Ron Paulís candidacy as told by supporters in our comments section [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paulís candidacy as told by supporters in our comments section

Goaltender66
05-18-2012, 06:01
I don't normally like Time Magazine, but this post in Time's Swampland blog had me chuckling from the first paragraph.

http://swampland.time.com/2012/05/16/the-story-of-ron-pauls-presidential-candidacy-as-told-by-his-supporters-in-swamplands-comments-section/

The Story of Ron Paulís Presidential Candidacy as Told by His Supporters in Our Comments Section

Most people have hobbies: golf, model trains, restoring old cars, whatever. A year after Ron Paul announced his Republican presidential bid, I have concluded that his supporters must not do these things. They canít possibly have the time. While others are at rest or at play, Paulís supporters are on the Internet, googling his name and diving into the comments sections of news articles to register their opinions. Maybe itís a measure of their dedication or their web savvy, or both. I donít know. But they always show up, sometimes 500 or 600 in force or more. And since they often complain about the media giving their guy short shrift, I thought Iíd give them a chance to tell Paulís story, now that itís in its last chapter (http://swampland.time.com/2012/05/14/ron-paul-stops-active-campaigning-vows-continued-delegate-fight/). (There, the media just did it again.) What follows is a collection of comments, culled from TIMEís archive, that span the epoch of Ron Paul 2012.

JBnTX
05-18-2012, 06:33
Who's Ron Paul?

ChuteTheMall
05-18-2012, 08:39
FINALLY, a thread about Ron Paul!!!!!!! Just in time....

http://i49.tinypic.com/ricfg9.jpg

G29Reload
05-18-2012, 12:12
He didn't suspend his campaign! He's just not campaigning anymore!

ChuteTheMall
05-18-2012, 12:19
You can't count virtual delegates while real delegates are still bound and gagged.
:zipmouth:
It's strategery beyond your comprehension!
:tinfoil:

G29Reload
05-18-2012, 12:24
Article was a scream. Reminds me of this forum. You can almost catalogue the personality types.

Wonder if G19G20 will chime in...:supergrin:

ChuteTheMall
05-18-2012, 12:27
http://swampland.time.com/2012/05/16/the-story-of-ron-pauls-presidential-candidacy-as-told-by-his-supporters-in-swamplands-comments-section/

The Story of Ron Paulís Presidential Candidacy as Told by His Supporters in Our Comments Section

Here's another:
:bunny::tinfoil:

Iím a full time digital artist. I work on Games, movies, eviroment [sic] art, you time it. Iím a busy person. That said googling ron paul once a week and leaving a few comments does not get in the way of me playing starcraft2 and EVE, and doing my own personal projects and playing Tactics orge when I go to bed. Oh and Iím married and have to take care of our 3 pet bunnies. Oh right and I support ron paul because everyone else is MORE of a nut case. -Jaron DiTommaso

:animlol:

lancesorbenson
05-18-2012, 12:29
You trolls are still going after the irrelevant doctor? Shouldn't you guys be extolling the virtues of the Yankee progressive in magic underwear? I'll be supporting the good doctor as far as he goes, as I refuse to vote for a pro-abortion, pro-mandate, pro gay adoption "conservative" who doesn't think anyone should own "assault weapons."

ChuteTheMall
05-18-2012, 12:32
:rofl:

http://i46.tinypic.com/3515ooj.jpg

Goaltender66
05-18-2012, 12:37
You trolls are still going after the irrelevant doctor? Shouldn't you guys be extolling the virtues of the Yankee progressive in magic underwear? I'll be supporting the good doctor as far as he goes, as I refuse to vote for a pro-abortion, pro-mandate, pro gay adoption "conservative" who doesn't think anyone should own "assault weapons."

I posted not to make fun of Paul, but rather the Ronulan-types who, as the blog mentions, swarm at the drop of a hat.

I mean, honestly...who couldn't find this fellow funny:
The fact that this article has more comments than the previous 6 combined just shows the fact that Ron Paul is winning, can win and will win. And journalists like Alex Altman will go in prison once things turn around. -SlickR

ChuteTheMall
05-18-2012, 12:42
You trolls are still going after the irrelevant doctor?

Your vote doesn't matter, all of Louisiana's electoral votes will go to Romney.:tongueout:

This is a Ron Paul thread, not a Mitt Romney thread. :deadhorse:

G19G20
05-18-2012, 13:14
Article was a scream. Reminds me of this forum. You can almost catalogue the personality types.

