were the opposite!
Things that are not smaller government:

DOMA
The PATRIOT act
Forcing creationism into schools
The War on Drugs

The list goes on and on...

ARS

Damn right. :thumbsup:

juggy4711
05-09-2012, 20:30

It never did. It was a minority of conservatives willing to sacrifice for the future of the nation. It perhaps could have been more, then it went back to work. Supporting the family takes precedence. In order to support the family one supports the system involuntarily. The system is stacked.

There will be no reverse in course. The truth is to actually "fix" anything would require far too many folks to sacrifice things they earned fair and square, in the belief the system could provide it. How many are truly willing to give up their pensions, social security, union benefits, health insurance etc...? How many corporations could survive without government being the largest consumer in the country? No system is perfect of course and the Founders new that. It has always been just a matter of time.

Certainly there are those that will accuse me of having given up because I hold that view. I would argue that I have not. Other wise I would just vote R over D or D over R, so at least I could claim my team won. I understand the sentiment but at this point, it's all we will be able to cling to and while it may make some temporal difference the end result will be the same.

Alizard
05-09-2012, 23:32
I think I will let November be the data point you need. :wavey:Sure will.

W420Hunter
05-10-2012, 06:28
george carville had it right. Its way to early to count anything out in this election. With the huge amount of money the tea party groups are pulling in, in one case 25 million they will be a force. The left is lost and hubris, so convinced they will win they see nothing els. This is not 4 years ago. College kids are not fawning over the one. Case in point Obama not being able to fill his last rally at OSU. The tea party is far more organized then most admit. Those two things point out to a very different election. But I will admit they are better at getting people into congress then the white house.

Cavalry Doc
05-10-2012, 06:32

Not Lugard?

There is a trend, and while the tea party is not the dominant power, they've done pretty well for a group that did not exist in 2008. The congress will move to the right because of them, how far remains to be seen. But it will be better to oppose the left, instead of becoming their ally.

aircarver
05-10-2012, 06:36
Prepare for more whining about how the tea party is 'obstructing' their plan for 'utopia' .....:upeyes:

:supergrin:

kirgi08
05-10-2012, 07:47
I ain't gone anywhere.'08.

GAFinch
05-11-2012, 10:35
We are fighting a thousand small fights, where each victory is a small but vital step. We're not national - yet.

PS - we are not Republicans.

If the TEA Party isn't made up of Republicans, then why do they keep getting fiscally conservative Republicans into office? The main focus of the majority of TEA partiers is to reform the Republican Party so it doesn't go to pot and become full-fledged Libertarian (no pun intended :whistling:).

Gundude
05-11-2012, 12:44
If the TEA Party isn't made up of Republicans, then why do they keep getting fiscally conservative Republicans into office? The main focus of the majority of TEA partiers is to reform the Republican Party so it doesn't go to pot and become full-fledged Libertarian (no pun intended :whistling:).If the TEA Party platform begins and ends with low taxes and small government, wouldn't full-fledged Libertarianism be right up their alley?

aspartz
05-11-2012, 13:05
If the TEA Party platform begins and ends with low taxes and small government, wouldn't full-fledged Libertarianism be right up their alley?
Wouldn't the platform of the Constitution Party better reflect the big government fundamentalists who currently dominate the party?

ARS

BORNGEARHEAD
05-12-2012, 07:26
If the tea party were real, they would only vote for Ron Paul.

snerd
05-12-2012, 08:49
They were formed to recruit "Republican" candidates that espoused these two fundamentals. They're still "Republicans" by and large. You want something to excite "your" base, get your arses out and create something for "your" party! It's really quite simple.

That's my take on it, although I'm not much into supporting the Republican party anymore after the last eight years of insanity.

