Wife and the xd40 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wife and the xd40

Fwdftw
05-15-2012, 13:53
Hello folks, I recently picked up my wife a compact xd40 and she shot about 100 rds and said she liked it (hence why I bought it lol). Anyway she know says it hurts her finger when she pulls the trigger, what could be causing this? She was shooting crappy tula the first time , I bought some 180 gr federal this last trip. Any thoughts

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ithaca_deerslayer
05-15-2012, 14:35
Sounds like "trigger slap". On reset the trigger is snapping back into position.

Have you shot it for the feel of what's going on? If the gun feels normal to you, then maybe she can change how she is or isn't maintaining contact with the trigger during reset.

If it feels ouchy to you, then why? Is the trigger safety sharp or rough, where it could be touched up with a bit of sandpaper? Is there something too forceful about the springs in the reset, that perhaps would break in over time? Is there something the factory could do to smooth it out if you sent it back to them?

I don't have any real answers, just thinking out loud :)

countrygun
05-15-2012, 14:48
Really. "it hurts" isn't much to go on.

'Doctor, it hurts when I do....this..."

"Well, don't do "that".

As was said, give it a try and get some first hand experience to give a better idea of "What" hurts.

Fwdftw
05-15-2012, 15:35
Guys I shot it fine. I showed her how to ride the reset. And not slap it. I asked her was the trigger safety pinching her she said no. Hell maybe she just needs a GLOCK !

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine