Zimmermans lawyer receives trove of prosecutions evidence [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Zimmermans lawyer receives trove of prosecutions evidence

stormspotter
05-15-2012, 07:49
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144570/Trayvon-Martin-case-George-Zimmermans-lawyer-receives-trove-prosecutions-evidence.html

Cavalry Doc
05-15-2012, 10:28
Jeez:shocked::upeyes::faint:

Someone is selling targets of a person in a hoodie with skittles and iced tea, no weapon.

Looks like the flames are being fanned on both sides now. Idiots.

frank4570
05-15-2012, 11:24
The dailymail is a tabloid. Might be true, equally likely to be not true.

alexanderg23
05-15-2012, 11:36
Jeez:shocked::upeyes::faint:

Someone is selling targets of a person in a hoodie with skittles and iced tea, no weapon.

Looks like the flames are being fanned on both sides now. Idiots.

how much you sellin them targets for?

concretefuzzynuts
05-15-2012, 11:41
What in the world do the targets have to do with the evidence discovery?

CAcop
05-15-2012, 13:11

We sieze targets in search warrants of persons arrested for crimes involving guns. It shows either they trained or not and it can show they possessed a weapon at some point in the past. This is especially important for prohibited possessors or people who have ditched guns after the crime.

It's just another piece of the puzzle.

Kind of how we look for gang paraphernalia post gang murders or shootings. Hats, CDs, DVDs, posters, and tags in rooms may not be illegal but they do indicate criminal activity.

We aren't charging them with possession of the articles but they help explain the crime. "Why" is not needed for a conviction but juries like knowing why.

concretefuzzynuts
05-15-2012, 13:19
We sieze targets in search warrants of persons arrested for crimes involving guns. It shows either they trained or not and it can show they possessed a weapon at some point in the past. This is especially important for prohibited possessors or people who have ditched guns after the crime.

It's just another piece of the puzzle.

Kind of how we look for gang paraphernalia post gang murders or shootings. Hats, CDs, DVDs, posters, and tags in rooms may not be illegal but they do indicate criminal activity.

We aren't charging them with possession of the articles but they help explain the crime. "Why" is not needed for a conviction but juries like knowing why.

Um... I was talking about the ones mentioned in the article. But thanks for the info.

"The discovery’s release comes days after reports that gun range targets depicting Trayvon Martin sold out within two days.

Although the paper targets do not depict the 17-year-old’s face, they feature an image of a black hoodie with a bag of Skittles is tucked inside the pocket of the jumper, while a hand holds a can of iced tea.

Martin was wearing a hoodie and had just purchased Skittles and iced tea when he was shot and killed by George Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida on February 26, according to police reports.

The shooting range targets were advertised on a popular firearms auction website but have now been taken down, according to WKMG.
The sellers allegedly 'support Zimmerman and believe he is innocent and that he shot a thug,' according to their online ad.

When the unidentified retailer was contacted by the TV station, he said: 'My main motivation was to make money off the controversy.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144570/Trayvon-Martin-case-George-Zimmermans-lawyer-receives-trove-prosecutions-evidence.html#ixzz1uxemVQNG

aircarver
05-15-2012, 13:34
Um... I was talking about the ones mentioned in the article. But thanks for the info.

Hey, was an informative tangent of the target subject....

concretefuzzynuts
05-15-2012, 13:37
Yeah, I didn't know that. Guess I should get rid of my hoodies and thug targets!

G29Reload
05-15-2012, 13:49
Man, those targets must be a collectors item. Where can I get one?

Alizard
05-15-2012, 13:53
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144570/Trayvon-Martin-case-George-Zimmermans-lawyer-receives-trove-prosecutions-evidence.html

It's called "discovery". The prosecution is required to give the defense it's whole case before trial.

concretefuzzynuts
05-15-2012, 13:59
It's called "discovery". The prosecution is required to give the defense it's whole case before trial.

Not gonna pick a fight but you should read the article before posting on what we were talking about.:dunno:

frank4570
05-15-2012, 16:31

Absolutely nothing as far as I can tell.

4Rules
05-15-2012, 18:24
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-medical-report-sheds-light-injuries-trayvon/story?id=16353532#.T7Ll_MqwDJy