Collision Course [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Collision Course

Lone Kimono
05-15-2012, 00:36
Hey, does anyone know anything about the new David Crawford book coming out Nov 6th? I just per-ordered it, but don't know anything about it.

gosnmic
05-15-2012, 23:13
Well I was going to say the only thing I knew was that I too [NOW] had pre-ordered it :rofl: BUT it appears perhaps there's more to this story... (Found a post from him:) There is more to this story. Unfortunately, because I now have a published book that is for sale, I have been told by Senior Site Staff that I can no longer post any partial stories here. I want to let everyone know that I really appreciate all of the support and encouragement that I have received over the years from the ARFCOM community. You guys and gals are the best!

Best guess is this is "Lost and Found" (> 90% -- second guess <10% this might be Dead Reckoning). Seems to fit the general storyline from Lost and Found best I can remember :wow: Totally going to be great whatever it is -- he actually might pop up and comment directly as he makes his way around here (probably more frequently than I have been recently :dunno: ) Thanks for the heads-up on this :wavey:

Lone Kimono
05-16-2012, 09:37
Yeah, I've seen him post on here too. Maybe he'll fill us in the next time he is on. I don't know what site told him not to post there anymore, but I'm more than willing to be a guinea pig for his books ;) Can't wait to read it.

Lone Kimono
10-28-2012, 16:00
The book comes out in a week, so I thought I'd give this a bump. As you can tell from my OP I've been waiting a while!

Collision Course: David Crawford: 9780451238078: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51O8LYXSUYL.@@AMEPARAM@@51O8LYXSUYL

20South
10-28-2012, 16:42
Great call - pre prdered!

Lone Kimono
12-12-2012, 12:19
I loved Lights Out, but saying I'm disappointed is an understatement...the book now sits in my trash can. Horrible ending where you don't have a finished storyline and are left saying seriously???

sebecman
12-12-2012, 12:26
Personally I thought Lights Out was not good.

It doesn't read like a novel, dialogue is clunky and predictable and everything just happens perfectly for the karate man.

PaulMason
12-12-2012, 14:03
After reading the reviews on Amazon; I remember reading parts of the book somewhere.

I liked that one of the main characters was not a likeable guy.

Lone Kimono
12-12-2012, 15:23
I was just upset this morning after finishing it. I expected more and hope his next one is better. I'll still line up to buy it (if there is a next one) because he can write a great book.

actionshooter10
12-12-2012, 23:17
This was a great literary work.

It was based on the Lost and Found short story he posted online.

It is NOT your traditional survival story but does illustrate how people deal with and overcome personal tragedy and plans not working out.

I didn't love the ending but understand why he left it where he did.