Grip Bushings [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Grip Bushings

Camu Mahubah
05-17-2012, 21:05
Well I was cleaning the pistola and I wanted to remove the grips to get at the mag well better and under the grips and stuff and one of the bushings came out instead of just the screw!

I didn't notice what the heck was going on until I went to reinstall the grips. The bushing screwed right back in just by screwing the screw with the screwdriver.

I'm to nervous to do anymore screwing tonite. Tell me I haven't screwed up too bad please!:worried:

faawrenchbndr
05-17-2012, 21:08
It sometimes happens. Red Locktite on the bushings, and
blue Locktite or finger nail polish on screws.

Camu Mahubah
05-17-2012, 21:22
So I didn't do any damage by just screwing them back in? I'm worried. Should I take the grips off again and see or leave it alone until next time when I clean it or put new grips on the gun?

FLIPPER 348
05-17-2012, 21:26
no, you put a threaded bushing into a threaded hole

cyrsequipment
05-18-2012, 05:23
The only issue is if the screw sticks in the bushing, then it can be a pain to remove from the bushing. but no harm done.

okie
05-18-2012, 07:02

This:thumbsup:

Jason D
05-18-2012, 17:11
The correct way to install grip bushings is to stake them in place.
Unfortunately the invention of slim grips killed that.

WinterWizard
05-18-2012, 19:18

This.

Three-Five-Seven
05-18-2012, 21:26
You haven't screwed anything up -- who ever assembled the gun screwed up by not using lock tight, or otherwise staking the bushing.

Use locktite, but I suggest blue as you may want to change the profile of your grips in the future and that may require changing the bushings.

The bushings WILL NOT stay tight without locktite or staking.

ca survivor
05-28-2012, 18:10
carefully take the grips off again, put blue locktite on the bushing only and screw the grips back again, give it a couple of days and try again, maybe the screw will come off and the bushing is in for now.