Cavalry Doc
05-12-2012, 09:12

:rofl::rofl:

Gundude
05-12-2012, 10:32
:rofl::rofl:
How 'bout Rand Paul? He's a Tea Party candidate right?

snerd
05-12-2012, 10:58
Hot Steeping Tea
Despite media obituaries (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/02/06/tea-party-is-dead-how-the-movement-fizzled-in-2012-s-gop-primaries.html) proclaiming their demise, the Tea Party is alive and well. And highly energized. Like with Mark Twain, the reports of its death have been greatly exaggerated.

The resounding defeat (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/08/dick-lugar-richard-mourdock-lugar-loses-indiana-republican-senate-primary_n_1501416.html) of Indiana's six-term Senator Richard Lugar (http://lugar.senate.gov/) by primary challenger and Tea Party favorite Richard Mourdock (http://richardmourdock.com/matchdonnelly/?s=1) is proof positive that the Tea Party has not been sleeping.

Just...steeping.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/hot_steeping_tea.html#ixzz1ufwgeAsB

Cavalry Doc
05-12-2012, 11:00

I was laughing at the assumption.

Snowman92D
05-12-2012, 11:01

I think they're real...but they're the "T.E.A." party, not the "herb" party.

hogship
05-12-2012, 11:38
I think they're real...but they're the "T.E.A." party, not the "herb" party.

That was good for a laugh........anything truly funny contains an element of truth.

ooc

Snowman92D
05-12-2012, 12:09
True...and taking time to laugh now and then ain't a bad thing. :supergrin:

GAFinch
05-12-2012, 18:26
If the TEA Party platform begins and ends with low taxes and small government, wouldn't full-fledged Libertarianism be right up their alley?

Norquist had already gotten a majority of Republicans to pledge no new taxes, now a no new spending pledge is getting foisted on the party. You don't have to give up social and foreign policy principles to achieve fiscal conservatism...there are now plenty of candidates who encompass all three. They may not be perfect in each category, but we don't expect some perfect savior figure to instantly fix all our problems like libs tend to do.

aspartz
05-12-2012, 18:39
Norquist had already gotten a majority of Republicans to pledge no new taxes, now a no new spending pledge is getting foisted on the party. You don't have to give up social and foreign policy principles to achieve fiscal conservatism...
There is more to being a fiscal conservative that just lowering taxes. It also involves making the government smaller. If the government gets in involved in moral issues (on either side) the power and cost of the government grows. DOMA is not smaller government. The government deciding what constitutes a marriage in not smaller government. The WarOnSomeDrugs is not smaller government.

there are now plenty of candidates who encompass all three. They may not be perfect in each category, but we don't expect some perfect savior figure to instantly fix all our problems like libs tend to do.I expect my candidate to stand up and say:
The economy is my number one issue. Until we have a healthy recovery, all other issues will take a back burner. Any bills increasing the size or scope of the government will be vetoed immediately.
All bills must have a direct reference to the issuing authority in the COTUS or they too will be vetoed.

ARS

callihan_44
05-12-2012, 18:53

I think RAND has a better shot at becoming president than his dad...

Guss
05-13-2012, 16:20
With all that money to give away, the teabaggers must not have been hurt much by Obama.

snerd
05-13-2012, 17:21
With all that money to give away, the teabaggers must not have been hurt much by Obama.
Do we call you a dildo? Of course not! But that's the connotation you're implying by using the term teabagger. Grow up and take your lumps like a man. The TEA Party is kicking arse and taking names.

certifiedfunds
05-13-2012, 21:44
Do we call you a dildo? Of course not! But that's the connotation you're implying by using the term teabagger. Grow up and take your lumps like a man. The TEA Party is kicking arse and taking names.

Well, to be fair, I do actually call them that.

4TS&W
05-13-2012, 21:50
Well, to be fair, I do actually call them that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! :rofl:

ChuteTheMall
05-13-2012, 21:59
Without the success of the TEA Party movement, Nancy Pelosi would still be Speaker of the House.

A movement is a direction, not an organization, at least in this context.

Taxed Enough Already.

kirgi08
05-14-2012, 07:53
Granted.Easy folks opinions and such.I'm not fond of the field,however,I'd prefer a warder until the party rights itself.'08.

