Raven Concealment [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment

3000fps
05-18-2012, 09:52
I'm looking for a holster to conceal my M&P and was wondering if any members can give some insight on the Raven Concealment holster?

Do you carry it OWB with a shirt over it, or IWB?

Is it bulkier than a CBST? I've found the CBST to conceal my firearm very nicely, but have wanted to try out a kydex holster for some time.

I'll be using it for every day concealed carry.

A'boy
05-18-2012, 10:00
The Phantom is a modular holster that can be worn IWB or OWB based on the accessories attached. It seems to be used more often worn OWB. In my opinion, since I do not have a Phantom, they do seem bulky when you add the weapon light. I've heard a few complaints but also no complaints when wearing it IWB. Like all holsters, I'm sure it all depends on clothes you wear, body type/build, etc.

I DO however have the ACR and love it. It is of course worn IWB.

TSAX
05-18-2012, 12:15
The Phantom is a modular holster that can be worn IWB or OWB based on the accessories attached. It seems to be used more often worn OWB. In my opinion, since I do not have a Phantom, they do seem bulky when you add the weapon light. I've heard a few complaints but also no complaints when wearing it IWB. Like all holsters, I'm sure it all depends on clothes you wear, body type/build, etc.

I DO however have the ACR and love it. It is of course worn IWB.

:agree:, the Crossbreed is more comfortable for IWB but the Raven is more versatile. The Raven is also a great OWB and you can get them to do a holster with a tac light if you want.

:50cal:

ratf51
05-18-2012, 20:12
I have 3 Ravens. The first was a Phantom LC which works with an attached tactical light. The light makes it a rather thick holster but it carries well. The second was/is a Phantom for my Combat Commander. I carried it a good bit OWB and I like it a lot. I have a Phantom for my G23 and it is now my current EDC. I highly recommend the pancake wings as an option. Needless to say, I like the Raven Concealment holsters. I have not really done any IWB carry with them but they are wonderful OWB. The holster pulls in close to the body when worn OWB. Get a good gun belt, too (if you don't have one already.) The last Raven I got was a quick ship option and I had it in under 6 weeks, I think the quick ship is an option for the M&P series.

dustbusterplus
05-18-2012, 23:27
While not a Raven, I have a modular kydex pancake holster made by X-Concealment and got some IWB tuckable soft loops for it. This is my EDC for my G27. The versatility of OWB loops is nice too.

Folsom_Prison
05-19-2012, 01:27
Pm me if you want to know a better option and quicker turn around.

Swamprattler
05-19-2012, 04:11
I have several Raven holsters, and after trying almost all of the attachments I have come to the conclusion that I am not sure why these holsters get so much attention. Some of the attachments on mine are starting to break. I think they make good OWB holsters, but IWB the holsters are not that comfortable. Other kydex holsters I've tried are much more comfortable, especially IWB. They do have the market right now for holsters with lights/lasers attached to them, so that is a plus. I am just not sure they would stand up to every day use.

A'boy
05-23-2012, 08:43
I have several Raven holsters, and after trying almost all of the attachments I have come to the conclusion that I am not sure why these holsters get so much attention. Some of the attachments on mine are starting to break. I think they make good OWB holsters, but IWB the holsters are not that comfortable. Other kydex holsters I've tried are much more comfortable, especially IWB. They do have the market right now for holsters with lights/lasers attached to them, so that is a plus. I am just not sure they would stand up to every day use.

They stand behind their product 150%!

Even if you buy your holster 2nd hand they will replace accessories that break, whether it is your fault or not! There is a thread on M4carbine.net where they offered and did replace a lesser made knock off when it's lifetime warranty was needed and not answered by the producer:faint: How's that for service?

I do think that for IWB with the Phantom, you probably need to be of a slightly bigger build/body type since the holsters are pretty good sized. I think smaller framed individuals may have a hard time with the kydex compared to a holster with less area.

OP, I forgot to answer your question about the Crossbreed -
I have two of them too and love them. Very comfortable and easy to forget it's there when dressed appropriately. If I hadn't made the transition to Appendix carry, I would still be using them today. I do still have them incase the need to use it again arises.

Little Joe
05-23-2012, 11:19

Even if you buy your holster 2nd hand they will replace accessories that break, whether it is your fault or not! There is a thread on M4carbine.net where they offered and did replace a lesser made knock off when it's lifetime warranty was needed and not answered by the producer:faint: How's that for service?

I do think that for IWB with the Phantom, you probably need to be of a slightly bigger build/body type since the holsters are pretty good sized. I think smaller framed individuals may have a hard time with the kydex compared to a holster with less area.

I have two of them too and love them. Very comfortable and easy to forget it's there when dressed appropriately. If I hadn't made the transition to Appendix carry, I would still be using them today. I do still have them incase the need to use it again arises.

Which appendix holster are you using?

Clusterfrack
05-23-2012, 11:22
I like my Raven. It holds my G17 very tight to the belt OWB. I haven't tried it IWB yet because it works so well outside.

I think there are better holsters than Crossbreed if you want that "tuckable" style. Check out Garrett and Tucker. I have a Tucker Answer, and it's a very comfortable, high quality holster. Not cheap though.

A'boy
05-23-2012, 16:27
Which appendix holster are you using?

The Raven ACR.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/appendix-carry-rig-acr/acr-holster

Rustin
05-23-2012, 17:19
I bet there are people who IWB carry FS pistol's with tac lights.

3000fps
05-23-2012, 18:36

Any idea on what the "knockoff" was? I just purchased one :shocked:

NEOH212
05-24-2012, 02:34
Well, I'll put it this way. I'm 128 pounds and just over five feet tall. I carry a the full size HK 45 in a Raven Concealment Phantom with all the Magpul dynamics options on it.

I carry my gun on the outside of my belt under a loose shirt. With my shirt over the gun, it can't be seen unless I really lean and bend, then it might print a little.

The draw is lightning fast, the fit and finish is fantastic, and the quality is outstanding! The Raven Phantom is simply the one holster that I don't know how I ever did without.

It's the kind of holster that when you put it on you say, "Where have you been all my life?"

Yes, it's that good and I highly recommend it.

Be prepared however to wait several months for delivery! (It's well wort the wait by the way!)

3000fps
05-24-2012, 07:26
Well, I'll put it this way. I'm 128 pounds and just over five feet tall. I carry a the full size HK 45 in a Raven Concealment Phantom with all the Magpul dynamics options on it.

I carry my gun on the outside of my belt under a loose shirt. With my shirt over the gun, it can't be seen unless I really lean and bend, then it might print a little.

The draw is lightning fast, the fit and finish is fantastic, and the quality is outstanding! The Raven Phantom is simply the one holster that I don't know how I ever did without.

It's the kind of holster that when you put it on you say, "Where have you been all my life?"

Yes, it's that good and I highly recommend it.

Be prepared however to wait several months for delivery! (It's well wort the wait by the way!)

Thank you very much Neoh, I'm 6'1 230 so it shouldn't be a problem then eh? :)

NEOH212
05-25-2012, 02:02
Thank you very much Neoh, I'm 6'1 230 so it shouldn't be a problem then eh? :)

Your welcome and I don't think you will have any problem at all! :supergrin:

A'boy
05-25-2012, 15:40
Any idea on what the "knockoff" was? I just purchased one :shocked:

I honestly can't remember. I'm having internet problems at the moment, but I'll try to locate it and put a link to it in this thread.

NEO,
That wait is tremendous isn't it? I just recieved my second ACR holster this week(for my P30), but you are right it is sooo worth it. Glad to hear about your great success with your Raven and your HK45 as well:wavey: