Springfield Armory "Combat Tupperware". [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Armory "Combat Tupperware".

TN.Frank
05-19-2012, 09:49
Just got the XD45 home and cleaned up. Grip feels nice, don't even really notice the grip safety. Like the fact that it has Standard Rifling so I can shoot my cast lead handloads without having to buy a new barrel. Came with 2/13 round mags and one 10 round mag, guess the guy didn't know to buy another 13 rounder, no big deal, 10+1 of 45acp HP's should get the job done. Went with a Blackhawk SERPA holster this time instead of Fobus. Seems to fit the gun pretty well. Anyway, as per Forum policy here's a pic.
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1715/xd45.jpg
Now I need to take it outback and put a few rounds through it to see what it's going to hit. :supergrin:

kahrcarrier
05-19-2012, 09:53
Looks good.

I think XDs are fine pistols. Glad you got away from Fobus, though.

bac1023
05-19-2012, 12:02
Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

faawrenchbndr
05-19-2012, 12:17
So, XD is the flavor of the month? Love the XD, I think the XDm is
Even better. Not surebI would have parted with a 1911 for the XD though.

What are your general 1st impressions of the XD?

deputy tom
05-19-2012, 12:26
Well I'm glad you made it home with your new pistol. That title kind of threw me a curve tho. tom.:cool:

TN.Frank
05-19-2012, 13:49
So, XD is the flavor of the month?
LOL, yep. Long as I've got my 642 for EDC/CCW I feel ok about checking out other guns for HD. Like they say, you never know until you give it a try.

Love the XD, I think the XDm is
Even better. Not sure I would have parted with a 1911 for the XD though.
If it would have been a higher end 1911 like a Ruger, Kimber or even a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec I don't think I would have done the trade either.

What are your general 1st impressions of the XD?
I like it. The concerns I had a few months back about the grip safety(guess you can find my thread on the forum here somewhere) were pretty much a non-issue. I don't even really notice that grip safety at all. The grip feels good, I've got large hands so the extra length of the grip that some folks don't like actually works out pretty well for me. I think it's a really nice looking gun, not as "plain" looking as a Glock or even a S&W M&P, more "Sporty" if you know what I mean.
I like the metal trigger and sights, that's a step up from the plastic ones on the Glocks. The Melonite finish is suppose to be as durable as Tennifer from what I've read so that's also a good point to the gun.
Seems like there are some aftermarket parts for the XD's, not nearly as many as for the Glock but then you have to figure the XD has only been out since 2000 or so and the XD45's since 2006 so I'm sure the market will catch up.
If weather permits I'd like to take the gun out back tomorrow morning and run a few rounds through it to make sure that A) it's going to run ok and B) it hits where I aim it.
From all I read about the XD's they're suppose to eat just about anything so I'm not really worried that it'll not run and they're also suppose to be reasonably accurate, maybe not as accurate as the XDm(Match barrel, better trigger and sights, ect.) but I'm sure plenty good enough for HD work and plinking.

It's funny, with so many companies making Poly guns I guess you can't call just Glocks "Combat Tupperware" anymore, XD's, M&P's, PX4's all fit the bill for that title. Either way I guess this is the Wave of the Future, might as well ride the Wave. LOL

deputy tom
05-19-2012, 13:59
Frank,just so you know combat tupperware is Glocks. Croatian Sensation is HS 2000/XD pistols.All the rest are plastic guns. The BIG question is did you shoot it yet? tom.

Foxtrotx1
05-19-2012, 14:05
It's a myth that you cannot shoot lead through polygonal rifling. One that keeps being passed along by people who have never done it.

tc2129
05-19-2012, 14:15
I've had my XD .45 since Springfield came out with them. I really like mine. It is my nightstand gun with a TLR-1 attached.

TN.Frank
05-19-2012, 16:34
Frank,just so you know combat tupperware is Glocks. Croatian Sensation is HS 2000/XD pistols.All the rest are plastic guns. The BIG question is did you shoot it yet? tom.

Sounds like the name of a Boxer or something,LOL.
Nope, not shot it yet. Glock19Fan is home from Afghanistan and we're suppose to get together tomorrow after Church and go out shooting. Hopefully things will work out and we'll get to put a few rounds down range. Heck, I might just go out in the back yard and put a few rounds through it just to see where it hits. Got a plastic box with 200 lbs of play sand in it, stops pretty much anything I throw at it. It's my 7 yrd. range.

