WARNING: DON'T EVER LET THIS GUY TOUCH YOUR GUN!!! Pictures...... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: DON'T EVER LET THIS GUY TOUCH YOUR GUN!!! Pictures......

cooljeff
05-21-2012, 19:20
Because he will turn it from ORDINARY to EXTRORDINARY!!

I want to give a HUGE thank you to Jarod at HarshFirearms!!! Jarod is a master at firearms coatings. I took him my bland Kahr CM9 with matte stainless finish and this is what I got back!

Color is Titanium Cerakote with matching slide release and trigger. First I am posting up some the pictures of the gun before, then some with just the slide refinished, then the whole gun done.

Here are the pics:

Before Pic

Slide only coated pic

and totally coated, slide, slide release, and trigger

What do you guys think??

I just updated these pics, the last ones really show the true color. This is what it looks like in person, more or less.

05-21-2012, 19:37
Whatever makes you happy is what matters. But, since you asked for opinions, I am unimpressed, from the pics.

bac1023
05-21-2012, 19:40
:cool:

sr975j
05-21-2012, 19:44
If you're happy with it, thats all that matters. I personally don't really see much of a difference between the finishes. If I was going to get my slide coated, it would have to be a drastic change so its at least noticeable.

Sam

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

cooljeff
05-21-2012, 20:02
If you're happy with it, thats all that matters. I personally don't really see much of a difference between the finishes. If I was going to get my slide coated, it would have to be a drastic change so its at least noticeable.

Sam

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

To be honest the pics suck! even with an HD camera on my smartphone. It looks like a darker grey with a tint of copper color. Really cool in person, sorry I wish it could come out better. Sorry!

cooljeff
05-21-2012, 20:16
Whatever makes you happy is what matters. But, since you asked for opinions, I am unimpressed, from the pics.

That's why I don't mind asking for opinions, because they honestly don't upset me whatever way they come. It does look different in person, but in most ways it is similar to the original finish, but darker grey and somewhat copper colorer

05-21-2012, 20:18
^^^ You're a cool cat.

cooljeff
05-21-2012, 20:24
^^^ You're a cool cat.

Thank you kind sir, you as well!!!! :supergrin:

The_Gun_Guru
05-21-2012, 20:28
OP, were you taking the pics indoors with your phone's flash?

Try using natural light (sunlight) and no flash. If you go outside make sure it's overcast because direct sun is too harsh.

NICE GUN! I want a CM9 myself!

TGG

cooljeff
05-21-2012, 20:51

Try using natural light (sunlight) and no flash. If you go outside make sure it's overcast because direct sun is too harsh.

TGG

Thanks for the tips! I am always looking for help when it comes to pictures. I am new to picture taking and need all the help I can get!

Oh, and P.S. if you get the chance to get a Kahr CM9, do it! they are awesome, great pocket carry, just slightly larger than an LCP. Sweet trigger, accurate for such a small gun and It has been 100% Reliable. Fired 100 rounds yesterday and it was perfect! It didn't lock back on any of the mags and that made me curious, but after shooting 20 rounds of hollowpoint ammo I decided it was just the cheap target I was shooting that wouldn't make it lock back. Did it everytime with the HP rounds.

The_Gun_Guru
05-21-2012, 20:55
Thanks for the tips! I am always looking for help when it comes to pictures. I am new to picture taking and need all the help I can get!

Oh, and P.S. if you get the chance to get a Kahr CM9, do it! they are awesome, great pocket carry, just slightly larger than an LCP. Sweet trigger, accurate for such a small gun and It has been 100% Reliable. Fired 100 rounds yesterday and it was perfect! It didn't lock back on any of the mags and that made me curious, but after shooting 20 rounds of hollowpoint ammo I decided it was just the cheap target I was shooting that wouldn't make it lock back. Did it everytime with the HP rounds.

No problem :thumbsup:

Why do you think it wouldn't lock back with the cheap ammo? Very odd:dunno:

TGG

cooljeff
05-21-2012, 21:12
No problem :thumbsup:

Why do you think it wouldn't lock back with the cheap ammo? Very odd:dunno:

TGG

I don't know, excellent question. I thought it odd as well. It functioned flawlessy with all the ammo as far ejecting, loading, ect. But it would only lock back when I used the hollowpoints.

I first attributed it to the fact that the Cerakote made it a little tight to run, because these Kahrs are really, really tight tolerances right out of the box. But after shooting 120 rounds sunday I can only figure it was the cheaper ammo not working enough to catch the slide stop. but don't know for sure...

Anyone have any thoughts on the issue?

glock2740
05-21-2012, 21:16
Congrats! Looks good. :cool:

TurtleBoy617
05-21-2012, 21:21
i don't like kahrs

cooljeff
05-21-2012, 21:55
i don't like kahrs

Never shot a Turtle, but I know Kahrs are very sweet, awesome little guns. But I understand, different strokes for different folks. :cool:

cooljeff
05-21-2012, 22:00

TGG

Thanks TGG, I didn't take new pics outside, but I did take some new ones just now and turned of the flash with some better background lighting and better backdrop. These new pictures really show the color better, you will notice the slight copper tint to the grey. Tell me what you think of the new pics

bac1023
05-22-2012, 04:49
Gun pics are not easy to master.

4 glocks
05-22-2012, 09:30

Words of wisdom from the master.

I have a CM9 at first I could not tell much difference but it dose look darker.

Shadyscott69
05-22-2012, 18:11
I think it looks great. Love my PM9

Shadyscott69
05-22-2012, 18:14

You, are ready to leave the temple, Grasshopper.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTMyNzQ4OTQ4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTgxNDI2._V1._SX450_SY299_.jpg

jeager
05-22-2012, 18:59
To compare "Before and After Shots" use the same camera AND lighting situation.
BTW:
The woodgrain background enables
a more even exposure and interesting contrast in texture.

Automatic settings with predominately black or white
background will be wrongly exposed.

Go back to the same camera doing the same as before
so we can appreciate what he did.

Photography is an ART only after mastering its SCIENCE

Nine Shooter
05-22-2012, 19:17
Looks good! Did he take the sights off to coat the slide? I had some guy duracoat a slide on one of my handguns back in college and it looked like crap because he taped off the sights.

Raven1967
05-22-2012, 21:07
Looks very good Cooljeff !

cooljeff
05-23-2012, 22:57
Looks good! Did he take the sights off to coat the slide? I had some guy duracoat a slide on one of my handguns back in college and it looked like crap because he taped off the sights.

no this guy is a real class act, he takes his time and does everything correctly. After talking to him a couple time during the finishing process he even told me he refinished a gun and had it ready to give to the owner, he noticed some very small flaws in the finish color. He took it all completely apart and recoated it before telling the guy it was ready. He gets tons and tons of repeat and word of mouth business because he makes sure it is right and your happy with it!

USSOCOM
05-24-2012, 19:21
I like Cerakote and have a Remington 870 in Sniper Grey.