Trayvon Martin had THC in his body the night he died. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trayvon Martin had THC in his body the night he died.

stormspotter
05-17-2012, 16:44
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/5/17/zimmerman_discovery_.html

Brucev
05-17-2012, 16:47
At this very moment countless millions of young adults have THC in their bodies. At this moment countless millions of adults have THC in their bodies. Is someone planning on charging a dead man with a misdemeanor?

vafish
05-17-2012, 16:51
At this very moment countless millions of young adults have THC in their bodies. At this moment countless millions of adults have THC in their bodies. Is someone planning on charging a dead man with a misdemeanor?

Well it does explain why he was out buying skittles.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

RustyShackelford
05-17-2012, 16:54
Duh, so what. What about the killer? It's too bad he was let off the hook for such things.

Also, the fact there was THC in system in no way means the killed teen was guilty of anything. Other than being in the right place at the wrong time.

Glocksanity
05-17-2012, 16:56
Pot makes people paranoid. When people get paranoid, they do stupid things.

KennyFSU
05-17-2012, 16:57
It also shows a glimpse of his character, or lack thereof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

concretefuzzynuts
05-17-2012, 16:58

I expect this from you Bruce, but what about the pictures of Zimmermans injuries? And the eye witness accounts mentioned?

RustyShackelford
05-17-2012, 16:59
Pot makes people paranoid. When people get paranoid, they do stupid things.

Like 'patrol' the streets and 'confront' persons of interest*?

*interest is in the eye of the beholder

TX expat
05-17-2012, 17:00

I wonder if you'd be so blasé if it were Zimmerman's blood that they found the THC in...

hogfish
05-17-2012, 17:25
I expect this from you Bruce, but what about the pictures of Zimmermans injuries? And the eye witness accounts mentioned?

Not Bruce, but...It means, although Trayvon had traces of THC in him, he wasn't stoned at the time of the encounter. Otherwise, things would have been 'cool'. :smoking:
:cool:
:supergrin:
:rollsmiley::grouphug::)

JBnTX
05-17-2012, 17:31
THC and a high level of lead.

Kingarthurhk
05-17-2012, 17:38
Duh, so what. What about the killer? It's too bad he was let off the hook for such things.

Also, the fact there was THC in system in no way means the killed teen was guilty of anything. Other than being in the right place at the wrong time.

Well, there was the whole ambushing a guy, pinning him to the concrete and beating him thing. But, whose paying attention to that?:upeyes:

4TS&W
05-17-2012, 17:45
Like 'patrol' the streets and 'confront' persons of interest*?

*interest is in the eye of the beholder

Neighborhood burglaries also make people paranoid, except it is justified paranoia.. unlike with pot. :cool:

Goaltender66
05-17-2012, 17:47

In the 911 call, Zimmerman thought Martin was acting as though he was on drugs. Seems that this is another development that supports Zimmerman's assessment at the time.

concretefuzzynuts
05-17-2012, 17:51
In the 911 call, Zimmerman thought Martin was acting as though he was on drugs. Seems that this is another development that supports Zimmerman's assessment at the time.

Hmmmm... you're pretty sharp.

G19G20
05-17-2012, 17:54
THC stays in one's body for up to 30 days after smoking or ingesting cannabis. The implication is that he was high at the time of the incident but that's pure speculation. It only proves that he enjoyed weed like many millions of other Americans of all races and socio-economic backgrounds.

ken grant
05-17-2012, 17:55
Zimmerman on ground and Martin on top beating him via Eye witness.

Zimmerman yelling for help seems to mean he didn't want to shoot Martin.

concretefuzzynuts
05-17-2012, 18:04

That and, "Another witness says he heard someone say "I've got a gun, I've got a gun," and "take my gun from me"". If this is true and the fact that George said Trayvon saw his gun, indicates he was trying to get the gun out of the situation.

Snowman92D
05-17-2012, 18:05
The THC in Trayvon's system proves beyond all doubt that he never assaulted Zimmerman. People who smoke dope are very creative, mellow and never engage in confrontational or violent acts of any kind. :smoking:

RustyShackelford
05-17-2012, 18:08

Oh yeah. He was mad with drugs. That boy (his gender, not 'race') had Reefer Madness!!

http://stumblingtongues.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/reefer-madness1.jpg

:upeyes:

cowboy1964
05-17-2012, 18:20
All the evidence is supporting Zimmerman so far it appears. Murder Two should never have been brought. This prosecutor is an idiot. When I agree with Alan Dershowitz you know something is up!

LASTRESORT20
05-17-2012, 18:37

No....it helped make him 'Proud' and tough...and deceide to come back and approach Zimmerman as he was walking back to his car.....Then it helped him deceide to throw a "Sukaa" Punch and start bashing Zimmerman's head...:upeyes:

ChuteTheMall
05-17-2012, 18:59
If that thug wasn't a pothead he would have still been in school instead of prowling around stoned with his skittles, stalking and attacking the neighborhood watch in the rain.

Nemesis.
05-17-2012, 19:10
If that thug wasn't a pothead he would have still been in school instead of prowling around stoned with his skittles, stalking and attacking the neighborhood watch in the rain.

Funny how the trayvon cheering squad ignores the obvious.

callihan_44
05-17-2012, 19:11
after reading the evidence about the only thing I can see that will nail him to the cross is the fact they told him not to pursue him...of course we still dont know the entire story

Just1More
05-17-2012, 19:17
Tough luck GT libs. Zimmerman's going to walk....if it even gets to trial. If you get caught up in the riots, just tell them who you voted for. Good luck.

NDCent
05-17-2012, 19:18
I can hear it now... If he was in pursuit, he must not shoot.

QNman
05-17-2012, 19:21
Meh. If it was crack or meth, that's a story. And I'm not a "drug guy".

There's still the whole "trial by jury" thing to do...time will tell.

FLIPPER 348
05-17-2012, 19:24
I expect this from you Bruce, but what about the pictures of Zimmermans injuries? A

If Zimmerman would not have confronted an unarmed man he would not have had the injuries and had to defend his life by killing someone.

JK-linux
05-17-2012, 19:29

Mister_Beefy
05-17-2012, 19:37
If Zimmerman would not have confronted an unarmed man he would not have had the injuries and had to defend his life by killing someone.

and how do we know zimmerman confronted him?

is it not possible that martin saw he was being followed and then confronted him in a "people that annoy you" moment?

concretefuzzynuts
05-17-2012, 19:42

Define confronted.

