Ann Coulter: government employee scams [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ann Coulter: government employee scams

Acujeff
05-16-2012, 19:00
The real class warfare in this country isn't rich vs. poor, it's government employees vs. we, the taxpayers, who pay their salaries.

When government employees mobbed the state capitol in Wisconsin last year, the upside was: They got to bully people. The downside: Voters finally found out what these public servants were being paid.

Full column:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=51548

Naelbis
05-16-2012, 19:12
Lots of isolated instances being presented as the norm in that article...which starts of bad enough by basically calling us all lazy bastages who can't be fired.

Cavalry Doc
05-16-2012, 19:14
I can tell you that the leadership in some places manipulate reports to say something they know is dishonest, to get larger bonuses. It's happening. There is corruption in the system.

Ruble Noon
05-16-2012, 19:43
I can tell you that the leadership in some places manipulate reports to say something they know is dishonest, to get larger bonuses. It's happening. There is corruption in the system.

Yes there is. Stimulus funds that were used to bail out government pension funds and now the money that the banks were shaken down for over home loans is being used for the same.

certifiedfunds
05-16-2012, 23:01

It would be a mistake not to believe this happens at ALL levels in government.

juggy4711
05-16-2012, 23:04
Lots of isolated instances being presented as the norm in that article...which starts of bad enough by basically calling us all lazy bastages who can't be fired.

It is not a matter of being lazy, at least not for me. The issue is whether or not government employees are serving a function allowed by the COTUS. If one works for the BATFE, I could care less if they lose their job. Same for the DEA, the DoE, EPA, so on and so forth.

certifiedfunds
05-16-2012, 23:07
edited

Mister_Beefy
05-16-2012, 23:32
It is not a matter of being lazy, at least not for me. The issue is whether or not government employees are serving a function allowed by the COTUS. If one works for the BATFE, I could care less if they lose their job. Same for the DEA, the DoE, EPA, so on and so forth.

yup, I've known lots of people that lived very well and played with very expensive toys thanks to their government gravy train.

were it in my power, a lot of people would be out of work.

Naelbis
05-17-2012, 04:24
And yet the examples in the article are all from the State and Local level, none of which would be covered by the COTUS. Honestly there is very little overpayment going on at the line level in your average government agency, all the lavish salaries and outlandish benefits tend to be at the upper administration level. I am a county employee and I am perfectly willing to share every detail of my compensation package if anyone wants it since it is all public record.

CAcop
05-17-2012, 05:17
And yet the examples in the article are all from the State and Local level, none of which would be covered by the COTUS. Honestly there is very little overpayment going on at the line level in your average government agency, all the lavish salaries and outlandish benefits tend to be at the upper administration level. I am a county employee and I am perfectly willing to share every detail of my compensation package if anyone wants it since it is all public record.

Around here they print our pay in the paper every year. It backfires because now we now what other cities pay their officers and can use it during negotiations. Before they had deniability.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

wprebeck
05-17-2012, 23:33
You guys just haven't realized the problem yet:

Government employees should be highly trained individuals whose sole purpose in life is to kiss the ass of Joe Taxpayer. Further, said ass-kissing should be done on a salary that makes a teenage McDonalds employee feel sympathy for the government employee. Also, any benefits like health insurance, vacation, sick leave, or pension shouldn't even exist

We're all corrupt dummies who can't get a job anywhere else, and lust for the chance to violate someone's rights. We provide no valid function in life, and only serve as parasites on the "honest" citizens of this country.

At least, that's what I've learned on GT.

wprebeck
05-17-2012, 23:37
I'd also like to add that I do a job that almost everyone participating in this thread wouldn't do. And I do it for a salary that elitists like CF wouldnt dream of. I will finally, with this new contract, reach the $20/hr mark after 12 years of service. I haven't had a raise in three years, yet gas alone has jumped well over what little pay raise I'm getting in a couple of weeks.

And for all that, I deal with vile scum, that 99% of the people in here would cross the street if they encountered them in real life. Further, some of you think turning over incarceration of prisoners to a for-profit company is a BETTER option. This says how little they know about private jails and prisons, that's for sure.

barbedwiresmile
05-18-2012, 03:58
Further, some of you think turning over incarceration of prisoners to a for-profit company is a BETTER option. This says how little they know about private jails and prisons, that's for sure.

You and I have disagreed on many subjects in the past. But when we agree, it tends to be all-in. I agree with the statement above "all-in".

Privately operated prisons within our system of government is an unmitigated disaster. And terribly dangerous to our liberties, such as they are.

Brucev
05-18-2012, 06:50
"I agree with the statement above 'all-in.'

Privately operated prisons within our system of government is an unmitigated disaster. And terribly dangerous to our liberties, such as they are."

Happily... 100% agree. Not possible to say it any better.

Mister_Beefy
05-19-2012, 14:18
I'd also like to add that I do a job that almost everyone participating in this thread wouldn't do. And I do it for a salary that elitists like CF wouldnt dream of. I will finally, with this new contract, reach the $20/hr mark after 12 years of service. I haven't had a raise in three years, yet gas alone has jumped well over what little pay raise I'm getting in a couple of weeks.

And for all that, I deal with vile scum, that 99% of the people in here would cross the street if they encountered them in real life. Further, some of you think turning over incarceration of prisoners to a for-profit company is a BETTER option. This says how little they know about private jails and prisons, that's for sure.

I too agree with the part in bold.

However the rest is just whiny complaining.

wprebeck
05-19-2012, 17:54
You and I have disagreed on many subjects in the past. But when we agree, it tends to be all-in. I agree with the statement above "all-in".

Privately operated prisons within our system of government is an unmitigated disaster. And terribly dangerous to our liberties, such as they are.

I would suspect, from our past conversations, we agree on more than we don't. The disagreements usually arent with general principles, butnwith the details. More and more, I wish the government would stay outta my business, except for the check I earn from them at work.

certifiedfunds
05-19-2012, 19:36
I would suspect, from our past conversations, we agree on more than we don't. The disagreements usually arent with general principles, butnwith the details. More and more, I wish the government would stay outta my business, except for the check I earn from them at work.

I really don't know what to say.......

gwalchmai
05-20-2012, 05:39
government employees vs. we, the taxpayersShould be "us, the taxpayers". Just sayin'.

But otherwise her column is spot-on!

GRIMLET
05-20-2012, 06:32
That's right. That guy paving the road is the enemy. The clerk at the phone bank at a government agency is against you. The cop who stopped the drunk driver in your neighborhood last night is the downfall of the nation.
Get real! Most every government employee you deal with are working stiffs like you. The pay is ok but not great. We pay 9.3% of our salary towards our retirement in my state. That's a 50% after 30 years now for new hires. Yes we have sick leave and vacation. You do too. Health insurance? Expensive. Very expensive. The state gives raises by juking the insurance benefits. More pay=crappyer insurance.
Is there waste in government? Probably so. Find it and address it.
The everyday government employee isn't the bad guy.

cowboywannabe
05-20-2012, 06:50
yup, I've known lots of people that lived very well and played with very expensive toys thanks to their government gravy train.

were it in my power, a lot of people would be out of work.

that sounds like obama. :rofl::rofl: