Long Tom Pocket Rocket G27 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Long Tom Pocket Rocket G27

FrankP
05-17-2012, 11:04
Mas: I respect your experienced opinions greatly. Thus, I ask for your insights on longer barrels in the pocket rockets. For example, I just ordered a G32 357 Sig (4 inch) barrel for my G27 (3 1/2 inch .40 S& W). I decided to try the 357 Sig and decided to pick up ~ 50 f/sec velocity while I was at it. The barrel protrudes ~ 1/2 inch farther but does not seem to be a problem. Beside the velocity gain I expect to gain from the bottleneck cartridge feeding ease and slight recoil/blast reduction.

Mas Ayoob
05-17-2012, 12:01
I don't see a problem with a longer barrel extending from a Glock slide, except that it may require a new holster. The gun so fitted won't go properly into a gun made for its original barrel length if the bottom of the holster is closed, and if the bottom of the holster is open, you might find the hot exposed barrel part uncomfortable if it touches your butt or leg after some fast and furious shooting.

The longer barrel will probably take "the pocket rocket" out of the pocket for this reason, ditto the ankle holster.

best,
Mas