Where the HELL can I buy a Wilson Combat Bulletproof Ambi-Safety in SS?!? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where the HELL can I buy a Wilson Combat Bulletproof Ambi-Safety in SS?!?

Bullitt01
05-11-2012, 22:04
I can't find these things in stock, ANYWHERE!?! Anybody know who still has some? Also, if anybody on GT has one they'd be willing to sell, I WILL PAY! :wavey:

glock2740
05-11-2012, 22:14
They're out of stock on alot of these items. Have some patience. They'll be back in soon. :cool:

okie
05-11-2012, 22:19
Patience my friend, it took me a while to get a blued SS from Wilson:supergrin:

Bullitt01
05-12-2012, 04:17

What is this "patience" you speak of?!? :supergrin:

okie
05-12-2012, 06:27

It's something I sure as hell don't have:embarassed::rofl:

glock2740
05-12-2012, 06:49
:rofl:

itstime
05-12-2012, 07:25
Real men don't have patience. Lol

Bullitt01
05-12-2012, 19:09
Looks like MidwayUSA is set to get some in stock tomorrow!!! Thank GOD because I googled that "patience" thing, only to find that I most certainly do not have it...

bac1023
05-12-2012, 20:36

I hear you on that. :)

glock2740
05-12-2012, 21:31
I've got a Wilson BP safety on order myself for a project that's in the works. It sucks to wait, but sometimes, actually, all of the time, the wait is well worth it. :cool:

ERASER
05-13-2012, 15:06

I am considering replacing the stock thumb safety on my Norinco and was looking at the Wilson Bulletproof safety thinking that it might be stonger than a cheaper model.

Since I am left-handed, I would prefer the connection of the two halves of the safety to be as strong as possible.

Do you consider the Wilson Bulletproof model to be worth the money, or are there other suitable options?

Thanks!

mleroux21
05-13-2012, 16:29

Bullitt01
05-13-2012, 16:54
I am considering replacing the stock thumb safety on my Norinco and was looking at the Wilson Bulletproof safety thinking that it might be stonger than a cheaper model.

Since I am left-handed, I would prefer the connection of the two halves of the safety to be as strong as possible.

Do you consider the Wilson Bulletproof model to be worth the money, or are they other suitable options?

Thanks!

That is an EXCELLENT question! In my personal opinion (and many others feel the same) the Wilson Combat bulletproof safety is entirely worth the money due to a great many things. Firstly, being a Wilson Combat part, the safety is fully machined (NOT MIM) and will arrive at your door with a nicely polished blued or stainless steel finish. Secondly, the slim profile of the safety is perfect for concealed carry and does NOT require special grips to install because it does not have the right-side arm that goes under the grips like on most ambi's. Finally (and MOST importantly), the safety is designed like NO OTHER ambi-safety before it. The Bulletproof safety utilizes a half-lap joint design which spreads torsional forces across the entire part as opposed to before where the was a single point of stress where the part could potentially fail. This allows the Bulletproof safety to boast an unparalleled level of reliability/durability. For a full-length review, checkout this link:
http://www.thisismygun.com/2012/01/18/wilson-combat-bullet-proof-ambi-safety-for-the-1911/

ERASER
05-14-2012, 08:05
That is an EXCELLENT question! In my personal opinion (and many others feel the same) the Wilson Combat bulletproof safety is entirely worth the money due to a great many things. Firstly, being a Wilson Combat part, the safety is fully machined (NOT MIM) and will arrive at your door with a nicely polished blued or stainless steel finish. Secondly, the slim profile of the safety is perfect for concealed carry and does NOT require special grips to install because it does not have the right-side arm that goes under the grips like on most ambi's. Finally (and MOST importantly), the safety is designed like NO OTHER ambi-safety before it. The Bulletproof safety utilizes a half-lap joint design which spreads torsional forces across the entire part as opposed to before where the was a single point of stress where the part could potentially fail. This allows the Bulletproof safety to boast an unparalleled level of reliability/durability. For a full-length review, checkout this link:
http://www.thisismygun.com/2012/01/18/wilson-combat-bullet-proof-ambi-safety-for-the-1911/

Thanks for the advice and information!
The link was also quite helpful.
I'll be sure to look into ordering one --- if they ever get them back in stock again!