JFrame
05-14-2012, 08:58

Yep...The shift of the U.S. power structure to the left was done, not in one swell foop, but through incremental stages, from Wilson, through FDR, LBJ, Carter, Clinton, and Obama -- and at the state and municipal levels throughout the country, fighting one "tiny" battle at a time against conservatism, the Constitution, and traditional values. It wasn't an avalanche, but a constant drip-drip erosion against a rock.

Clinton was decried by the Left for tacking to the center on taxes (to save his presidency). But he gave them Ruth Bader Ginsburg (conceivably the most leftist SCOTUS judge to that time) and Stephen Breyer, and helped accelerate the housing regulatory time-bomb that led to the 2008 financial collapse under Bush's watch.

We're deluding ourselves if we think that one person, one organization, or one movement is going to make all the difference. The war for America's soul is taking place on more battlefronts than we ever saw in all our military wars put together.

ChuteTheMall
05-14-2012, 09:18
http://i47.tinypic.com/2rr9q4h.gif

ChuteTheMall
05-14-2012, 09:20
T.E.A. for Two

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/144/2012/05/09/111461_600.jpg

snerd
05-14-2012, 10:36
http://i47.tinypic.com/2rr9q4h.gif
Excellent analogy!

G19G20
05-14-2012, 10:54
I'm not sure what to make of the Tea Party these days. It started as part of the 2008 Ron Paul campaign. Then it started picking up those not aligned with Paul but also tired of the taxes, federal encroachment, etc. Then the establishment GOP started co-opting it and creating formal organizations such as FreedomWorks and the Tea Party Patriots referenced in the OP. If you follow these self-appointed "leaders" of the TP then you're following the same GOP policies that led to the creation of the Tea Party movement (big gov't, tax hikes, encroachment on liberties). Generally, if you're supporting trillions of dollars on war spending then you've completely missed why the Tea Party movement started. You can't support spending trillions in overseas adventures then turn around and rail against taxes, spending and debt.

certifiedfunds
05-14-2012, 11:24
I'm not sure what to make of the Tea Party these days. It started as part of the 2008 Ron Paul campaign. Then it started picking up those not aligned with Paul but also tired of the taxes, federal encroachment, etc. Then the establishment GOP started co-opting it and creating formal organizations such as FreedomWorks and the Tea Party Patriots referenced in the OP. If you follow these self-appointed "leaders" of the TP then you're following the same GOP policies that led to the creation of the Tea Party movement (big gov't, tax hikes, encroachment on liberties). Generally, if you're supporting trillions of dollars on war spending then you've completely missed why the Tea Party movement started. You can't support spending trillions in overseas adventures then turn around and rail against taxes, spending and debt.

The real Tea Party doesn't have much infrastructure, or million dollar RV's with graphics plaquered all over them.

QNman
05-14-2012, 17:33
I'm not sure what to make of the Tea Party these days. It started as part of the 2008 Ron Paul campaign. Then it started picking up those not aligned with Paul....

Wow. The worship is strong in this one. :homer:

So you think the Tea Party is an offshoot of Paulbots? Do you really think that, or are you just trolling?

If you do really believe, please offer a citation so that we may learn.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 19:00
Wow. The worship is strong in this one. :homer:

So you think the Tea Party is an offshoot of Paulbots? Do you really think that, or are you just trolling?

If you do really believe, please offer a citation so that we may learn.

Too easy.

The Tea Party Started In 2007 And Ron Paul Is The Godfather - YouTube

Note the date. December 2007. If you can counter this with a citation of the Tea Party(tm) prior to this then you win. I'll wait patiently while you scour every corner of the net. You won't find anything because every other conservative was still firmly supporting bad Bush policies and cheerleading for McCain's more-of-the-same. The Tea Party(tm) only emerged after Obama was elected.

callihan_44
05-14-2012, 19:22
Too easy.