NEOH212
05-19-2012, 17:12
Nice gun and holster!

(Don't shoot yourself in the leg!) :tongueout:

barth
05-19-2012, 17:17
Nice XD
This one keeps calling my name...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/ceelfi/XDS.jpg

Nestor
05-19-2012, 17:37
Exactly as predicted, 1911 "the best platform in the World" didn't last all that long...

TSAX
05-19-2012, 18:57
Crap I thought you were getting the 5 inch version, SA has done a recall on all the 4 inch models like the one you have because they are to addictive :supergrin:

Congrats :wavey:

:50cal:

TN.Frank
05-19-2012, 19:56
Exactly as predicted, 1911 "the best platform in the World" didn't last all that long...

So who did I hurt by making the trade Nestor? Mind your own business and we'll all be fine.:dunno:

carloglock19
05-19-2012, 20:26
Nice XD. How hard was it to trade the 1911?

TN.Frank
05-19-2012, 21:57
Nice XD. How hard was it to trade the 1911?

I had to think about it a bit, it shot really well and was only a few parts from being just where I wanted it to be but money is tight, my wife isn't going to be getting any overtime and despite my best efforts I've still not landed a job so that $75 bucks I got with the deal will fill my wife's mini van with gas and buy a few groceries for next week. Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do and let the chips fall where they may.

Nestor
05-20-2012, 00:29
So who did I hurt by making the trade Nestor? Mind your own business and we'll all be fine.:dunno:

I guess knowing people here is my business after all.
All kinds of people.
Have fun Franky.
Can't wait to see another "the best" pistol of yours.

TN.Frank
05-20-2012, 07:42
I guess knowing people here is my business after all.

That's just it though, you DON'T Know me, we've never met, never hung out together, never had a few cold ones together so really, all you got is a few words you read here on the forum so really you know very little about me.
I really wish folks would STOP Making it THEIR Business to micro manage what I do. I'm a Big Boy, I think I can make up my own mind as to which guns I keep and which ones I sell/trade.

The 1911a1 IS a great platform, love to get another one(Springfield Armory Mil-Spec) when I get back to work. For now a 13+1 shot poly gun makes more sense for HD then the ATI did even though it was decent enough.

I think my OCD did an end run here since both the S&W 642 and the Springfield XD I now own come from companies that start with the letter "S". Sneeky little OCD,LOL.

I think I'll get out and put a mag full through the gun after I've had my Tea and Pop Tarts so I can see where it's going to hit. Then hopefully Glock19Fan will come through and we'll go shooting later today so I can really ring it out.

deputy tom
05-20-2012, 07:43
Sounds like the name of a Boxer or something,LOL.
Nope, not shot it yet. Glock19Fan is home from Afghanistan and we're suppose to get together tomorrow after Church and go out shooting. Hopefully things will work out and we'll get to put a few rounds down range. Heck, I might just go out in the back yard and put a few rounds through it just to see where it hits. Got a plastic box with 200 lbs of play sand in it, stops pretty much anything I throw at it. It's my 7 yrd. range.

Sounds like a plan. Give Glock19Fan a slap on the back and hearty handshake from me. Enjoy the day.tom.:wavey:

TN.Frank
05-20-2012, 07:50
Sounds like a plan. Give Glock19Fan a slap on the back and hearty handshake from me. Enjoy the day.tom.:wavey:

Thanks, I will. I'm just glad he made it back in one piece from Afghanistan. I just wish all our Troops could come home and be back with their families. Anyway, I'll post a pic of the group I shoot and give a little report on what I think of the XD after I do some shooting with it.

deputy tom
05-20-2012, 08:07
Thanks, I will. I'm just glad he made it back in one piece from Afghanistan. I just wish all our Troops could come home and be back with their families. Anyway, I'll post a pic of the group I shoot and give a little report on what I think of the XD after I do some shooting with it.

Excellent. I can't wait to see the group. I pray every night that our service men and women will return home safe,whole and soon.tom.:cool:

brisk21
05-20-2012, 08:22
Very nice!! The XD is always an underrated design in my book.

Rustin
05-20-2012, 08:25
Great gun. I haven't shot one yet but I hear they are wonderful.

40 0'Glock
05-20-2012, 08:50
Congrats. I fired a friend's XD45 and found it to be a very soft shooter.

deputy tom
05-21-2012, 16:54
Nice XD
This one keeps calling my name...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/ceelfi/XDS.jpg

Go ahead. Answer the call.tom.:supergrin: