Breaking: Ron Paul Ends It... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Ron Paul Ends It...

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 12:36
2:35p on the Rush Limbaugh show...

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 12:42
Concedes he cannot win the nomination: NYT

ChuteTheMall
05-14-2012, 12:57
But I'm sure he will gladly continue to accept campaign contributions from his diehards, so he can at least purchase a token shout-out from the stage. Send money!!!
:tinfoil:
:deadhorse:

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 13:00
Quit before the TX primary. A Santorum like acknowledgement of reality.

Romney's the last man standing. Although Herman Cain is turning out some great think tank commercials.

sbhaven
05-14-2012, 13:09
Linky...
Ron Paul ends his hunt for votes (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/14/ron-paul-ends-his-hunt-votes/)
Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said Monday he will not compete in primaries in any of the states that have not yet voted — essentially confirming Mitt Romney will win the Republican presidential nomination.

Mr. Paul said he will continue to work for delegates in states that have already voted and where the process of delegate-selection is playing out. He said that’s a way to make his voice heard at the nominating convention in Tampa, Fla., in August.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted,” Mr. Paul said. “Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.”

He did encourage his supporters to still turn out and vote.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 13:14
Concedes he cannot win the nomination: NYT

LIE! LIE! LIE!

I received the email this "story" is based on and nothing of the sort was said. The email itself is right here.

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/cimages/9e1a03df3a024e863ece9f4018b8c898/RPsig.jpg
Ron Paul

Nowhere does it say anything of the sort but Im not surprised you would be the first to blatantly lie about Paul's campaign. You can't seem to stop lying on this forum when it comes to Paul. We're carrying on at the state conventions and winning delegates by the boatload and going to Tampa. No point in spending more money fighting liars like you, the corrupt media that ignores Paul except whenever something negative can be spun, and a GOP elite that's tried to cheat him at every turn. What's the point? The delegate strategy was publicized a long time ago and is working beautifully. Best to save campaign cash for the legal fights that are upcoming and the costs to coordinate our Tampa delegation.

ChuteTheMall
05-14-2012, 13:19
http://i45.tinypic.com/w7jwpu.jpg

RON PAUL 2016

Send money now!!!! Be the first!!!

G19G20
05-14-2012, 13:26
What original and informative content from ShootThemAll. Stay on topic and stick to the truth, ok? It's really not that hard to do but you can try it. Feels good actually.

ChuteTheMall
05-14-2012, 13:30
Half-price candy from the going-out-of-business sale, better get it while you can.
Ron Paul Liberty Dollars not accepted.

http://i49.tinypic.com/178xeb.jpg

If we can't go back to the gold standard, why not the milk chocolate standard?

BlownFiveLiter
05-14-2012, 13:35
LIE! LIE! LIE!

I received the email this "story" is based on and nothing of the sort was said. The email itself is right here.

Nowhere does it say anything of the sort but Im not surprised you would be the first to blatantly lie about Paul's campaign. You can't seem to stop lying on this forum when it comes to Paul. We're carrying on at the state conventions and winning delegates by the boatload and going to Tampa. No point in spending more money fighting liars like you, the corrupt media that ignores Paul except whenever something negative can be spun, and a GOP elite that's tried to cheat him at every turn. What's the point? The delegate strategy was publicized a long time ago and is working beautifully. Best to save campaign cash for the legal fights that are upcoming and the costs to coordinate our Tampa delegation.

Delusions much? Ron Paul has about the chances of winning as I do walking outside and being struck by lightning right now, with not a cloud in the sky.

RCP
05-14-2012, 13:40
All he's said is that they won't be spending money they don't have to campaign in States yet to have had their primaries. Newt and Santorum would have been wise to do the same but instead they went into debt and are now forced to kiss *** by endorsing Romney to receive help paying off their debt.

BTW- Ron Paul had major delegate victories at the convention in Oklahoma and Arizona over the weekend so I don't see him dropping out anytime soon.

The Machinist
05-14-2012, 13:42
I'm still voting for Paul this November.

RCP
05-14-2012, 13:43
As usual this proves once again that the only thing people like G29 espouse about Ron Paul is what they've been told by Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, etc.. Ignore the facts and of course ignore any of the successes Ron Paul has had acquiring delegates.

RCP
05-14-2012, 13:47
I see Snowman down there trying to come up with another original witty stoner or pothead remark. Can't wait!

G19G20
05-14-2012, 13:50
Speaking of delusions. Yeah yeah people keep saying that but then I read legit reports from district and state conventions where Paul supporters are repeatedly winning more delegates than Romney is. How exactly do you expect Romney to win the nomination with (at least) half of the delegates in attendance supporting a different candidate??????? The delusional people are the ones that listen to tools like Rush and Hannity without actually researching the truth for themselves.

Jeff82
05-14-2012, 13:52
Does Paul have the number of delegates needed to win the nomination? No
Are there enough delegates left in the states that have already voted that if Paul won them all, he would win the nomination? No
Is Paul running in any new states to where he can win delegates to win the nomination? No

Am I missing something here?

RCP
05-14-2012, 14:01
Yes you are, there are many delegates in States like Florida who are Ron Paul supporters but are supposedly bound to vote for Romney on the 1st round of voting at the Natl convention in Tampa (which in itself is up for debate according to the RNC' own rules). it's the same here in Texas, I personally know quite a few people who are dedicated Ron Paul supporters who have been going through the process of becoming delegates. If Mitt Romney doesn't have the vote of 1144 delegates due to the delegate wins Paul has and keeps winning then all the delegates who were actually Ron Paul supporters can now vote for whomever they want on the 2nd vote which would be Ron Paul.

Also keep in mind Romney doesn't have the delegates the media is reporting either. For example in States such as Maine, Massachusetts, etc., even though Romney won the primary Ron Paul won at the State convention. So all the delegates the media is reporting as Romneys based on the Primary results actually belong to Paul.