For a Lady friend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For a Lady friend

CAL H. WATFORD
05-18-2012, 09:39
I have a professional lady friend. Cannot conceal carry most of the time. Bought her a Ruger LCR 38 and she loves it. Carries with a permit in her large handbag. Usually just from her office to her car. Lots of time late at night. Puts her hand in handbag with her hand on pistol grip, then when in car places in seat with her.
What do you ladies do?

Emoore
05-19-2012, 07:43
Can you clarify the question?

CAL H. WATFORD
05-19-2012, 16:47
All of us do not cary full time. My Lady is a professional and her dress and profession does not let her carry full time. After dark her office is in an area that may place her in danger. I just stated how she Carries in her purse and just wondered what most ladies do under he same circumstances? Maybe its a stupid question. That you for responding.

ca survivor
05-19-2012, 17:31
not been a woman, I think she is doing the right thing by having a grip on her gun on the way to her car.

Emoore
05-19-2012, 17:42
Carrying in a purse isn't the best idea unless it's a gun purse with a specific compartment for the firearm. If it is, then it sounds like she's doing the right thing under her given circumstances.

jprj
05-19-2012, 19:41
Shes doing fine. But if she wants it to be hidden somewhere body, attire is the key.

CAL H. WATFORD
05-20-2012, 06:01
Thank you for your answers. We all know attire does not always hide. Office meetings, lunch in places that you can not carry. Jackets can not be worn all the time. We do the best we can. Men have it easier ( I think) . Unless we are LEO we really can't carry all the time, and don't need to. Be ready in the car and at home.

NEOH212
05-20-2012, 16:21
I carry a Sig 229 .40 on the belt or IWB everywhere I can be legally armed. I don't go anywhere I can't be legally armed if I can help it. If I can't be armed in a particular establishment, I will still have my sidearm in the car. For me, a gun is never far away and I carry all the time.

Purse carry is a bad idea. Get a good holster and carry on the body.

CAL H. WATFORD
05-20-2012, 18:40
I think you hit it on the head."Anywhere I can be legall armed" . The dresses and businss clothes she wears in her profession just do not let her IWB. The purse with long shoulder strap allows her to have the LCR in her hand from office to car. Once in car there is no problem. She can have it in her lap if she feels inclined. .

Let me add that I have problems with IWB at times. There are not many restaurants in my state "Georgia" where the owners allow Carry. State law says ok if business allows. Can't have wine for dinner and be legal if carryting. Its just a fact, Concealed Carry is a good law but not allowed in all situations by the business owners. Gun Shows don't allow.
She will keep using her large purse and not tell anyone.

NEOH212
05-20-2012, 19:30
I think you hit it on the head."Anywhere I can be legall armed" . The dresses and businss clothes she wears in her profession just do not let her IWB. The purse with long shoulder strap allows her to have the LCR in her hand from office to car. Once in car there is no problem. She can have it in her lap if she feels inclined. .

Let me add that I have problems with IWB at times. There are not many restaurants in my state "Georgia" where the owners allow Carry. State law says ok if business allows. Can't have wine for dinner and be legal if carryting. Its just a fact, Concealed Carry is a good law but not allowed in all situations by the business owners. Gun Shows don't allow.
She will keep using her large purse and not tell anyone.

It sounds like her situation is unique and carrying in her purse, although not the optimum mode of carry, is better than not having a gun at all.