What happens when.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What happens when....

Foxtrotx1
05-09-2012, 20:27
....gay marriage is approved nationwide (will be within next 10 years) what are you bigoted activists going to do? Bomb gay weddings?

CitizenOfDreams
05-09-2012, 20:51
What happens when gay marriage is approved nationwide? What are you perverted activists going to demand next? Animal marriage?

Gunnut 45/454
05-09-2012, 20:56
Foxtrotx1
So how you going to due it? Some 32 States have Constitution amendments aginst Gay Marriage. Are you willlng to go to war over this? And yes I do mean real blood letting war!:supergrin:

And as I've said before this has been the Gays agenda all along. So when are you fruits going to file suit in NC? Oh wait you don't have any liberal judges in NC that will disreguard the voters like Komifornia!:rofl:

juggy4711
05-09-2012, 21:13
....gay marriage is approved nationwide (will be within next 10 years) what are you bigoted activists going to do? Bomb gay weddings?

Likely just ***** and moan.

What happens when gay marriage is approved nationwide? What are you perverted activists going to demand next? Animal marriage?

My dog and cat sniff each other in places only married folk should have access to. Does that count? :whistling:

Hyksos
05-09-2012, 21:13
If you want people to come together on this, you need to stop slinging ad hominem attacks. Secondly, marriage is a complicated issue. Federal law and state law applies. Federal benefits only apply to one man one woman marriages. DOMA, signed by the Democrat Clinton, defines marriage as one woman one man. This is why gays are still mad. State laws aren't enough for them. They want federal benefits.

Bottom line there are problems on both sides. The gays have the problem of common law, current federal law, and a clear reading of the definition of marriage being "one man one woman." The problem that anti gay advocates have is that the right to marry has been seen as a fundamental right. Laws that affect/infringe fundamental rights are subject to strict scrutiny. Strict scrutiny is very tough and most laws do not pass strict scrutiny save those that serve a compelling governmental interest. The problems I foresee are 1) the definition of marriage will be redefined to include homosexual relationships, thus rendering gay marriage bans unconstitutional because they infringe on the right to marry; and 2) the equal protection clause will be applied because the Court will interpret "marriage" as a protection.

The equal protection clause says all PERSONS are entitled to equal protections of the law. I don't know of many divorced men who consider marriage to be a "protection," but if it is declared one then it is possible that gay marriage bans will fail under equal protection. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

stevelyn
05-09-2012, 21:45
Not going to affect my life any.

JK-linux
05-09-2012, 22:23
Sue for protected status? When enough wedges are in place, everyone will be a minority of some sort needing protection and a leveled playing field. Big Bro suffers everyone unto him, by hook or by crook, before the whole thing collapses.

azatrox
05-09-2012, 22:43

Hahaa.....Scottsdale, nuff said.
We like to keep the trolls on the east side.