glock 26 vs glock 27 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : glock 26 vs glock 27

hmbleservant
05-16-2012, 21:38
I know that there is not a wrong answer here, but I would appreciate your perspective...

When it comes to stopping a threat ASAP...Is the G26 "more shootable" enough to justify giving up the slight "stopping power" advantage of the G27?

To put it simply...If you, Mas, had an attacker charging you from some distance would you rather have a G26 loaded with 127 +p+ T-series or G27 loaded with 165 T-Series in your hands?

I'm trying to gain perspective on how to weigh accuracy/speed vs "stopping power".

I understand that hits on target is priority, but I am assuming that the shooter would be slower getting hits on target with the g27 due to the increase in recoil/muzzle flip. How much slower?...you would know better than me. You would also know better than me how much faster the .40 cal stops the threat when compared to the 9mm.

ughhh...if only I was as articulate as you :) sorry about the long question.

Thanks again for your time!

Mas Ayoob
05-17-2012, 04:10
Between those loads, it's gonna be a coin toss. With a strong hold, I've found personally that speed of delivery and hit zone will be about the same in close, and the recoil doesn't start to expand cone of dispersal with the .40 until distance increases. However, that varies shooter to shooter.

Because so much of "stopping power" is in the mind and body of the assailant and beyond our control, your question is one to which we'll never have a hard and fast answer beforehand, I'm afraid.

best,
Mas