Wonder if G19G20 will chime in...:supergrin:

Im flattered that you're so concerned what I think even when I'm not around. :cool:

Article is pretty accurate. I don't know how funny it is, per se, but it's pretty accurate as to the roller coaster ride of the campaign so far and pointing out the media's clear bias against Paul in this election. I'd think it's a good thing to have such diverse groups of people supporting one candidate but I've come to accept that folks like you only respect movements where everybody thinks the same, looks the same, and acts the same.

Still waiting to hear why I should vote for Romney instead of voting against Obama. Didn't see that in the article anywhere. Leave it to the lefty media to continue to make fun of the supporters of the last conservative candidate standing against Romney....

G-19
05-18-2012, 14:25
Im flattered that you're so concerned what I think even when I'm not around. :cool:

Article is pretty accurate. I don't know how funny it is, per se, but it's pretty accurate as to the roller coaster ride of the campaign so far and pointing out the media's clear bias against Paul in this election. I'd think it's a good thing to have such diverse groups of people supporting one candidate but I've come to accept that folks like you only respect movements where everybody thinks the same, looks the same, and acts the same.

Still waiting to hear why I should vote for Romney instead of voting against Obama. Didn't see that in the article anywhere. Leave it to the lefty media to continue to make fun of the supporters of the last conservative candidate standing against Romney....

No, you just can't stand the fact that everyone don't think, look and act like you do. That is the problem with RP supporters. You are intolerant of others that might have a different opinion, and go straight to attack mode when someone voices a different opinion. That is why you were not taken seriously. Once again his supporters are Paul's worst enemies. To bad your egos will not let you accept that, but it is the truth.

I know you can't stand the fact that it is "Majority Rules" in this country, but that is the way it is. I know it kills you that we just don't bow down and let you "enlightened" few rule the rest of us. Contrary to your wishes everyone gets to vote, even women, the unemployed, EVERYONE; we all get a say. That elitist mentality is what has turned main street against you. Just because you may have money does not mean you get to make the rules, and that just kills you.

lancesorbenson
05-18-2012, 14:30
Your vote doesn't matter, all of Louisiana's electoral votes will go to Romney.:tongueout:

This is a Ron Paul thread, not a Mitt Romney thread. :deadhorse:

Can I use that next time one of guys chimes in with the old Obama thanks you for your vote idiocy?

RC-RAMIE
05-18-2012, 14:31
I know you can't stand the fact that it is "Majority Rules" in this country, but that is the way it is.

You damn right I can't stand it and one day with things you favor are in the minority you might understand. One of the basic principles of our system is that the "majority" can not vote away the rights of the minority checks and balances.

ChuteTheMall
05-18-2012, 14:33
Can I use that next time one of guys chimes in with the old Obama thanks you for your vote idiocy?

Only if you are voting in Louisiana, and doing nothing to help Obama elsewhere.
:deadhorse:

ChuteTheMall
05-18-2012, 14:36
That is the problem with RP supporters. You are intolerant of others that might have a different opinion, and go straight to attack mode when someone voices a different opinion. That is why you were not taken seriously. Once again his supporters are Paul's worst enemies. To bad your egos will not let you accept that, but it is the truth.

Why do you hate the constitution?

:rofl:That's the line I watch for!:animlol:

geo57
05-18-2012, 14:38

http://i46.tinypic.com/3515ooj.jpg

Pure Gold and an A+ for creativity . Thanks for the chuckle.

G-19
05-18-2012, 14:56
You damn right I can't stand it and one day with things you favor are in the minority you might understand. One of the basic principles of our system is that the "majority" can not vote away the rights of the minority checks and balances.

To late, abortion is legal, gay marriage is a fact of life in several states, pot is legal in CA. These are just some of the things that I am against, but the majority were not. Now I have to live with the consequences. I truly believe that the loss of biblical morals is why this country is failing. We (as a country) have turned our backs on GOD, and now he is turning HIS on us. We wanted to do it our way and he let us, and we have made a mess of it. The majority voted GOD out, now we all will suffer.

G29Reload
05-18-2012, 15:06
Im flattered that you're so concerned what I think even when I'm not around.

Its just that you're such a source of amusement.

I don't know how funny it is,

Most things seem to get by you.

it's pretty accurate as to the roller coaster ride

:rofl::rofl:

Basement tour.

