Scott Walker's Lead Growing in Wisconsin Recall [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Walker's Lead Growing in Wisconsin Recall

snerd
05-20-2012, 04:05
Don't tell them union thugs................
Democrats’ hopes of ousting Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker in June’s recall election, seem to be slipping out of reach, as the state’s biggest newspaper gave the incumbent a huge boost late on Saturday.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel formally endorsed Walker in his battle to keep his job when he faces off against the city’s own mayor, Tom Barrett.
Read more on Newsmax.com: Scott Walker's Lead Growing in Wisconsin Recall (http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Walker-Wisconsin-recall-polls/2012/05/19/id/439628#ixzz1vP2l2e8D)

Brucev
05-20-2012, 05:03
Thugs? Really? You can do better than that.

As to walker... republicans need to try to hide him away. He wears the koch label. That won't wear well if they try to dress him up for anything in the future.

As to the recall... the voters will decide. If walker survives, he will be crippled. If he looses, the new gov. will be a short-termer who will immediately have to start running for re-election. The state is split right down the middle. Good for the status-quo.

Bruce H
05-20-2012, 05:19

As to walker... republicans need to try to hide him away. He wears the koch label. That won't wear well if they try to dress him up for anything in the future.

As to the recall... the voters will decide. If walker survives, he will be crippled. If he looses, the new gov. will be a short-termer who will immediately have to start running for re-election. The state is split right down the middle. Good for the status-quo.

A man who runs for office then does what he said he will. Must be a really strange concept to the likes of you. Has anybody ever had a thought that you haven't taken a dump on because it offends your sensibilities.

This country could use a million more like Scott Walker. If for no other reason than to watch people like you strangle on their own bile.

cdog533
05-20-2012, 08:24
A man who runs for office then does what he said he will. This country could use a million more like Scott Walker.

Word.

aircarver
05-20-2012, 09:07
Good News:

There are still more producers than leeches, and they've had enough .....:whistling:

W420Hunter
05-20-2012, 09:53

I myself am not so sure about the hile split down the middle idea. I shall point out a post made a few days ago in witch they claimed to have a million people behind his recall, only to have 650,000 show up. I think there are two reasons for this. The first is the large number of college activists that complain but never show up to vote. The othere is more a problem with the day and age we live in. I fully believe a large number of people who have a problem with him are not even from the state. Case in point a friend of mine who posted on her face book the link to the recall page begging people to put there names down, and she lives in Ohio.

JFrame
05-20-2012, 10:32
I don't get it...Union thugs convey such a positive impression...

:whistling:

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 10:34

Yes. Thugs. Really is the most appropriate description for the union behavior we've seen in Wisconsin.

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 10:36
As to walker... republicans need to try to hide him away. He wears the koch label.

You prefer the Che' Tshirt, huh?

snerd
05-20-2012, 11:13
http://oklahoma-online.com/che.jpg

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 12:34
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brucev
05-20-2012, 13:09
A man who runs for office then does what he said he will. Must be a really strange concept to the likes of you. Has anybody ever had a thought that you haven't taken a dump on because it offends your sensibilities.

This country could use a million more like Scott Walker. If for no other reason than to watch people like you strangle on their own bile.

Guess it's never a surprise to see trashy people trash everything they touch.

Happily the scott walkers of this world don't hang around long. Men who look like they are about to have a baby generally check out before they can draw on their wives social security. :wavey:

Brucev
05-20-2012, 13:14
I myself am not so sure about the hile split down the middle idea. I shall point out a post made a few days ago in witch they claimed to have a million people behind his recall, only to have 650,000 show up. I think there are two reasons for this. The first is the large number of college activists that complain but never show up to vote. The othere is more a problem with the day and age we live in. I fully believe a large number of people who have a problem with him are not even from the state. Case in point a friend of mine who posted on her face book the link to the recall page begging people to put there names down, and she lives in Ohio.

Doubtless as in other polls, etc., there are those who voice an opinion yet who are not voters in the state. Numerous polls on gun rights run by various regional papers often draw imput from people throughout the nation, etc. It's just the way things go.

The state is very much divided ... just about down the middle. The winners will be the ones who show up at the polls. If walker is lucky, the true believers will come out and vote to keep him in office. With the koch money buying influence, he may make it. Regardless, he is indelibly marked as the bought and paid for boy of koch and company. He is about like huey p. long... just up north.

Brucev
05-20-2012, 13:16
Yes. Thugs. Really is the most appropriate description for the union behavior we've seen in Wisconsin.

"We've seen...?" Are you a resident of Wisconsin? Have you actually witnessed "thug" activity by unions in Wisconsin? Are are you merely referencing what you've read reported by other sources. Are these sources credible or are these sources simply political mouthpieces?

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 13:17
"We've seen...?" Are you a resident of Wisconsin? Have you actually witnessed "thug" activity by unions in Wisconsin? Are are you merely referencing what you've read reported by other sources. Are these sources credible or are these sources simply political mouthpieces?

It isn't 1930. We have television cameras.

Not that they're even necessary. Thuggery and unions are like stink and feces.

Brucev
05-20-2012, 13:18

I don't wear a lot of t-shirts. But when I do, I prefer to wear t-shirt that convey a theme about running. However, when overseas, I have always made a point of wearing the loudest most colorful and noticeable t-shirt possible with a patriotic American theme. Recently that was a eagle against a U.S. flag backdrop. You... you go head and wear whatever you floats your boat. :wavey:

F350
05-20-2012, 14:13
Brucev-

Koch Brothers; Koch Brothers; Koch Brothers; Koch Brothers; Koch Brothers; :tongueout::tongueout:

I'll take a couple AMERICAN businessmen over a turn coat Jew NAZI collaborator any day!

G29Reload
05-20-2012, 14:59

Punks. Hoodlums. Organized crime. Marxist Communist charlatans. Thieves. Extortionists. Commie bastards.

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 15:01
Punks. Hoodlums. Organized crime. Marxist Communist charlatans. Thieves. Extortionists. Commie bastards.

Not charlatans! :shocked:

happyguy
05-20-2012, 15:37

Really? Why? Thugs is the perfect descriptor.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Brucev
05-20-2012, 15:54
Brucev-

Koch Brothers; Koch Brothers; Koch Brothers; Koch Brothers; Koch Brothers; :tongueout::tongueout:

I'll take a couple AMERICAN businessmen over a turn coat Jew NAZI collaborator any day!

Can't see that the koch bros. are much different than the bros. in the hood... just gangstas in khakis. That's about all.

Brucev
05-20-2012, 15:55

Why stop there! Your just getting going. At this point you only sound like a john birch 2.0. Try harder. You might just be able to be... creative.

Brucev
05-20-2012, 15:56
Really? Why? Thugs is the perfect descriptor.

Regards,

Mislabeling is common when people don't know what they are talking about.

Brucev
05-20-2012, 15:56
It isn't 1930. We have television cameras.

Not that they're even necessary. Thuggery and unions are like stink and feces.

Hum... like wall streeters and corruption go together... right.

happyguy
05-20-2012, 16:11

And pretending that union thugs and thuggery haven't been involved is tantamount to lying.

Regards,

callihan_44
05-20-2012, 17:40
Hum... like wall streeters and corruption go together... right.

unions and democrats, a cancer eating away at the republic

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 18:58
Hum... like wall streeters, government regulation and corruption go together... right.

I fixed it for ya.

Ruble Noon
05-20-2012, 19:39

Can't see that the koch bros. are much different than the bros. in the hood... just gangstas in khakis. That's about all.

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 19:43

That sounds a wee bit racist.

Are you saying that black men in the "hood" are all criminals?

And that the Koch brothers are criminals like all the black men in the "hood"?

One thing is clear: You are certainly stereotyping young black men in "the hood".

They say Progressives are the deepest racists. I see what they mean.

Brucev
05-20-2012, 20:21
unions and democrats, a cancer eating away at the republic Cancer... a out of control growth. Very apt description of fed. govt. transfer payments to the military industrial complex. Very apt indeed. Applied to unions... no. Unions are just people who organize to get a better deal for themselves in the work place. Of course business doesn't like it. So what? There's lots of things business doesn't like. Recon they hate the unions so much because they don't like having to compete for political power. As to demokrats... won't even get started.

concretefuzzynuts
05-20-2012, 20:25
You are very predictable Bruce. I thought there was hope for you but your mind is too clouded with racism and propaganda. It appears you are nothing more than a liberal plant.

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 20:26
Unions are just people who organize to get a better deal for themselves in the work place.

Yeah, right. That's all it is. Nothing to see there.

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 20:26
You are very predictable Bruce. I thought there was hope for you but your mind is too clouded with racism and propaganda. It appears you are nothing more than a liberal plant.

Neo

Marxist

Revolutionary

Brucev
05-20-2012, 20:33
I fixed it for ya.

You should have paid more attention is school. Your reading and comprehension skills are lacking. Happily there are remedial courses that can help you. Best of luck to you as you seek to improve.:wavey:

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 20:36
You should have paid more attention is school. Your reading and comprehension skills are lacking. Happily there are remedial courses that can help you. Best of luck to you as you seek to improve.:wavey:

Nevermind little ole me. Are there any further derogatory remarks you would like to make about young black men?

Brucev
05-20-2012, 20:52
[QUOTE=certifiedfunds;18991608]That sounds a wee bit racist.

Are you saying that black men in the "hood" are all criminals? All? No. Probably no more than those who comprise the criminal element on wall street.

And that the Koch brothers are criminals like all the black men in the "hood"? No. The koch's are much more dangerous to the nation. Much more dangerous indeed. They and the agenda they support are a clear and present danger.

