Military Invasion of South Florida:Cool Tourist Story [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Military Invasion of South Florida:Cool Tourist Story

windplex
05-10-2012, 09:34
Media Characterizes Military Invasion of South Florida as “Cool Tourist Story”

http://www.infowars.com/media-characterizes-military-invasion-of-south-florida-as-cool-tourist-story/

nmk
05-10-2012, 09:44
the military is terrifying American citizens on U.S. soil with drills designed to acclimate the public to accept martial law

Thanks, infowars. :upeyes:

Get a grip.

windplex
05-10-2012, 09:48
would be "interesting" to have an all out (practice) assault on a building in my neighborhood at 1am.

Reheater
05-10-2012, 15:32
Oh Jesus....

You realize we've conducted training ops like this for over 30 years ever since the shift from linear battlefields to urban centric warfare right? This isn't new and it's vital training for our military. We conduct the same ops overseas with our allied partner nations as well. Are we getting ready to declare martial law in Japan now?

JAS104
05-10-2012, 15:35
I don't think the Miami-Dade department nor the military took into account the amount of Gun Owning CCers there are in FL when they did this. Could have become dirty pretty quick. But if it had, would we have heard about it?

G-19
05-10-2012, 20:13
Alex Jones is an idiot.

juggy4711
05-10-2012, 20:40
I don't think the Miami-Dade department nor the military took into account the amount of Gun Owning CCers there are in FL when they did this. Could have become dirty pretty quick. But if it had, would we have heard about it?

You're going to be flamed for that statement but yes it could have gotten ugly fast. If it's true that residents had no prior warning, that is pure incompetence at best. In Texas I have the right to defend a neighbor's property. Had that building building been my neighbors it could have been disastrous.

would be "interesting" to have an all out (practice) assault on a building in my neighborhood at 1am.

Interesting is not the word I would choose. Tragic would likely be more applicable. The potential for innocent loss of life would be enormous. With the number of break ins and kick door robberies disguised as law enforcement I would shoot first and ask questions later. The result being death or grave injury for myself or a member of the military or LE.

While practices of this kind leave me a bad taste whether citizens were aware or not, I think a warning ahead of time would be appropriate.

windplex
05-11-2012, 10:57
I suppose the conumdrum is how to make a training exercise as "real" as possible without harming or freaking out the innocent public.

I do want their training to represent what they might well face and I do want it as reality based as possible.

I honestly cant tell you where they should draw the line between reality based training and freaking out the public.