I'd think it's a good thing to have such diverse groups of people supporting one candidate

:rofl: RP supporters are about as monomaniacal as they get.

movements where everybody thinks the same,

:rofl:Pot meets kettleÖ

:rofl: last conservative candidate standing against Romney....

Romney's the last candidate standing. Not exactly conservative but he'll do.

Yours is broke and no longer campaigning. From being so successful with his diverse group of supporters, of course.:supergrin:

G19G20
05-18-2012, 16:20
Romney's the last candidate standing. Not exactly conservative but he'll do.

And that's why you fail. And the GOP fails.

Yours is broke and no longer campaigning. From being so successful with his diverse group of supporters, of course.:supergrin:

Take a quick peek at Paul's campaign front page. http://www.ronpaul2012.com

See that big number staring you in the face? The $645,000 one? Yeah, that's been raised in the last 36 hours online. All the candidates you've been cheerleading for are not only broke but deeply in debt. You sound like a fool, talking about who's "broke". Your uninformed trolling is getting tired.

G29Reload
05-18-2012, 16:38
And that's why you fail. And the GOP fails.

LAtest poll has Romney up by 8 points.

Take a quick peek at Paul's campaign front page.

Nope. Not giving him the page hits.

See that big number staring you in the face?

No! I'm not going to your fanbook page or whatever.

The $645,000 one? Yeah, that's been raised in the last 36 hours online.

didn't know there were that many fools out there. People continuing to mail cash to a failed candidacy.

Actually, 645k in a day and a half isn't that much. BHO got twice that in the first hour after saying he was for *** marriage. :rofl:

All the candidates you've been cheerleading

Never a cheerleader for any of em. Just stated what I could live with over the current tyrant. Who you seem hellbent on re-electing.

are not only broke but deeply in debt.

Just gingrich. Romney personally is worth a quarter billion. He won't have to strap his dog to the roof again, any time soon. He's flush , in fact. So, you again prove you don't know what you're talking about.

You sound like a fool, talking about who's "broke". Your uninformed trolling is getting tired.

Naughty naughty with the personal attacks. Sorry your guy lost, the writing was on the wall a long time ago. But the road to hell is paved with failed candidacies.

Mrs. Tink
05-18-2012, 16:55
In a previous thread, I opined that the nastiness against Ron Paul supporters will not make them decide that they need to "get on board" and vote Romney. I got a little nastiness directed my way, i.e. "I can't believe you just said that," etc. Let's face it: Romney needs Ron Paul supporters a lot more than they need him. So-called "mainstream conservatives" who like to have a lot of fun at the expense of Ron Paul and his supporters are doing everything they can to ensure that these guys won't vote Romney.

Before you say "Oh, whatever, Paul supporters would NEVER have voted Romney," that is a sweeping assumption that is incorrect and costly. Wonder if you are having too much fun roasting Paul to realize it.

geo57
05-18-2012, 17:10
In a previous thread, I opined that the nastiness against Ron Paul supporters will not make them decide that they need to "get on board" and vote Romney. I got a little nastiness directed my way, i.e. "I can't believe you just said that," etc. Let's face it: Romney needs Ron Paul supporters a lot more than they need him. So-called "mainstream conservatives" who like to have a lot of fun at the expense of Ron Paul and his supporters are doing everything they can to ensure that these guys won't vote Romney.

Before you say "Oh, whatever, Paul supporters would NEVER have voted Romney," that is a sweeping assumption that is incorrect and costly. Wonder if you are having too much fun roasting Paul to realize it.

What you define as " nasty " comments your way were deserved in the fact that you were scolding non Paul fans while all the while completely turning a blind eye to the constant crappola you Paul fans dish out to anyone who isn't a fanboy. And once again you are repeating that . It's irony in it's purest form and it all went over your head.

It's good to know that people would be wrong to assume that the vast majority of Paul fans won't vote for Romney and will support him in Nov. . I take it then that Romney will have your full support and in turn you will make every effort in trying to convince your fellow Paul fans to do likewise here and in person ?

ChuteTheMall
05-18-2012, 17:35
Too many Ronulan trolls have already admitted that they will support Obama against Romney, so I'm not kissing up to them.

Mrs. Tink
05-18-2012, 18:02
What you define as " nasty " comments your way were deserved in the fact that you were scolding non Paul fans while all the while completely turning a blind eye to the constant crappola you Paul fans dish out to anyone who isn't a fanboy. And once again you are repeating that . It's irony in it's purest form and it all went over your head.

It's good to know that people would be wrong to assume that the vast majority of Paul fans won't vote for Romney and will support him in Nov. . I take it then that Romney will have your full support and in turn you will make every effort in trying to convince your fellow Paul fans to do likewise here and in person ?

Where did I say I was a Ron Paul fan? Where did I scold anybody, dish out "crappola," or show you that anything went over my head? You make a lot of unsupported assumptions. These are all political observations. It happens in many elections where the "winners" drive away the "losers" from sheer short-sightedness. Happens all the time and yet people, especially the GOP, don't learn from it. In that arena, Dems are ahead of us.

I don't particularly like Romney, although I won't campaign against him. Again, you assume that I am surrounded by Paul fans (my "fellow" fans). Paul knows he's not going to get elected. I don't have time to sit around inside the box you stuffed me into and live up to your expectations.

geo57
05-18-2012, 18:11
Where did I say I was a Ron Paul fan? Where did I scold anybody, dish out "crappola," or show you that anything went over my head? You make a lot of unsupported assumptions. These are all political observations. It happens in many elections where the "winners" drive away the "losers" from sheer short-sightedness. Happens all the time and yet people, especially the GOP, don't learn from it. In that arena, Dems are ahead of us.

I don't particularly like Romney, although I won't campaign against him. Again, you assume that I am surrounded by Paul fans (my "fellow" fans). Paul knows he's not going to get elected. I don't have time to sit around inside the box you stuffed me into and live up to your expectations.

So do you deny being a Ron Paul fan ? Yes or no ? Do you deny scolding those that aren't Paul fans in the thread in question ? Yes or no ? Am guessing a stroll from posts made by you in the past may be telling. For starters posts you made on 4-18 and 5-12 on these matters.

Will you support Romney in Nov with your vote ?

Mrs. Tink
05-18-2012, 18:21
So you deny being a Ron Paul fan ? Do you deny scolding those that aren't Paul fans in the thread in question ? Really ? Am guessing a stroll from posts made by you in the past may be telling. For starters posts you made on 4-18 and 5-12.

That's like the proverbial "when did you stop beating your wife" question. My post was an observation of political behavior. It could have applied to any candidate in any race, and it often does. It happened in my own election.

Yeah, I'm not anybody's mom so I don't "scold" people. I like some of Ron Paul's ideas but I'm guessing you do too. He's not going to get elected. So I'm a "fan" in that I wish he could clean up the Fed and Treasury. But again, doubtful.

Go ahead and cite my past posts. Doesn't change my observation.

geo57
05-18-2012, 18:55
That's like the proverbial "when did you stop beating your wife" question. My post was an observation of political behavior. It could have applied to any candidate in any race, and it often does. It happened in my own election.

Yeah, I'm not anybody's mom so I don't "scold" people. I like some of Ron Paul's ideas but I'm guessing you do too. He's not going to get elected. So I'm a "fan" in that I wish he could clean up the Fed and Treasury. But again, doubtful.

Go ahead and cite my past posts. Doesn't change my observation.

You missed your calling . You should have been a politician. You do a better job of dodging direct questions put to you than Eric Holder does.

May we know who you did vote for then if it wasn't Paul ?

If non Paul fans didn't get scolded by you in your 5-12 post then one will never see a scolding. Maybe you don't like the word but that's what it was. I'll let others re-read that post you made and make their own call on it.

G29Reload
05-18-2012, 19:31
The only point of derision is for RP fans in their fawning obesiance fail to acknowledge their Titanic has found its iceberg. Eventually they'll be swimming in icewater, then complain when their Carpathia shows up painted in the wrong color.

My problem with them is continuing to attempt to make some pointless stand now that the path for Romney is clear, and everything they do past the point this has been obvious only damages our brand and the one shot there is at booting BHO.

Truth: I don't like ANY candidate, in any party. PERIOD. They all suck.

BHO, however, is his own special brand of malignant cancer. A special danger. The only thing important to me now is ousting him. His record needs to be repudiated. His wrecking ball needs to be scrapped.

For all the problems Romney MAY have, they can be fixed. For that matter, its only speculation that he'd try to run the US the way he did MA and he has repudiated some of that. If he acts up, we can boot him in term 2. If he doesn't we can actually fix some stuff.

We will not, however, survive another term of BHO.

So, the RP folk need to stop rearranging the deck chairs on their sinking ship, or arguing over how much horsepower it was built with, or what was really cool on the menu in the grand dining room. None of it matters anymore.