One thing is clear: You are certainly stereotyping young black men in "the hood". Probably been spending to much time reading post from extremist who are consumed with fear of the changing face of America and overwhelmed by what they correctly see as their declining ability to control the political process of the nation.

They say Progressives are the deepest racists. I see what they mean. "They say..." how wonderfully vague. If that is your opinion, be man enough to say so.

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 20:57
[QUOTE=certifiedfunds;18991608]That sounds a wee bit racist.

Are you saying that black men in the "hood" are all criminals? All? No. Probably no more than those who comprise the criminal element on wall street.

And that the Koch brothers are criminals like all the black men in the "hood"? No. The koch's are much more dangerous to the nation. Much more dangerous indeed. They and the agenda they support are a clear and present danger.

One thing is clear: You are certainly stereotyping young black men in "the hood". Probably been spending to much time reading post from extremist who are consumed with fear of the changing face of America and overwhelmed by what they correctly see as their declining ability to control the political process of the nation.

They say Progressives are the deepest racists. I see what they mean. "They say..." how wonderfully vague. If that is your opinion, be man enough to say so.

Oh, it is most definitely my opinion. Man enough for ya?

Your post certainly validates my opinion.

Still can't figure out that complicated "Quote" button, eh?

All in all your post is a mish-mash of gibberish in an attempt to backtrack over the overtly racist remarks you made, generalizing black men in "the hood" as thugs. I understand that one's perspective is shaped by one's life experiences. Perhaps you've never met upstanding and respectable young black men?

How do you feel about hispanics?

Brucev
05-20-2012, 20:57
Neo

Marxist

Revolutionary

Better - - - Thorn... In... The ... Side. Always happy to offer the sharp end of a stick to those who need to be stuck.

coastal4974
05-20-2012, 20:58
Unions exist to force employers to compensate employees more than they are worth.

Brucev
05-20-2012, 20:58
Yeah, right. That's all it is. Nothing to see there.

Not from you.

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 20:59
Your Progressive propaganda is only overshadowed by your sharp intellectual wit.

certifiedfunds
05-20-2012, 21:00
Better - - - Thorn... In... The ... Side. Always happy to offer the sharp end of a stick to those who need to be stuck.

Is that a threat of violence?

Brucev
05-20-2012, 21:02

Hope is a good thing. But, when reading some of the dribble posted here to defend a so called conservative :thought," one quickly realizes that one must abandon all hope to enter into such a benighted way of thinking.

Brucev
05-20-2012, 21:04
[QUOTE=certifiedfunds;18991816]Nevermind little ole me. Are there any further derogatory remarks you would like to make about young black men?[/QUOTE When speaking of gangstas, whether in the hood or on wall street, if the shoe fits wear it.

concretefuzzynuts
05-20-2012, 21:26
Hope is a good thing. But, when reading some of the dribble posted here to defend a so called conservative :thought," one quickly realizes that one must abandon all hope to enter into such a benighted way of thinking.

But you fail to see the liberal way of thought is too radically opposite. If a flow of belief is too one sided, it is illogical to think to swing to the extreme opposite is the answer. Go to the root of our politics in this country, the answer is there. The constitution.

Mister_Beefy
05-21-2012, 02:33

not with the swear filter in place you can't.

Fox News Reporter Assaulted By Union Thug Protesters In Wisconsin - YouTube

Bruce H
05-21-2012, 05:39
Must be great to think so highly of oneself that every other opinion is deficient. I'll bet you sing Mac Davis's song Hard to be Humble all the time.:rofl:

Skyhook
05-21-2012, 05:53

Maybe we should all view the impact that 'peaceful' demonstration in the WI capitol bldg had on that place?

How expensive was their 'peaceful' demonstration for the people of WI ---?:whistling:

Brucev
05-21-2012, 06:57
[quote=Brucev;18991883]

Oh, it is most definitely my opinion. Man enough for ya?

Your post certainly validates my opinion.

Still can't figure out that complicated "Quote" button, eh?

All in all your post is a mish-mash of gibberish in an attempt to backtrack over the overtly racist remarks you made, generalizing black men in "the hood" as thugs. I understand that one's perspective is shaped by one's life experiences. Perhaps you've never met upstanding and respectable young black men?

How do you feel about hispanics?

Not concerned with your opinion(s).

Quote button? Why? Not using it seems to bother you so much. Why stop?

Your concerns about stereotypes are as compelling as the protest of a prostitute or a crack dealer complaining they are only trying to do business.

Brucev
05-21-2012, 07:01
Unions exist to force employers to compensate employees more than they are worth.

So... the unions are such a problem? For who? The doctors? The nurses? The military personnel? The factory workers? The teachers? The police officers? The firemen? The farmers? The field workers? The waitresses/waiters? The... fill in the blank. Unions are only a problem for those who want to play one man against another man in a race to the bottom of the wage barrel.

Apparently unions are not a problem when it is businesses that want to join together to advocate for their own best interest.

Brucev
05-21-2012, 07:02
Is that a threat of violence?

You really need to work on your understanding of metaphor, etc. Linear thinking will end up taking you to dead ends.

Brucev
05-21-2012, 07:05
But you fail to see the liberal way of thought is too radically opposite. If a flow of belief is too one sided, it is illogical to think to swing to the extreme opposite is the answer. Go to the root of our politics in this country, the answer is there. The constitution.

I wish it were possible to simply believe that by appeal to the COTUS all wrongs could be righted. It is not possible. Those in power will use the COTUS as a tool to retain power, regardless of if they are conservative or liberal. That is just the way it is. The very root of our nations politic was a limited franchise/participation. Happily that has been eliminated. The consequences are messy for those who would prefer a more privileged structure. They will just have to learn to live with it. The majority of citizens are not willing to surrender their prerogatives to those who style themselves as the deciders of society.

coastal4974
05-21-2012, 07:08
So... the unions are such a problem? For who? The doctors? The nurses? The military personnel? The factory workers? The teachers? The police officers? The firemen? The farmers? The field workers? The waitresses/waiters? The... fill in the blank. Unions are only a problem for those who want to play one man against another man in a race to the bottom of the wage barrel.

Apparently unions are not a problem when it is businesses that want to join together to advocate for their own best interest.

All that ranting does't change the fact that unions exist to force employers to compensate employees more than they are worth.

Brucev
05-21-2012, 07:09
not with the swear filter in place you can't.

Fox News Reporter Assaulted By Union Thug Protesters In Wisconsin - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOP902PvlaM)

Not impressed. To pretend that such an incident as this typifies unions is as rational as to suppose that all police men are corrupt and involved in drugs, etc. It soothes the concerns of some who are afraid of loosing power/control. But that is all. It is like putting a band aid on a broken arm. They still must deal with their own failed system.

Brucev
05-21-2012, 07:11
Must be great to think so highly of oneself that every other opinion is deficient. I'll bet you sing Mac Davis's song Hard to be Humble all the time.:rofl:

Hum... in a nice baritone voice... it could be a real hit! Real appeal for the "Me generation." Probably playing on a Ipod near you! Doubtless already on your playlist.

Brucev
05-21-2012, 07:13
Maybe we should all view the impact that 'peaceful' demonstration in the WI capitol bldg had on that place?

How expensive was their 'peaceful' demonstration for the people of WI ---?:whistling:

Jefferson once opined that a little rebellion now and then was a good thing. He was on to something. As to the cost involved, that's the price of progress.

Skyhook
05-21-2012, 08:19

I was just wondering what that smell was... rotting elitism is incredibly powerful stuff.

The left elites will soon be in their death spasms and then what shall we do with all those putrid carcasses, huh?
DISCLAIMER

(Just kidding... just kidding... ya all can take a joke, can't ya? ) :supergrin:

Lethaltxn
05-21-2012, 09:04
As to the cost involved, that's the price of progress.

Liberal thinking at its finest.

concretefuzzynuts
05-21-2012, 09:17
I wish it were possible to simply believe that by appeal to the COTUS all wrongs could be righted. It is not possible. Those in power will use the COTUS as a tool to retain power, regardless of if they are conservative or liberal. That is just the way it is. The very root of our nations politic was a limited franchise/participation. Happily that has been eliminated. The consequences are messy for those who would prefer a more privileged structure. They will just have to learn to live with it. The majority of citizens are not willing to surrender their prerogatives to those who style themselves as the deciders of society.

Actually you are wrong, yet again. The constitution was written not to subjugate the people of this country but rather to control the governments power over the people. You socialist elitists believe it does not give the government enough power as you state in this post. You wish for a more powerful government to control us, its citizens. NDAA is an example.

Brucev
05-21-2012, 12:54
I was just wondering what that smell was... rotting elitism is incredibly powerful stuff.

The left elites will soon be in their death spasms and then what shall we do with all those putrid carcasses, huh?
DISCLAIMER

(Just kidding... just kidding... ya all can take a joke, can't ya? ) :supergrin:

You smell something? Surprise! It's called "fresh air." :tongueout:

Brucev
05-21-2012, 12:56
Liberal thinking at its finest.

Thinking. Cool. It's what more people need to do. As to liberal or conservative... a pox of both. Let people think for themselves.

Brucev
05-21-2012, 13:02
Actually you are wrong, yet again. The constitution was written not to subjugate the people of this country but rather to control the governments power over the people. You socialist elitists believe it does not give the government enough power as you state in this post. You wish for a more powerful government to control us, its citizens. NDAA is an example.

The COTUS is a remarkable document authored by imperfect men emerging from dependent colonialism to independent nationalism. They were not divinely inspired nor was it carved immutable by the hand of God on rock. The citizens of this nation do not exist to serve it. The COTUS exist to serve the citizens of this nation. It changes to address the needs of the nation. And as occurred multiple times in the development of the American experience, power shifts from those who seek to cling to it to those who will have it, and use it. That is precisely the sort of change that is now taking place. We are living in interesting times. Cool.

snerd
05-21-2012, 14:23
The COTUS is a remarkable document authored by imperfect men........
That's why they included a means to amend it. Do it how it's supposed to be done......... legally and Constitutionally! It's so easy to understand, even a caveman gets it!

http://hqnapa.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/neandrethalcaveman.png

Bruce H
05-21-2012, 18:37
Hum... in a nice baritone voice... it could be a real hit! Real appeal for the "Me generation." Probably playing on a Ipod near you! Doubtless already on your playlist.

A post not directed at anyone by name but the sucker swallowed the bait and ran with it. Get over yourself.

Ruble Noon
05-21-2012, 20:06
The COTUS is a remarkable document authored by imperfect men emerging from dependent colonialism to independent nationalism. They were not divinely inspired nor was it carved immutable by the hand of God on rock. The citizens of this nation do not exist to serve it. The COTUS exist to serve the citizens of this nation. It changes to address the needs of the nation. And as occurred multiple times in the development of the American experience, power shifts from those who seek to cling to it to those who will have it, and use it. That is precisely the sort of change that is now taking place. We are living in interesting times. Cool.

You rail against, what do you call him? Oh yeah, the "squatter" yet you back the union thugs who support the "squatter". You rail against capitalism and now you think obama's change is cool.
Basically you only complain about obama occupying the oval office, seem a little disgruntled about it. I have to ask, do you also go by Hillary? :dunno:

hogship
05-21-2012, 21:28

Don't forget about that big fat slob walrus boy asleep on the floor........

ooc

Brucev
05-21-2012, 22:36
You rail against, what do you call him? Oh yeah, the "squatter" yet you back the union thugs who support the "squatter". You rail against capitalism and now you think obama's change is cool.
Basically you only complain about obama occupying the oval office, seem a little disgruntled about it. I have to ask, do you also go by Hillary? :dunno:

You really need to work on your comprehension skills.

snerd
05-21-2012, 23:17
Wis. recall leaders struggle to gain momentum
Amid signs that the effort to oust Republican Gov. Scott Walker is losing ground, Wisconsin Democrats and union leaders are preparing a fundraising and get-out-the-vote push to regain momentum in the final weeks before the June recall election.

Opponents of Walker are concerned that the governor, aided by a huge influx of money from conservative supporters nationwide, has opened a lead in a race that had been dead even in the polls.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WISCONSIN_RECALL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-05-21-17-56-15

series1811
05-22-2012, 04:56

Thank you for posting this so clearly. Because, there are a lot of people out there, who just don't realize that there are people like you out there, and that if we don't fight to preserve what has to be the greatest governmental document ever written, it will be taken away from us.

Brucev
05-22-2012, 05:29
That's why they included a means to amend it. Do it how it's supposed to be done......... legally and Constitutionally! It's so easy to understand, even a caveman gets it!

http://hqnapa.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/neandrethalcaveman.png

Ah... "do it the way it's supposed to be done." Why? Doing it the way it is suppose to be done only allowed those in control to maintain control. Finding other ways allows those who want to make changes to make changes regardless of what those in control want... or do not want. And ... why, when a better way of long standing is already at hand? Simply note the rise of the judiciary in general and the supreme court in particular. Now conservatives and even liberals are beginning to see just how destructive was that toxic invention of Marshall, the idea of "judicial review" (Marbury v. Madison ... 1803). Jefferson rightly described is as making of the COTUS a thing of wax in the hands of unelected illegitimates. But, neither is willing to return to the clear intent and statement of the COTUS. For each the judiciary possessing a usurped political power constitutes their weapon of choice to advance their own particular agendas by which they serve their owner operators.

Brucev
05-22-2012, 19:16
Thank you for posting this so clearly. Because, there are a lot of people out there, who just don't realize that there are people like you out there, and that if we don't fight to preserve what has to be the greatest governmental document ever written, it will be taken away from us.

The COTUS does not belong lock, stock and barrel to you or any other interest group. The COTUS is not written for the sole benefit of any single or group of interest. It is written for "we the people." And we the people are comprised of your interest group... and all the other interest groups that together make up the U.S. body politic. If this fries your grits, then get used to the taste. If you fear that any changes to the COTUS will threaten your interest, then you must act through the processes available to advocate for your point of view. If you prevail, you prevail. If you fail, you live with it. But, the COTUS will not be taken away from you. For it has never belonged to you. It has always belonged to "we the people." Cool. Power to the people!

Snowman92D
05-22-2012, 19:28
Interesting. Looks like things ain't going so well for the union thugs in their commie red T-shirts there in Wisconsin. :rofl:

QNman
05-22-2012, 20:00

it's "loses", not "looses". But otherwise... time will tell. The ballot box will tell. Will you be able to see the writing on the wall if he should win? That's really the question.

QNman
05-22-2012, 20:07
Cancer... a out of control growth. Very apt description of fed. govt. transfer payments to the military industrial complex. Very apt indeed. Applied to unions... no. Unions are just people who organize to get a better deal for themselves in the work place. Of course business doesn't like it. So what? There's lots of things business doesn't like. Recon they hate the unions so much because they don't like having to compete for political power. As to demokrats... won't even get started.

I gots as far as "military industrial comlex". DU codewords... yes?

concretefuzzynuts
05-22-2012, 20:23
The COTUS does not belong lock, stock and barrel to you or any other interest group. The COTUS is not written for the sole benefit of any single or group of interest. It is written for "we the people." And we the people are comprised of your interest group... and all the other interest groups that together make up the U.S. body politic. If this fries your grits, then get used to the taste. If you fear that any changes to the COTUS will threaten your interest, then you must act through the processes available to advocate for your point of view. If you prevail, you prevail. If you fail, you live with it. But, the COTUS will not be taken away from you. For it has never belonged to you. It has always belonged to "we the people." Cool. Power to the people!

I've noticed a pattern, Bruce. You communicate in long rambling sentences strung together in (usually) one big paragraph. It is a "shotgun" approach of propaganda used by Joseph Goebbels. Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not comparing you personally to Goebbels, just noting the similar approach.

I knew you'd ask:

http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/goeb14.htm

"Goebbels was not a particularly deep thinker, but he was quick."

AND:
http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v15/v15n1p18_Weber.html

"It is also common to imagine that, however skilled, Goebbels was little more than a clever ranter who won support from his countrymen by appealing to base feelings of envy, revenge, conceit and arrogant pride."

Wait a minute, this could be applied to the liar and chief to!

series1811
05-23-2012, 04:05

And, again, thank you, for reminding us it will not be the Constitution that is taken away from us, but what it created and maintained for so long.

pugman
05-23-2012, 05:34

I am a life long resident of this state. My cousin was the former Republican Governor candidate; my brother worked in the state's senate for ten years...if you want to argue Wisconsin politics...let's go.

Yes, I have seen thug-like tactics of the union.

I know and have argued, discussed, debated and talked with numerous union members. I have seen what they are capable of.

Union members encouraged students to call in sick to school then go to the state capital and protest on the behalf of the teachers. This was broadcast on the 6 o'clock news...some students even gave the local channels an interview? So noncustodial adults encouraged children to break the law (truancy) for their benefit. I am happy kids want to get involved with politics, its one of the many failings of this country, but this crosses the line.

Again, for the record I am neither a conservative, liberal, Democrat or Republican. I vote issue and results. The simple fact is the Wisconsin union members do not produce results.

This recall is solely being fueled by the union members of this state (and ironically the candidate they endorsed didn't win the nomination). This union has just under 200,000 members in a state with a population of 5.7 million.

Over 80% of this state's budget doesn't go to roads, schools, trucks, cars, computers, land, tax relief, infrastruture maintenance etc. It goes to pay for this 3.5% of the population's pay and benefits.

I hate labels and therefore rarely use them...if you don't like the word thug replace it with incompetent and unaccountable workers. Hell, replace it with angels if you want. The point is Scott Walker closed a huge budget deficit, has brought jobs back to the state and lowered property taxes.

My wife recently interviewed for a state job at UW-Madison. These people, in a job interview, are saying "I know you hear in the news Scott Walker is taking away all our benefits...but really what is left isn't that bad?" Really, in a job interview you bring up politics? Unless you are interviewing for a political based position - this crosses the line. I'm surprised they didn't ask if she was Jewish or Muslim. The questions were squarely aimed at whether she would support the union or not.

Point in fact: if my wife would have been offered the job (they hired an internal candidate) it would have been a better package then she ever saw in the private sector

Brucev
05-23-2012, 06:38
[QUOTE=pugman;19000962]I am a life long resident of this state. My cousin was the former Republican Governor candidate; my brother worked in the state's senate for ten years...if you want to argue Wisconsin politics...let's go. Fine. You then are worth a listen.

Yes, I have seen thug-like tactics of the union. All ears.

I know and have argued, discussed, debated and talked with numerous union members. I have seen what they are capable of. Waiting for examples, etc.

Union members encouraged students to call in sick to school then go to the state capital and protest on the behalf of the teachers. This was broadcast on the 6 o'clock news...some students even gave the local channels an interview? So noncustodial adults encouraged children to break the law (truancy) for their benefit. I am happy kids want to get involved with politics, its one of the many failings of this country, but this crosses the line. What's the problem? Why shouldn't teachers (union members) tell the truth to everyone, including students? Why shouldn't students speak if asked what they think? As to "truancy," not impressed. As to involvement in the political process..., no this does not "cross the line." It does however put pressure on those who would otherwise have things all their own way.

Again, for the record I am neither a conservative, liberal, Democrat or Republican. I vote issue and results. The simple fact is the Wisconsin union members do not produce results. You are misinformed. Like it or not, teachers work with the best children parents/homes can provide. Alchemists tried and tried but could not produce gold from lead. Teachers can try and try, but there is only so much they can do with marginal students. Those are the plain facts. Given the circumstances in which they work, on the whole teachers do a very good job.

This recall is solely being fueled by the union members of this state (and ironically the candidate they endorsed didn't win the nomination). This union has just under 200,000 members in a state with a population of 5.7 million. The current recall reflects broad dissatsifaction with the state administration for its failures in performance as well as its ongoing legal problems. Those employees who are members of unions are not automatically by default stripped of their civil rights. As to membership, the number of state residents who are members of a police, fire, doctors union, etc. would be much less. No one seems to have a problem with doctors, firemen, police, etc. acting for their professional interest. Teachers are no different.

Over 80% of this state's budget doesn't go to roads, schools, trucks, cars, computers, land, tax relief, infrastruture maintenance etc. It goes to pay for this 3.5% of the population's pay and benefits. Why is this important. Why is this a problem?

I hate labels and therefore rarely use them...if you don't like the word thug replace it with incompetent and unaccountable workers. Hell, replace it with angels if you want. The point is Scott Walker closed a huge budget deficit, has brought jobs back to the state and lowered property taxes. Prejoratives are used to communicate and advance a agenda. Calling law abiding teachers thugs simply and only because they are members of the teachers union is just a political tactic, nothing more and nothing less. It is a common method used when an argument is weak.

I initially was pleased with the election of the current governor. His in office performance, etc. has been checkered. Only a blind partisan can affirm him. A unbiased appraisal weighs him in the balance and finds him wanting. At best he will not further damage the state.

As to jobs, estimates of those lost or gained are very much driven by the desired political objective of those doing the counting... or recounting.

As to lower property taxes, so what? That whine has been the common and constant drone of those who resent having to pay anything for anything except the few things they personally like/desire. Balkanizing people into hostile interest groups only serves to allow those with no legitimate investment in a community/state to strip mine a community/state leaving behind only a trashed result. Of course the great fear of such people is that folks will not be so devoted to their single issue that they cannot work together to affect positive change. So they spend lots of money to swing elections. And dissatisfaction builds until there is a political backblast. Then, when the worm turns... the folks who tried to hold things back have to deal with the consequences. Very fine.

My wife recently interviewed for a state job at UW-Madison. These people, in a job interview, are saying "I know you hear in the news Scott Walker is taking away all our benefits...but really what is left isn't that bad?" Really, in a job interview you bring up politics? Unless you are interviewing for a political based position - this crosses the line. I'm surprised they didn't ask if she was Jewish or Muslim. The questions were squarely aimed at whether she would support the union or not. Wish all the best for your wife in her efforts to find meaningful employment. Wish all the best for those who work as state employees. As to politics and employment, etc., it is reality. You have a problem with it being used because you think it will not help your agenda. They would likely have exactly the same concern. State employees have no less right to be concerned for their own interest than those who complain about state employees having a concern for their own interest.

Point in fact: if my wife would have been offered the job (they hired an internal candidate) it would have been a better package then she ever saw in the private sector. Have no idea at all what is your wife's job experience, etc. Do know that employment, compensation, etc. are dynamic dependent on location, competitive cost, etc. Hopefully your wife will be able to find employment in a field that will allow her to maximize her compensation and vocational opportunity.

series1811
05-23-2012, 08:20
Step away from the keyboard ......... and take a deep breath.

G29Reload
05-23-2012, 11:29
Prejoratives are used to communicate and advance a agenda. Calling law abiding teachers thugs simply and only because they are members of the teachers union is just a political tactic, nothing more and nothing less. It is a common method used when an argument is weak.

And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

In this case its nothing of the sort, the union members are being called thugs because they ARE. violent protests, vandalism in the Capitol, acts of harassment are the mark of thugs. Thats' what they are, vicious rabble rousers, and they're going to lose badly when Waker gets re-elected.

You're wrong as usual, because your leftist canards are weak, and you're making a lie out of actual events.

Lethaltxn
05-23-2012, 11:50
Thinking. Cool. It's what more people need to do. As to liberal or conservative... a pox of both. Let people think for themselves.

You really need to work on your comprehension skills

Brucev
05-23-2012, 12:00
And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

In this case its nothing of the sort, the union members are being called thugs because they ARE. violent protests, vandalism in the Capitol, acts of harassment are the mark of thugs. Thats' what they are, vicious rabble rousers, and they're going to lose badly when Waker gets re-elected.

You're wrong as usual, because your leftist canards are weak, and you're making a lie out of actual events.

All my aunts are dead... as are my uncles and grandmothers and grandfathers. Even my mother and father are dead. So what?

Union members are called thugs by the same sort of folks who call the koch's loyal Americans. Violent protest were the hallmark of the free men who refuse to knuckle under to an assumptive authoritarian regime. Remember that those who once held the reigns of power opined that those in the streets pulling down statues of king george were "rabble," etc., etc. Happily the rabble who stood at Lexington, Concord and finally Yorktown lived to see their children rise up and call them partiots. So it goes. It's all the exact same. There is simply no difference at all.

The complaints currently being voiced at such action reflect the same realities when our nation was being born... the vast majority of people are not supporting either "side." As the process moves forward, the vast majority will support which ever side best produces actual results that benefit the vast majority.

concretefuzzynuts
05-23-2012, 12:21
I see you've started using more paragraphs, Bruce.

QNman
05-23-2012, 16:43
?..Union members are called thugs by the same sort of folks who call the koch's loyal Americans. Violent protest were the hallmark of the free men who refuse to knuckle under to an assumptive authoritarian regime. Remember that those who once held the reigns of power opined that those in the streets pulling down statues of king george were "rabble," etc., etc. Happily the rabble who stood at Lexington, Concord and finally Yorktown lived to see their children rise up and call them partiots. So it goes. It's all the exact same. There is simply no difference at all.

So let me make sure I have this right... it is acceptable to call the Koch's every form of derogatory, because they have the gall to be wealthy. However, calling union members "thugs" when they are acting in a thuggish way is somehow the last resort of the weak-minded?

Please don't compare union protestors to our founding fathers. If you don't see how repugnant and faulty that is, then your mind really has surrendered to the utopians.

Ruble Noon
05-23-2012, 16:47
So let me make sure I have this right... it is acceptable to call the Koch's every form of derogatory, because they have the gall to be wealthy. However, calling union members "thugs" when they are acting in a thuggish way is somehow the last resort of the weak-minded?

Please don't compare union protestors to our founding fathers. If you don't see how repugnant and faulty that is, then your mind really has surrendered to the utopians.

+1 :agree:

Brucev
05-23-2012, 17:09
[QUOTE=QNman;19003155]So let me make sure I have this right... it is acceptable to call the Koch's every form of derogatory, because they have the gall to be wealthy. However, calling union members "thugs" when they are acting in a thuggish way is somehow the last resort of the weak-minded? The koch bros. are clearly identified. They are not a class of people. If you wish to post the names, etc. of individuals in unions who are acting like what you term as "thugs," fine.

Please don't compare union protestors to our founding fathers. If you don't see how repugnant and faulty that is, then your mind really has surrendered to the utopians. History repeats itself. The comparison as made is precisely accurate. It may come as a surprise to you that the founding fathers were "rebels." In the eyes of the establishment, either royal or parliament, the founding fathers were criminals, insurgents, etc. Now those with a vested interest seek to describe anyone who disagrees with them as rebels, etc. History repeats itself.

Ruble Noon
05-23-2012, 17:13
History repeats itself. The comparison as made is precisely accurate. It may come as a surprise to you that the founding fathers were "rebels." In the eyes of the establishment, either royal or parliament, the founding fathers were criminals, insurgents, etc. Now those with a vested interest seek to describe anyone who disagrees with them as rebels, etc. History repeats itself.

Whatcha smokin' behind the pulpit there Bruce?

G29Reload
05-23-2012, 17:26
All my aunts are dead... as are my uncles and grandmothers and grandfathers. Even my mother and father are dead. So what?

You missed the point entirely. You really have to pay attention.

But, in other matters….

HOORAY! You learned…FINALLY…to use the quote thingy.

About time!:upeyes:

Brucev
05-23-2012, 17:33
Whatcha smokin' behind the pulpit there Bruce?

Smoking? Never! Hurts the lungs, etc. I like running, etc. to much to mess up like that. :cool:

XNDR17C
05-23-2012, 18:26
[.

The koch's are much more dangerous to the nation. Much more dangerous indeed. They and the agenda they support are a clear and present danger.

Please spell out the agenda of the Koch Brothers and why it is such a "clear and present" danger.

Lethaltxn
05-23-2012, 19:05
Please spell out the agenda of the Koch Brothers and why it is such a "clear and present" danger.

I'd be interested in this as well.

Ruble Noon
05-23-2012, 19:15
I'd be interested in this as well.

Me too. From what I have seen, the evil Koch brothers employ a lot of well paid people. They also donate a lot of money to their community. Evil, evil capitalists they are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_family

QNman
05-23-2012, 20:34
The koch bros. are clearly identified. They are not a class of people. If you wish to post the names, etc. of individuals in unions who are acting like what you term as "thugs," fine.

I need not identify individuals to know thuggish behavior when I see it. And I've yet to see a single instance where you've specified your grievances with the Koch family other than "they're rich". Not to mention you miss the point entirely - the point of your blatant hypocrisy.

History repeats itself. The comparison as made is precisely accurate. It may come as a surprise to you that the founding fathers were "rebels." In the eyes of the establishment, either royal or parliament, the founding fathers were criminals, insurgents, etc. Now those with a vested interest seek to describe anyone who disagrees with them as rebels, etc. History repeats itself.

You know the founding fathers weren't protesting having to actually pay for a small portion of their health benefits, right?

You're only embarrassing yourself further. Many of these buffoons wouldn't know the Declaration from the COTUs from their union charter. They think they have a "right" to whatever the hell they want.

QNman
05-23-2012, 20:38

Don't hold your breath. Bruce thinks no one should make more than he does. Regardless of the source of wealth.

Weird how it's ok for a union thug to make more than their private counterparts, but let someone who earns his cash do so wiithout governmental theft to redistribute, and there is much angst.

Brucev
05-23-2012, 22:50

Your not going to like the answer to your question, but here it is... educate yourself. Specifically read and learn to think for yourself. Then you will not need to ask someone to help you understand, etc. :wavey:

Brucev
05-23-2012, 23:05
[QUOTE=QNman;19004115]I need not identify individuals to know thuggish behavior when I see it. And I've yet to see a single instance where you've specified your grievances with the Koch family other than "they're rich". Not to mention you miss the point entirely - the point of your blatant hypocrisy. In exchanges such as this, no one expects to persuade anyone to change their views. The statements made are to annoy/anger. The ones who will change their minds are not reading these threads.

You know the founding fathers weren't protesting having to actually pay for a small portion of their health benefits, right? Actually much of the complaint on taxes stemmed from resenting being expected to pay associated with the defense of the colonies. Imagine that. The protest over taxes stemmed from objection to having to pay for defense cost.

You're only embarrassing yourself further. Many of these buffoons wouldn't know the Declaration from the COTUs from their union charter. They think they have a "right" to whatever the hell they want. Ah... one can feel the love! There are those who confuse their own self-interest with what is best for we the people. Happily we the people have a wonderful mechanism by which to correct such contused thinking. It is called the ballot. Wonderful idea that! The voters cast ballots. And the majority wins. Majority rule is so very ... fair. Cool.

Brucev
05-23-2012, 23:22
[QUOTE=QNman;19004127]Don't hold your breath. Bruce thinks no one should make more than he does. Regardless of the source of wealth. Many people are not consumed with concern about what someone makes, etc. But, some are. You appear to be one of them. Let those who make more pay more in tax, regardless of the source of that income, dividend, royalty, etc. Money is money. Tax it all the same. Even Reagan figured that out about capital gains and income tax on income. He even advocated it. Cool.

Weird how it's ok for a union thug to make more than their private counterparts, but let someone who earns his cash do so wiithout governmental theft to redistribute, and there is much angst. Hum... thought someone was concerned with the idea that everyone should make all they could. Does this only apply to certain people? Are union members excluded? Explain that one to police, firemen, teachers, doctors, accountants, truck drivers, etc. Explain it to them how they are to only make whatever is considered enough but not to much ... by those who resent the idea that they might be making to much money ... all the while expecting that they themselves will be making just as much money as they can and feeling cheated if another man or woman doing the same job makes more money.

As to "govt. theft," someone is obviously not getting enough sleep. That is a simple but effective way to address such confused thinking.

Bruce H
05-24-2012, 05:30
Your not going to like the answer to your question, but here it is... educate yourself. Specifically read and learn to think for yourself. Then you will not need to ask someone to help you understand, etc. :wavey:

Which means you don't have one clue about what you are talking about. Other than liking the sound of your own fingers is there anything you are proficient at?

series1811
05-24-2012, 05:38
Unions were originally a good idea, and in theory, still are. But, the unions did themselves in when they let organized crime be their business model, mentors, partners, and leaders.

It's too late to fix that now. Sometimes, you really can screw something up so badly it can't be fixed.

QNman
05-24-2012, 07:00
Bruce, your waxing poetic notwithstanding, your views comparing taxation without representation and "gimme more for less" is absurd. What color is the sky in your fantasy land?

Male all you can from the sweat if your own brow. Whether teacher or investors. Just don't "collectively bargain" by holding others hostage and then claim you are the same as an entrepreneur who works 60-hours a week and puts his house on the line to make his business grow.

My only concern with wealth is to keep those who haven't earned it out of my damn pocket. I pay my "fair share" and then some. Can you say the same?

Ps - firemen and policemen were exempt from this, yes? So stop using them as a club.

Cavalry Doc
05-24-2012, 08:53
Unions were originally a good idea, and in theory, still are. But, the unions did themselves in when they let organized crime be their business model, mentors, partners, and leaders.

It's too late to fix that now. Sometimes, you really can screw something up so badly it can't be fixed.

Unions should be a check and a balance. They should have well trained individuals that simply make sure that the laws are followed and fairly applied. When they start saving bad employees from getting disciplined/fired, or get involved with politics, that is a corruption of the system.

I'd love to have a separation of politics and labor that was even stronger than separation of church and state.

Cavalry Doc
05-24-2012, 08:58
[QUOTE=QNman;19004115]I need not identify individuals to know thuggish behavior when I see it. And I've yet to see a single instance where you've specified your grievances with the Koch family other than "they're rich". Not to mention you miss the point entirely - the point of your blatant hypocrisy. In exchanges such as this, no one expects to persuade anyone to change their views. The statements made are to annoy/anger. The ones who will change their minds are not reading these threads.

You know the founding fathers weren't protesting having to actually pay for a small portion of their health benefits, right? Actually much of the complaint on taxes stemmed from resenting being expected to pay associated with the defense of the colonies. Imagine that. The protest over taxes stemmed from objection to having to pay for defense cost.

You're only embarrassing yourself further. Many of these buffoons wouldn't know the Declaration from the COTUs from their union charter. They think they have a "right" to whatever the hell they want. Ah... one can feel the love! There are those who confuse their own self-interest with what is best for we the people. Happily we the people have a wonderful mechanism by which to correct such contused thinking. It is called the ballot. Wonderful idea that! The voters cast ballots. And the majority wins. Majority rule is so very ... fair. Cool.

Like a lot of things, too much of a good thing is bad. Democracy is one of those things.

XNDR17C
05-24-2012, 10:56

Typical answer from a typical left wing union hack who can do nothing but parrot the bile spewed by his union masters.

I'm suprised you took the time from prostrating yourself at the feet of your masters to give a typical left wing union style non-answer.

I know the answer, and the question was not directed at me by me, but was directed at you to get your answer to why YOU think the Koch Brothers are such a danger. Can you honestly answer the question or are you going to use the typical ploy of the democrat/union/left wing and deflect?

snerd
05-24-2012, 11:09
Obama campaign operatives in WI now working exclusively to defeat Scott Walker

http://www.therightscoop.com/obama-campaign-operatives-in-wi-now-working-exclusively-to-defeat-scott-walker/

aircarver
05-24-2012, 11:13
I think they been doing that all along ...

Brucev
05-24-2012, 11:57
Typical answer from a typical left wing union hack who can do nothing but parrot the bile spewed by his union masters.

I'm suprised you took the time from prostrating yourself at the feet of your masters to give a typical left wing union style non-answer.

I know the answer, and the question was not directed at me by me, but was directed at you to get your answer to why YOU think the Koch Brothers are such a danger. Can you honestly answer the question or are you going to use the typical ploy of the democrat/union/left wing and deflect?

Typical? You must really spend a lot of time focusing on politics, etc. As to any masters... you'll have to speak from your own experience. I am not and have never been a member of any union.

If you are frustrated that you do not receive whatever response you expect, get over it. Barbs and jabs exchanged in threads like this seldom rise to the level of serious thoughtful exchange. Barbs and jabs in exchanges like this are about the equivalent of working with a speed bag, etc. The score board is not turned on because its just practice, training. That is all.

The people whose opinions matter are the ones who have not yet made up their minds. They will not be persuaded by people who scream and shout in outrage. They may be turned off, but they will not be persuaded. To win their support, one has to speak intelligently. Give it a try. If you try it, people just might listen to you.

Lethaltxn
05-24-2012, 12:01
Typical? You must really spend a lot of time focusing on politics, etc. As to any masters... you'll have to speak from your own experience. I am not and have never been a member of any union.

If you are frustrated that you do not receive whatever response you expect, get over it. Barbs and jabs exchanged in threads like this seldom rise to the level of serious thoughtful exchange. Barbs and jabs in exchanges like this are about the equivalent of working with a speed bag, etc. The score board is not turned on because its just practice, training. That is all.

The people whose opinions matter are the ones who have not yet made up their minds. They will not be persuaded by people who scream and shout in outrage. They may be turned off, but they will not be persuaded. To win their support, one has to speak intelligently. Give it a try. If you try it, people just might listen to you.

Sounds like you should take your own advice.

QNman
05-24-2012, 18:02
Sounds like you should take your own advice.

Beat me to it...

More class envy and rhetoric from Bruce. Must be Thursday.

JFrame
05-24-2012, 19:01
Beat me to it...

More class envy and rhetoric from Bruce. Must be Thursday.

Ya know -- I wish class envy only had one day...

certifiedfunds
05-24-2012, 20:09
The Neo Marxists are growing bolder.

