He's SELLING it! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : He's SELLING it!

TN.Frank
05-22-2012, 06:55
I just have to share this with ya'll. Recently, as most of ya' know I traded my ATI for the XD I have now. Well, I was surfing the local Guns For Sale site and guess what I see up for sale, yep, the ATI. He's had it for all of three days and ya'll think I'm bad for buying/selling/trading,LOL.
Don't know if he got it and just doesn't care for it or if he got into it with the intentions of selling it because he thought he'd get more out of it then the XD but either way it's HIS gun, he can do whatever he likes with it. He's asking $600 and added a bunch of ammo with the deal which would be a great deal for someone looking for a 1911.
Still, I just think that's crazy, three days and it's up for sale, at least I wait a month or more before I do something like that,LOL.

FLIPPER 348
05-22-2012, 07:50
You will be looking to dump your latest 'favorite gun' soon enough.

TN.Frank
05-22-2012, 08:02
You will be looking to dump your latest 'favorite gun' soon enough.

Maybe, Maybe NOT. So far I like this gun fine, it gives me the caliber I want, the capacity I want and it's a perfect size for HD use.
Sometimes it just takes a while to find what you're looking for. I mean I'm sure ya'll didn't marry the first girl you went out with or even the second one. You had to look around a bit to fine "THE" girl you'd want to spend your life with. Guns are a lot like girls, you see one, think "That looks neat", get it only to find out it's not exactly what you're looking for.
I honestly think I'll be hanging onto this gun for a while. Heck, I'd probably still have the PX4 Storm if it was in 45acp. I think my "problem" with the G26, 92F Compact and PX4 Storm was one of caliber, not the gun it's self. I just like that big ol' 45.

ithaca_deerslayer
05-22-2012, 09:01
Wow, I missed the thread about getting rid of the ATI.

Was that an accurate, reliable gun? Why'd you trade?

My wife has the 9mm XD. I like Glock better, but the XD is ok.

Do you prefer having a grip safety? Could be a plus for reholstering.

Oh well. There's lots of good guns out there to choose from :)

TN.Frank
05-22-2012, 09:18
I like the 13+1 that the XD gives me. Almost twice the capacity of my 1911. If I ever had to pull on my pants, grab my gun and flashlight and engage a "target" in the middle of the night it's a comfort knowing I've got 14 45acp rounds on tap without the need for a reload. I really don't even notice the grip safety. I know a few months ago there was an XD thread where I questioned the grip safety too but really, it's a "non-issue" IMHO.
I was showing my wife the loaded chamber indicator, that's always been a big reason why she didn't like semi-autos, they're harder to tell if they're loaded or not but with the loaded chamber indicator it's very easy to see if ya' have one in the pipe or not.
I just think it's kind of funny that the guy has the ATI up for sale already. Looks like he listed it on Monday so he didn't even have it a full two days. Only reason I can figure is that he guessed he'd make more money off of it then the XD. The gun ran perfectly, was accurate, hit where I aimed it. Money is the only reason I can figure. Oh well, like I said, it's HIS gun, he can do what he wants with it.
Once I get back to work I'd kind of like to get an XDm 45 Tactical, seems like that'd be a pretty decent gun to have too and the XDs in 45 looks interesting too, 5+1 isn't a lot of ammo on tap but for an EDC/CCW it'd be as good as my 642, not that I'm getting rid of the 642 anytime soon, my wife likes revolvers so if anything that'd be her gun if I did get something else for EDC/CCW.

chammer
05-22-2012, 09:37
I was showing my wife the loaded chamber indicator, that's always been a big reason why she didn't like semi-autos, they're harder to tell if they're loaded or not but with the loaded chamber indicator it's very easy to see if ya' have one in the pipe or not.

I agree with that in that it's harder to tell, but I wouldn't let her or anyone get used to relying on that alone to determine its present loaded/unloaded state. The false sense of security could be an accident waiting to happen.

TN.Frank
05-22-2012, 09:59
Every gun is Loaded all the time even if it's not. Still, it is nice to be able to touch or see that it actually IS loaded without having to open the slide to check.

The_Gun_Guru
05-22-2012, 18:12
I mean I'm sure ya'll didn't marry the first girl you went out with

Ummmmmm......I did:wavey:

19 years, two kids and 70 guns later we are still very much in love:hearts:

It's NOT the quantity, it's the QUALITY that matters!:wavey:

Remember that and you will be very happy too. :thumbsup:

TGG

Angry Fist
05-22-2012, 18:12

TGG
:highfive:

bac1023
05-22-2012, 20:28
I don't get people that constantly buy and sell anyway.

