Did I do good....I think I did. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Did I do good....I think I did.

Lugi
05-15-2012, 20:45
I was at kroger today and came up on some nestle water 3 liters jugs...reg 79 cents and they had them to where you bought 10 of them you'd get them for 49 cents so I bought like 18 jugs for like $9.00.

They expire next year, what's the best way to make sure they last more then that?
They are stored in a room on the side of my garage that has ac, it's part of the house.

Cool thing is...the jugs at the bottom have a indentation so that they could be stored on top of each other.

I want to go back and get more....but need to know if they will last beyond the exp. date.

thejellster05
05-15-2012, 20:52
I've drank over 1 year old water stored in my basement in regular gallon jugs and they were fine. Just keep the cool and I would worry about bacteria growth for awhile. The taste after a year was fine.
In SHTF you could always put some bleach in it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bushflyr
05-16-2012, 00:28
You did not do good. You may have done well. [/grammar nazi]

Water doesn't really expire. Stick it in a dark place and it'll still be safe in 20 years. If crap doesn't grow in a year it's not going to.

Stevekozak
05-16-2012, 06:08

Water doesn't really expire. Stick it in a dark place and it'll still be safe in 20 years. If crap doesn't grow in a year it's not going to.
While he may have done well in this endeavor, it is entirely possible that he also did good, and is grammatically correct. :wavey:

auto-5
05-16-2012, 18:37
I would worry about BPA leaching into the water.

Lugi
05-16-2012, 23:40
Thanks guys...and BPA, then what the hell am I gonna do about this...really, I'm asking.

Bushflyr
05-17-2012, 00:31
Re: BPA. SO not a problem (http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=plastic-not-fantastic-with-bisphenol-a) in this case.

WolfNotSheep
05-18-2012, 10:52

Exactly right.

DScottHewitt
05-18-2012, 13:01
I was at kroger today and came up on some nestle water 3 liters jugs...reg 79 cents and they had them to where you bought 10 of them you'd get them for 49 cents so I bought like 18 jugs for like $9.00.

They expire next year, what's the best way to make sure they last more then that?
They are stored in a room on the side of my garage that has ac, it's part of the house.

Cool thing is...the jugs at the bottom have a indentation so that they could be stored on top of each other.

I want to go back and get more....but need to know if they will last beyond the exp. date.

They are JUST water?

Right?

When was the last time you saw a stream "expire"?!?!??

auto-5
05-18-2012, 18:06
It may not be a bad idea to make a small still. It can make all the clean water you want as long as you have a heat source. Other things too.

Warp
05-18-2012, 19:57
What is the material of construction? Hopefully nothing like the stuff milk cartons are made of, because if so they WILL spring leaks if you let them sit long enough.

Lugi
05-18-2012, 21:13
What is the material of construction? Hopefully nothing like the stuff milk cartons are made of, because if so they WILL spring leaks if you let them sit long enough.

Nah....... it's clear plastic, harder then milk containers.
And as to it being stored in a cool area, that's not a problem at all the room stays dark all the time, maybe the light goes on in the room 5 minutes in a month, also it stays the same temperature as the rest of the house.