Ron Paul did NOT drop out today - read full email here [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul did NOT drop out today - read full email here

G19G20
05-14-2012, 13:56
It's a lot of work fighting the disinfo of haters and liars that frequent this and other forums and news sites but the record needs to be set straight before it gets out of hand.

Here is the actual email from the Paul campaign and no where does it say he is suspending or ending his campaign. No where. Bearing false witness is against the 10 Commandments.

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/cimages/9e1a03df3a024e863ece9f4018b8c898/RPsig.jpg (http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/cimages/9e1a03df3a024e863ece9f4018b8c898/RPsig.jpg)
Ron Paul

Focusing on the delegates, as we've been doing for months now.

Paul advisor Jack Hunter elaborating on the email contents and the inaccurate media reports.
Ron Paul Has Not Suspended His Campaign - YouTube

geo57
05-14-2012, 14:34
Whew. Disaster averted ! We can all breathe a huge sigh of relief upon hearing this confirmation.

In a related story, Michael Moore will continue in his quest to capture Olympic gold in the decathlon.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 14:43
Whew. Disaster averted ! We can all breathe a huge sigh of relief upon hearing this confirmation.

In a related story, Michael Moore will continue in his quest to capture Olympic gold in the decathlon.

On second thought, I hope folks like you do think this campaign is over and start getting complacent.

My new narrative:
Yep, yep to all you Romney supporters please enjoy your victory and stop attending your conventions! No need to go to any more of those boring conventions when you can watch tv, eat cheetos and savor your victory instead. You've won! Congrats! But yeah, stop going to the conventions. Please.

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 14:53
It ain't over till it's over, but now I have to wonder, will I still qualify for my "Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul" bumper sticker if I vote for him now in the TX primary? Or should I just write in Herman Cain?

HarlDane
05-14-2012, 14:54
Campaigns never end with a simple "I Quit!". It usually comes in the form of vague wording that references the "suspending" of operations or as Paul put it, "no longer spend resources campaigning". There are a number of reasons they do this, usually it has to do with campaign finance issues, but it also keeps die-hard supporters energized (and contributing) and saves face for the candidate.

Of course anyone with half a brain who has followed a presidential campaign or two over the years can read between the lines.

sbhaven
05-14-2012, 15:20
Anyone who doesn't pay attention to the details or the proclamations from the die hard Paul supporters, will see his statement for what it is, that he [Paul] is dropping out.

The moment pundits and Paul's die hard supporters start talking about delegate counts, 1st vote/2nd vote at the GOP convention, etc. people's eyes start to glaze over. Same thing happens when the political pundits start talking about electoral college math. If Paul supporters/delegates at the GOP convention do disrupt things it will be interesting to see how republicans/conservatives in general respond.

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 15:28
THIS JUST IN: HE REALLY IS DROPPING OUT!

All the chaff with the wheat is simply:

-more like a suspension, so he can continue to raise funds
-a nuanced way of losing.

HE won't come right out and admit it. Just fade away.

But no, G19G20 is right. I just sat around, and made all that up on my own.

Ooops.

No, I didn't:

http://www.indecisionforever.com/blog/2012/05/14/ron-paul-drops-out-of-primary-campaign

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/05/14/breaking_ron_paul_pretty_much_drops_out_of_presidential_race

http://www.redstate.com/checkmate2012/2012/05/14/ron-paul-just-dropped-out-of-the-race/

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 15:32
Campaigns never end with a simple "I Quit!". It usually comes in the form of vague wording that references the "suspending" of operations or as Paul put it, "no longer spend resources campaigning". There are a number of reasons they do this, usually it has to do with campaign finance issues, but it also keeps die-hard supporters energized (and contributing) and saves face for the candidate.

Of course anyone with half a brain who has followed a presidential campaign or two over the years can read between the lines.

This.

Nuanced words.
Contribution pump to offset debt.
Not spending money = given up the campaign
Saves face.

He's done.

Essentially, as Romney accelerated and piled up the delegates, and all the other candidates with any realistic chances dropped out, the obvious occurred to folks who didn't want to be fools in continuing to send cash to a guaranteed loser. The writing was on the wall and he knows it. In short, his cash has dried up. He's done.

windplex
05-14-2012, 15:35
i fully expect (expected all along) ron to go all the way to the convention and negotiate there.

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 15:38
It's a lot of work fighting the disinfo of haters and liars that frequent this and other forums and news sites but the record needs to be set straight before it gets out of hand.

That's right, everyone is a liar but you. Is that what you're saying?

Here is the actual email from the Paul campaign and no where does it say he is suspending or ending his campaign. No where. Bearing false witness is against the 10 Commandments.

Then have a seat. Technically, Herman Cain is still in it too.

For that matter, there is still a record of Santorum and Gingrich in it, in the most technical terms.

But they have come to terms with reality.

RCP
05-14-2012, 15:41
Ok you guys think what you want, there's no point in arguing, meanwhile we will keep winning delegates and see y'all in Tampa.:wavey:

Ruble Noon
05-14-2012, 15:56
Ok you guys think what you want, there's no point in arguing, meanwhile we will keep winning delegates and see y'all in Tampa.:wavey:

I saw a delegate count on another forum that showed Romney with 800+ delegates and Paul with 600+ delegates. I'm not 100% sure of the source though.

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 16:07
I saw a delegate count on another forum that showed Romney with 800+ delegates and Paul with 600+ delegates. I'm not 100% sure of the source though.

I'm 100% sure that's wrong.

RCP:

Romney 949, RP 99, 563 To be decided.

So Romney needs 195, or 34% of the remaining.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/republican_delegate_count.html

Tampa ballot? 1 and DONE.

Mrs. Tink
05-14-2012, 16:07
If anyone wonders why a lot of Paul supporters have little interest in voting for Romney, or really anything else having to do with the Republican party, see exhibit A: the insufferable smugness of the anti-Paul people.

Way to bring in supporters, guys. :wavey:

geo57
05-14-2012, 16:14
If anyone wonders why a lot of Paul supporters have little interest in voting for Romney, or really anything else having to do with the Republican party, see exhibit A: the insufferable smugness of the anti-Paul people.

Pot, meet kettle.

PawDog
05-14-2012, 16:22
He won't announce until the last minute so he can continue to drain the cultists of their last drop of campaign contributions. since the majority is spent to pay family in friends, he gets to retire at the end of his current term with a few more shares of gold stocks.......

Smart move on his part, gullible supporters, not so much.

lancesorbenson
05-14-2012, 16:26
I don't see any big change from that newsletter. Ron Paul's campaign, such as it is, has been mostly a grassroots movement with zero top-down management. His supporters will still canvas, become delegates, pay for advertising on their own, etc. Let's face it, Ron Paul can't compete with Mitt Romney on a money basis. Romney like, like Obama, has guys like the masters of the universe at Goldman Sachs on his side.

I think it's kind of telling the absolute lack of enthusiasm for the presumptive Republican nominee versus the glee with which so many members here cheer Ron Paul's campaign woes. Say what you want about Ron Paul, he has never said anything as remotely as repugnant on guns as the Yankee progressive in magic underwear. He's never forced anyone to purchase healthcare coverage. He's never espoused pro-abortion views or pledged to defend Roe v. Wade. You get the idea.

TBO
05-14-2012, 16:34
http://www.kvue.com/news/Ron-Paul-effectively-suspends-campaign-for-president--151425275.html

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 17:03
http://www.kvue.com/news/Ron-Paul-effectively-suspends-campaign-for-president--151425275.html

Yep. No longer campaigning, out of money.

Romney needs maybe a third of the remaining delegates.

No point in anyone wasting their money on a pipe dream. No negotiating leverage left either.