There is a singular job ahead…get BHO…GONE. That's it. Thats all that matters. Nothing else is even remotely relevant, and by the time the convention ends, no one will even remember who RP is. All that effort will have been wasted. He's never been viable. He's had some good ideas, and some crackpot ones. But when he himself admits he won't get it done, its time to move on to something relevant.

Stubudd
05-18-2012, 19:49
The only point of derision is for RP fans in their fawning obesiance fail to acknowledge their Titanic has found its iceberg. Eventually they'll be swimming in icewater, then complain when their Carpathia shows up painted in the wrong color.

My problem with them is continuing to attempt to make some pointless stand now that the path for Romney is clear, and everything they do past the point this has been obvious only damages our brand and the one shot there is at booting BHO.

Our brand? Sorry but liar liberals aren't my brand. Best of luck with your brand.

G29Reload
05-18-2012, 20:20
Our brand? Sorry but liar liberals aren't my brand. Best of luck with your brand.

If you hate liar liberals, you're really gonna love a second obama term. If you want to "cut off your nose to spite your face" I'm sure you'll enjoy that more.

There's only one game in town, and two players. No matter how clever you think you are, that's what it is.

Stubudd
05-18-2012, 20:26
If you hate liar liberals, you're really gonna love a second obama term. If you want to "cut off your nose to spite your face" I'm sure you'll enjoy that more.

There's only one game in town, and two players. No matter how clever you think you are, that's what it is.

Or i could go ahead and just cut my face off by voting for a progressive when progressives have wrecked the greatest country in the world. No thanks. Your brand sucks. Your game sucks. They've done nothing but lie to you, they're lying to you now, and they'll still be lying to you at any given point in the future, until you stop playing along with it. I already did.

Ruble Noon
05-18-2012, 20:28

Yep, you are right. I wonder if there is a reason for it being that way?

G29Reload
05-18-2012, 20:31
until you stop playing along with it. I already did.

Really? You're holding your own election and taking over? Planning secession? Its been tried, awful results. Or would this be on RP's new planet?

Mrs. Tink
05-18-2012, 20:31
You missed your calling . You should have been a politician. You do a better job of dodging direct questions put to you than Eric Holder does.

May we know who you did vote for then if it wasn't Paul ?

If non Paul fans didn't get scolded by you in your 5-12 post then one will never see a scolding. Maybe you don't like the word but that's what it was. I'll let others re-read that post you made and make their own call on it.

Colorado does not have a presidential primary. We have a caucus system. So... my votes were spent on more local candidates. It seems that G29Reload and I agree on one thing: none of the presidential candidates are ideal.

I don't know if you're missing the point of my original post or you don't care about it. This is not about whether or not I like Romney or Paul or whoever. It is a political observation I made, and you want to discredit it by getting into the weeds about my personal preferences. If you can prove me to be a Paul fan, then you can write off everything else I say. I'd rather discuss the merits of my observation.

And if you want to call it that... I am an elected official. So I suppose you in particular WOULD call me a politician. :tongueout:

Stubudd
05-18-2012, 20:36
Really? You're holding your own election and taking over? Planning secession? Its been tried, awful results. Or would this be on RP's new planet?

No, i'm not going along with voting for a progressive like you are. Now or ever. We're just different that way.

05-18-2012, 20:47
Colorado does not have a presidential primary. We have a caucus system. So... my votes were spent on more local candidates. It seems that G29Reload and I agree on one thing: none of the presidential candidates are ideal.

I don't know if you're missing the point of my original post or you don't care about it. This is not about whether or not I like Romney or Paul or whoever. It is a political observation I made, and you want to discredit it by getting into the weeds about my personal preferences. If you can prove me to be a Paul fan, then you can write off everything else I say. I'd rather discuss the merits of my observation.

And if you want to call it that... I am an elected official. So I suppose you in particular WOULD call me a politician. :tongueout:

Does this quote make you a Paul fan?

I tend to disagree here. Romney's proposals show no real will to cut spending as drastically as is necessary to avoid economic disaster. And the argument that people who want second terms won't act too crazy has pretty much been blown to pieces by Obama.

Your efforts to insult Ron Paul supporters by bookending your entire post with pejoratives isn't really helping your argument in a thread such as this.

Yes, getting Obama out should be one of the goals Republicans are focusing on at a national level. The other is retaking the Senate (and keeping the House). So why are they running craptastic candidates that have a low likelihood of doing this?

I am NOT VOTING for Obama, which I had already tried to make clear.

