Romney says he's "fine" with gay couples adopting children [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Romney says he's "fine" with gay couples adopting children

Flintlocker
05-10-2012, 20:36
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57432292-503544/romney-says-hes-fine-with-gay-couples-adopting-children/

(CBS News) Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Thursday that while he opposes same-sex marriage, he is "fine" with gay couples adopting children. The presumptive nominee also declined to criticize President Obama's reversal on the issue, saying he would "respect the right of the president to reach the conclusion he has."

:popcorn:

Stang_Man
05-10-2012, 20:40
Good on him.

A loving home is a loving home, and there are a LOT of neglected children out there with a VERY bleak future if they can't find themselves a forever home.

Flintlocker
05-10-2012, 20:50
Good on him.

A loving home is a loving home, and there are a LOT of neglected children out there with a VERY bleak future if they can't find themselves a forever home.

In addition, it will help inflate the 'children in unmarried household' statistics that conservatives occasionally crow about.

juggy4711
05-10-2012, 21:07
Mitt "Weathervane" Romeny

Flintlocker
05-11-2012, 14:24
I wonder if the GOP is going to endorse gays adopting children. Perhaps they'll make it a platform plank and run a few commercials on it.

Foxtrotx1
05-11-2012, 14:32
The GOP moral police need to take a break. Nobody wants them.

maxsnafu
05-11-2012, 15:10
Romney just doesn't know when to shut up. Obama hands him the conservative religious vote and he throws it away with this. Politically, he's a moron.

Two_Clicks
05-11-2012, 15:17
Good on him.

I agree

Flintlocker
05-11-2012, 15:19
Romney just doesn't know when to shut up. Obama hands him the conservative religious vote and he throws it away with this. Politically, he's a moron.

Which is worse: gays adopting children or gays getting married?

AlexHassin
05-11-2012, 15:20
Good for him, guess the “weathervane” points in the rightdirection sometimes.

maxsnafu
05-11-2012, 16:46

Which is worse: pancreatic cancer or multiple myeloma?

SPIN2010
05-11-2012, 16:56
I wonder which "Dad" goes in the space on the form? :dunno:

Flintlocker
05-11-2012, 20:02

So you're comparing gay adoption to cancer?

AlexHassin
05-11-2012, 20:05
kids cancer, sound the same and i think whould be equaly plesent

frank4570
05-11-2012, 20:33
OMG Romney is a fracking moron. He is a STUPID man.

Gay marriage ( or whatever) is coming, it is, as it should be. But Romney just gave up a big chunk of voters. He is a freakin idiot.

Foxtrotx1
05-11-2012, 20:49
OMG Romney is a fracking moron. He is a STUPID man.

Gay marriage ( or whatever) is coming, it is, as it should be. But Romney just gave up a big chunk of voters. He is a freakin idiot.

He may gain moderates like myself who are disgusted with the GOP ATM.

Paul7
05-11-2012, 21:13
Children need a mother and father, not two of each.

Hyksos
05-11-2012, 21:13

I'll take a stab. I would personally say that gays adopting and raising children is probably worse than them getting married. At least with marriage it's only the two of them. When gays adopt children, it affects the child's brain (IMO). I don't think the child can have a fair upbringing with two dads or two moms. I understand that single parents raise children all the time, but at least in those situations the child has access to media/tv to acquire a role model for their sex. No dad? The kids in the ghettos look to rappers.

Two moms? Look up the 12 year old child who has mutilated his own genitals. His parents have authorized hormone therapy to allow him to become a woman. Of course this is all blamed on hormonal imbalances and the child's genetics. Nobody ever thought that maybe raising a boy with a female mother and female father figure would destroy the child's self identity. After all, how hard can it really be to look in the mirror every day and see a male sex organ when both your parents don't have one. It's not like you'd try to emulate them or anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html

At age seven, after threatening genital mutilation on himself, psychiatrists diagnosed Thomas with gender identity disorder. By the age of eight, he began transitioning.
This summer, he started taking hormone-blocking drugs, which will stop him from experiencing puberty.

Clearly an isolated incident.

Paul7
05-11-2012, 21:14

Both are disorders.

Paul7
05-11-2012, 21:15
I'll take a stab. I would personally say that gays adopting and raising children is probably worse than them getting married. At least with marriage it's only the two of them. When gays adopt children, it affects the child's brain (IMO). I don't think the child can have a fair upbringing with two dads or two moms. I understand that single parents raise children all the time, but at least in those situations the child has access to media/tv to acquire a role model for their sex. No dad? The kids in the ghettos look to rappers.