XNDR17C
05-24-2012, 20:23

I guess I was correct, you would rather deflect than give us your informed opinion on why you believe the Koch brothers are so dangerous.

certifiedfunds
05-24-2012, 20:45
Unfettered democracy and unions are the tools of Marxist revolutionaries throughout history. Majority rule is unchecked evil and has led to mass murder, genocide and political prisoners every time.

The Koch brothers' political philosophy imposes nothing on another. That certainly can't be said of their opponents.

It's enough to make one wonder why some here oppose liberty so vehemently.

QNman
05-24-2012, 21:26
Ya know -- I wish class envy only had one day...

For some, it is a way of life. Easier to covet your neighbor than put your back into earning that which you desire.

"And the grasshopper said, 'why does the ant need so much when we grasshoppers have so little?'"

QNman
05-24-2012, 21:27
Unfettered democracy and unions are the tools of Marxist revolutionaries throughout history. Majority rule is unchecked evil and has led to mass murder, genocide and political prisoners every time.

The Koch brothers' political philosophy imposes nothing on another. That certainly can't be said of their opponents.

It's enough to make one wonder why some here oppose liberty so vehemently.

Because sloth abhors liberty.

certifiedfunds
05-24-2012, 21:29
Public unions negotiate against politicians, who commit to things they don't have to pay for, the consequences of which they won't be around to deal with or be held accountable for.

Public unions negotiate against their neighbors in order to be paid above-market wages.

certifiedfunds
05-24-2012, 21:32
Because sloth abhors liberty.

And when the majority decides they don't want guns "etc" anymore, cool.

When the majority decides they don't want to tolerate religious freedoms "etc" anymore, cool.

When the majority decides to enslave a minority "etc", cool.

QNman
05-24-2012, 21:42

When the majority decides they don't want to tolerate religious freedoms "etc" anymore, cool.

Exactly.

G29Reload
05-24-2012, 21:47
Unions were originally a good idea, and in theory, still are.

Unions were originally a good idea, and no longer are.

Everything that unions pushed originally,

-40 hr workweek,
-OT pay,
-safe working conditions
-no child labor,

etc, etc, were such good ideas that they were codified into law.

As a result, the unions continued existence is no longer necessary, except for collective wage bargaining, and that can be handled by the free market.

You don't like what you're being paid? Find another job. Your feet aren't nailed to the floor. Enough people vote with their feet, the company will find itself short handed and raise wages to attract and retain the proper labor base it needs.

OSHA deals with worker safety. That's it, all unions do at this point is pursue unrealistic wage agreements that damage competitiveness by making products too expensive.

Hey, where'd my job go?!

China, where its cheaper because you greedy union goons forced the cost of doing business up beyond realistic.

certifiedfunds
05-24-2012, 21:49
There is a reason why the COTUS isn't amended by a simple "majority" or by popular vote.

certifiedfunds
05-24-2012, 21:51
Unions were originally a good idea, and no longer are.

Everything that unions pushed originally,

-40 hr workweek,
-OT pay,
-safe working conditions
-no child labor,

etc, etc, were such good ideas that they were codified into law.

As a result, the unions continued existence is no longer necessary, except for collective wage bargaining, and that can be handled by the free market.

You don't like what you're being paid? Find another job. Your feet aren't nailed to the floor. Enough people vote with their feet, the company will find itself short handed and raise wages to attract and retain the proper labor base it needs.

OSHA deals with worker safety. That's it, all unions do at this point is pursue unrealistic wage agreements that damage competitiveness by making products too expensive.

Hey, where'd my job go?!

China, where its cheaper because you greedy union goons forced the cost of doing business up beyond realistic.

Actually, all of this:

-40 hr workweek,
-OT pay,
-safe working conditions
-no child labor,

Could have been handled the same exact way.

G29Reload
05-24-2012, 22:04
Actually, all of this:

Could have been handled the same exact way.

I'm not sure that's true. Maybe eventually, but the history of labor relations before the rise of the unions left a terrible toll on workers and it took decades, ages to fix. Things do happen for a reason, and I think the unions made their point and what made sense is now law. Child labor regs is one.

But at that point, as far as I'm concerned, the unions worked themselves out of a job.

It's just down to cash now in the free market, and the internet makes communication about market conditions much easier for people to navigate the workplace. Unions now are approaching complete irrelevance.

certifiedfunds
05-24-2012, 22:21
I'm not sure that's true. Maybe eventually, but the history of labor relations before the rise of the unions left a terrible toll on workers and it took decades, ages to fix. Things do happen for a reason, and I think the unions made their point and what made sense is now law. Child labor regs is one.

But at that point, as far as I'm concerned, the unions worked themselves out of a job.

It's just down to cash now in the free market, and the internet makes communication about market conditions much easier for people to navigate the workplace. Unions now are approaching complete irrelevance.

Child labor, as distasteful as it is, is a part of every evolving industrial economy, as are unsafe working conditions and long hours.

Of course, the real reasons unions still exist are to:

a. Launder money for the DNC.
b. Serve the interests of union leadership
c. Provide comfortable digs for CPUSA.

ricklee4570
05-25-2012, 03:22
Almost everything in life is performance driven. Almost every profession (non-union) is performance based. Athletes make more who produce more. Workers make more who over achieve and work harder.

Unions are different. They are based usually not on performance at all. Which is just plain weird. And it encourages laziness. Kind of like tenure in schools. It allows the bad teachers to keep their jobs.

Bruce H
05-25-2012, 05:31
Not to get too far off the rails but how is Scott Walker doing against the we don't like you crowd?

Some polls show him up eight to ten points. What is the word on the street.

Brucev
05-25-2012, 07:37
There is a reason why the COTUS isn't amended by a simple "majority" or by popular vote.

Of course there is. It is the exact same reason why the amendment process is in the COTUS. Specifically, there will from time to time be a need for change. And, that change will be determined by the will of the majority. Simple. It's how things get done.

Brucev
05-25-2012, 07:43

When the majority decided... you are right. There are no guarantees. The founding fathers recognized change would be necessary. They understood that routine and frequent change would not be wise and structured the COTUS so that such change by amendment would require extended deliberation and final approval by a broad majority of voters.

Is it possible that rights originally or now currently guaranteed in the COTUS could be excised? Yes. It is. Given the political realities current in the U.S., it is not likely. But there is a mechanism in place by which it could be done. In the end, it is entirely up to "we the people."

Brucev
05-25-2012, 07:53
Public unions negotiate against politicians, who commit to things they don't have to pay for, the consequences of which they won't be around to deal with or be held accountable for.

Public unions negotiate against their neighbors in order to be paid above-market wages.

Public unions serve their membership, i.e., policemen, firemen, teachers, garbage collectors, nurses, etc. These people are all members of the community.

Elected officials are responsible to act for the common good, which not surprisingly includes those who serve the public.

Public employees, represented by their unions, negotiate for wages/benefits in exactly the same way that private employees negotiate, for exactly the same reasons and with exactly the same rights.

The ultimate deciders in this matter are we the people. That is exactly how it should be. We the people make up our minds as to exactly what we think is best. And then everyone, those who agree and those who do not agree, live with that decision. Cool.

Rodman24
05-25-2012, 08:19
Public unions serve their membership, i.e., policemen, firemen, teachers, garbage collectors, nurses, etc. These people are all members of the community.

Elected officials are responsible to act for the common good, which not surprisingly includes those who serve the public.

Public employees, represented by their unions, negotiate for wages/benefits in exactly the same way that private employees negotiate, for exactly the same reasons and with exactly the same rights.

Serving membership is not always the top priority of Union officials (public and private). Public union members may be a part of the community, but again that doesn't necessarily mean that they're all serving the community first, and themselves second. Some do, some don't.

Likewise, being responsible for the public good isn't always the top priority of politicians. If those priorities were as they should be, we wouldn't have quite the same problems.

A key distinction between public and private unions, is that private unions don't make contributions to the election campaigns of company management. For obvious reasons.

Excel at what you do and you will be rewarded. Union membership is not required. If you deserve more money, ask for it. And if someone is preventing you from your rewards, take your talents elsewhere. Your employer's competition will be more than happy to pay you what you're worth.

pugman
05-25-2012, 10:55
Of course there is. It is the exact same reason why the amendment process is in the COTUS. Specifically, there will from time to time be a need for change. And, that change will be determined by the will of the majority. Simple. It's how things get done.

Ignorance must be bliss.

You realize George W LOST the popular vote (i.e. the majority) in 2000 by 500,000 votes right? (543,985 to be exact)

QNman
05-25-2012, 12:42

But it's not decided by a majority. Not even a simple majority of Congress. Amendments are extremely difficult by design. But you knew that, didn't you?

QNman
05-25-2012, 12:43
Ignorance must be bliss.

You realize George W LOST the popular vote (i.e. the majority) in 2000 by 500,000 votes right? (543,985 to be exact)

Just as Bill Clinton won, but not with a majority - twice.

certifiedfunds
05-25-2012, 17:11
When the majority decided... you are right. There are no guarantees. The founding fathers recognized change would be necessary. They understood that routine and frequent change would not be wise and structured the COTUS so that such change by amendment would require extended deliberation and final approval by a broad majority of voters.

Is it possible that rights originally or now currently guaranteed in the COTUS could be excised? Yes. It is. Given the political realities current in the U.S., it is not likely. But there is a mechanism in place by which it could be done. In the end, it is entirely up to "we the people."

It appears you need to brush up on your high school civics. The amendment process is well insulated from the unfettered "majority", for a reason. In fact, were you better versed in such things you would recognize that the framers implemented several decidedly anti-democratic protections in the governmental apparatus. Progressives have bemoaned this for 100 years and have successfully destroyed several of them, one of which is in my sigline.

