LCP Suggestions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LCP Suggestions

purrrfect 10
05-15-2012, 07:30
OK so I got my LCP 380 NRA version and i have to say after 200 rounds I absolutely love this little guy. At first holding it yup ya say where are the sights. then reading everyone saying it is a point and shoot pistol made lots of sense to me at close range SD 7 - 10 yards center mass is not hard to hit if it is might want a missile launcher.

My first few rounds I was trying to use the sights and realized what everyone was saying about point and shoot. it did take a little getting us to but at first 7 yards then 10 80% hit in a 6"-8" group out of all rounds there was a few groups 6 or more 3"

Tis a strange way of shooting after working so hard to perfect shooting groups with my regular carry G20 10mm at 25 yards & and 10 yards the target is like right in your face.
200 rounds not one issue

Any of you might steer me in the right direction for cheap plinking rounds?

Even more important SD rounds?

ray9898
05-15-2012, 07:39
I have not seen cheap .380 round in a long time.

airmotive
05-15-2012, 08:18
My little LCP is a gun that also requires a plan. It's a 'runaway' gun.
It's only purpose is to keep me alive long enough to effectively run away.
Plus...it's 8 rounds should provide me just enough time to get somewhere else....anywhere else.
"What? Eight rounds, you say?"
Yes...8.
6 in the mag.
1 in the pipe.
+the gun itself.
You're gonna get hit by every piece of metal I can throw your way.

...and then I'm gonna run away screaming like a 14 year old girl at a Justin Beiber concert.

Even though I have Hydrashocks loaded in the little bugger now, it wouldn't concern me in the least bit to have FMJs in it. All it's going to do is poke holes with limited accuracy. My main concern if I'm ever forced to use the LCP is escape and evasion.

You're not going to invade Fortress Europe with an LCP.

ithaca_deerslayer
05-15-2012, 09:18
The first priority in ammo is reliability in feeding.

My LCP likes the Hornady Critical defense. They have the pointy red plastic tip in the hollow point. Other wide mouth hollow points from other brands didn't feed as well. Just something to keep in mind.

For range ammo, I like American Eagle.

4 glocks
05-15-2012, 12:08
The first priority in ammo is reliability in feeding.

My LCP likes the Hornady Critical defense. They have the pointy red plastic tip in the hollow point. Other wide mouth hollow points from other brands didn't feed as well. Just something to keep in mind.

For range ammo, I like American Eagle.

+2 that's why I went with Hornady CD in the LCP all other cal. I use Speer Gold Dots. Round on the left is Hornady CD
shot from LCP, shot into 3, 1 gallon water jugs the round hit the back of the 3rd jug 18 inches.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2806/1001484o.jpg

FYI 2nd round 9mm Speer GD 124g +P SB, Last .38 spl. Speer GD 135g +p

purrrfect 10
05-15-2012, 15:30
My little LCP is a gun that also requires a plan. It's a 'runaway' gun.
It's only purpose is to keep me alive long enough to effectively run away.
Plus...it's 8 rounds should provide me just enough time to get somewhere else....anywhere else.
"What? Eight rounds, you say?"
Yes...8.
6 in the mag.
1 in the pipe.
+the gun itself.
You're gonna get hit by every piece of metal I can throw your way.

...and then I'm gonna run away screaming like a 14 year old girl at a Justin Beiber concert.

Even though I have Hydrashocks loaded in the little bugger now, it wouldn't concern me in the least bit to have FMJs in it. All it's going to do is poke holes with limited accuracy. My main concern if I'm ever forced to use the LCP is escape and evasion.

You're not going to invade Fortress Europe with an LCP.

Well coming from a man that carries a G20 10mm and now at times caring my new LCP...This LCP is no joke If you can't hit your target... not my problem. At close range 25' and in that split second if you think you can get sight's where you want them better so be it...I can tell you now owning this little Gem at close range & 7 rounds to the vitals point and shoot... I will NOT be doing any running.

Coming form a man that LOVES my G20 10 MM

Myt new LCP just Impressed me that much...

Navitimer
05-15-2012, 16:00
I have an LCP and have never had a malfunction. That said, the gun's always felt very tight to me (not necessarily a bad thing) and the worry wart in me says to be careful with my carry ammo. Probably just me being paranoid. Because of that I've been carring the Corbon Powerballs, which have a similar profile as traditional hollow points, but has the "ball" insert to help with reliable feeding. I've also used these rounds in .45 ACP in my more finiky 1911s. All this said, I've shot multiple types of hollow points and never had a misfire, FTF or FTE. Great little gun!!

BLau
05-15-2012, 17:18
I love mines!

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj516/BLau1976/2012-03-27_16-08-57_338.jpg