The Tea Party Started In 2007 And Ron Paul Is The Godfather - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bNiDx7qTjA)

Note the date. December 2007. If you can counter this with a citation of the Tea Party(tm) prior to this then you win. I'll wait patiently while you scour every corner of the net. You won't find anything because every other conservative was still firmly supporting bad Bush policies and cheerleading for McCain's more-of-the-same. The Tea Party(tm) only emerged after Obama was elected.

our first tea party that we held was during bush, and it was of mix of conservatives and libertarians

QNman
05-14-2012, 19:30
Too easy.

The Tea Party Started In 2007 And Ron Paul Is The Godfather - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bNiDx7qTjA)

:wow:

Well I'll be dipped in spit.

My apologies. I have been wrong once or twice before - it happens.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 19:56
All good and apology accepted.

QNman
05-14-2012, 20:04
All good and apology accepted.

:cheers:

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 20:20
Too easy.

Ron is old, but he's not that old.

I got you beat by over a century: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party

Gundude
05-14-2012, 23:03
Ron is old, but he's not that old.

I got you beat by over a century: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party
Today's Tea Partiers apply for permits for their protests and they never litter, so I'm sure the similarity in name is just a coincidence...

"Too much government, and once we fill out these forms in triplicate and pay the appropriate fees, abide by all the insurance, security, and cleanup requirements, we'll show you that we won't stand for it"

janice6
05-14-2012, 23:50
I don't talk much about the Tea Party, but I vote and contribute money. We'll see how it goes.

Gundude
05-15-2012, 00:01
Well, the "Tea Party House" of 2010 has the power to legally throw a big wrench into Big Government.

I've been hearing crickets chirping over there for the past year and a half.

You'll understand if the mere substitution of RINOs with alleged Tea Party people doesn't make thrills run up my leg.

chickenwing
05-15-2012, 01:04
In regards to the TEA party the only thing I can hope for right now is in the local and state fights to make government smaller.

On the federal level, with the coming nomination of Mitt, not so much.

Brucev
05-15-2012, 05:25
Re: TP. Astroturf planted by Koch and company. It comes and goes as they deem necessary to protect their interest.

Cavalry Doc
05-15-2012, 05:53
Today's Tea Partiers apply for permits for their protests and they never litter, so I'm sure the similarity in name is just a coincidence...

"Too much government, and once we fill out these forms in triplicate and pay the appropriate fees, abide by all the insurance, security, and cleanup requirements, we'll show you that we won't stand for it"

That was kind of the point. The 2007 Ron Paul rally where they had a reenactment of the tea party, and the current Taxed Enough Already crowd are not the same, nor do they share the same origin.

Ron is the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega, the first and last, and the only path to redemption is through belief in him, for a few at least.

Frustration with our tax system, economy, spending, and the rest of government has many origins. No single person can claim to have started them all.

The Boston Tea party was an act of defiance that we all learned about in school, and schoolhouse rock, so it's easy to identify with when you are frustrated and want to do something about it. The Godfather of the tea party would be the guy that organized the first one, don't you think?

JFrame
05-15-2012, 06:47
:wow:

Well I'll be dipped in spit.

My apologies. I have been wrong once or twice before - it happens.

Hey, Q -- I was questioning the assertion also -- we learn something new every day! :)

We'll note that this is the only time thus far that we have been wrong on this forum... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

I will only add that the first two TEA Party rallies I went to, I had hardly heard of RP...So I guess the movement had expanded beyond the progenitor by that point (which is not a knock on RP).

ChuteTheMall
05-15-2012, 06:54
That was kind of the point. The 2007 Ron Paul rally where they had a reenactment of the tea party, and the current Taxed Enough Already crowd are not the same, nor do they share the same origin.

One was an easily forgettable failed publicity stunt for a minor presidential primary bid, and the other (in 2009) was a huge public reaction against the excesses of Obamaism at the federal level, large enough to spawn a movement.
:elephant:

certifiedfunds
05-15-2012, 07:09
Re: TP. Astroturf planted by Koch and company. It comes and goes as they deem necessary to protect their interest.