Two moms? Look up the 12 year old child who has mutilated his own genitals. His parents have authorized hormone therapy to allow him to become a woman. Of course this is all blamed on hormonal imbalances and the child's genetics. Nobody ever thought that maybe raising a boy with a female mother and female father figure would destroy the child's self identity. After all, how hard can it really be to look in the mirror every day and see a male sex organ when both your parents don't have one. It's not like you'd try to emulate them or anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html

Clearly an isolated incident.

More proof for my theory than much of homosexuality is the result of childhood trauma. With all the broken homes our society is manufacturing gays.

callihan_44
05-11-2012, 21:44
we would be better off if those who do the deed would step up and take care of their business...Just because children are adopted into a loving home doesnt mean there wont be problems down the road...eventually as kids get older they start wondering why they were given up, and the desire to know who the biological parents were...

Flintlocker
05-14-2012, 17:56
we would be better off if those who do the deed would step up and take care of their business...Just because children are adopted into a loving home doesnt mean there wont be problems down the road...eventually as kids get older they start wondering why they were given up, and the desire to know who the biological parents were...

Are you saying they'd be better off as orphans?

callihan_44
05-14-2012, 18:39
Are you saying they'd be better off as orphans?

it does not say anything like that in my post, kids would be better off if the biological parent that had them would raise them...unfortunately personal responsibility is out of the window today. I served with a couple of guys who never knew their father or mother or both...even though they had been adopted by people that cared for them the fact their parents chose not to be in their life haunted them.

steveksux
05-14-2012, 18:47
Adoption gets to be a little sticky.

Won't the kids be traumatized when they find out they really have a mother and a father instead of two mommies?

Randy

JK-linux
05-14-2012, 19:09

Rally Vincent
05-14-2012, 21:38
Children need a mother and father, not two of each.

+1

I know two gay couples who have raised a child a piece. Both kids were "born gay" and are total fruits.

Poor kids didn't even have a chance.

evlbruce
05-15-2012, 09:52
Mr. Etch-a-Sketch says a great deal of things. Pro-Gay adoption and Anti-Gay Marriage must be what his focus group is telling him will get the moderates this week.

/Cue Nelson Muntz's "HAHA!"/

series1811
05-15-2012, 10:02
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57432292-503544/romney-says-hes-fine-with-gay-couples-adopting-children/

(CBS News) Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Thursday that while he opposes same-sex marriage, he is "fine" with gay couples adopting children. The presumptive nominee also declined to criticize President Obama's reversal on the issue, saying he would "respect the right of the president to reach the conclusion he has."

:popcorn:

Romney has you liberals scared absolutely s**tless, doesn't he?

It's not him. It's your man, being totally unqualified for the job your party put him up for, and got him elected to, that is your problem. Not Romney. Not the Republicans. Not the Tea Party. Just Obama.

HexHead
05-15-2012, 10:06
I wonder which "Dad" goes in the space on the form? :dunno:

The pitcher.

HexHead
05-15-2012, 10:08
He's just hoping he can pick up a few gay votes.

Syclone538
05-15-2012, 10:18
If you want to do something that doesn't hurt anyone else, you should be free to do it. Gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone else so they should be free to do it. I don't know if a gay couple adopting hurts the child or not, but can see how it could, so I lean against it.

frank4570
05-15-2012, 11:06
Adoption gets to be a little sticky.

Won't the kids be traumatized when they find out they really have a mother and a father instead of two mommies?

Randy

Maybe it would be like finding out your parents were actually white instead of the mixed race people who raised you. I actually don't know.

If we have too many parentless kids, and not enough parents who want them, then a gay couple who are trying to be good parents has to be better than growing up in an orphanage.

jollygreen
05-15-2012, 12:15

I think it's an excellent comparison. Homosexuality is a cancer to society.

But there is one unanswered question in this debacle.

Flintlocker. Is he 1200feathers or tooroop?

Because he expends an incredible amount of energy trolling this site.

4TS&W
05-15-2012, 12:39
He was going to get ripped no matter what he says on this.

Can we please just stop the Washington spend/borrow/print/tax machine? We can worry about where people put their anatomy after we save the damn republic....

Thanks.

Alizard
05-15-2012, 13:56

:popcorn:He's going to get splinters in his rear if he keeps straddling the fence like that.

4TS&W
05-15-2012, 13:58
We're arguing deck chair placement on the titanic.

Our finances are the iceberg.

Alizard
05-15-2012, 14:02
He was going to get ripped no matter what he says on this.

