Tale of Two M&P's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tale of Two M&P's

TxGlock9
05-14-2012, 20:20
Bought both of them 4 days from each other. The compact I picked up today but haven't shot it yet. Got rid of my 19 and 26 for them.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/kappaball/MPs.jpg

Nakanokalronin
05-14-2012, 20:36
That is quite a tale:dunno:

:tongueout:

Rustin
05-14-2012, 20:44
Congrats, Great guns. You keep em' stock or are you gonna add some APEX goodies? I like the M&P series but Glock points and shoots better for me. Glad you got what you wanted though. I really dig the FS M&P's.

TxGlock9
05-14-2012, 20:44
That is quite a tale:dunno:

:tongueout:What ever are you talking about? :whistling: Don't be jealous I got the compact before you did. lol. I see you post on M&P pistol and smith & wesson too!

I couldn't think of anything clever to say at the moment.

Btw going to pick up the M&P45c sooner or later! :supergrin:

TxGlock9
05-14-2012, 20:48
Congrats, Great guns. You keep em' stock or are you gonna add some APEX goodies? I like the M&P series but Glock points and shoots better for me. Glad you got what you wanted though. I really dig the FS M&P's.

Definitely. I can shoot them just fine the way they are but why not make it easier for myself. :supergrin:

I'll be getting the DCAEK kit and the AEK aluminum trigger for both pistols.

Folsom_Prison
05-14-2012, 20:56
Congrats! Is that grip tape on the FS?

TxGlock9
05-14-2012, 21:00
Yup AJ, sure is. They are made by Trugrip. It's a bit tacky for carry so I'll be getting talon rubber grips for both pistols later. For the range though they are super grippy.

Folsom_Prison
05-14-2012, 21:06
Yup AJ, sure is. They are made by Trugrip. It's a bit tacky for carry so I'll be getting talon rubber grips for both pistols later. For the range though they are super grippy.

Gotcha, can't say I've ever seen an M&P with grip tape before interesting. Personally I find the M&P to have plenty of grip.

TxGlock9
05-14-2012, 21:10
Neither of them really do need grips but I like to have a super positive grip when I shoot. Just feel more confident with it. M&P's do reduce recoil a lot better than my glocks.

ctfireman
05-14-2012, 21:15
Sweet. I like the M&P line quite a bit.

Nakanokalronin
05-14-2012, 21:31
Neither of them really do need grips but I like to have a super positive grip when I shoot. Just feel more confident with it. M&P's do reduce recoil a lot better than my glocks.

I defiantly noticed that on my FS M&P 9. The 9mm round dosn't have much recoil to begin with but it was a lot less noticeable on the M&P over the Glocks, XDs,PX4s I've owned. I could barely tell the difference between the 115gr. ball and 124gr.+P HP ammo.

DEADEYEGUY
05-14-2012, 22:13
My M&P 9C just reached the 1200 round mark. Replced all the problem child late model GEN3 and GEN4 Glocks that could not be made to work. Love the little gun. Feeds, fires, and ejects everytime. And none to my head. LOL! Hope you enjoy them. Really like my PPQ also.

Folsom_Prison
05-14-2012, 22:20
M&P's do reduce recoil a lot better than my glocks.

Not the first time I've heard that! I've never shot an M&P before but I'd love to give one a try.

mrsurfboard
05-14-2012, 22:25
Good choice. I love my M&Ps

Glock_your_world
05-15-2012, 01:11
Congrats. My M&P 9mm made me trade all my Glocks in.

Folsom_Prison
05-15-2012, 01:26
Man after this thread i feel if I try a M&P I might be cheating on my Glock!

TxGlock9
05-15-2012, 01:40

AJ, I know how you feel. Sometimes we get so stuck on convincing ourselves that one brand is the best brand. That's how I was and because I like to stick with what works for me, I ignored any itch to try any other brand. I justified it by using the philosophy: stick with one platform, learn it well, and be the best at it.

Then one humble morning I said screw it, I'm going to try the M&P and satisfy that itch. Finally I freed myself from the "stuck on stupid" mentality that I had. Not saying Glock is stupid, but trying to get out of a ignorant mindset.

Believe it or not, my first pistol that I ever purchased was an M&P 45 full size back in around 2005. I did my own trigger work with it.(2-3lbs trigger). My double taps at 7-10yards was 2 inches at best. Don't know why I ever left it. I guess Glock-aid was going around that time of year in California when I was living there. :cool:

I just feel that I don't have to try as hard with the M&P than with the Glock. It's more comfortable in the hand and the grip angle is far more natural to me than Glock is. I still own Glocks, but if I were to pick one for the most natural shooting, it's the Smith & Wesson M&P.

TSAX
05-15-2012, 02:10
Congrats, I almost went that route but my G19C and G26 combo is too hard to beat. The M&P feels so much better with the APEX. Enjoy, jumping to M&P isnt a bad thing.

:50cal:

TSAX
05-15-2012, 02:13

They are good guns, give them a go, who knows maybe you'll convert also..............:faint:.

Beanie-Bean
05-15-2012, 05:30
Congrats on the new M&P pistols, man!

ca survivor
05-15-2012, 06:00
just curious, why the divorce from Glock?

carloglock19
05-15-2012, 06:58
Nice pair! At first I thought you did a stippling job on your full size then I took another look. I been pondering putting Talon grips on my M&P.

Bruce M
05-15-2012, 07:14
Enjoy your new M&Ps I hope you do not end up missing the Glocks more than you enjoy the M&Ps.

TSAX
05-15-2012, 08:47

Ive met a few people who prefer and switched to the M&P line mainly because of the ergos and back straps. I have/had that combo and if Glocks werent around Id go that route but I still prefer my Glocks.

Gary1911A1
05-15-2012, 08:47
I really like my M&P45 with thumb safeties much better than my Glock 21SF. When I shoot polymer now I take the M&P to the range.

TxGlock9
05-15-2012, 10:13
I wouldn't say divorce. We're just in a open relationship.

The M&P ergos and grip angle provide me with easier shooting. I don't have to try as hard to be accurate with the M&P pistol. The first pistol I have ever bought was a M&P 45. So it was actually M&P that I divorced to go to Glock; and now I'm coming back. I still own glocks. It's now that they're secondary to my M&P's.