MSNBC Host Cuts Off Charge of Media Tricks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Host Cuts Off Charge of Media Tricks

DonGlock26
05-12-2012, 06:39
http://youtu.be/VwfdJl-mBUU

Wow, she couldn't answer a charge of hyping a story. LOL!

_

hogship
05-12-2012, 06:55
http://youtu.be/VwfdJl-mBUU

Wow, she couldn't answer a charge of hyping a story. LOL!

_

She can't discuss it.

The media needs to be called out on how it steers public opinion.

ooc

BORNGEARHEAD
05-12-2012, 06:59
The media is a BIG part of the problem in this country. We need to start calling out the media more and more.

DonGlock26
05-12-2012, 07:25
White House Serves Reporters Margaritas in Reno

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/white-house-serves-reporters-margaritas-reno_644397.html

Washington Post WH reporter Amy Gardner gushes over getting a free drink from the WH. :puking:

The watchdog has become a lap dog.
_

rahrah12
05-12-2012, 07:33
You go girl! :rofl:

podwich
05-12-2012, 10:20
Well, that response from her is practically an admission of guilt.

JFrame
05-12-2012, 10:25
Translation: "MSNBC is a propaganda arm of the DNC, and everyone knows it."

G17Jake
05-12-2012, 11:23
White House Serves Reporters Margaritas in Reno

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/white-house-serves-reporters-margaritas-reno_644397.html

Washington Post WH reporter Amy Gardner gushes over getting a free drink from the WH. :puking:

The watchdog has become a lap dog._

Yup.... They serve no real purpose.

hogship
05-12-2012, 11:41
Yup.... They serve no real purpose.

You better re-think that statement.

ooc

G17Jake
05-12-2012, 14:14
You better re-think that statement.

ooc

They are no benefit to the public.

engineer151515
05-13-2012, 07:25
Reporter's "your in my house" and "you are irritating me" statements tell me she has no interest in a viable discussion. You are there to answer her questions her way or no way at all.

That is not a journalistic search for the truth. The story is a scam - a response story about an original story about an event 50 years ago that is based on other's memories and meant to touch an emotional tone to hurt the Presidential candidate. Really? If I told you I received a speeding ticket when I was 16, would you automatically consider me an unsafe driver today? Would my 30 years of subsequent perfect driving record have any input into this discussion because my impression is the Press would just be hounding me on the issue about the actual event 30 years ago.

Personally, I think you need to be an idiot to run for President of the United States if you have any sort of personal financial or business success to your credit. This country deserves exactly what they elect - community organizers that burn through your money without bounds of budgets or economic consequence until, one day soon, the currency you have will be worthless and the freedoms and economic lifestyle you once enjoyed are gone.

Can you imagine if past Presidents had to undergo the current levels of paparazzi media scrutiny?

DonGlock26
05-13-2012, 07:31
Reporter's "your in my house" and "you are irritating me" statements tell me she has no interest in a viable discussion. You are there to answer her questions her way or no way at all.

That is not a journalistic search for the truth. The story is a scam - a response story about an original story about an event 50 years ago that is based on other's memories and meant to touch an emotional tone to hurt the Presidential candidate. Really? If I told you I received a speeding ticket when I was 16, would you automatically consider me an unsafe driver today? Would my 30 years of subsequent perfect driving record have any input into this discussion because my impression is the Press would just be hounding me on the issue about the actual event 30 years ago.

Personally, I think you need to be an idiot to run for President of the United States if you have any sort of personal financial or business success to your credit. This country deserves exactly what they elect - community organizers that burn through your money without bounds of budgets or economic consequence until, one day soon, the currency you have will be worthless and the freedoms and economic lifestyle you once enjoyed are gone.

Can you imagine if past Presidents had to undergo the current levels of paparazzi media scrutiny?

:goodpost:

_

hogship
05-13-2012, 10:42
They are no benefit to the public.

To the left, the MSM is a great benefit.......that was my meaning, and it's correct.

However, I do get what your meaning is, as in the MSN is no benefit to America, as a method of distributing public information.....that, it ain't.

ooc

RickD
05-13-2012, 15:50
A view from CNN's Kurtz:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/13/kurtz-tamron-hall-was-at-fault-in-msnbc-on-air-dispute-with-carney/

aircarver
05-14-2012, 15:31
"You're in my house" .....

"It most certainly is not your house...."

"It is the public's airwaves, and you are just licensed to be a responsible steward"

....."Which you most certainly have not been" ......

Gundude
05-14-2012, 23:52

"It is the public's airwaves, and you are just licensed to be a responsible steward"

.Let's assume for a second that MSNBC is broadcast over the public airwaves, even though it's not.

Where on Earth did this "licensed to be a responsible steward" stuff come from? That seems to be as far outside the purview of the FCC as can be.

jeanderson
05-15-2012, 07:46
The media is a BIG part of the problem in this country. We need to start calling out the media more and more.

No. The media is *THE* problem. MSNBC is the worst - they are the official news outlet of the Obama campaign.

aircarver
05-15-2012, 08:29
Let's assume for a second that MSNBC is broadcast over the public airwaves, even though it's not.

Where on Earth did this "licensed to be a responsible steward" stuff come from? That seems to be as far outside the purview of the FCC as can be.

Haven't noticed the license challenges of media for 'not in the public interest' ehh ? ..

Gundude
05-15-2012, 08:47
No. The media is *THE* problem. MSNBC is the worst - they are the official news outlet of the Obama campaign.Yeah, the media is enemy #1. With their armies of agents swarming the nation, kicking in people's doors and holding guns to their heads, forcing them to watch and believe their "news"... :upeyes:

Free market not working fast enought for you? Should the government step in and enforce some kind of fairness doctrine?

series1811
05-15-2012, 10:03
Yeah, the media is enemy #1. With their armies of agents swarming the nation, kicking in people's doors and holding guns to their heads, forcing them to watch and believe their "news"... :upeyes:

Free market not working fast enought for you? Should the government step in and enforce some kind of fairness doctrine?

Psych warfare, is still warfare.

jeanderson
05-15-2012, 11:24
... Free market not working fast enought for you? Should the government step in and enforce some kind of fairness doctrine?

No - I'm for less government. It would be great if journalists were true to their trade - to report the news in a fair and balanced manner. I realize that's asking a lot from a profession where 88% are registered Democrats.

Gundude
05-15-2012, 13:44
The fairness doctrine was done away with, and kept away, by conservatives. They believed the free market would take care of it. I think most here would agree that that's how it should be.

So how is the free market failing us here?

robertoh
05-15-2012, 13:58
She got her little tush out of shape when he didn't genuflect to her.Poor MSM hack fits right in at PMSNBC.

wjv
05-15-2012, 15:31
Let's assume for a second that MSNBC is broadcast over the public airwaves, even though it's not.

Yes it is. .

Microwaves
Satellites up/down links
Dish based cable

Flintlocker
05-15-2012, 16:11

Bzzzt. Wrong.

In fact, Fox News broke new ground in this area about 10 years ago:

http://www.philly2philly.com/politics_community/politics_community_articles/2009/6/29/4854/fox_news_wins_lawsuit_misinform_public

aircarver
05-15-2012, 16:14
Bzzzt. Wrong.

In fact, Fox News broke new ground in this area about 10 years ago:

http://www.philly2philly.com/politics_community/politics_community_articles/2009/6/29/4854/fox_news_wins_lawsuit_misinform_public

Well, if you say so .... :upeyes:

JK-linux
05-15-2012, 16:18