Snowman92D
05-14-2012, 17:15
by Associated Press and KHOU.com
Posted on May 14, 2012 at 2:50 PM

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Ron Paul told supporters Monday that he is suspending his campaign for president because he doesn’t have enough money to compete against Mitt Romney.

Interesting...last I heard from Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich, they had "suspended" their campaigns too. In fact, Herman and Newt are planning on taking their message to the convention, also. Hopefully they can all get together for lunch while they're there.

Paul, a longtime congressman, is not running for another term to represent his Texas district.

Maybe he can get a job as a contributing editor at High Times magazine. Be a good way to stay in touch with his fan base. :smoking:

05-14-2012, 17:31

That's like poop telling vomit it stinks.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 17:32
THIS JUST IN: HE REALLY IS DROPPING OUT!

All the chaff with the wheat is simply:

-more like a suspension, so he can continue to raise funds
-a nuanced way of losing.

HE won't come right out and admit it. Just fade away.

But no, G19G20 is right. I just sat around, and made all that up on my own.

Ooops.

No, I didn't:

http://www.indecisionforever.com/blog/2012/05/14/ron-paul-drops-out-of-primary-campaign

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/05/14/breaking_ron_paul_pretty_much_drops_out_of_presidential_race

http://www.redstate.com/checkmate2012/2012/05/14/ron-paul-just-dropped-out-of-the-race/

Not that you care about the actualities of what the email says, but try to not pick out "hot quotes" like the media does and build a narrative around them while ignoring things like the last paragraph of the email entirely. Are you suggesting the campaign will keep coordinating with supporters and delegates on a Tampa strategy, yet it has ended the campaign?

Cognitive dissonance should be physically painful. But like I said, feel free to stand on rooftops and shout how Ron Paul's campaign is over. Hopefully you'll help us win more delegate spots and for that I will thank you and buy you a beer in Tampa. Oh wait, you won't be there.

05-14-2012, 17:33

Is lying to yourself against the ten commandments, too?

Focusing on the delegates, as we've been doing for months now.

Good luck on that.

05-14-2012, 17:37
Now we'll see if the Paul supporters will focus support on Obama out of spite. You know, to teach everyone a lesson.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 17:40
by Associated Press

That funny liberal media yall like to rail against.

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Ron Paul told supporters Monday that he is suspending his campaign for president because he doesn’t have enough money to compete against Mitt Romney.

Not a word about suspending anything in the entire email. Not actively campaigning for primary wins isn't suspending anything. Paul still has money, unlike the everyone except Mitt.

Interesting...last I heard from Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich, they had "suspended" their campaigns too. In fact, Herman and Newt are planning on taking their message to the convention, also. Hopefully they can all get together for lunch while they're there.

Actually, both Cain and Newt expressly stated they are suspending their campaigns. Exact word used actually. No such word in Paul's message. Btw, Paul has tons of delegates. Cain and Newt have none. Sure, they'll get some speech time when no one is watching but they'll have no influence so terrible comparison.

Paul, a longtime congressman, is not running for another term to represent his Texas district.

Maybe he can get a job as a contributing editor at High Times magazine. Be a good way to stay in touch with his fan base. :smoking:

Good idea for High Times. That's capitalism, my friend! You go ahead and stick to your brain rotting Budweiser so you can feel superior.

Restless28
05-14-2012, 17:41

And right on cue, they pipe in to prove your point. They will also blame us for Romney's loss, when in fact it's them who are mostly responsible.

G-19
05-14-2012, 17:47
Why don't Certified and Ruble just send him a few million? Seems like he could use some more money, according to this article.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/2012-election/ron-paul-suspending-active-campaigning

I guess all those "rich" libertarians won't put their money where there mouths are.

G-19
05-14-2012, 17:48

You have to be kidding. You really said that? Really?