Colorado is a caucus state. I was elected as a delegate to my county assembly, which in turn elected me as a delegate to the state assembly. The nice thing about this is that I can vote for whomever I choose at the state level. The state GOP is already playing games as to who is going to be voted onto the national convention ballot. Romney supporters are all being put first, with no regard to which county they are from or alphabetical order. All other delegates are not only being put on there without noting who they support (i.e. Santorum, Gingrich etc.) but they are being marginalized by party officials. I don't like such shenanigans. I will likely vote Paul at the state (I am currently unpledged), where he won't win, and I won't pursue national.

We will see who the nominee will be. I think we all know, but there may yet be some surprises.

:dunno:

Mrs. Tink
05-18-2012, 20:53
Does this quote make you a Paul fan?

:dunno:

I don't know, does it? What do you consider to be a "Paul fan"? Do you plan to vote Romney? Do you actually like him? Are you voting for him because he's the least bad?

I am ambivalent about Paul. I think his economic ideas need to stay alive, though. Most of the GOP people I know agree on that.

05-18-2012, 21:04
I don't know, does it? What do you consider to be a "Paul fan"? I'm asking you. Your comments on past threads point to you being a paul fan.

Do you plan to vote Romney? I'll vote for GOP nominee.

Do you actually like him? I don't like anybody.

Are you voting for him because he's the least bad? I'll vote for the GOP nominee. If Paul was the nominee, I'd vote for him.

I am ambivalent about Paul. I think his economic ideas need to stay alive, though. Most of the GOP people I know agree on that.Very good.

G19G20
05-19-2012, 02:30
I don't know, does it? What do you consider to be a "Paul fan"? Do you plan to vote Romney? Do you actually like him? Are you voting for him because he's the least bad?

I am ambivalent about Paul. I think his economic ideas need to stay alive, though. Most of the GOP people I know agree on that.

His economic ideas is what attracts thousands of young people to his rallies. The younger crowd has started to realize they are getting SCREWED on this system. They're going to be responsible for the debt that the system is accumulating. Paul is a voice for that displeasure. No one else gives any serious lip service to the debt other than RP.

walt cowan
05-19-2012, 05:43
oh ye fools of mittens... scared? say your scared!

lancesorbenson
05-19-2012, 08:07
I know it kills you that we just don't bow down and let you "enlightened" few rule the rest of us.

Ron Paul supporters want to rule over you? Since when? Particularly ironic coming from a guy who wants to revive alcohol prohibition.

Contrary to your wishes everyone gets to vote, even women, the unemployed, EVERYONE; we all get a say. That elitist mentality is what has turned main street against you. Just because you may have money does not mean you get to make the rules, and that just kills you.

I'd say this universal vote thing is a big part of this country's problem. With about half on some form of government assistance and millions more counting on the government for a paycheck, when will there ever be an impetus for smaller government?

Seriously, do you think Ron Paul supporters are rich people trying to make the rules? That's just funny. Don't you know we all live in our parents' basements?

ChuteTheMall
05-19-2012, 08:32
Seriously, do you think Ron Paul supporters are rich people trying to make the rules? That's just funny. Don't you know we all live in our parents' basements?

Very nice basements, with cable TV and high speed Internet and big bongs and the latest videogames and electronic toys and air conditioning and little or no experience functioning outside in the real world, among the voters.:tinfoil:

Cavalry Doc
05-19-2012, 08:39
oh ye fools of mittens... scared? say your scared!

Not sure I've seen anyone here singing the praises if Romney and attempting to deify the guy.

There is nothing to be afraid of though. Just be prepared for bad times. Regardless of who is president, they are coming. Even if it were a Ron/Rand ticket, and they won, things are still going to be interesting, in a bad way. These are the good old days. Still, why be afraid? Makes no sense.

lancesorbenson
05-19-2012, 09:02
Very nice basements, with cable TV and high speed Internet and big bongs and the latest videogames and electronic toys and air conditioning and little or no experience functioning outside in the real world, among the voters.:tinfoil:

All elitist snobs who want to rule over their fellow man live in their parents' basements.

Gary W Trott
05-19-2012, 09:34
The analogy should really be would someone on a sinking ship as you call it, want to leave that sinking ship to climb aboard another sinking ship...or continue trying to repair the ship they are on so that it is no longer sinking?

syntaxerrorsix
05-19-2012, 14:37
Go team.. go..

Conservatism is dead. A cursory glance at GTPI and the GOP candidates is all you need to know.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.