Competition guns in self defense? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Competition guns in self defense?

M24C
05-21-2012, 12:01
Mas,

Have you seen, (now I'm assuming no reduction of trigger pull making it lighter than stock, but at stock for Example 17L,24,34,35) where any competition guns fall under the "hair trigger" problems in court having been used in self defense? I've got a 24C (love the gun), I've wondered whether to use it for self defense? I did last week put a NY-1 in it to see how it shoots with it.

Thanks again for all you do!

M24C

Mas Ayoob
05-21-2012, 20:56
As a search will show here at Glock Talk, the 3.5/4.5 pound connector is not recommended by Glock for defensive purposes without the NY module; whether it came from the factory on a target pistol or was later installed won't make any difference, I'm afraid.

best,
Mas

M24C
05-22-2012, 06:10
Wow, I have miss read that all these years. So Glock and other gun companies too sell guns with triggers that can get you into trouble with the law the key is the label of competition. I know putting the gun to at least stock of the other guns would be a minimum ny-1 would be recommended. The question is would the NY-1 be good enough with these competition guns or would you recommend another trigger assembly with these competition labeled guns?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Mas Ayoob
05-22-2012, 21:26
The key is the manufacturer's policy establishing minimum safe trigger pull for "duty" use.

Best bet is to either install NY-1 module to go with the 3.5/4.5 lb. connector, or replace that connector with standard 5.5 lb.

best,
Mas

M24C
05-23-2012, 10:12
THANK YOU! for that explanation. I know what I need to to know, almost had it right. But that will not cut it!