Finally have a 29 SF back in the family. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally have a 29 SF back in the family.

chemboy
05-14-2012, 08:06
:supergrin:

Forgot how handy that sub compact 10mm is. Now just got to try some Underwood and see if I can hold on.

It also has the serial # xxx001. Kinda different for me, never had a serial# that 'low' in a series.
:cool:

Telocky
05-14-2012, 12:14
Congrats!

10-acious
05-14-2012, 12:21
Congratulations!

bac1023
05-14-2012, 13:58
Congrats! :cool:

nickE10mm
05-15-2012, 08:49
:supergrin:

Forgot how handy that sub compact 10mm is. Now just got to try some Underwood and see if I can hold on.

It also has the serial # xxx001. Kinda different for me, never had a serial# that 'low' in a series.
:cool:

Guess what, Chem?? I just bought myself a brand spankin' new G29SF last night, as well!! I probably won't have it in hands for a couple weeks though since I technically just put it on layaway until I get paid next. I have no problem with that, though. My serial number is TAN-xxx.... should have the flat-gray finish and the new Gen4-style Recoil Spring Assembly. WOOHOO!! My G20SF has a buddy now and my Keltec CCW is replaced with something a bit more... ahem... formidable.

chemboy
05-15-2012, 08:54
Guess what, Chem?? I just bought myself a brand spankin' new G29SF last night, as well!! I probably won't have it in hands for a couple weeks though since I technically just put it on layaway until I get paid next. I have no problem with that, though. My serial number is TAN-xxx.... should have the flat-gray finish and the new Gen4-style Recoil Spring Assembly. WOOHOO!! My G20SF has a buddy now and my Keltec CCW is replaced with something a bit more... ahem... formidable.

Sounds great, Nick!
Mine also has the new recoil assembly. I haven't shot her yet, but later this week, I hope. :cool::cool:

Telocky
05-15-2012, 12:26
Not to hijack (and congrats as well Nick!) - but is there any concensus from you guys on these new recoil springs and the need or not to upgrade in order to shoot hot loads? I have a new 29SF with a lone wolf 4.6 for woods and was wondering if I should throw in an aftermarket steel rod and heavier weight spring - thoughts?

chemboy
05-23-2012, 08:42
Not to hijack (and congrats as well Nick!) - but is there any concensus from you guys on these new recoil springs and the need or not to upgrade in order to shoot hot loads? I have a new 29SF with a lone wolf 4.6 for woods and was wondering if I should throw in an aftermarket steel rod and heavier weight spring - thoughts?

Telocky,
I fired a few dozen Underwood 180gr loads(1300fps stuff) through the 29SF last weekend. Very controllable, no slide 'slam' at all, and accurate.
So, based on my limited experience thus far, the new RSA in the 29 handles hot stuff A-OK.
::supergrin:

dpadams6
05-23-2012, 11:31
Anyone know where to get that new rsa?

nickE10mm
05-23-2012, 11:58
Anyone know where to get that new rsa?

Per another thread here in 10-Ring, Glock doesn't sell them (yet, at least).