The ‘bribe’ to silence Wright [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The ‘bribe’ to silence Wright

DOC44
05-13-2012, 06:31
The ‘bribe’ to silence Wright

‘Man, the media ate me alive,” Wright told me when we met in his office at Chicago’s Kwame Nkrumah Academy. “After the media went ballistic on me, I received an e-mail offering me money not to preach at all until the November presidential election.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/the_bribe_to_silence_wright_io9jneobl3fUF0cb7LpcNM#ixzz1ukhNNElK

Doc44

FL Airedale
05-13-2012, 06:33
$150K just to keep quiet until after the election?

Count me in!

JBnTX
05-13-2012, 07:24
$150K just to keep quiet until after the election?

Count me in!

No, No, No!

You want Reverend Wright and all the others like him to tell
us everything they know about Barack Obama.

Somebody should pay him to talk, not shut up.

FL Airedale
05-13-2012, 08:37
I mean I would be happy to keep my mouth shut for $150K.

I don't know anything worth spilling.

It doesn't matter what Rev. Wright says about Obama. The mainstream media ignored the whole issue in 2008 and dismissed anyone that did bring it up as a right-wing nutjob.

JBnTX
05-13-2012, 10:04
It doesn't matter what Rev. Wright says about Obama. The mainstream media ignored the whole issue in 2008 and dismissed anyone that did bring it up as a right-wing nutjob.

That doesn't mean that we can just give up.

Never give up. Keep fighting against Obama until the day he leaves office.

FL Airedale
05-13-2012, 11:07
That doesn't mean that we can just give up.

Never give up. Keep fighting against Obama until the day he leaves office.

Agreed. I do that with donations and my vote.

samurairabbi
05-13-2012, 11:50
It wasn't a bribe.

It was a "consulting fee."

certifiedfunds
05-13-2012, 12:21
I wonder if he declared it on his tax return?

Cavalry Doc
05-13-2012, 13:02
I wonder if he declared it on his tax return?

Oooh!!!

Inquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:

series1811
05-14-2012, 12:26
It wasn't a bribe.

It was a "consulting fee."

No, it was "gas money".

samurairabbi
05-14-2012, 13:10
No, it was "gas money".
Petroleum ... or methane?

series1811
05-14-2012, 14:14
Petroleum ... or methane?

I guess it is more of a local saying than I realized.

Down south, when you want Democratic Preachers to get their congregation to vote for you, you don't give them a bribe, you give them "gas money" so they can drive to all of their emmbers and personally ask them to vote for your candidate (so they don't have to go to the trouble of saying it in Church when they are all there in one place). :supergrin:

samurairabbi
05-14-2012, 14:36
I guess it is more of a local saying than I realized.

Down south, when you want Democratic Preachers to get their congregation to vote for you, you don't give them a bribe, you give them "gas money" so they can drive to all of their emmbers

That "gas money" concept is found in northern cities as well. I was aware of it; I was just trying a pun on what this particular gas money would produce when "ingested" by the recipient.

P.S.: In many urban areas, a recipient of "gas money" payments frequently did not even own ... or need ... a car.

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 15:50
This is all in the new book, "The Amateur" by some guy named Klein.

Among the snippets:

-The Clintons and the Obamas despise each other,

-Bill lobbied Hillary to quit to run against him in 2012,

-Oprah Winfrey, who was a huge force in getting BHO elected, got seriously dissed by Moochelle and Valerie Jarrett, which contributed to the on-record public statement that OW will not be campaigning for him this time around,

-Valerie Jarrett holds more power as a staffer in the White House than Harry Hopkins did under FDR, is catty as hell and plays both an arsonist and a fireman, causing trouble in the WH then appearing as a saviour coaching both Moochelle and Barry O. She's an idiot with no foreign policy experience, but whenever BHO goes overseas, he checks with her as to who he needs to meet with.

-BHO really is a muslim, and inquired of Wright to coach him enough in mainstream Christianity so he could "pass"

-Intermediaries passed along an offer to buy his silence pre--election to keep from de-railing the campaign. Wright did back off, and regrets it.

Klein was interviewed on Hannity's radio program today and has selected interview tapes which he will give to Sean to play on the air and he claims validates the storylines above, among others.

Gundude
05-14-2012, 23:31
BHO really is a muslim, and inquired of Wright to coach him enough in mainstream Christianity so he could "pass"Is mainstream Christianity really so complicated that it takes 20 years just to learn how to fake it?

janice6
05-14-2012, 23:35
OP: Yeah. Why not? The Chicago business model.

series1811
05-15-2012, 05:44
Is mainstream Christianity really so complicated that it takes 20 years just to learn how to fake it?

It might if you are not that sharp. And, despite what the Obamites dogma is, there hasn't really been any evidence at all that Obama is very bright.

certifiedfunds
05-15-2012, 07:00
Fellas - If I'm not mistaken, this whole thing is a felony charge of the John Edwards type.

certifiedfunds
05-15-2012, 07:02
Is mainstream Christianity really so complicated that it takes 20 years just to learn how to fake it?

Wrights church is one of those place where the political power is dealt in leftist Chicago politics. It aint about going to heaven.

Besides, Obama himself said he never heard Wright's sermons. What makes you think he attended regularly?

Brucev
05-15-2012, 07:48
Hush money? This needs to be repeatedly broadcast in as prevocative a manner as possible exactly as was done with Swift Boat and when Rather tried to play king maker.