Dissasembled Cleaned & Reassembled Mark III Last Nite! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dissasembled Cleaned & Reassembled Mark III Last Nite!

DaBurna
05-19-2012, 07:42
I did it all in one try... No cussing, fussing, or fighting with it!:supergrin:

Usually it makes me....:steamed::steamed::steamed::crying:

carloglock19
05-19-2012, 07:47
Thats a good feeling for sure! :supergrin:

3rdgen40
05-19-2012, 07:48
Congrats ! It's not as hard as everyone makes it seem.I detail stripped the lower on mine.Now that was an adventure...:supergrin:

Highspeedlane
05-19-2012, 07:57
It's not as bad as it seems once you've done it a couple of times.

What trips up most people (including myself the first few times I did it) is not keeping the muzzle tilted at about 45 degrees up when seating the mainspring housing so the hammer strut properly lines up to the cup in the mainspring housing.

If it doesn't get seated correctly the mainspring housing will close and now the bolt won't retract.

Highspeedlane
05-19-2012, 07:59
Congrats ! It's not as hard as everyone makes it seem.I detail stripped the lower on mine.Now that was an adventure...:supergrin:

Holy smokes you've got that right. I took out the mag disconnect on my MkIII Target so I could polish the tip and reduce interference with mag removal.

Two hours and a lot of swearing later I had it back together. You need three hands but I only had two.

Bob Hafler
05-19-2012, 08:25
Congrats Glad you got it right the first time.
I think people get it in there heads that it's going to be this huge PITA before they even start. Then it becomes one because they have it in there mindset already. If you read the directions and watch some of the videos and you go in there calm and confident that you can do it, you will do it.
If it doesn't work out as planned the first time simply take it a part and start over.( I didn't get it right the first time and it was no big thing.) Sooner or later you will see what your doing wrong if you stay calm and pay attention. Getting bent out of shape if it doesn't work out at first is self defeating. Your better off walking away for a while and come back with a new frame of mind.
Once you get it right you'll ask yourself WTH was so hard about that?

El_Ron1
05-19-2012, 09:16
Congrats. A lotta these guys would be layin' on a couch, blabberin' to Dr. Phil about how daddy never spent enough time with them.

40 0'Glock
05-19-2012, 09:46
I love disassembling my MkIII. I have a Zen like mastery of it where I become one with the pistol.

DaBurna
05-19-2012, 10:07
I had a few threads I stated beamoaning the process.... But now I think I've gotten the hang of it....almost got caught up on the mainspring part again...but I stopped and made sure I felt the "springiness" before I closed that latch!

CajunBass
05-19-2012, 12:41
Not quite the brain surgery the 'net would lead you to believe, is it?

XNDR17C
05-19-2012, 12:51
I love disassembling my MkIII. I have a Zen like mastery of it where I become one with the pistol.

Same here. I also have an early 50's Standard as well as a Mark II and have reached the point where I actually enjoy disassembling and cleaning my Ruger pistols more than I enjoy shooting them.

But now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it's the working with the pistols or the fumes from the cleaning solvents that give me the most enjoyment.

Cole125
05-19-2012, 13:39
Yeah its not as bad as most people think. I have disassembled my MKIII a few times and and once you figure it out its easy.

I don't clean the gun every time I shoot it, just take it apart clean when its so dirty it starts malfunctioning.

collim1
05-19-2012, 14:29
I have had a MKI for years and I still cant get it right the first time. I usually just boresnake it a few times when I start getting jams.