Unfettered democracy and majority rule is exceedingly dangerous for some of the reasons I've already illustrated. Of course, you know this. Majority rule is the tool of choice for Neo Marxist revolutionaries when bombs and blood are undesirable.

certifiedfunds
05-25-2012, 17:23

:rofl:

:rofl:Sorry but the ROTFLMAO smilie just says more than words ever can in some instances, this definitely being one.

This is simply a lie. A private employer is responsible for his balance sheet and has a fiduciary duty to his shareholders. This isn't true of a political body. Moreover, a government can seize private property and utilize deadly force to pay union contracts. The government can stick a gun in your face and make you pay for their union vote buying. Public unions, by proxy, can stick a gun in the face of their neighbors or seize their property to collect on a contract that the neighbor never agreed to. It is a sick, twisted, disgusting dynamic. Surprises me not that you support it.

The ultimate deciders in this matter are we the people. That is exactly how it should be. We the people make up our minds as to exactly what we think is best. And then everyone, those who agree and those who do not agree, live with that decision. Cool.

Wrong yet again. Willful ignorance is an ugly thing. You really should check out a civics textbook from your local taxpayer-funded library.

JFrame
05-26-2012, 10:28
Unfettered democracy and majority rule is exceedingly dangerous for some of the reasons I've already illustrated. Of course, you know this. Majority rule is the tool of choice for Neo Marxist revolutionaries when bombs and blood are undesirable.

Yup -- the Founding Fathers fully understood the consequences of mob rule.

The French Revolution may have been inspired by the American one, but it went down that unfortunate path.

Brucev
05-26-2012, 12:12
[QUOTE=Rodman24;19009199]Serving membership is not always the top priority of Union officials (public and private). Public union members may be a part of the community, but again that doesn't necessarily mean that they're all serving the community first, and themselves second. Some do, some don't. The leadership of no organization can be depended upon to perfectly serve it's membership, etc. whether it be a public/private union, or a trade group, etc. Public employees serve the public. The union is purposed to serve the union members. This is no different than a trade group, etc., being purposed to serve its members rather than uniquely the public.

Likewise, being responsible for the public good isn't always the top priority of politicians. If those priorities were as they should be, we wouldn't have quite the same problems. You'll get no disagreement from me on this statement.

A key distinction between public and private unions, is that private unions don't make contributions to the election campaigns of company management. For obvious reasons. At issue is not the difference between public/private unions but rather the supposition that whether public/private, unions are all to be condemned, etc.

Excel at what you do and you will be rewarded. Union membership is not required. If you deserve more money, ask for it. And if someone is preventing you from your rewards, take your talents elsewhere. Your employer's competition will be more than happy to pay you what you're worth. Excellence is it's own reward. As to pay... dream on. Reality is that performance is only one factor that enters into compensation. That is reality. As to taking ones skills elsewhere, try that when you are in your 50's... at opportunities for equivalent employment are limited in number and availability.

Brucev
05-26-2012, 12:15
Ignorance must be bliss.

Neither Bush nor algore were concerned with a popular vote. It does not matter. They were concerned with the electoral college vote which was determined by the ballot results throughout the states. The EC was put in place to prevent a regional majority from determining the outcome of a presidential election. The result was that very small insignificant states such as Vermont are not rendered irrelevant in campaigning, etc.

Brucev
05-26-2012, 12:21
But it's not decided by a majority. Not even a simple majority of Congress. Amendments are extremely difficult by design. But you knew that, didn't you?

An amendment must move according to the COTUS through congress and the executive. Then the states must ratify it. As with the e.r.a., a majority of the states must ratify the proposed amendment for it to be adopted. Happily the e.r.a. failed to gain that majority. As well, some of the states that initially voted for it later sought to change their vote. Of course the COTUS did not specifically state that such a change was permittable. On that point the individual states followed their own rules.

The process is of course difficult. But, if a amendment has real merit, one must expect that it will move through the process and be adopted. And... if in hindsight that amendment is found to be unwise, it may be repealed. Of course that process is just as difficult. Cool.

QNman
05-26-2012, 12:23
An amendment must move according to the COTUS through congress and the executive. Then the states must ratify it. As with the e.r.a., a majority of the states must ratify the proposed amendment for it to be adopted. Happily the e.r.a. failed to gain that majority. As well, some of the states that initially voted for it later sought to change their vote. Of course the COTUS did not specifically state that such a change was permittable. On that point the individual states followed their own rules.

The process is of course difficult. But, if a amendment has real merit, one must expect that it will move through the process and be adopted. And... if in hindsight that amendment is found to be unwise, it may be repealed. Of course that process is just as difficult. Cool.

Good. You DO know. Then why represent that amendments are done by a majority when you are fully aware it is much more than that?

Brucev
05-26-2012, 12:28
[QUOTE=certifiedfunds;19010917]It appears you need to brush up on your high school civics. The amendment process is well insulated from the unfettered "majority", for a reason. In fact, were you better versed in such things you would recognize that the framers implemented several decidedly anti-democratic protections in the governmental apparatus. Progressives have bemoaned this for 100 years and have successfully destroyed several of them, one of which is in my sigline. The founding fathers were not infallible. Not even in their efforts to restrict changes to the COTUS. Happily wise steps have been taken to facilitate change that will reflect the will of we the people. In every case an amendment only moves through the process by majority support. A minority has no possibility of amending the COTUS... or doing much of anything else.

Unfettered democracy and majority rule is exceedingly dangerous for some of the reasons I've already illustrated. Of course, you know this. Majority rule is the tool of choice for Neo Marxist revolutionaries when bombs and blood are undesirable. Given the choice between autocratic authoritarianism and unfettered democracy, I'll trust the latter every time over the former. Neither is without problems. It is irrational to expect that any system will ever not be less than perfect. However, for the common good of we the people, government by the will of citizens expressed at the ballot box is to be much preferred.

Brucev
05-26-2012, 12:41
Sorry but the ROTFLMAO smilie just says more than words ever can in some instances, this definitely being one. Laughter is a good way for one to deal with the painful truth.

This is simply a lie. A private employer is responsible for his balance sheet and has a fiduciary duty to his shareholders. This isn't true of a political body. Moreover, a government can seize private property and utilize deadly force to pay union contracts. The government can stick a gun in your face and make you pay for their union vote buying. Public unions, by proxy, can stick a gun in the face of their neighbors or seize their property to collect on a contract that the neighbor never agreed to. It is a sick, twisted, disgusting dynamic. Surprises me not that you support it. Lie? Considering the source of the accusation, that is a compliment. What is surprising is your emotionalism. It would appear you lack control. Perhaps you need a remedial kindergarten course.

Wrong yet again. Willful ignorance is an ugly thing. You really should check out a civics textbook from your local taxpayer-funded library. The local library, paid for by we the people! Excellent source of information... all at your fingertips! What a wonderful place. I highly recommend it to everyone... even you. Why, with effort, you can actually learn something about life, the universe and everything up to and including how we the people get things done at the local, state and federal level.

XNDR17C
05-26-2012, 12:59
The local library, Excellent source What a wonderful place. I highly recommend it to everyone... even you. Why, with effort, you can actually learn something about life, the universe and everything up to and including how we the people get things done at the local, state and federal level.[/I]

You can learn many things at the library, but you wont find the reason why Bruce feels the Koch Brothers are so dangerous.

snerd
05-26-2012, 14:34
Walker On Offense: Unemployment Down To 6.7%

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=91074&sitesection=breitbartprivate&VID=23628103

aircarver
05-26-2012, 14:36
Walker On Offense: Unemployment Down To 6.7%

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=91074&sitesection=breitbartprivate&VID=23628103

John Galt goes back to work when the commies are out ......:supergrin:

QNman
05-26-2012, 17:17
You can learn many things at the library, but you wont find the reason why Bruce feels the Koch Brothers are so dangerous.

I already told you the reason... No one is allowed to be more affluent than Bruce. It is unnatural and criminal in the World of Bruce.

Brucev
05-26-2012, 17:29
Good. You DO know. Then why represent that amendments are done by a majority when you are fully aware it is much more than that?

When has a amendment ever been advanced and adopted by less than a majority? It requires a majority in the house... senate. It requires a constitutionally defined majority of states to ratify the amendment.

Brucev
05-26-2012, 17:30

Read and learn. read and learn.

Brucev
05-26-2012, 17:36
I already told you the reason... No one is allowed to be more affluent than Bruce. It is unnatural and criminal in the World of Bruce.

No problem with anyone being affluent. Simply believe that a heavily weighted progressive tax system that does not artificially ignore the earnings (ever how described/defined) of affluent people is best for the commonwealth... i.e., the nation. The best way to build the nation is to privilege lower and middle class income earners. Eliminate capital gains and treat such income the same as wages, tips, salary, etc. You get the idea. Same for dividends. Remove the cap on S.S. earnings so that S.S. tax is applied to every dollar earned regardless of the source, regardless of where earned either domestic or foreign. Apply the tax to every "person," both live individuals and artificial entities that are "persons" so called. If they want to be called "persons" then let everything they earn be taxed just like any other "person."

wallytoo
05-26-2012, 18:23
If only those who are legally permitted to vote in this election voted, Walker in a land-slide.

Liberal idiot judge stopped the voter id's from being checked, to assist in voter fraud.

So, the question is: Will the union-thug fraud be greater than the independents who voted for Barrett the first time, who have changed their mind after seeing how spectacularly the reforms are working? I think yes.

My wife, my son, and I voted for Walker yesterday. So, if he wins by two or three, you're welcome.

