The search over!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The search over!!

KappaAlphaASU
05-18-2012, 17:48
After a very intense search for a Kahr CM9 & everyone being out of stock, I received a call from a dealer today telling me that he had some available. Without hesitation, I told him to order it. It should be in by Tuesday or so. I can't wait to get my hands on it, & when I do, I'll re-post with a range report. I just hope that it shoots as good as my CW9 that I regret getting rid of.

bac1023
05-18-2012, 21:16
Congrats! :cool:

oily_oink
05-19-2012, 08:42
Congrats on the CM! I almost bought a PM9, but backed out for whatever reason I had at the time.

Bob Hafler
05-19-2012, 10:47
Congrats on the CM9, I got very lucky when I was looking for a small single stack 9mm. I managed to run into a very slightly used, I'm talking not even broken in used PM9 w/night sightes on it. It has been my EDC pistol for the last two years.

Gregg702
05-19-2012, 11:03
I didn't know CM9's were becoming rare, glad you found one, you will love it.

Cole125
05-19-2012, 11:34
Congrats! I have been impressed with the quality of the Kahr firearms I have bought.

KappaAlphaASU
05-24-2012, 19:56
Took it to the range today & put 150 through it. I was highly impressed with the accuracy of this little guy. It was every bit as accurate as G22 duty gun as long as you pay attention to trigger control. Recoil was very minimal. I considered the recoil less than my LCP. Was was shooting 115 grain Blazer Brass. I would definitely recommend this firearm to anyone looking for a "pocket 9." When I got home I did a size comparison with it & my LCP with a Pearce grip extension. The Kahr is just a tad bit longer. As soon as I get qualified with it, I'll be carrying it on my ankle as my BUG since I'm in plain clothes & my G27 prints too much. I'm not very big (5'10" 165 lbs) so it should blend in just fine.

Folsom_Prison
05-25-2012, 00:00
Congrats!

ScottieG59
05-25-2012, 02:34
I am always seeing CM9's in the stores around here (Kansas City, KS). I am still not convinced the MIM parts are good enough. They may be, but I am not ready for it.

Out there in fly-over country...

L Pete
05-25-2012, 09:08
Scottie......whether we like it or not, MIM is here to stay. It's cheaper to make and probably just as durable. The manufacturers are in business to make money, and costs is effects their bottom line. Look for more MIM on larger parts on down the road. If they can make a firearm that cost them 1 cent to make and sell it for a 1000 dollars, they'll do it. I do notice that the quality of modern firearms is dropping, but the costs to me keeps rising. It's call capitalism. That's just the way it is....