Interesting article [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article

G-19
05-12-2012, 22:30
http://teapartypatriot4ever.patriotactionnetwork.com/2011/12/31/the-dangers-of-libertarianism-and-ron-paul/

certifiedfunds
05-12-2012, 22:58
What a misinformed, ignorant, assumptive d-bag, like the other anti-Paulite trolls around here.

I particularly liked this one:

During the Cold War, economist Murray Rothbard (one of the foremost libertarian theorists) once observed that if we lost the rest of the world and the Soviets invaded America, we could always take to the hills and launch a guerrilla war, a la “Red Dawn.” Libertarians have never been hampered by reality.

Don't tell the mujahideen.

G-19
05-12-2012, 23:03
And how was it they were able to fight the Soviets? It was through our help. So your argument fails.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujahideen#section_2

They could never have beaten the Soviets if it was not for us helping them. Yeah, it may have bit us in the butt, but you are the one that used them as an example. I guess at the time it was a "The enemy of my enemy" thing.

Nice to see you stay true to form, Certified. When confronted with the truth you resort to name calling. Typical L.P. tactics.

certifiedfunds
05-13-2012, 05:58
You're trolling. That's d-bag behavior. The entire article is full of crap. I'm not going to spend time dissecting each one unless you agree to pay my hourly rate.

FL Airedale
05-13-2012, 06:18
Ron Paul wants to eliminate age of consent laws?

"Like them, he would legalize hard drugs and abolish age of consent laws, which violate the rights of 24-year-olds to have sex with 14-year-olds."

I've heard a lot of criticism of Ron Paul but this is the first time I've heard that one.

A Google search reveals that the writer is telling the truth. Ron Paul does want to eliminate the federal age of consent law. What the writer doesn't tell you is that Ron Paul does not advocate eliminating state age of consent laws.

Limiting the power of federal government and leaving powers that are not specified in the constitution to the states, are a conservative tradition dating back to George Washington.

This tells me that the writer of this editorial is deliberately misleading the reader and not to be trusted.

certifiedfunds
05-13-2012, 11:41
Ron Paul wants to eliminate age of consent laws?

"Like them, he would legalize hard drugs and abolish age of consent laws, which violate the rights of 24-year-olds to have sex with 14-year-olds."

I've heard a lot of criticism of Ron Paul but this is the first time I've heard that one.

A Google search reveals that the writer is telling the truth. Ron Paul does want to eliminate the federal age of consent law. What the writer doesn't tell you is that Ron Paul does not advocate eliminating state age of consent laws.

Limiting the power of federal government and leaving powers that are not specified in the constitution to the states, are a conservative tradition dating back to George Washington.

This tells me that the writer of this editorial is deliberately misleading the reader and not to be trusted.

He also doesn't "want to legalize drugs". That isn't his position, never was. But trolls like the OP and the author will repeat it because they're ignorant fools.