05-14-2012, 17:50
[/I]

[I]

Not a word about suspending anything in the entire email. Not actively campaigning for primary wins isn't suspending anything. Paul still has money, unlike the everyone except Mitt.

Actually, both Cain and Newt expressly stated they are suspending their campaigns. Exact word used actually. No such word in Paul's message. Btw, Paul has tons of delegates. Cain and Newt have none. Sure, they'll get some speech time when no one is watching but they'll have no influence so terrible comparison.

Good idea for High Times. That's capitalism, my friend! You go ahead and stick to your brain rotting Budweiser so you can feel superior.

Right now, how many delegates does Paul have? Cite please.

Snowman92D
05-14-2012, 17:52

Ouch! They say never get between a doper and his bag of weed. :beer:

G-19
05-14-2012, 17:56
[/I]

[I]

Poor loser.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 17:57
Ouch! They say never get between a doper and his bag of weed. :beer:

Enjoy your liver cirrhosis and kidney failure.

Right now, how many delegates does Paul have? Cite please.

Im honestly tired of explaining the delegate process to the weekend armchair politicos on this forum that don't want to do their own research so Ill just say that the living breathing delegates elected to the RNC so far have gone at least 50% to Paul, and in many instances (see: Iowa, Mass, Nevada, Minn, Missouri, and others) have blown Romney out of the water at conventions. That's why there's a "delegate strategy" in place already, ya know? We'll see come Tampa but there's going to be a lot of crow getting eaten on this forum and it won't be me eating it.

Ill be nice and help you out a little. If you choose to research on your own feel free. Deny ignorance.

http://news.yahoo.com/paul-wins-majority-delegates-maine-gop-174422402.html

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/23/ron-pauls-minnesota-delegate-blowout-prompts-romney-panic-says-paul-adviser/

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-supported-16-massachusetts-delegates-says-campaign-230406976.html

Fwiw, Daily Caller seems to be following this development more than any other media outlet.

fortyofforty
05-14-2012, 18:03
Only question remaining is who gets Paul's endorsement for the Presidency. :upeyes:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TVwUzod5_yQ/TvTC0kBEBxI/AAAAAAAABBA/DqNvgVY4Dk8/s1600/mckinney.jpg

Is Cynthia McKinney running again?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kApto83SZK4/SGLU-3kaZEI/AAAAAAAAAt8/jd6HWUe3HOc/s400/0519-02.jpg

How about Ralph Nader? Is he still around?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BJl91s91ois/Tu6Rd4AiSVI/AAAAAAAAEFE/1ijysz28eSA/s1600/paul0910_S_20080910190324.jpg

Time will tell.

G-19
05-14-2012, 18:03
This news must really hurt some of those here. I mean all of the claims that "Paul will not quit" and yet here it goes and happens. No, he did not come out and actually say it, but why else would he send out such a statement. If he was staying in the race and actually thought he stood a chance he would still be fighting. Could it be that after a couple of small wins, that only happened by dubious means, contrary to popular vote. That he realized that, that card had been played and the game was over. Trick no good any more.

05-14-2012, 18:10

Im honestly tired of explaining the delegate process to the weekend armchair politicos on this forum that don't want to do their own research so Ill just say that the living breathing delegates elected to the RNC so far have gone at least 50% to Paul, and in many instances (see: Iowa, Mass, Nevada, Minn, Missouri, and others) have blown Romney out of the water at conventions. That's why there's a "delegate strategy" in place already, ya know? We'll see come Tampa but there's going to be a lot of crow getting eaten on this forum and it won't be me eating it.
Simple question, how many delegates does Paul have? How do you know for a fact that he has "tons of delegates"? Please cite your source(s) so I'll know, too.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 18:12
See above where I edited my post to add just a few links to get you started 427. All you have to do is take a bit of time to search out the results of district and state conventions held so far. The media has been reporting it but not very enthusiastically. The numbers are hard to pinpoint simply because a lot of Paul delegates are "stealth", meaning they haven't declared publicly who they support but there's a lot of them, plus the ones we already know of.

