I shot an XD, and I liked it! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I shot an XD, and I liked it!

WarEagle32
05-14-2012, 18:11
I have shot XD's several times throughout the years but never a subcompact 9mm, and never a lot of rounds until now. I have been a Glock man my whole life. I have owned 9 Glocks in my life, and currently own 4. I liked that 3 inch XD so much it scares me for my Glocks now. I am buying my wife one to replace her LC9. The XD has a noticeably thinner grip, a smooth trigger, and the subcompact 9mm holds 13 rounds. My goodness, I am afraid that I am going to fall in love with the XD's and have to do a lot of trading. Am I going crazy?

countrygun
05-14-2012, 18:46
I have shot XD's several times throughout the years but never a subcompact 9mm, and never a lot of rounds until now. I have been a Glock man my whole life. I have owned 9 Glocks in my life, and currently own 4. I liked that 3 inch XD so much it scares me for my Glocks now. I am buying my wife one to replace her LC9. The XD has a noticeably thinner grip, a smooth trigger, and the subcompact 9mm holds 13 rounds. My goodness, I am afraid that I am going to fall in love with the XD's and have to do a lot of trading. Am I going crazy?

:therapy:

I would say that you are breaking out of the box you have been dwelling in and discovering your own identity and your own ability to chose.

You obviously have a well developed sense of taste that has been too long hidden. It is time to embrace your XD desires. They are great pistols, don't deny yourself, give in to your better instincts.

kenpoprofessor
05-14-2012, 18:59
I love my little XD40SC much, and I have a 9mm conversion barrel for it as well :cool:. I don't like the feel of the SC Glocks, but the XD is a perfect fit for that frame size.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

deputy tom
05-14-2012, 19:02

After my son bought an XD9 sc I decided to get another XD. It's been ten years or so since I traded away my XD9 Service but I now own another Croatian Sensation. This time in the XD45 Compact guise.I still might get myself an XD9sc as well.tom.:supergrin:

bac1023
05-14-2012, 20:08
I love the XD line, especially the XDm.

G26S239
05-15-2012, 03:24
Absolutely not. The XDs are a good product line. Best to get what suits you.

ZoomByU
05-15-2012, 03:52
I carried an xd 40 service on duty and sc off duty for two years. I changed my grip from thumbs up to thumbs forward grip and didn't like them anymore. Everytime I shot them the takedown lever would bite my left thumb. I prefer the glock trigger as well, xd trigger is too mushy. Never had any problems with them just not for me anymore.

TxGlock9
05-15-2012, 04:07
I love the XD line, especially the XDm.

First time I've read you say you loved something. haha

Looks like lot of people are coming out and saying they like other pistols other than their glocks. Including myself.

OP: congrats in finding something you love to shoot.

WarEagle32
05-15-2012, 04:23
I still will always love my Glocks but if I like the subcompact XD 9 better than my Glock 26, oh boy. What really worries me is that i just bought a never fired NIB 30sf that is in smyrna right now having night sights installed on it. If i try an XD or XDM type 45 that i like better than my 30sf then there will be another deal that i will have to make. It's early but I'm loving what I see from these XD's!

CajunBass
05-15-2012, 04:26
It's ok. Your Glocks won't mind a bit.

TxGlock9
05-15-2012, 04:30
I still will always love my Glocks but if I like the subcompact XD 9 better than my Glock 26, oh boy. What really worries me is that i just bought a never fired NIB 30sf that is in smyrna right now having night sights installed on it. If i try an XD or XDM type 45 that i like better than my 30sf then there will be another deal that i will have to make. It's early but I'm loving what I see from these XD's!

Keep going with it man. Only you can make yourself mind.

Bob Hafler
05-15-2012, 05:00
I had a XD9sc it was a terrific pistol. The only reason I still do not have it is I bought the PM9 for CC and that pretty much made a safe queen out of it. A friend wanted to buy it from me and the offer was more than fair so cut it loose.
I'll be checking the XD9 slim when it comes out. If that proves to be a good gun I'm probably going to be selling most if not all of my poly pistols off and just keeping that. I find myself slowely going back to SA and SA/DA steel/alloy hammer fired pistols. I like my PM9 and my Glock 26 well enough but just prefer hammer fired steel pistols to stricker fired poly pistols.

Beanie-Bean
05-15-2012, 05:28
Good for you, man! Shoot whatever makes you happy, and whatever feels right in your hands and performs well for you.

I do know that this place has made me look at other brands, and most of them are really great to shoot.

I'm on waiting lists for the upcoming XD-S 3.3 :)

ca survivor
05-15-2012, 06:04
Good for you.

Falcon5269
05-15-2012, 08:22
Yes sir. In addition to my 3 glocks I have a SA XDm 3.8 ,45 acp (Bi tone). GREAT GUN!! ZERO malfunctions with over 1000 rds through it. Built like a tank. Had a custom grip job and combat/carrry trigger job dun by PRP in Oregon. (Powder River Precision) Fast follow up double and triple taps all day long!! Waiting on the XDs (Slim & compact 45) to pop up. Can't wait to grab one.

TSAX
05-15-2012, 08:26
I really like the XD's.. Im a Glock guy but I enjoy shooting other makes and models especially the XD's. Its ok to enjoy other guns

:50cal:

bunk22
05-15-2012, 08:36
I'm a fan of XD's though I don't have any anymore (can't be that much of a fan lol). My XD9sc had over 6000 rounds with 2 FTF's in that time, one was ammo related and one was a failing recoil spring. I don't like the grip safety though, my only pet peeve about them.

WarEagle32
05-16-2012, 15:47
If I end up liking he XD better than my new 30sf that is going to be a pleasent dissappointment I think!