Has the Bell Begun to Toll for the GOP? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Has the Bell Begun to Toll for the GOP?

maxsnafu
05-18-2012, 08:30
http://www.vdare.com/articles/has-the-bell-begun-to-toll-for-the-gop

"By endlessly expanding Great Society programs, by lopping taxpayers off tax rolls, by supporting open borders and endless immigration from the Third World, the Republican Party, out of sheer nobility of character, has probably ensured its impending departure from history."

What Buchanan refers to as "nobility of character" I would call cowardice, stupidity and a genuine hatred for their White voter base.

Cavalry Doc
05-18-2012, 09:05
Ask not for whom the bell tolls.....

aircarver
05-18-2012, 09:23
The tea party will jack up the nameplate and put a new Party underneath .......:supergrin:

Stubudd
05-18-2012, 11:09
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006021913000

Stubudd
05-18-2012, 21:10
I didn't finish the link, but i think it's safe to say that when the "conservative" party's nominee is Mitt Romney, the "party" is just about over.

so yea, ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee

juggy4711
05-18-2012, 21:28
Back when they still kicked ass...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_eGXPzSzAg

kirgi08
05-19-2012, 00:13
:rock:

G19G20
05-19-2012, 02:38
Nice one Juggy.

See the sig. It's prophetic.

walt cowan
05-19-2012, 05:38
not just the rnc but, the dnc too. floks (most anyway) have caught on that they have been victims of a con-game. in d.c. theres no left or right, no pro or anti anything, no lib or conser. just the club and the rest of us chattel. the rnc part of the club has just made the mistake of thinking all it's supporters are stupid and showed their hand. :upeyes:

71Commander
05-19-2012, 05:46
I remember hearing the same thing being said about the party of the Ass when Carter was President.

maxsnafu
05-19-2012, 07:09
I remember hearing the same thing being said about the party of the Ass when Carter was President.

...and then President Reagan began the process of bailing out the Democrats with his ill-considered amnesty--and it's been down hill for the GOP ever since. Demography is destiny.

Cavalry Doc
05-19-2012, 08:19
Nice one Juggy.

Ha ha ha ha. Your cause and effect detector is badly damaged. A much more accurate statement would have been:

"Republican voters, if you don't elect my candidate, I won't vote for yours, and I HOPE your guy loses to Barry so I can come back and rub your faces in it and pretend my guy would have done better"

Either that or "if you don't nominate Ron Paul, we will all take our republican masks off and go back to the libertarian party."

He had a pretty good run. Kudos to him and his guys.

Cavalry Doc
05-19-2012, 08:22
Nice one Juggy.

Today, 03:38 * #8
G19G20

Nice one Juggy.

Wouldn't want to bet on that, would you? Car titles? Deeds to house?

Ruble Noon
05-19-2012, 08:45
Has the bell began to toll for the GOP?

Yes and no. It might not end but it is in the process of being re branded. One only needs to look as far back as the 2010 elections and the rise of the TEA party to see this. I could see a coalition between the Libertarian and TEA party in an effort to effect change in the GOP.

countrygun
05-19-2012, 11:12
Neither party is going to change in a noticable manner until there is a large enough group, of responsible citizens who cannot be bought by posistions on one issue or by the promise of free handouts, has formed into an effective voting block that can override the politicians methods of promising "everything to everyone", and can make candidates keep promises made. This group would have to larger than the number of folks who vote based on what they are spoon fed by the media about candidates on both sides. They would, hopefully, have an actual understanding of the Constitution beyond what they think are their "rights" and what it means to have a strong Country with freedom and RESPONSIBILITY for all.

Anyone willing to bet on when/if that ever happens?