G-19
05-14-2012, 18:13
Simple question, how many delegates does Paul have? How do you know for a fact that he has "tons of delegates"? Please cite your source(s) so I'll know, too.

Your are forgetting their super secret campaign strategy. You can get the numbers if you don't know the secret handshake.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 18:17
This news must really hurt some of those here. I mean all of the claims that "Paul will not quit" and yet here it goes and happens. No, he did not come out and actually say it, but why else would he send out such a statement. If he was staying in the race and actually thought he stood a chance he would still be fighting. Could it be that after a couple of small wins, that only happened by dubious means, contrary to popular vote. That he realized that, that card had been played and the game was over. Trick no good any more.

I don't like the email either simply because of the response it's getting from the media but Paul is a hell of a politician so there may be some genius in this move. Like I said earlier in this thread, if Romney's folks think Paul really is "done" then they'll stop showing up at the polls and conventions. Paul supporters will continue to vote for him regardless and turn out at the conventions. Apathy and complacency is great for us.

G-19
05-14-2012, 18:18
I don't like the email either simply because of the response it's getting from the media but Paul is a hell of a politician so there may be some genius in this move. Like I said earlier in this thread, if Romney's folks think Paul really is "done" then they'll stop showing up at the polls and conventions. Paul supporters will continue to vote for him regardless and turn out at the conventions. Apathy and complacency is great for us.

Or.....it could be that he is broke.

Snowman92D
05-14-2012, 18:22
The numbers are hard to pinpoint simply because a lot of Paul delegates are "stealth", meaning they haven't declared publicly who they support but there's a lot of them...

With RP suspending his campaign, and their hopes for drug legalization now fading, they may have to stay "stealthy" awhile longer. :whistling:

05-14-2012, 18:23
See above where I edited my post to add just a few links to get you started 427. All you have to do is take a bit of time to search out the results of district and state conventions held so far. The media has been reporting it but not very enthusiastically. The numbers are hard to pinpoint simply because a lot of Paul delegates are "stealth", meaning they haven't declared publicly who they support but there's a lot of them, plus the ones we already know of.

Paul has a projected 104 delegates vs Mitten's 973.

I don't see how the numbers can be there for Paul to get the nomination.

I mean how many delegates would have to abandon mittens and support paul?

G-19
05-14-2012, 18:27
I guess this means no Brokered Convention.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 18:28
AP Projections are bs and not based in any reality where living breathing delegates are concerned. AP doesn't decide who the nominee is though they do try to. Are you suggesting that if Paul supporters were to win every delegate slot but the AP "projects" Romney to have 1144 that Romney actually wins the nomination? lol

You still don't get it but oh well, you'll see. Those same results have been happening in conventions across the country. I only put up a few of them so you know what to start looking for.

05-14-2012, 18:29
He's not that great of a politician. If he was, he wouldn't be where he is today. Last time Paul, AT LEAST stayed in till after all the primaries were finished.

Ruble Noon
05-14-2012, 18:30

He has enough to be on the Tampa ballot.

G-19
05-14-2012, 18:30
So I guess, since he said he has no interest in running for his district again, he will retire and draw his tax payer funded retirement and life long free medical plan.

Hypocrite!

05-14-2012, 18:31
AP Projections are bs and not based in any reality where living breathing delegates are concerned. AP doesn't decide who the nominee is though they do try to. Are you suggesting that if Paul supporters were to win every delegate slot but the AP "projects" Romney to have 1144 that Romney actually wins the nomination? lol

You still don't get it but oh well, you'll see. Those same results have been happening in conventions across the country. I only put up a few of them so you know what to start looking for.

I'm already seeing presidential failure number 3.

05-14-2012, 18:31
He has enough to be on the Tampa ballot.

Very good.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 18:37
Very good.

That's actually a better way to explain it. The RNC rules require a candidate to win a "plurality" of delegates in 5 states in order to be considered for the first ballot. By that measure Paul has already won 10 or 11 states (one, Oklahoma, is currently in legal limbo). Im only aware of one that Romney has won outright and that's South Dakota. Mind you I'm not talking about the beauty contest primaries and caucuses. Im talking about the delegate selection/convention process that most people don't even know about, much less participate in.

I'm already seeing presidential failure number 3.

You're entitled to that opinion but you know what they say about those.

G-19
05-14-2012, 18:43
Don't worry Paulites, there is always:

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 18:44
i fully expect (expected all along) ron to go all the way to the convention and negotiate there.

I don't him to give up there. I'd give it about a 90% chance that he will run third party, or as an independent. He will come out with a statement about how he owes it to his supporters to keep his message going.

And, when he isn't invited to the debates, someone here will call it cheating.

lancesorbenson
05-14-2012, 18:46
So I guess, since he said he has no interest in running for his district again, he will retire and draw his tax payer funded retirement and life long free medical plan.

Hypocrite!

Ron Paul doesn't participate in the federal pension program. Nice try. I'm sure you'll have no problem letting the taxpayers pay for your golden years while telling everyone within earshot of your Barco-Lounger how conservative you are.

lancesorbenson
05-14-2012, 18:48
I don't him to give up there. I'd give it about a 90% chance that he will run third party, or as an independent. He will come out with a statement about how he owes it to his supporters to keep his message going.

I seriously doubt a third-party run is gonna happen. If nothing else than to preserve Rand Paul's chances in 2016.

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 18:49

Like school on a Saturday, dude.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0voejU7y9bk/SbB1nfhkaOI/AAAAAAAADNM/Ydgenad_ByM/s400/no+class.jpg&sa=X&ei=t6exT4yHGMWq2gW55_nMCw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGIOBZHum1h9UvwAR4LXpU21ykFxQ

I'll let you in on a little secret, you will someday also develop a fatal condition. You can look that up, it's like a rule or something.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 18:50

Not going to happen. He won't leave all his RNC delegates hanging like that plus it would harm Rand's future. That's just not Paul's style at all. It's all out for the RNC or nothing. Bank on it.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 18:52
Like school on a Saturday, dude.

I'll let you in on a little secret, you will someday also develop a fatal condition. You can look that up, it's like a rule or something.

Save it. Im tired of people here calling every Paul supporter a pothead while they swig down beer after beer like they're so friggin different and superior. Pot never killed anyone. Budweiser has a higher death toll than cancer.

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 18:53

Well, the ones here that enjoy tweaking the Paul guys at every chance are not likely to convince any of their targets to vote for mittens.

But there is an awful lot of that going around in the Paul camp too. In fact, it's been there just about as long as the Paul for president movement first showed up here in GTPI.

Everyone will vote for who they want. I'm now in a quandary, with Paul suspending his campaign, I'm wondering if I should write in another of the suspended candidates that I like more. Which would you suggest as a good protest vote.

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 18:59
Save it. Im tired of people here calling every Paul supporter a pothead while they swig down beer after beer like they're so friggin different and superior. Pot never killed anyone. Budweiser has a higher death toll than cancer.

Pot has killed people. A high school friend of mine in fact. I take care of cirrhotics. Not all of them are good people, but some are. Not all cirrhotics drink or even ever drank. Did you know that you can get cirrhosis without ever drinking. It's true, look it up. You can get lung cancer without smoking. Did you know that you can get renal disease without ever using drugs?

Pot has risks. Any drug that slows your reflexes creates danger. People do stupid stuff on pot.

It's impolite to make light of fatal diseases, because you are just waiting around to find out what yours will be. All of us are.

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 19:04
Not going to happen. He won't leave all his RNC delegates hanging like that plus it would harm Rand's future. That's just not Paul's style at all. It's all out for the RNC or nothing. Bank on it.