To my knowledge, it is not illegal to follow a suspicious person in your neighborhood while on the phone with 911. How did George know Trayvon was unarmed? For all we know he is telling the truth and was getting an address to tell the police where he was.

Granted maybe he shouldn't have gotten out of his vehicle but that gives Trayvon the right to beat his head into the concrete?

ModGlock17
05-17-2012, 19:46

is it not possible that martin saw he was being followed and then confronted him in a "people that annoy you" moment?

When I am 5'8", I just don't confront 6'3" guys.

People can get shot with their own gun if a more dominant person get at them.

QNman
05-17-2012, 19:48

Do you know something MSNBC doesn't? I believe the "confronts" part to be speculation at this stage.

Anyone here ever been on a jury? Ever decided innocence or guilt before the evidence was presented?

countrygun
05-17-2012, 19:53

IF you understand the word "confront" please show me proof that Zimmerman "confronted" Martin. In the phone recording Zimmerman said he didn't want to give his home address because he "Didn't know where he (Martin) was" How do you "confront" someone if you don't know where he is? However Martin knew where Zimmerman was. Seems as though Martin was the one in a position to initiate a "confrontation".

FLIPPER 348
05-17-2012, 19:53

the 911 recording

G29Reload
05-17-2012, 19:58

No, but it does explain impaired judgement. and other culpability.

QNman
05-17-2012, 19:59
the 911 recording

Excellent! Please show us the part of the 911 tape the media missed.

G29Reload
05-17-2012, 20:00
Forensic analysis of the tape and an admission of Martin's father has concluded it was Zimmerman yelling for help and not the skittle muncher.

NOw we've got THC in skittle's brian…high as a kite. Thats why he went to the 7-11…munchies. Thirsty.

Acting strange no doubt..no wonder Z called it in.

FLIPPER 348
05-17-2012, 20:07
Excellent! Please show us the part of the 911 tape the media missed.

....yawn

He went beyond he 'role' as a neighborhood watch and is recorded as doing so. His own words will define his actions and condemn him.

countrygun
05-17-2012, 20:12
the 911 recording

The one where Zimmerman says "I don't know where he is"?

Yah, that proves your case:upeyes:

DOC44
05-17-2012, 20:12

How do you know Zimmerman confronted Martin?

Doc44

coastal4974
05-17-2012, 20:14
Tells us more about Zimmerman’s attacker.

countrygun
05-17-2012, 20:15
....yawn

He went beyond he 'role' as a neighborhood watch and is recorded as doing so. His own words will define his actions and condemn him.

You mean when the call taker said "we don't need you to do that" and he replies " ah,OK"?

Is that your idea of "Damning" evidence? Really?

samurairabbi
05-17-2012, 20:15
Your comment would have been entirely plausible two days after the case hit the headlines. The investigation items released since then are negating much of the PRO-Trayvon aspects of the case. Perhaps the prosecution case may recover; right now, I think the prosecution will be lucky to get even an INvolunary manslaughter verdict.

bobthellama42
05-17-2012, 20:37
THC stays in one's body for up to 30 days after smoking or ingesting cannabis. The implication is that he was high at the time of the incident but that's pure speculation. It only proves that he enjoyed weed like many millions of other Americans of all races and socio-economic backgrounds.

No, not quite. The metabolites of THC remain in the body for 30 days. THC is generally metabolized within a few hours. If it really was THC that was found in his body, then he was actively 'high' at the time of the altercation.

terdog
05-17-2012, 20:40
no way means the killed teen was guilty of anything. Other than being in the right place at the wrong time.

Huh.
I thought that ingesting pot was illegal.

NDCent
05-17-2012, 21:01
Now I remember why I've been missing these TM & GZ threads. :popcorn:

stevelyn
05-17-2012, 21:10
the 911 recording

Oh, you mean the 911 recordings that the lamestream propaganda cartels manipulated and creatively edited? :upeyes:

Or are talking about the untouched, unaltered copies that are in the evidence room and possession of the DA that no one has access to outside the police and courts?

Just1More
05-17-2012, 21:45
....yawn

Your arguments are pointless now, Flipper. Everything the media reported has been false. It's time to come to your senses.

samurairabbi
05-17-2012, 22:01
Your arguments are pointless now, Flipper. Everything the media reported has been false. It's time to come to your senses.

Permit me to rephrase this post:

Events have rendered, and continue to render, your arguments without foundation. Everything the media reported IN THE FIRST FOUR DAYS of coverage has been demonstrably negated. It's time to recognize that your current advocacy has been demonstrated to be unfounded.

Fred Hansen
05-17-2012, 22:51
Hmmm... T-Ray whacked while on the chronic...

Imagine my surprise. Adios T-Ray! :wavey:

TBO
05-17-2012, 22:54
On thing you can say about this incident...

...he smoked 'em.

CAcop
05-17-2012, 23:11
No, not quite. The metabolites of THC remain in the body for 30 days. THC is generally metabolized within a few hours. If it really was THC that was found in his body, then he was actively 'high' at the time of the altercation.

It also depends on if it is blood, urine, or hair.

countrygun
05-17-2012, 23:11
Permit me to rephrase this post:

Events have rendered, and continue to render, your arguments without foundation. Everything the media reported IN THE FIRST FOUR DAYS of coverage has been demonstrably negated. It's time to recognize that your current advocacy has been demonstrated to be unfounded.

Indubedibly

wprebeck
05-17-2012, 23:41

Maybe on a hair follicle test...but it sure as hell ain't in urine or blood for 30 days.

hogfish
05-18-2012, 04:34
Maybe on a hair follicle test...but it sure as hell ain't in urine or blood for 30 days.

25 years ago we were told (military) that it could be detected for up to 30 days in a piss test. Do you know for sure it won't, or is this scuttlebutt/hear-say?

Thanks.

DOC44
05-18-2012, 05:03
25 years ago we were told (military) that it could be detected for up to 30 days in a piss test. Do you know for sure it won't, or is this scuttlebutt/hear-say?

Thanks.

up to 13 days for ocassional smoker... heavy regular puffers ... maybe up to 50 to 90 days after stopping.

Doc44

Goaltender66
05-18-2012, 06:08
On thing you can say about this incident...

