My experience with a TSG 22 conversion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My experience with a TSG 22 conversion

BlackPaladin
05-10-2012, 22:39
With the price of ammunition, I recently wanted to give a Glock .22 caliber conversion a try. I had looked over the Tactical Solutions TSG 22 conversion kit while at the Shot Show last year and for appearances sake, was very impressed.

A few weeks ago, after ordering this conversion kit, I took it to the local shooting range to try it out. I used the following loads:

-Federal 36 gr HP (The Walmart 550 rd value packs)

Followed by the manufacturer recommended:
-CCI Mini Mag HV

I have (2) magazines for this conversion, the one included and one extra I bought.

I loaded 13 rounds of each load into each magazine. Out of the 13 rounds loaded, I was unable to get ANY of them to cycle the slide enough to load a new round.

I loaded (4) more mags loaded with 14 rounds each (two being CCI and two being Federal). Again, most were FTF, a few were stove pipes and several were failed extractions.

I was really hoping that the conversion would work properly and save me some money with ammo costs, but I was not ready to give up. I detail stripped the entire unit, properly oiled and polished the feed ramp. I took it out shooting this afternoon hoping for the best. Again no luck, the same exact problems. I had to cycle the slide by hand after each shot:steamed: .

It looks to me like the slide is not cycling back far enough after each shot. I am not sure if this is because the recoil sping is too strong. My next idea is to try to trim a few coils off of this spring and see if I get better results.

I am really hoping I can troubleshoot through this one and get it to function, otherwise I will be very good at clearing drills.

bruzer
05-10-2012, 23:06
Don't give up and DO NOT trim anything off the recoil spring. They do take at least 500 rounds to break in. Both mine have been back to the company a couple of times and they fix them up and send them back to me good to go. 36 grain ammo will not have enough power to cycle the slide properly. So far mine only like CCI Mini Mags or Blazer(CCI) 40 grain ammo. Some people will have a fit if they have to send something back but I will stand up for a company that will stand behind their product and fix any issues I have had. I have had issues when they get dirty.
I really like mine for Speed Steel. Good luck and stay safe.
Mike

LSP972
11-26-2013, 12:11
I have had issues when they get dirty.

HOW dirty? As in, how many rounds before you need to clean it?

Also, the web site isn't clear (or I'm a dummy, take your pick); do they make separate examples to duplicate the size of of G17 and G19 slides?

Or is it one-size-fits-all?