Yup. The Koch Brothers and their lawyers are regulars at our local Tea Party meetings. Really nice guys and they always pick up the tab.

Brucev
05-15-2012, 07:45
Yup. The Koch Brothers and their lawyers are regulars at our local Tea Party meetings. Really nice guys and they always pick up the tab.

Doubt the koch bros. have time for such things. It is not likely they pay much attention to the bush league.

beforeobamabans
05-15-2012, 07:48
The evolution of, and now success of, the tea party in Indiana should be instructive for other jurisdictions hoping to elect real advocates of smaller government. In 2010, we learned a very valuable lesson. Instead of shotgunning the electorate with every suitable candidate we could find, focus on one guy, get them organized early, beg borrow or steal national funding from likeminded groups and stay on message. In our senate primary, there was no talk about same-sex marriage, high school bullies, dog abuse, contraceptives or tax returns. Mourdock pounded Lugar unmercifully with: SOTOMAYOR, KAGAN, AWB, bailouts, spending cap votes and earmarks. He showed how far Lugar had strayed from his conservative Hoosier roots and how his voting record no longer reflected our values. We got behind a good candidate who knew how to run an effective campaign. It's too bad the TP is not yet mature enough on the national stage to do the same. Hopefully, it will get there. BTW, we already have radio ads from national organizations painting Mourdock's November opponent (a Dem Congressman trying to step up to the Senate) as Obama's lapdog during the two years they controlled everything. It's a beautiful thing.

QNman
05-15-2012, 07:52
Hey, Q -- I was questioning the assertion also -- we learn something new every day! :)

We'll note that this is the only time thus far that we have been wrong on this forum... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

I will only add that the first two TEA Party rallies I went to, I had hardly heard of RP...So I guess the movement had expanded beyond the progenitor by that point (which is not a knock on RP).

Agreed. First tea party I went to in April 2009 had no mention of specific political candidates. We talked about taxation, bailouts, etc.

Meh - live and learn, eh?

I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken... :supergrin:

QNman
05-15-2012, 09:32
The evolution of, and now success of, the tea party in Indiana should be instructive for other jurisdictions hoping to elect real advocates of smaller government. In 2010, we learned a very valuable lesson. Instead of shotgunning the electorate with every suitable candidate we could find, focus on one guy, get them organized early, beg borrow or steal national funding from likeminded groups and stay on message. In our senate primary, there was no talk about same-sex marriage, high school bullies, dog abuse, contraceptives or tax returns. Mourdock pounded Lugar unmercifully with: SOTOMAYOR, KAGAN, AWB, bailouts, spending cap votes and earmarks. He showed how far Lugar had strayed from his conservative Hoosier roots and how his voting record no longer reflected our values. We got behind a good candidate who knew how to run an effective campaign. It's too bad the TP is not yet mature enough on the national stage to do the same. Hopefully, it will get there. BTW, we already have radio ads from national organizations painting Mourdock's November opponent (a Dem Congressman trying to step up to the Senate) as Obama's lapdog during the two years they controlled everything. It's a beautiful thing.

Yep. That's the TEA party I am familiar with.

JFrame
05-15-2012, 09:33

You too...? :dunno:

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/big/Viannen_loungelizard.gif

kirgi08
05-15-2012, 10:05
J, I is bein nice.'08. :tease:

The Tea party ain't waning,it's regrouping.

I've said it before,Obama.......... The next cycle,is the key.Jindal/West.I believe Rubio is Romneys VP nominee.'08.

beforeobamabans
05-15-2012, 11:21
I believe Rubio is Romneys VP nominee.'08.
It's about time for THAT thread, isn't it?

brickboy240
05-15-2012, 11:43
Big media, the left and the RNC probably wished the movement was dead, but it certainly is not.