...he smoked 'em.

Wasn't CSI: Miami cancelled? :tongueout:

Cavalry Doc
05-18-2012, 06:27
Seems to me, all of us are missing hard evidence of who was confronted, who initiated conversation, and who initiated violence under what conditions. If GZ drew his gun before the first punch, that would be significant. If he drew it after he sustained head injuries from a guy that didn't act like he was going to stop, that's an entirely different story.

The situation is what it is. I hope the right thing happens. If GZ is innocent, he's going to have a hard time supporting his family. I hope he sues the nuts off of the "news" outlets that edited the 911 tape in an obviously malicious way.

If he's guilty, he should be in prison.

Time will tell.

Brucev
05-18-2012, 06:28

So... the shooter is now qualified to do a drug assessment... by sight only... while following the BMW... but with no verbal interaction, etc.? Really? Or... rather... the shooter makes his own assumption based on his own (dare anyone say it) prejudice? Which is it? The shooter would have to be a very skilled informed person to make such a carefully distinction based on nothing more than having seen a BMW w/ candy and a cold drink. Perhaps it was the sweatshirt that was the clue.

Brucev
05-18-2012, 06:31

If he didn't want to shoot Martin, then he shouldn't have shot Martin. He should have stayed in his car exactly as he was told to do by 911 and waited for the police to arrive and deal with the BMW w/ candy and a drink. Result would be that he would not have killed a innocent man.

Brucev
05-18-2012, 06:34
That and, "Another witness says he heard someone say "I've got a gun, I've got a gun," and "take my gun from me"". If this is true and the fact that George said Trayvon saw his gun, indicates he was trying to get the gun out of the situation.

So... the shooter carries a cw. The shooter stalks and confronts the BMW. The shooter get the short end of the stick in the altercation that follows. He claims he is the one attacked by the BMW. The BMW didn't force him out of the car and stalk him. In the midst of the altercation, the shooter is supposed to be trying to "get the gun out of the situation." That is believable.... why? On what basis? Given that he then used his cw to kill the BMW, how can anyone argue he was trying to "get the gun out of the situation?"

certifiedfunds
05-18-2012, 06:35
I don't believe it. Martin had Skittles, not Funions.

Moreover, the weed doesn't make one violent. Quite the contrary. It can, however, make one paranoid. I can see where paranoia could have contributed to this.

certifiedfunds
05-18-2012, 06:35
So... the shooter carries a cw. The shooter stalks and confronts the BMW. The shooter get the short end of the stick in the altercation that follows. He claims he is the one attacked by the BMW. The BMW didn't force him out of the car and stalk him. In the midst of the altercation, the shooter is supposed to be trying to "get the gun out of the situation." That is believable.... why? On what basis? Given that he then used his cw to kill the BMW, how can anyone argue he was trying to "get the gun out of the situation?"

Zimmerman was driving a BMW?

Brucev
05-18-2012, 06:38
No....it helped make him 'Proud' and tough...and deceide to come back and approach Zimmerman as he was walking back to his car.....Then it helped him deceide to throw a "Sukaa" Punch and start bashing Zimmerman's head...:upeyes:

Ah... now we have it! The BMW was "proud" and "tough." The shooter was just an innocent stalker who innocently choose to get out of his car and search for the BMW while carrying a cw... and initiate a confrontation (remember... only the shooter says he did not start the confrontation... and his word is suspect simply because what he says serves only his own interest)... then kills the BMW because he finds himself on the loosing end of that confrontation. Got it. Yep. After all... got to find some way to excuse a the shooter. Otherwise not good for cc, 2nd Amendment, etc.

Brucev
05-18-2012, 06:43

What has that got to do with what was written? Is it open season on people who use weed... or is it just open season on BMW home armed with candy and a cold drink?

Brucev
05-18-2012, 06:44
I wonder if you'd be so blasé if it were Zimmerman's blood that they found the THC in...

Would you be so concerned if it was the shooter's blood in which THC was found?

Lethaltxn
05-18-2012, 06:50

Yes. Way to not answer the question.
Classic lib misdirection. Answer a question with a question.

concretefuzzynuts
05-18-2012, 07:22
What has that got to do with what was written? Is it open season on people who use weed... or is it just open season on BMW home armed with candy and a cold drink?

You lack common sense and consistently stir the race pot. So far in many of your posts in regard to this shooting, you bring race up more than anyone else. Do a search of your posts, you'll see I'm right.

You also return to disputed facts and spun hype by the media to defend your point of view.

aircarver
05-18-2012, 07:30
You lack common sense and consistently stir the race pot. So far in many of your posts in regard to this shooting, you bring race up more than anyone else. Do a search of your posts, you'll see I'm right.

You also return to disputed facts and spun hype by the media to defend your point of view.

He is unlikely to see how he discredits himself with his own posts .... :upeyes:

Ruble Noon
05-18-2012, 07:31
I don't believe it. Martin had Skittles, not Funions.

Moreover, the weed doesn't make one violent. Quite the contrary. It can, however, make one paranoid. I can see where paranoia could have contributed to this.

I wouldn't know as I've never messed with the stuff. However, I was accosted by a dope smoker at a party one night who claimed that I was the white devil and he was going to kill me. :upeyes:
I told him that I was indeed the white devil and I was there to claim his soul. Furthermore, I explained to him that a mere mortal couldn't kill the white devil but being the generous white devil that I was I would let him enjoy his last night of drink, smoke and the ladies. Thankfully he accepted my hospitality because that dude was huge.

Cavalry Doc
05-18-2012, 07:49

Zimmerman is also not a psychic. It would be reasonable to assume that if he knew then what he knows now, he would have stayed in his vehicle. Hindsight is 20/20. If he was trying to get an address, that's a benign decision at that moment. If he left the vehicle with the intent to track down and shoot the young man, that would be different, but I haven't seen, read or heard anything that supports that assumption,other than what was assumed by some uninformed nincompoops is the media and proffessional race baiters.

Cavalry Doc
05-18-2012, 07:55

What evidence did you use to conclude Zimmerman confronted Martin?

TX expat
05-18-2012, 08:08

Please show me which post I show any concern for what TM had in his blood.

