Did Jesus give us a hint ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Did Jesus give us a hint ?

ModGlock17
05-19-2012, 13:01
Luke 10:18 : Jesus replied, "I saw Satan fall like LIGHTNING from HEAVEN."

Jesus spoke Aramaic, language of the Hebrew. We need English translation of those words, but were the translations done with the full meaning of the words as it was meant to communicate to us ?

We need help from a Hebrew dictionary.

Look at Strong's Hebrew Dictionary word #1299, a Hebrew word for LIGHTNING.
http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/STRHEB12.htm
LIGHTNING = "baraq"
also http://concordances.org/hebrew/1300.htm

Now look at Strong's word #1116, a Hebrew word for "high place, elevation high, above" or heaven high.
http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/STRHEB11.htm
Heaven high = "bamah"

in Hebrew, the word "o" is used to link two concepts together: baraq o bamah

Then Jesus said, "I saw Satan falling like baraq o bamah."

Was that a hint? Someone just pointed that out to me. I am intrigued, to say the least.

G23Gen4TX
05-19-2012, 13:20
That's the dumbest thing I have heard in a while.

"o" in Hebrew is OR. So it's Baraq OR Bamah. Pick between the two.

And Bamah is the word used in Hebrew for "Stage" as in a stage for performance. It has NOTHING to do with heaven.

ModGlock17
05-19-2012, 13:40
Search those two words (any search engine) and there's a bunch of websites came up. Evidently this has been around for quite awhile now. I have to "get out" more. LOL

steveksux
05-19-2012, 14:04
Of course, many many hints. That's why Jesus made scientists, to find the clues... :supergrin:

Randy

Foxtrotx1
05-19-2012, 14:07
Jesus made weed so we could all chilax and calm the hell down. That was a big hint of the problems to come.

KennyFSU
05-19-2012, 14:08
Wow, that's a new one to me...

And just as ridiculous lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

user
05-26-2012, 15:35
No, it's not a hint, it's a literary allusion to the noncanonical or apocryphal Book of Enoch. The same book that talks about Lilith, Adam's first wife, God's unsuccessful experiment in female production. Widely regarded as the source of a lot of the Jewish and Christian Gnosticism of the First and Second Centuries.

I think the reference is specifically to that body of Gnostic thought. Jesus is placing himself within the context of Gnostic cosmogenic myth, because of the transcendent nature of his unity with God. It's not a description of events so much as an identifying claim.

recycooler
05-26-2012, 17:03
I think Barry Satoro made that up.:whistling:

SIGlock
05-28-2012, 20:57
Obama is not that important for Jesus to even bother to give us a hint.

Bad for America at this moment, yes. But Obama is too dumb to be a world leader. True Satan would be able to fool the entire world. There are plenty of people he can't fool. All we need is 50.01% to send him packing out of the whitehouse.

Even if he somehow got elected again....still he would never get more than 60% of the people voting for him in 2012 election. True Satan would get ALL the vote....including the world. For he was supposed to bring "Peace" on earth, making the covenant with Israrel, solving all world problems, etc.

Obama is a joke. And Jesus would not even bother to give us any hint.

fowl intent
05-30-2012, 07:52
SIGlock, I don't disagree with your basic premise, that "O" is a joke, but he represents what is dreadfully wrong with our political process. Our country has been so lacking in real, viable political candidates, on both sides, for so long, that we can now elect a veritable unknown, with questionable credentials, questionable history to the highest office in the land. The American people are for the most part disinterested, lazy and gullible. They are satisfied to make their political choices based on 20 second soundbites, and talking points regurgitated to them by the TV political pundits. As long as we let the large corporations and the elitists nominate and fund the campaigns for our political leaders, we will suffer the consequences.

ModGlock17
06-01-2012, 21:54
They are satisfied to make their political choices based on 20 second soundbites, and talking points regurgitated to them by the TV political pundits. ......

Some did. Others were herded onto a bus ride to polling places and were paid $20 or a pack of cigarette. Now you know how those millions of dollars donated to his campaign will likely be used.

At least one complaint of such events was filed with the state election board in N Carolina, which barely went his way, by a local election official who is a relative of mine. Nothing was ever done, except that she was eased out of that position by the time 2010 election came along. Do you really think the Justice Dept. is going to look into this? Trayvon fits their battle cry better.

And when it is said that "people" voted for him, it was never specified "what kind" of people, dead or alive, real or fictional characters, US citizen or not.