The goal is not justice, but a conviction. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The goal is not justice, but a conviction.

maxsnafu
05-18-2012, 07:11
http://www.vdare.com/articles/new-york-times-claims-police-missteps-in-trayvon-martin-case-hurt-prosecution-but-they-don-

"The decision by the first, unbiased State’s Attorney not to prosecute Zimmerman was correct.

The decision by special prosecutor Angela Corey to try Zimmerman is simply a politically-motivated lynching."

hogship
05-18-2012, 23:37
I agree that the original decision to not prosecute was the correct decision, provided the evidence is as I see it to be, at this time. Those who made that decision, were thinking justice was being served by that decision......and, unless evidence to the contrary is brought to light, it looks to be the correct decision.

I also agree the decision to pursue a murder charge is politically motivated. I don't see how anything but bringing Zimmerman to trial was possible, or logical, considering the public demand for it. Considering the public outcry for justice, no matter what motivated it, bringing Z to trial was also the correct decision to make. It's a bit premature to think that anything but justice will be the result, but not entirely improbable to think political or social motivations may take priority over justice.

We all just have to set back, and see what happens...... We can evaluate the results much better after a verdict, or end result is reached, than speculating on the what might happen.

ooc

stevelyn
05-18-2012, 23:59
Working in LE I see this crap all the time. I've discovered a long time ago that it's a legal system any justice that was in it left town.