Seriously, your obvious bias is pretty humorous. Do you come here just to troll and argue your MSNBC talking points or do you really have some genuine interest in the truth? Because pretty much all I've read from you has been conjecture, rhetoric and more of the same misinformation that blew this incident so out of proportion in the first place. You conveniently overlook what doesn't work with your "idea" on what happened and you fill each post with so much inflammatory rhetoric (most of it baseless) that you have no more credibility than an OpEd piece in The Daily Kos.

Gundude
05-18-2012, 08:43
When I am 5'8", I just don't confront 6'3" guys.

People can get shot with their own gun if a more dominant person get at them.I guess while cherry-picking through the new evidence, most have decided to ignore that the autopsy shows him to be 5 feet 11 inches and 158 pounds.

redbaron007
05-18-2012, 08:48
IIRC, while working for another company we did drug testing. We had basically two reports sent to the managers; one indicated a previous use and the other showed a recent use with lingering influence. The latter were usually suspended, since they were at work under the influence. It would be interesting to know more details about the level discovered in the blood; or a doctor (not an interweb grageate) provide a little more insight.

:wavey:

red

redbaron007
05-18-2012, 08:50
I guess while cherry-picking through the new evidence, most have decided to ignore that the autopsy shows him to be 5 feet 11 inches and 158 pounds.

Quit using facts to discount the drama! :tongueout:

red

TX expat
05-18-2012, 10:17
I guess while cherry-picking through the new evidence, most have decided to ignore that the autopsy shows him to be 5 feet 11 inches and 158 pounds.

Most people probably haven't paid much attention to it because it was the Martin Family that first reported Trevon's height as 6'3". Typically you'd expect family to have an accurate idea of a physical description. It just goes to show you how inaccuracies take on a life of their own though.

The report listed the height and weight of every person, including the 911 callers. The only person whose size is not noted is Zimmerman. At 5-foot-9, Zimmerman was much shorter but heavier than Trayvon. The report listed Trayvon at 6 foot and 160 pounds, though his family said he was actually 6-foot-3 and weighed at most 150 pounds.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/31/2725442_p4/what-is-known-what-isnt-about.html#storylink=cpy

engineer151515
05-18-2012, 10:34
It's gonna be a mess when the shooter is cleared in a self defense shooting.

Just reading this thread alone points to the unreasoned outrage to come.

cowboy1964
05-18-2012, 10:46
It appears the prosecution is getting beat up so badly on all this evidence that now they are claiming that the shooting could have been avoided if Zimmerman had just stayed in his vehicle. Unbelievable. So now just getting out of your vehicle justifies getting attacked? I guess like that white newspaper couple in Norfolk.

void *
05-18-2012, 11:10
now they are claiming that the shooting could have been avoided if Zimmerman had just stayed in his vehicle.

While strictly true, that argument strikes me as something along the lines of "You could have avoided that home invasion by not buying a house".

(Note here that I am not claiming anything about the case, either way).

RustyShackelford
05-18-2012, 11:27
Zimmerman:

step one: initiate altercation with teenage boy
step two: shoot him when he fights back
step three: claim self defense

I can't believe that no one has brought up the fact the teen had a watermelon flavored tea, amiright? Might as well have bought some chicken there, too.

TX expat
05-18-2012, 11:31
While strictly true, that argument strikes me as something along the lines of "You could have avoided that home invasion by not buying a house".

(Note here that I am not claiming anything about the case, either way).

Very true and I think by the end of this even "Special Prosecutor" Corey will be out of tricks and will ultimately be the one with her pants down, so to speak. It'll be interesting to see if she has a career after this, given the possibility that the entire thing will get tossed by a judge before it ever goes to trial. Everybody loves a ballsy prosecutor, but nobody loves a reckless prosecutor.

She, from what I know of her, is known for her sometimes over vigilant prosecution and while I'm normally behind anyone who is tough on crime, she sometimes seems to take a dubious view on who the victim is.

rhikdavis
05-18-2012, 11:44
I can't believe that no one has brought up the fact the teen had a watermelon flavored tea, amiright? Might as well have bought some chicken there, too.

I bet he didnt have a receipt!!!

cowboy1964
05-18-2012, 11:44
Zimmerman:

Nice story. i didn't realize simply returning to your vehicle constitutes initiating an altercation.

TX expat
05-18-2012, 11:47
Zimmerman:

I love it! When all else is lost, the cry of racism gets used to trump fact.

fortyofforty
05-18-2012, 11:48
Nice story. i didn't realize simply returning to your vehicle constitutes initiating an altercation.

That's OK. You probably also didn't realize that someone physically attacking someone was "fight[ing] back" either. :supergrin:

RustyShackelford
05-18-2012, 11:54

Ok, I'll bite. What do you mean 'returning to your vehicle'? Is that what Zimmerman did? And then then teen that was previously being stalked/chased came up to Z's car and pulled him from it? Then attacked Z? Is that how it all went down? There are some crime-scene photos you might check out...

That's OK. You probably also didn't realize that someone physically attacking someone was "fight[ing] back" either. :supergrin:

It might surprise you that Trayvon was the one "standing his ground" and his attacker pulled out his "upper hand" as he was now losing the fight.

BOOM!!

The whole thing stinks, but was instigated by the overzealous neighborhood watch guru.

Lethaltxn
05-18-2012, 11:55

http://img.tapatalk.com/417c5e0a-8d08-ce94.jpg

Lethaltxn
05-18-2012, 11:56
Zimmerman:

You should tell your eyewitness account to the authorities.

cowboy1964
05-18-2012, 11:56

Might as well have been wearing a hoody with the hood up too... in Florida. Oh wait, he was.

countrygun
05-18-2012, 11:59
Zimmerman:

Seems as though someone is preoccupied with race.

Oh, and likes to create colorful new meanings to words an phrases like, "Initiate" and "fights back"

So let me get this straight, in your world if you don't like what some one is doing, even though they are doing nothing illegal, you can physically assault them and claim you are "fighting back" ? nice world you live in.

eracer
05-18-2012, 12:01
No, not quite. The metabolites of THC remain in the body for 30 days. THC is generally metabolized within a few hours. If it really was THC that was found in his body, then he was actively 'high' at the time of the altercation.The media reported that the autopsy found THC. Wanna bet the autopsy found THC-COOH-glucuronide (and other metabolites) instead? Do you think the media can be bothered with details like that?

Anybody wanna bet that the levels of THC metabolites won't even be entered into evidence at the trial? Not because of bias, but because neither side would benefit from that evidence.

RustyShackelford
05-18-2012, 12:04

http://img.tapatalk.com/417c5e0a-8d08-ce94.jpg

I never called someone a racist. I thought it was odd/funny to not have been mentioned. LOL

Might as well have been wearing a hoody with the hood up too... in Florida. Oh wait, he was.

This handy link might help explain both hoods and their use in rain (or any form of precip; but Floriduh sees mostly rain) if you were being serious. Or just making an implication about the dead teen.

Will a hood protect my head from rain? (http://help.berghaus.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/407/~/what-are-the-benefits-of-hoods%3F)

countrygun
05-18-2012, 12:14
The media reported that the autopsy found THC. Wanna bet the autopsy found THC-COOH-glucuronide (and other metabolites) instead? Do you think the media can be bothered with details like that?

Anybody wanna bet that the levels of THC metabolites won't even be entered into evidence at the trial? Not because of bias, but because neither side would benefit from that evidence.

I'll take a piece of that bet, depending on the actual, level and metabolite. It would be of benefit if it can imply that Zimmerman was correct when he said "looks like he's on drugs or something" to the 911 call taker.

TX expat
05-18-2012, 12:19
I never called someone a racist. I thought it was odd/funny to not have been mentioned. LOL

No of course you didn't; you just implied it... Which is obviously very different.

eracer
05-18-2012, 12:36
I'll take a piece of that bet, depending on the actual, level and metabolite. It would be of benefit if it can imply that Zimmerman was correct when he said "looks like he's on drugs or something" to the 911 call taker.I'm basing my bet on there being no intoxicating levels of THC in his blood. THC metabolites maybe, but no intoxicating (read: evidentially (SP?)) significant levels of THC.

1.5 nL/mg. is what they found in the chest blood.
300 nL/mg is typically found after smoking, and 10 n/L can be found 3-4 hours after smoking.

He might have been a pothead, but he wasn't high at the time of his death.

ModGlock17
05-18-2012, 12:41
Most people probably haven't paid much attention to it because it was the Martin Family that first reported Trevon's height as 6'3". Typically you'd expect family to have an accurate idea of a physical description. It just goes to show you how inaccuracies take on a life of their own though.

What? This is unbelievable. The Trayvon family gave false information ? :upeyes: Most families don't measure their star football players on high heels. (I suppose we won't know about one's real birth certificate for awhile.)

You folks are fun, making a lively board, good for advertisements. Don't take things too seriously. :cool:

countrygun
05-18-2012, 12:53
It might surprise you that Trayvon was the one "standing his ground" and his attacker pulled out his "upper hand" as he was now losing the fight.

BOOM!!

The whole thing stinks, but was instigated by the overzealous neighborhood watch guru.

C'mon why don't you just tell us "there was a klansman on the grassy knoll with a sniper pistol and it was all planned with the help of the mob and the shooter escaped to Area 51"?

concretefuzzynuts
05-18-2012, 13:03
More

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/18/trayvon-martin-surveillance-video-zimmerman?newsfeed=true

fortyofforty
05-18-2012, 14:01

BOOM!!

So, if Zimmerman was trying to return to his vehicle, and Martin had circled around and now stood between the HMW and his vehicle, and Martin threw the first punch, "Trayvon was the one 'standing his ground'"? Interesting viewpoint. Disconnected from reality and from the law, but interesting nonetheless.

RustyShackelford
05-18-2012, 15:04
C'mon why don't you just tell us "there was a klansman on the grassy knoll with a sniper pistol and it was all planned with the help of the mob and the shooter escaped to Area 51"?

As far as anyone knows (or believes, really) the only gunman was the man named Zimmerman. And while several people who knew him before this engagement described him as a 'bully and racist' I cannot in good faith decry him a Klansman. But he sure seemed tired of the blacks b&e around his area. But you knew that.

So, if Zimmerman was trying to return to his vehicle, and Martin had circled around and now stood between the HMW and his vehicle, and Martin threw the first punch, "Trayvon was the one 'standing his ground'"? Interesting viewpoint. Disconnected from reality and from the law, but interesting nonetheless.

So that's what happened? Z returned to his car/truck at the request of the dispatcher and the deceased came around to remedy a beating to him (Z)? Seems highly unlikely that Martin would have been killed in the location that he was. That's why I roundly doubt it.

Lethaltxn
05-18-2012, 15:09
So that's what happened? Z returned to his car/truck at the request of the dispatcher and the deceased came around to remedy a beating to him (Z)? Seems highly unlikely that Martin would have been killed in the location that he was. That's why I roundly doubt it.

Why is his account any worse than yours?

All you and others have done is parrot what the MSM has been telling you.
And you all swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Gundude
05-18-2012, 15:10
What? This is unbelievable. The Trayvon family gave false information ? :upeyes: Most families don't measure their star football players on high heels. (I suppose we won't know about one's real birth certificate for awhile.)We don't even know the family said this. A newspaper reported the family said this, but I never saw any quote attributed to a specific person.

countrygun
05-18-2012, 15:16
As far as anyone knows (or believes, really) the only gunman was the man named Zimmerman. And while several people who knew him before this engagement described him as a 'bully and racist' I cannot in good faith decry him a Klansman. But he sure seemed tired of the blacks b&e around his area. But you knew that.

Uhm yes, Zimmerman is bi-racial himself so he must be a bigot, and yes his former business partner and friend was Black so there is more proof. Are you sure you aren't confusing the statements of politicians ("hunted down like a dog") and twisted media editing of the phone call (He's Black) with reality. according to the unedited call Zimmerman wasn't even sure, initially, if Martin was Black.

Given that the girl Martin was on the phone with said that Martin went looking for Zimmerman, I would say that the you might just be doubting your own description of what actually happened.

ModGlock17
05-18-2012, 15:18
Hoodie'd Trayvon at 7-Eleven... by their security cameras.

http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/31081569/slideshow.html

Definitely not a small fella.

Gundude
05-18-2012, 15:23
Hoodie'd Trayvon at 7-Eleven... by their security cameras.

http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/31081569/slideshow.html

Definitely not a small fella.So we're discounting the ME's measurements now based on some video footage of him standing somewhat nearby a guy whose size we don't know at all?

Maybe if they got a picture of him next to that measuring tape they have stuck to the inside of the doorframe at stop-n-robs, we'd have something...

writwing
05-18-2012, 15:26
The THC in Martins blood does prove one think for certain, he really could have been Obamas son!

Ruble Noon
05-18-2012, 15:28

BOOM!!

So, are you testifying at the trial? It appears that you would be the star witness for the state since you saw the whole altercation.

Lethaltxn
05-18-2012, 15:34
The THC in Martins blood does prove one think for certain, he really could have been Obamas son!

http://img.tapatalk.com/417c5e0a-c07d-bb71.jpg

RustyShackelford
05-18-2012, 15:37
Why is his account any worse than yours?

All you and others have done is parrot what the MSM has been telling you.
And you all swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Well, all the reports come from the media (for now) but seeing is believing. I'm sure someone with your interest in the case has already seen the scene photos.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/17/2804442_p2/law-officers-set-to-release-evidence.html

You can see the body of the dead teen, in it's location.

Given that the girl Martin was on the phone with said that Martin went looking for Zimmerman, I would say that the you might just be doubting your own description of what actually happened.

[Citation needed]

Gundude
05-18-2012, 15:59
Well, all the reports come from the media (for now) but seeing is believing. I'm sure someone with your interest in the case has already seen the scene photos.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/17/2804442_p2/law-officers-set-to-release-evidence.html

You can see the body of the dead teen, in it's location.Not quite as close to Z's vehicle has some would have had us believe, is it?

TX expat
05-18-2012, 16:01

Yeah, or maybe it was one anonymous caller that told the police that GZ was a bully and a racist, so consider the source. Oh wait, it was anonymous...

ModGlock17
05-18-2012, 16:10
So we're discounting the ME's measurements now based on some video footage of him standing somewhat nearby a guy whose size we don't know at all?

Maybe if they got a picture of him next to that measuring tape they have stuck to the inside of the doorframe at stop-n-robs, we'd have something...

Here's some clues for reading the pictures:

Tiles at 7-11's floors are 12" squares (They don't use larger tile at this location). Top of doors to the refrigerators are 6' from the floor (Standard equipment). Top of counter, where he paid, is 3' from the floor. Notice his hoodie's lowest part actually above the counter when he stood next to it.

Clerk's name is Hector Gonzalez. He stands 5'6".

LOL. I'm jiving with you. Relax. :rofl:

concretefuzzynuts
05-18-2012, 16:18
Whole lotta speculating going on. A lot of raised blood pressure, fingers typing so fast words are just stringing together making little sense. We are a divided nation. The Reverend Al Charlatan and Messy Jackson have successfully spread enough hate to blind our eyes to the problems that are ruining our economy, dividing the people and heat up black and white race wars. They are the only two winners out of this mess.

Meanwhile the socialist and chief Obama met with the new Socialist president of France Philippe Poutou of the New Anticapitalist Party. Philippe Poutou said he and our liar and chief share a similar view on how to run our economy. You should be afraid.

RustyShackelford
05-18-2012, 16:20
So, are you testifying at the trial? It appears that you would be the star witness for the state since you saw the whole altercation.

I didn't mean to imply that I witnessed the murder* from my doorstep in Indiana. Sorry if you thought that. I was putting the shoe on the other foot. Why was Martin the aggressor? Are you sure he wasn't standing his ground within the limits of the law? Are you certain?

G19G20
05-18-2012, 16:28

You are technically correct but we both know the media isn't going to dissect the nuances of THC metabolites. Most media articles are written at a 6th grade reading level on purpose, due to the ignorance of the general public. When someone hears "THC" in the system, it means someone has been smoking weed. Whether he was high at the time or had metabolites in his system is speculation.

TX expat
05-18-2012, 16:34
I didn't mean to imply that I witnessed the murder* from my doorstep in Indiana. Sorry if you thought that. I was putting the shoe on the other foot. Why was Martin the aggressor? Are you sure he wasn't standing his ground within the limits of the law? Are you certain?

So based on your 'hypothetical', are you suggesting that GZ attacked TM's knuckles with only head strikes, including the famed reverse head butt or maybe GZ shot him first and TM did all that damage to GZ's face post GSW. Either way, it's an interesting viewpoint, even if there isn't any physical evidence to back it up.

Ruble Noon
05-18-2012, 16:56

There you go again. Was it a murder*? Or was it a justifiable shoot in self defense? I don't know and have never made claims that I do. For all I know they both could have been the aggressor at certain points of this altercation. It is possible that there are no good guys in this situation. Only one person knows the whole truth and a jury will decide if he is telling the truth.

Dalton Wayne
05-18-2012, 17:03
If I had a son he would always have traces of THC in his system :rofl:

fortyofforty
05-18-2012, 17:14

So that's what happened? Martin tried everything in his power to escape the HMW but was unable to do so? Martin tried to run away but the HMW caught up with him and blocked his only avenues of escape? The HMW struck first and started beating up Martin, leaving no apparent injuries save to Martin's knuckles and the gunshot wound? We can play your little game all day long. It brings nothing. So there you go.

Cavalry Doc
05-18-2012, 17:20

You can see the body of the dead teen, in it's location.

[Citation needed]

Did you notice in the store, he kept supporting himself with his hips against the counter?

He seems unsteady. I didn't really consider THC as a contributing factor, but now would like to know whether the level detected was indicative of recent use (a week or so), or current intoxication.

If Trayvon was impaired by drugs at the time of the shooting, it is a factor.

Still, the most important fact, is who initiated conversation, and who initiated physical contact, and why.

There are still crucial facts that are not known.

Not anything to do with this case, but if Zimmerman had pulled the trigger six times, does that make a difference or not. It would be AWESOME to get Masaad Ayoob's opinion on this case.

Cavalry Doc
05-18-2012, 17:22

:dunno:

How's he doing in college? On his way to a lucrative career??

certifiedfunds
05-18-2012, 17:25
I wouldn't know as I've never messed with the stuff. However, I was accosted by a dope smoker at a party one night who claimed that I was the white devil and he was going to kill me. :upeyes:
I told him that I was indeed the white devil and I was there to claim his soul. Furthermore, I explained to him that a mere mortal couldn't kill the white devil but being the generous white devil that I was I would let him enjoy his last night of drink, smoke and the ladies. Thankfully he accepted my hospitality because that dude was huge.