Oh, he won't announce it until just after the convention. Start saving up for those money bombs. Running as an independent is EXPENSIVE.

He has left that door open for a reason. If he were truly committed to getting the Republican Nomination or sitting out the rest of the election, he would have said so. His excuse about not dealing in absolutes is a little humorous, as he has many idealistic absolute positions about the constitution.

We'll see, but I will honestly be surprised if he does stop his run at the Republican convention.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 19:09
I dont want to clog this thread with off-topic stuff but pot didn't kill your high school friend. Let me guess. Traffic accident right? Smoking pot itself didn't harm him one bit. Driving under the influence of a substance may have killed him (stupidity actually killed him) but we can compare alcohol related traffic fatalities with pot traffic fatalities and see where that data point comes out too.

Either way, hypocrites irritate me to no end and I'm tired of the gross hypocrisy of alcohol drinkers looking down on pot smokers.

eta: I guess we'll just have to keep surprising you at every turn Cav. I bet we've already surprised you way more than you expected a year ago.

Gunnut 45/454
05-14-2012, 19:27
Mrs. Tink
Well as a life long Republicain I can say without a doupt I don't want there support since they never really supported the GOP ticket ! They just road along to get attenttion for RP! RP's own words spoke volumes! "I can't support any other canidate"!!! I'll not hold my breath to hear him endorsing Rommney. I'll bet alot of money to say we'll never hear those words from RP's mouth!!!:steamed:

05-14-2012, 19:35
I dont want to clog this thread with off-topic stuff but pot didn't kill your high school friend. Let me guess. Traffic accident right? Smoking pot itself didn't harm him one bit. Driving under the influence of a substance may have killed him (stupidity actually killed him) but we can compare alcohol related traffic fatalities with pot traffic fatalities and see where that data point comes out too.

Either way, hypocrites irritate me to no end and I'm tired of the gross hypocrisy of alcohol drinkers looking down on pot smokers.

eta: I guess we'll just have to keep surprising you at every turn Cav. I bet we've already surprised you way more than you expected a year ago.
What's there to be surprised about? The last time he dropped his bid for the GOP nomination was 12 June 2008. Why would this be any different?

In the end, the result will be the same as his last two presidential runs.

G19G20
05-14-2012, 19:51
What's there to be surprised about? The last time he dropped his bid for the GOP nomination was 12 June 2008. Why would this be any different?

In the end, the result will be the same as his last two presidential runs.

So I guess I can assume you didn't do any research and will choose to remain uninformed about what's really going on in this election. Like I said, I'm tired of explaining the delegate selection stuff and it just being ignored like it doesn't exist.

To clear up any confusion, here's Jack Hunter, a Paul advisor, elaborating on what the email means. I've met this man and had a few drinks with him after the Greenville debate last May. Very smart guy and an up and coming player in GOP politics. Someone to watch in the future.

Ron Paul Has Not Suspended His Campaign - YouTube

G-19
05-14-2012, 19:56
Which would you suggest as a good protest vote.

FWIIW, I liked Santorum, next would be Cain.

Restless28
05-14-2012, 19:58

With RP suspending his campaign, and their hopes for drug legalization now fading, they may have to stay "stealthy" awhile longer. :whistling:

I'm sick and ****ing tired of your asswholiness about this drug slur towards all Ron Paul supporters.

You get away with this **** day after day.

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 20:04

Fishing. Not driving. But without the effects of pot, he would have been much more likely to get back in the boat. I wasn't there, but is was less than 2 years after we graduated. I was half way around the world by then. Root cause analysis. Use of the substance led to death. Illness AND injury are caused by substance abuse.

The point is that your statement was made in an absolute way, and it's not that absolute.

I fully support decriminalization, but have not been able to recruit enough users willing to take full responsibility to form a big enough coalition to make it happen.

G-19
05-14-2012, 20:07
I'm sick and ****ing tired of your asswholiness about this drug slur towards all Ron Paul supporters.

AWWW, getting a little close to home for ya?

Brucev
05-14-2012, 20:07
So... RP is not... no he is dropping out. O.K. I never saw anything in him that would merit support. He was never more than marginal. But he gave expression of the legitimate concerns of some folks. And that is always a net good. He may have enough maturity to be able to now support Romney in a common effort to defeat the squatter and his gansta administration. If he pulls a perot... then he will simply service the squatter.

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 20:09

Backontopic

Well, not yet. I'm not very surprised at all. I wasn't surprised when Paul didn't receive enough of the popular vote in the primaries to be even close at the end. I don't hate the guy. But he's not perfect. That's not a crime.

I'll not be surprised if he doesn't get the nomination. I'll not be surprised if he runs third party or independent. I'll not be surprised if he endorses third party candidates. And I'll not be surprised if he does not become president.

If anything about his run for the whitehouse manages to surprise me, I will be honest and let you know.

G-19
05-14-2012, 20:10
I wonder what some of the people here will say if Paul were to actually throw his support toward Romney? I doubt it will happen, but it would be funny as heck if he did.

05-14-2012, 20:10
So I guess I can assume you didn't do any research and will choose to remain uninformed about what's really going on in this election. Like I said, I'm tired of explaining the delegate selection stuff and it just being ignored like it doesn't exist.

To clear up any confusion, here's Jack Hunter, a Paul advisor, elaborating on what the email means. I've met this man and had a few drinks with him after the Greenville debate last May. Very smart guy and an up and coming player in GOP politics. Someone to watch in the future.

Ron Paul Has Not Suspended His Campaign - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzeoVUo1QCA&feature=player_embedded)
Keep lying to yourself - it's not going to change the reality that Paul's not going to get the nomination, much less the presidency. If Paul was the "Hell of politician" like you claim, he'd have a better showing instead of having to "change strategies" this late in the primary season.

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 20:11

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/928653/80871558.gif&sa=X&ei=L7uxT6zlF6Wc2AWd-ZnpCA&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNF8gM-pSP2yQcrDNz_eufJ0h0GMjw

Restless28
05-14-2012, 20:12
AWWW, getting a little close to home for ya?

Richard Cranium.

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2012, 20:13
I wonder what some of the people here will say if Paul were to actually throw his support toward Romney? I doubt it will happen, but it would be funny as heck if he did.

I'd be surprised.

G-19
05-14-2012, 20:13
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/928653/80871558.gif&sa=X&ei=L7uxT6zlF6Wc2AWd-ZnpCA&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNF8gM-pSP2yQcrDNz_eufJ0h0GMjw

Yep, me to.

G29Reload
05-14-2012, 20:16
Are you suggesting the campaign will keep coordinating with supporters and delegates on a Tampa strategy, yet it has ended the campaign?

No, dude, I'm saying its OVER.

There isn't a strategy left. Romney only has to pick up 1/3 of the remaining <600 delegates to make it thru on the first ballot.

Today he ran his white flag up the pole and said he didn't have any money left to compete in the remaining states. (Figures, he blew it all attacking Newt in IA :rofl:) He won't be there…but yeah, hey if you bots want to keep going on principal, I'm outta cash so go for it!

So after suspending his campaign, he sits on the bench with santo, newt and herman. Romney's all that's left standing and the trend line is against RP, completely.

Cognitive dissonance should be physically painful.

No, but in your case its kind of sad. And humorous in a way. But with the decision already clear, any extra effort away from the nominee helps your boy BHO get elected.

Eric
05-14-2012, 20:18
Guys. I am getting damned tired of refereeing these arguments. If you keep this up, don't be surprised if you can longer access this forum. I am not going to deal with this nonsense for the next six months. If you want to participate in this forum, keep a civil tongue and follow the posting rules. Eric