Of course Romney being the GOP nominee does not mean the Tea Party is dead. The RNC heads are not real conservatives and never liked the whole movement. They dwell on how the Tea Party cost them the races in NV and DE but forget the huge gains in so many other areas in 2010.

No doubt, the Congressional races in 2012 will again be affected greatly by the Tea Party choices and movement.

Time will tell...but I bet there will be many more Dick Lugars on their way out in 2012.

- brickboy240

G19G20
05-15-2012, 16:39
It's important than the true history of the modern Tea Party movement remains intact. Of course Ive slimmed it down for easy consumption in my earlier posts but my account is accurate as I watched it from the start evolve into what it is today.

The question is what the Tea Party will become in the future. Currently it just looks like a bunch of Bush supporters that wanted to rebrand themselves after the embarrassing loss to Obama and the GOP establishment was quick to co-opt it and use it as a vehicle to usher much of the rank-and-file back under the establishment umbrella. Do remember that very few people wanted to call themselves "Republicans" after Bush. The media was busy talking about how the GOP was fractured after Obama's win. The Tea Party(tm) ended up being the vehicle for the GOP to bring all the discouraged rank-and-file back in line after Obama's election. That's where it currently stands.

What happens if/when Romney wins and continues the same policies as Bush and Obama? Will the Tea Party(tm) rise up in opposition or will it assimilate once again, not learn from past lessons, and dissolve into nothing? How many calling themselves Tea Party are lining up to vote for Romney? Seems few really learned anything from the Tea Party but we'll see.

Cavalry Doc
05-15-2012, 17:53

I get that a lot. :cool:

Cavalry Doc
05-15-2012, 18:02
It's important than the true history of the modern Tea Party movement remains intact. Of course Ive slimmed it down for easy consumption in my earlier posts but my account is accurate as I watched it from the start evolve into what it is today.

The question is what the Tea Party will become in the future. Currently it just looks like a bunch of Bush supporters that wanted to rebrand themselves after the embarrassing loss to Obama and the GOP establishment was quick to co-opt it and use it as a vehicle to usher much of the rank-and-file back under the establishment umbrella. Do remember that very few people wanted to call themselves "Republicans" after Bush. The media was busy talking about how the GOP was fractured after Obama's win. The Tea Party(tm) ended up being the vehicle for the GOP to bring all the discouraged rank-and-file back in line after Obama's election. That's where it currently stands.

What happens if/when Romney wins and continues the same policies as Bush and Obama? Will the Tea Party(tm) rise up in opposition or will it assimilate once again, not learn from past lessons, and dissolve into nothing? How many calling themselves Tea Party are lining up to vote for Romney? Seems few really learned anything from the Tea Party but we'll see.

A lot of people are upset about the status quo. RP and his supporters are just small but loud group of voices in a large crowd.

Claiming RP is the godfather of the current TEA party movement is total BS. Beck has pulled larger crowds.

A lot of us are upset, and RP is just another guy upset by similar things. His solutions to some problems are fantastic, and to other problems, not so much.

Either way, I'm hoping that the course changes. With or without any specific individual, it's needed. If not, and if we are spiraling downward, might as well plan for that, and take care of the things and people that we can take care of.

certifiedfunds
05-15-2012, 18:09
I get that a lot. :cool:

Hell, I punish myself severely for just considering the thought.

G19G20
05-16-2012, 01:55
Hey Cav, Im not always advocating RP in my posts. I like to just record history and strategize sometimes too. Don't interpret every post of mine as a Paul endorsement, particularly if I don't even say "Paul" in it.

Cavalry Doc
05-16-2012, 05:14
Hey Cav, Im not always advocating RP in my posts. I like to just record history and strategize sometimes too. Don't interpret every post of mine as a Paul endorsement, particularly if I don't even say "Paul" in it.

Must have been distracted by your avatar and post #55. :whistling:

Fair enough though. I'll try not to bring Paul up in a response to you if you did not mention him. It sometimes takes me a couple of reminders, so if I do it again, let me know.