Insane people smoke weed too

countrygun
05-18-2012, 17:26
But he sure seemed tired of the blacks b&e around his area. But you knew that.

You are simply living in your own made up world. You "know" what happened that night, you make claims about "stalking" and "confrontation" in contradiction to facts and the very definition of the words and you even claim to know what "I know" about Zimmerman. Given the fact I've never met or talked to him I have never claimed to know horse dumplings about him.

Dude, you are out there IMO.

hogfish
05-18-2012, 17:57
up to 13 days for ocassional smoker... heavy regular puffers ... maybe up to 50 to 90 days after stopping.

Doc44

Wow! :wow:

Thanks.

Dalton Wayne
05-18-2012, 18:32
:dunno:

How's he doing in college? On his way to a lucrative career??
Doc It was just a joke played off Obamas statement, I do have two sons who have never drank smoked or did drugs, very proud of them.....:wavey:

concretefuzzynuts
05-18-2012, 18:36
Doc It was just a joke played off Obamas statement, I do have two sons who have never drank smoked or did drugs, very proud of them.....:wavey:

How about the dude in the trailer on your property?

Cavalry Doc
05-18-2012, 18:37

No problem, good for them, and congrats to you.

bear62
05-18-2012, 18:46

And he would look like the son Obama never had ......:rofl:

PawDog
05-18-2012, 19:02
Hell, when I was 17, I had THC in my system daily.......:cool:

RustyShackelford
05-18-2012, 20:00
Not surprisingly, new "up-to-date" evidence and reports are coming out. Highlights include, but are not limited to:

Woman said she heard "little kid" scared to death
And as Zimmerman drew closer, the girl said, Martin called out, "Why you following me for?" according to the recording.
"I hear this man, like this old man, say, 'What are you doing around here?' " the girl said.
Trayvon Martin's girlfriend says he called out "Get off, get off" before his death

Some of this will leave much of what has been argued to be moot and/or invalid.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/18/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

Updated as of 20:29 PM EDT, Fri May 18, 2012

DOC44
05-18-2012, 20:12
credibility???........ punk drugie's "girl friend"

is there a recording of the phone call with her or just her recollection?

Doc44

countrygun
05-18-2012, 20:19
credibility???........ punk drugie's "girl friend"

is there a recording of the phone call with her or just her recollection?

Doc44

It's her "recollection" after being coached by the States Attorney's office.

RustyShackelford
05-18-2012, 20:26
Well that was quick, lol. Also, you left out "she was probably high at the time, too!!" or "what a [expletive]! Check her Facebook!!1!"

Don't worry about any of the physical evidence that backs up the crime that may have been committed.

countrygun
05-18-2012, 20:31
Well that was quick, lol. Also, you left out "she was probably high at the time, too!!" or "what a [expletive]! Check her Facebook!!1!"

Don't worry about any of the physical evidence that backs up the crime that may have been committed.

Oh i agree it was a horrible crime. A man being attacked and his head beaten on the ground is certainly a crime!

redbaron007
05-18-2012, 20:31
Not surprisingly, new "up-to-date" evidence and reports are coming out. Highlights include, but are not limited to:

And as Zimmerman drew closer, the girl said, Martin called out, "Why you following me for?" according to the recording.
"I hear this man, like this old man, say, 'What are you doing around here?' " the girl said.
Trayvon Martin's girlfriend says he called out "Get off, get off" before his death

Unfortunately, there is nothing to substantiate the gifriends story; also the lady said who said the voice sounded like a little kid is not identified as whose it was. So, try again.

red

Fred Hansen
05-18-2012, 20:42

Updated as of 20:29 PM EDT, Fri May 18, 2012So have they been able to find this "little kid"? Sounds like he might have seen something. :upeyes:

samurairabbi
05-18-2012, 21:01
It isn't "coaching" ... it's "witness preparation".

Perhaps she was distracted by sending a tweet to ANOTHER friend while swapping verbal comments with Trayvon. I mean, multitasking is "in" this year.

juggy4711
05-18-2012, 21:16
If he had been high on crack, or coke, or meth, or booze it might be a factor. Anyone that thinks because he had smoked some pot recently actually made a difference in what happened, has never smoked pot. I have but have not in a very long time. Could not keep my job otherwise. MJ does not cause folks to attack other people. The effects tend to cause those under the influence to avoid confrontation and eat snack foods. Ask any officer of the law if they would rather deal with a suspect stoned to the bone or drunk as a skunk? When intoxication is the only crime, stoners are an easy arrest. Drunks not so much.

That said from everything that has come to light so far I think GZ was in the right. As evidence comes out my opinion may change.

4TS&W
05-19-2012, 02:38
In order for us to believe Rusty's assertion that GZ was initiating the conflict, we have to believe he is lying about how the fight started.

Even if he is lying about how it started, the charge of Murder 2nd degree seems like one hell of a stretch, as that implies he meant to kill TM. If he is telling the truth, given the laws of Florida, manslaughter seems like a stretch. Trying to *PROVE* he is lying is going to be really tough.

In order to be convicted, he will need to be proven guilty. I doubt the evidence is ever going to show anything more than GZ getting his ass kicked by TM, and TM getting an internal 9mm souvineer for his efforts.

None of the witnesses can credibly say they saw anything before TM was on top wailing on GZ, and at that point, GZ seems legally justified in ending the assault by deadly force. That only leaves one side of the story.

His history seems to indicate he was tired of the robberies in the neighborhood (neighborhood watch, many previous phone calls), but was not racist against blacks, per se, because his own heritage is part black, and his history of tutoring blacks, standing against law enforcement when he felt a black was wronged.

The prosecution really bit off more than they can chew on this one. Any verdict from this trial is not going to be believed by a whole lot of people. A guilty verdict will look like pandering to the black community, and a successful witch hunt (to GZ's backers). An innocent verdict will be decried as racist against blacks, and a failure of the justice system for blacks (to TM''s backers).

Fred Hansen
05-19-2012, 03:13
So have they been able to find this "little kid"? Sounds like he might have seen something. :upeyes:Any sign of "little kid" yet?

Cavalry Doc
05-19-2012, 06:55

Little kid???? Sound like maybe someone saw those cute pictures of the much younger TM, and imagined what that little boys voice would sound like.

