Florida investigation: 180,000 non-citizens may be registered to vote [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Florida investigation: 180,000 non-citizens may be registered to vote

snerd
05-12-2012, 15:57
Don't need no stupid voter ID laws on the books............
Florida officials have discovered that 180,000 registered voters may be non-citizens (http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE84A1AF20120511?irpc=932).

A CBS4/Miami Herald analysis (http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/09/exclusive-florida-investigating-potential-non-citizen-voters/) of information supplied by Miami-Dade shows a large number of the potential non-citizens voters cast ballots in the past including the 2000 election, when the presidency was decided by just over 500 votes.

http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2012/05/12/florida-investigation-reveals-180000-non-citizens-may-be-registered-to-vote

Paul7
05-12-2012, 16:09
I'm sure Eric Holder will be right on this.

/sarcasm off

callihan_44
05-12-2012, 19:01
nah man, how could this happen??? we only have good honest illegals in country :whistling:

Brucev
05-12-2012, 19:35
I am generally very skeptical of those who scream and shout about voter fraud. On the whole the evidence they cite is not normally compelling. I do very much want only legitimate citizens to be registered and voting in elections. If the fed. govt. will no investigate bona fied concerns of fraudulent voter registration, etc., then the house of representatives should begin investigations of the squatter and his administration for criminal conspiracy to bastardize the voting process.

CitizenOfDreams
05-12-2012, 19:54
They only vote for politicians Americans won't vote for!

maxsnafu
05-13-2012, 09:32
I am generally very skeptical of those who scream and shout about voter fraud. On the whole the evidence they cite is not normally compelling. I do very much want only legitimate citizens to be registered and voting in elections. If the fed. govt. will no investigate bona fied concerns of fraudulent voter registration, etc., then the house of representatives should begin investigations of the squatter and his administration for criminal conspiracy to bastardize the voting process.

Is there any evidence that would convince you or do you believe it's simply impossible that aliens can vote? For years the dead have voted in Chicago. Does it really strain credulity to think that live aliens could do likewise?

Paul7
05-13-2012, 09:48
Can you imagine what would happen in Mexico if you tried to illegally vote in their election?

Brucev
05-13-2012, 11:18
Is there any evidence that would convince you or do you believe it's simply impossible that aliens can vote? For years the dead have voted in Chicago. Does it really strain credulity to think that live aliens could do likewise?

I am suspicious of ideologically driven news sources regardless of what extreme of the political spectrum them might come from.

Doubtless there are individuals who cast ballots who are not qualified to vote. A gov. in washington state got into office on the votes of st. prisoners. She would have failed without them. It happens. It is not the rule. It is the exception.

As issue is not if such people occasionally get to vote. At issue is the hyperbolic shouting done by those with a political ax to grind who want to say that the electoral process is suspect, tainted, etc. and that results cannot be trusted.

I have no use for illegal aliens. I do not consider that they should have any claim based on the actual rights of legitimate citizens of the United States. But, when it comes to the claims routinely repeated by activists that illegal aliens are voting in local, state and national elections, I view the report and the reporters with extreme suspicion. I do not jump to the conclusion that the report or reporter is credible. I expect to see corroboration. Absent any such support, I will not trust that report or reporter unless and until there is support from other credible sources.

azatrox
05-13-2012, 11:24
Can you imagine what would happen in Mexico if you tried to illegally vote in their election?

Your body would be one of forty nine that is found alongside a highway in northern Mexico? :dunno:
Just a guess.