QNman
05-26-2012, 19:14
When has a amendment ever been advanced and adopted by less than a majority? It requires a majority in the house... senate. It requires a constitutionally defined majority of states to ratify the amendment.

Really? Resorting to defining what it is by what it is not? You made it sound like 50.001% to me. And it just isn't that simple.

And the premise was/is whether or not "majority rules" applies.

Nice try, though.

QNman
05-26-2012, 19:17
No problem with anyone being affluent. Simply believe that a heavily weighted progressive tax system that does not artificially ignore the earnings (ever how described/defined) of affluent people is best for the commonwealth... i.e., the nation. The best way to build the nation is to privilege lower and middle class income earners. Eliminate capital gains and treat such income the same as wages, tips, salary, etc. You get the idea. Same for dividends. Remove the cap on S.S. earnings so that S.S. tax is applied to every dollar earned regardless of the source, regardless of where earned either domestic or foreign. Apply the tax to every "person," both live individuals and artificial entities that are "persons" so called. If they want to be called "persons" then let everything they earn be taxed just like any other "person."

I get the idea... I was right.

And your premise above is foolish at best.

I'll ask one more time. When was the last time you got a job from someone less wealthy than you? I employ others and work my tail side off to do it. And I don't do it for the fun of it - I do it for the cash. Sure, it's a gamble of my personal assets, and a whole lot of time and work, but if it pays off, it was worth it.

If it doesn't, I'll just take a 9-to-5 union job and stop working so damn hard and risking my savings. Maybe I could work for the government; I hear they have good unions.

certifiedfunds
05-26-2012, 19:45

I strongly suspect you don't realize a whole lot of capital gains or dividends, nor do you understand the repercussions of such a proposal.

certifiedfunds
05-26-2012, 19:46
Sorry but the ROTFLMAO smilie just says more than words ever can in some instances, this definitely being one. Laughter is a good way for one to deal with the painful truth.

This is simply a lie. A private employer is responsible for his balance sheet and has a fiduciary duty to his shareholders. This isn't true of a political body. Moreover, a government can seize private property and utilize deadly force to pay union contracts. The government can stick a gun in your face and make you pay for their union vote buying. Public unions, by proxy, can stick a gun in the face of their neighbors or seize their property to collect on a contract that the neighbor never agreed to. It is a sick, twisted, disgusting dynamic. Surprises me not that you support it. Lie? Considering the source of the accusation, that is a compliment. What is surprising is your emotionalism. It would appear you lack control. Perhaps you need a remedial kindergarten course.

Wrong yet again. Willful ignorance is an ugly thing. You really should check out a civics textbook from your local taxpayer-funded library. The local library, paid for by we the people! Excellent source of information... all at your fingertips! What a wonderful place. I highly recommend it to everyone... even you. Why, with effort, you can actually learn something about life, the universe and everything up to and including how we the people get things done at the local, state and federal level.

Still can't figure you that tricky quote button can ya?

sbhaven
05-27-2012, 15:54
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, while appearing on CNN’s “State of the Union”, initially says the Wisconsin recall is a ‘Dry Run’ for Obama Campaign. Later, she clarifies her statement...
“We have put our considerable grassroots resources behind [Barrett], all of the Obama for America and state party resources,” the Florida congresswoman said on CNN’s “State of the Union,” according to Politico. “I think what’s going to happen, because of our on-the-ground operation, we’ve had an opportunity in this election…to give this a test run….Ultimately, I think Tom Barrett will pull this out, but regardless, it’s given the Obama for America operation an opportunity to do a dry run that we need.”
Wasserman Schultz subsequently tweeted after the segment: “Let me be clear & direct: I will be in WI to raise $ & for GOTV push [because Barrett is] well positioned to win on 6/5.”
Debbie Wasserman Schultz Tentatively Calls Wis. Recall a ‘Dry Run’ for Obama Campaign Before Clarifying Comments
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/debbie-wasserman-schultz-tentatively-calls-wis-recall-a-dry-run-for-obama-campaign-before-clarifying-comments/ (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/debbie-wasserman-schultz-tentatively-calls-wis-recall-a-dry-run-for-obama-campaign-before-clarifying-comments/)

snerd
05-27-2012, 17:31
Democrats, losing ground in Wisconsin, play down recall election

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-democrats-play-down-wisconsin-recall-election-20120526,0,2760222.story

concretefuzzynuts
05-27-2012, 17:56

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-democrats-play-down-wisconsin-recall-election-20120526,0,2760222.story

Thanks for keeping us up on this, snerd.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz is so utterly offensive in most every way.

aircarver
05-27-2012, 18:31

'Dry Run' not going so good, ehhhh ? .........:supergrin:

certifiedfunds
05-27-2012, 18:49
Thanks for keeping us up on this, snerd.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz is so utterly offensive in most every way.

She's so good lookin' though.

aircarver
05-27-2012, 18:56
She's so good lookin' though.

Please don't illustrate that with 'the picture' ........:alex:

concretefuzzynuts
05-27-2012, 18:58
Sorry, can't help myself.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/Debbie_Wasserman_Schultz.jpg

certifiedfunds
05-27-2012, 19:11

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/Debbie_Wasserman_Schultz.jpg

Waiting on the "Like the fist of an angry god" comments....

I mean, that's just classic American hotness

aircarver
05-27-2012, 19:22
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You guys are killin' me .....:rofl:

concretefuzzynuts
05-27-2012, 19:33
Nose job should have led to teeth, and eyes and....

certifiedfunds
05-27-2012, 19:42

You can just see her saying 'Come to Mama'

concretefuzzynuts
05-27-2012, 19:44
She does have pretty eye.

Yes, that was intentional.

snerd
05-27-2012, 22:48
http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/original700/barack-obama-debbie-wasserman-schultz-2011-4-29-18-40-9.jpg

Every admin has their useful idiots.

concretefuzzynuts
05-28-2012, 02:43
Wonder what she's gesturing about?

aircarver
05-28-2012, 07:19
Wonder what she's gesturing about?

Let's not get someone banned ...........:outtahere::supergrin:

fx77
05-28-2012, 08:27
My pet maggot just gagged

snerd
05-31-2012, 09:13
Wisconsin Public-Employee Unions Shed Half Its Membership Thanks To Governor Walker’s Law…
Public-employee unions in Wisconsin have experienced a dramatic drop in membership — by more than half for the second-biggest union — since a law championed by Republican Gov. Scott Walker sharply curtailed their ability to bargain over wages and working conditions.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304821304577436462413999718.html

snerd
05-31-2012, 09:15
How Radical Were Wisconsin’s Reforms?
In short, even after being asked to contribute a modest 5.8 percent of their salaries to their pensions and at least 12.6 percent of their health-care premiums, things are still really good for government workers in Wisconsin.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/05/31/morning-bell-how-radical-were-wisconsins-reforms/

happyguy
06-01-2012, 04:55
Child labor, as distasteful as it is, is a part of every evolving industrial economy, as are unsafe working conditions and long hours.

Of course, the real reasons unions still exist are to:

a. Launder money for the DNC.
b. Serve the interests of union leadership
c. Provide comfortable digs for CPUSA.

Unions are just another industry. A non-productive one, but an industry.

Regards,

Pred8tory
06-01-2012, 05:06
This argument will never end because those who didn't have the balls, brains or a clean record are jealous of those who risked their lives, gave up family time and worked tortuous shift work for decades. For the record, in Ohio the individual cops and firefighters and their respective cities paid into the "State" pension fund. The State and Federal government don't pay the pensions. You never hear that in the media though. It seems to me if 25% of your earnings are invested over a 25 to 30 year period, the pension is "pre-paid" the day you leave the job. I am tired of hearing from the *****ing from the cowards and criminals. Anyone can take a civil service test. Put up or shut up.

certifiedfunds
06-01-2012, 05:18
This argument will never end because those who didn't have the balls, brains or a clean record are jealous of those who risked their lives, gave up family time and worked tortuous shift work for decades. For the record, in Ohio the individual cops and firefighters and their respective cities paid into the "State" pension fund. The State and Federal government don't pay the pensions. You never hear that in the media though. It seems to me if 25% of your earnings are invested over a 25 to 30 year period, the pension is "pre-paid" the day you leave the job. I am tired of hearing from the *****ing from the cowards and criminals. Anyone can take a civil service test. Put up or shut up.

Obviously we can't all do it. Someone has to produce to pay the bills.

Ruble Noon
06-01-2012, 05:23

:crying::crying:

Snowman92D
06-01-2012, 07:29
Someone has to produce to pay the bills.

True...and others have to kick down doors and cart the dopers off to the Old Stoney Lonesome. It takes a village... :smoking:

aircarver
06-01-2012, 07:35
Obviously we can't all do it. Someone has to produce to pay the bills.

Well, I say we pick some poor bastard, and vote to make him do it.......

......as long as it's not me .....:supergrin:

QNman
06-01-2012, 10:14

I'm sorry. WTF does this have to do with being asked to contribute to health benefits by teachers? And who exactly is doing the griping again?

Paul7
06-01-2012, 11:15
You guys want a laugh, look over on Democratic Underground. Their heads are ready to explode at Walker's impending victory.

:popcorn:

aircarver
06-01-2012, 11:19
You guys want a laugh, look over on Democratic Underground. Their heads are ready to explode at Walker's impending victory.

:popcorn:
I think I'll feast on that after it happens .....:supergrin:

certifiedfunds
06-01-2012, 20:49
Well, I say we pick some poor bastard, and vote to make him do it.......

......as long as it's not me .....:supergrin:

Too late