Latest Global Warming Threat - Milk Poured Down Sinks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Latest Global Warming Threat - Milk Poured Down Sinks

snerd
05-14-2012, 10:39
The sky is falling..............
Wasted milk is a real drain on our resources, study shows

Milk poured down Britain's kitchen sinks each year creates a carbon footprint equivalent to thousands of car exhaust emissions, research shows

Milk poured down Britain's kitchen sinks each year creates a carbon footprint equivalent to thousands of car exhaust emissions, research shows.

Scientists say the 360,000 tonnes of milk wasted in the UK each year creates greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 100,000 tonnes of CO2. The study by the University of Edinburgh says this is the same as is emitted by about 20,000 cars annually.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-05/uoe-wmi051112.php

Mrs. Tink
05-14-2012, 10:43
I have a touch of lactose intolerance, so when I have cereal I do this all the time. Oh noes!! My carbon "footprint" is way bigger than I thought!!

I kind of wonder who was paid to do these calculations.

2-8 Marine
05-14-2012, 12:45
I have a touch of lactose intolerance, so when I have cereal I do this all the time. Oh noes!! My carbon "footprint" is way bigger than I thought!!

Probably wasn't their milk industry. :supergrin:

W420Hunter
05-14-2012, 13:54
if liberals are so worried about carbon dioxide, why don't they just stop breathing? :whistling:

nmk
05-14-2012, 15:05

Dr David Reay of the University of Edinburgh's School of GeoSciences, who led the study...

There is a lot of current research into the impacts of our food industry funded by various sources (even in the food industry). As our population continues to increase the problems will increase. Locating inefficiencies in the system and finding solutions is a good thing.

Guess I'm a liberal. :yawn:

Mrs. Tink
05-14-2012, 15:24
There is a lot of current research into the impacts of our food industry funded by various sources (even in the food industry). As our population continues to increase the problems will increase. Locating inefficiencies in the system and finding solutions is a good thing.

Leaders of studies rarely, if ever, do the grunt work.

"Finding inefficiencies" is one thing. But how are you going to cut down on the number of people who decide they don't feel like finishing their milk and dump it out? What would be the "solution" we'd have to "find" for that? Who is we?

I really don't know or care if you're a liberal. If you say you're one, then I guess you might be.

snerd
05-14-2012, 16:06
...... But how are you going to cut down on the number of people who decide they don't feel like finishing their milk and dump it out? What would be the "solution" we'd have to "find" for that? Who is we? .....
A liberal's dream............ a milk monitor in every kitchen! :supergrin:

automatic slim
05-14-2012, 16:07
So, what are we supposed to do with milk that goes bad? Will they take it at the recycling center? This sounds pretty serious...:shocked:

Ruble Noon
05-14-2012, 16:16

Probably the same people that are going to study the effects of thunderstorms on the plains spreading pollution to the rest of the U.S. Don't worry though, this study only costs millions of dollars.

Ruble Noon
05-14-2012, 16:17
So, what are we supposed to do with milk that goes bad? Will they take it at the recycling center? This sounds pretty serious...:shocked:

A spoiled milk tax and a government disposal system is the answer.

snerd
05-14-2012, 16:19
A spoiled milk tax and a government disposal system is the answer.
If you see something, say something.

W420Hunter
05-14-2012, 23:13

Umm so tell me if I am way off here. The way I see it more livestock means more feed crop being planted. More plants means more co2 turned into o2. So how does it not even out?:dunno:

janice6
05-14-2012, 23:41
This says to me that I can quit milk and drive a lot more without guilt.

Global warming? Want a ride to the meetings?

Option: Kill the cows, it's for the planet.