Is this the same girlfriend that was steady tweating the day after he died, but barely mentioned him?

bear62
05-19-2012, 07:06

She will probably get a part in the movie ......

fortyofforty
05-19-2012, 07:38
Little kid???? Sound like maybe someone saw those cute pictures of the much younger TM, and imagined what that little boys voice would sound like.

Is this the same girlfriend that was steady tweating the day after he died, but barely mentioned him?

Not just "little kid" but "a little kid scared to death, like crying". Interesting. Little kid. Old man. Not great witnesses.

TDC20
05-19-2012, 11:41

Actually, according to your own CNN reference that you cite, she said ""I could hear it a little bit, 'Get off, get off,' then the phone just hung up," the girl said."

According to this source, she didn't say whether it was TM's voice saying "Get off" or whether it was the "old man's" voice. Maybe she has said in her statement to the police which one she thought it was, but that's not what was reported. Maybe she will say when she testifies at the trial, I don't know, however, she will be considered a hostile witness for the defense. Maybe she will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Maybe she won't. Maybe she will tell things the way she honestly remembers them, and that may or may not be 100% correct either.

Just like everybody else, you have already determined the outcome of how the trial should end, even if you think you are being 100% honest and weighing all the evidence as you know it so far. I admit to the same bias, but I think my conclusions so far are different than yours.

I once sat on a jury in a civil case. At jury selection, they specifically asked if anyone in the jury pool could not find in favor of an insurance company, for any reason or because of any previous experiences. After deliberations, it was 10-2 in favor of the insurance company. One of 2 opposing jurors stated at the end of deliberations that there was no way she could find in favor of the insurance company, regardless of what the evidence said. :dunno:

People serving on a jury may think they can pass judgement based solely on the evidence, with no bias, no preconceived or prejudged opinions, but that is almost always false. They may tell you that, they may even believe that, but it is undeniably false. The people who can hear all the evidence and make a decision solely on that evidence without letting their own preconceived notions/bias influence their decision are a small percentage of the populace. Just as in your mind, you assumed after reading the CNN article, that the girl on the phone said it was TM saying "Get off. Get off." An understandable mistake, but you allowed your own preconceived notion to taint the facts.

G29Reload
05-19-2012, 12:09
THC and a high level of lead.

:rofl:

No wonder he croaked too, shot straight thru the heart. ThugEnder if I ever heard of one.

Picture showed it was Az Watermelon tea. Can't make it up.:upeyes:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjvyB6Hl0PECR2T1F85ysPRsYMVJq4CtyPGPmm92yfydqmoukkkQ

madbaumer
05-19-2012, 15:36
:rofl:

No wonder he croaked too, shot straight thru the heart. ThugEnder if I ever heard of one.

Picture showed it was Az Watermelon tea. Can't make it up.:upeyes:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjvyB6Hl0PECR2T1F85ysPRsYMVJq4CtyPGPmm92yfydqmoukkkQ

Shot through the heart,
And you're to blame

concretefuzzynuts
05-19-2012, 16:25
Shot through the heart,
And you're to blame

You give lead,
A bad name.

:tongueout:

samurairabbi
05-19-2012, 16:36

A detail from the post-incident events: Trayvon had NO identification on him that night. The police did not get him identified and notify the family until sometime during the next day. So that girlfriend did not know Trayvon was "out of the picture" until almost a day had passed.

countrygun
05-19-2012, 16:52
A detail from the post-incident events: Trayvon had NO identification on him that night. The police did not get him identified and notify the family until sometime during the next day. So that girlfriend did not know Trayvon was "out of the picture" until almost a day had passed.

Do we have any record of her trying to find him or finding out what happened or if he was OK given that she lost contact, as she claims, under such circumstances?

samurairabbi
05-19-2012, 17:12
Do we have any record of her trying to find him or finding out what happened or if he was OK given that she lost contact, as she claims, under such circumstances?

We may be in a circumstance I call "retroactive concern". Trayvon ALIVE is just a guy she is on decent terms with. Trayvon DECEASED is now the love of her life ... and possibly her ticket to fame and a taste of any movie rights. 'Nuff said?

Fred Hansen
05-19-2012, 17:19
A detail from the post-incident events: Trayvon had NO identification on him that night. The police did not get him identified and notify the family until sometime during the next day. So that girlfriend did not know Trayvon was "out of the picture" until almost a day had passed.So a (presumed) loved one's phone call is abruptly terminated under circumstances that she now claims suggested danger/duress, and she made no effort to call the police, and/or other adults to help good ol' T-Ray??? :upeyes:

BTW anybody spotted that "little kid" who was crying yet?

Fred Hansen
05-19-2012, 17:24
We may be in a circumstance I call "retroactive concern". Trayvon ALIVE is just a guy she is on decent terms with. Trayvon DECEASED is now the love of her life ... and possibly her ticket to fame and a taste of any movie rights. 'Nuff said?That may well be the case. Especially if we take into account T-Ray's own loving and affectionate way of posting about females on Facebook and Twitter. An incurable romantic if ever there was one.

fortyofforty
05-19-2012, 17:26
BTW anybody spotted that "little kid" who was crying yet?

I think the shouting old man took him away.

samurairabbi
05-19-2012, 17:32
That may well be the case. Especially if we take into account T-Ray's own loving and affectionate way of posting about females on Facebook and Twitter. An incurable romantic if ever there was one.

Trayvon's parents did not do him any favors when they purged his facebook page to avoid "inconvenience" ... or "embarrassment". Zimmerman's various legal funds now have enough money to support a first-class "rebuilding" effort funded by the defense. Based on what has been released so far, that restored facebook page will not be complimentary to the late Trayvon.

concretefuzzynuts
05-19-2012, 17:35
Trayvon's parents did not do him any favors when they purged his facebook page to avoid "inconvenience" ... or "embarrassment". Zimmerman's various legal funds now have enough money to support a first-class "rebuilding" effort funded by the defense. Based on what has been released so far, that restored facebook page will not be complimentary to the late Trayvon.

Yo... true dat, true dat.

Cavalry Doc
05-20-2012, 05:37

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/04/21/update-10-part-2-the-trayvon-martin-shooting-deedee-reveals-the-false-truths/#more-37932

It's long, but it does a great job of illustrating how the case was made. After the girlfriend mentions martins death, she returns to more normal teen talk.