Can we please just stop the Washington spend/borrow/print/tax machine? We can worry about where people put their anatomy after we save the damn republic....

Thanks.Absolutely! So I guess the "solution" is to vote GOP and put them in charge!

Assuming we are brain dead and don't know reality......

Ever hear a republican list EXACTLY what they will cut to balance the budget? Exactly.... they run like a rabbit.

Borrowing and spending the GOP way

The big deficit facing the U.S. is mostly Republican in origin, the Congressional Budget Office says. The Bush tax cuts alone have added $3 trillion in red ink, yet the party wants to double down on its failed policy.

///// the Republicans have offered no viable alternative.
The failure of our leaders to offer realistic budget proposals was a major reason I decided to retire after 28 years in Congress, most of them as a professional staff member on the Republican side of both the House and Senate Budget Committees. My party talks a good game, railing about the immorality of passing debt on to our children. But the same Congressional Budget Office that punctured Obama's budget also concluded that the major policies that swung the budget from a projected 10-year surplus of $5.6 trillion in 2001 to the present 10-year deficit of $6.2 trillion were Republican in origin.
Consider the two signature GOP policies of George W. Bush's presidency: the wars and the tax cuts. Including debt service costs, Bush's wars have cost about $1.7 trillion to date. Additionally, as part of being "a nation at war," the Pentagon has spent about $1 trillion more than was expected in the last decade on things other than direct war costs, which has been a bonanza for military contractors but a disaster for the federal budget. And finally, there has been another trillion dollars spent domestically in response to 9/11, including spending on such things as establishing the Homeland Security Department and increasing the budgets for the State Department and the Veterans Administration.
The Bush tax cuts have added another $3 trillion in red ink. While Republican leaders wail that Americans — particularly their rich contributors — are overtaxed, the facts say otherwise: U.S. taxpayers, particularly the wealthiest, pay far less in taxes than they would in most other developed countries. Today, the 400 wealthiest Americans have as much wealth as the bottom 125 million. The GOP insists that those wealthy people use their money to create jobs, and that taxing them more heavily would ultimately hurt the economy. But, if that's so, why was the rate of job creation in the decade after the Bush tax cuts the poorest in any decade since before World War II?
Like a drunk swearing off hooch for the hundredth time, Republicans are now trying to show they are serious about controlling the deficit by saying they won't raise the debt ceiling unless they get through some of their cost-saving projects, like privatizing Medicare. Meanwhile, they want revenue increases "off the table," even though, at 14.8% of GDP, revenues are at their lowest level in 60 years. And the budget passed by the Republican-controlled House further cuts taxes on the wealthy, a fact it glosses over with optimistic growth forecasts.
Raising the debt ceiling isn't, as the GOP tries to say, Congress giving itself permission to continue excessive spending: It's something that's necessary to pay for past congressional decisions on taxes and spending, and those decisions were made primarily when Republicans were in charge.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/26/opinion/la-oe-lofgren-budget-republicans-20110626

series1811
05-15-2012, 14:07
Absolutely! So I guess the "solution" is to vote GOP and put them in charge!

Assuming we are brain dead and don't know reality......

Ever hear a republican list EXACTLY what they will cut to balance the budget? Exactly.... they run like a rabbit.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/26/opinion/la-oe-lofgren-budget-republicans-20110626

So sayeth the Obama Truth Squads. (And, there was a hearty AMEN! from DU).

4TS&W
05-15-2012, 14:10
I think a Republican big spender in the White House would finish the GOP. I don't think they are quite ready to commit suicide. I KNOW what Obama plans to do.

concretefuzzynuts
05-15-2012, 14:10
We're arguing deck chair placement on the titanic.

Our finances are the iceberg.

This. Words of wisdom.

concretefuzzynuts
05-15-2012, 14:12
So sayeth the Obama Truth Squads. (And, there was a hearty AMEN! from DU).

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're relentless!:rofl::rofl:

Flintlocker
05-19-2012, 22:34
Romney has you liberals scared absolutely s**tless, doesn't he?

It's not him. It's your man, being totally unqualified for the job your party put him up for, and got him elected to, that is your problem. Not Romney. Not the Republicans. Not the Tea Party. Just Obama.

I don't see what you're getting so worked up about. I just posted a link about Republican nominee for President saying he was fine with two gay men adopting a baby.. maybe even your grandchild.

No need to start projecting your emotions of fear- I've heard the same claim of fear about anyone the far-right has a crush on at the moment. It always makes me chuckle.