Its stupid and foolish, in my opinion.

glockfanbob
05-22-2012, 20:43

How so? I personally don't, however I have sold a few for profit, most what I paid for them. I'm not a collector and have never own anything close to collectible so if I don't enjoy or get use out of a pistol I will sell or trade it.

bac1023
05-23-2012, 06:32
How so? I personally don't, however I have sold a few for profit, most what I paid for them. I'm not a collector and have never own anything close to collectible so if I don't enjoy or get use out of a pistol I will sell or trade it.

If you can do it without costing yourself a bunch of money, then fine.

To me, it just seems childish to do it over and over. I can see selling something off because it doesn't fit you or your needs. However, without mentioning names :whistling:, we have members who buy and sell constantly. With every gun they claim how much they love it, only to get rid of it in a couple months.

Personally, I don't give a damn what others do, but its a bit irritating to see this sort of nonsense posted over and over. This is just my opinion, of course, but I'm entitled to it.

byf43
05-23-2012, 06:51
I have one 1911 platform pistol left, and it ain't goin' nowhere!!!

I've owned 3 in my years of owning firearms, and I deeply regret selling the Combat Commander, but, the Colt Government Model Series 70. . . . not so much.

I'm to the point that IF I don't intend on keeping it, I'm not buying it, to begin with.

I'm also at a place in my life, where I don't 'need' to sell one, to buy one.
(My first wife TRIED that crap on me. Notice I said she was my first wife.) :supergrin:

SigFTW
05-23-2012, 07:24

TGG

LOL, I can relate. Married at 18 to the one I love and 26 years later we are still very happy.

She does not complain when I buy a new gun, boots or whatever toy I want. She just happy and blessed to be able to stay at home.

I have always been quality over quantity, too :).

As for selling guns, only if I find I don't like it and always at a profit or at my cost.

As for Mr TN.Frank, that may be the only way he can get a new gun or try something different. I remember the old days drooling on the gun shop counter looking at a gun could only dream of buying.

bac1023
05-23-2012, 07:40
I'm to the point that IF I don't intend on keeping it, I'm not buying it, to begin with.

That's my point.

faawrenchbndr
05-23-2012, 08:17

Some of us have budget constraints & must "trade up" to get
quality pieces. That being said,......going from a 1911 to a XD
would not have been a choice I would have made. Not an upward
trade,.......IMO.

bac1023
05-23-2012, 08:23
Some of us have budget constraints & must "trade up" to get
quality pieces. That being said,......going from a 1911 to a XD
would not have been a choice I would have made. Not an upward
trade,.......IMO.

I hear you Greg. I can understand trading up. I've sold many guns over the years as well to do just that.

I just don't get folks who buy a gun and post about how much they love it, only to get rid of it and buy another in the same price range.

faawrenchbndr
05-23-2012, 08:41
I hear you Greg. I can understand trading up. I've sold many guns over the years as well to do just that.

I just don't get folks who buy a gun and post about how much they love it, only to get rid of it and buy another in the same price range.

I completely understand what you are saying Brian.
'Frank and the movie "Groundhog Day" have a lot in common....:whistling:

ctfireman
05-23-2012, 08:53
He's selling it for $600. He couldn't get that for the XD he traded to you.

bac1023
05-23-2012, 11:37
He's selling it for $600. He couldn't get that for the XD he traded to you.

That's for sure.

ithaca_deerslayer
05-23-2012, 11:56

At least it keeps this place interesting :)

byf43
05-23-2012, 12:01

THAT is an understatement.

:supergrin:

bac1023
05-23-2012, 12:23

That it does ;)

TN.Frank
05-23-2012, 12:31
I've not lost any money on any of the guns I've sold/traded recently and I actually made a few bucks on the G26, 92F Compact and on the PX4 trade. I pretty much broke even on this trade and even though some of ya'll think it was foolish to trade a "1911" for an XD it WAS an ATI 1911, not some high dollar custom gun and I DID get $75 bucks to boot with the deal.
I now have what I think is a quality, Springfield Armory imported gun in 45acp that gives me 13+1 rounds. That's almost double the round count of my ATI and personally I think the Croatia's make a better gun the the Filipino's do. If it would have been a Ruger or Springfield 1911 I'd probably not have done the trade OR I'd have wanted a lot more cash with the deal.
Still, like I said, my "problem" with the G26, 92F Compact and even the PX4 Storm was that they weren't in 45acp, that was the missing factor for me, caliber, not the guns. They all shot great and were awesome guns, just the wrong caliber.
The ATI was a good gun and getting better with the parts I'd added, still needed a few more parts to get it to where I'd have wanted it but hey, that's the beauty of the 1911, no shortage of parts for it. Still, 7+1 just felt limiting to me, I like more rounds then that if I can get it for a Home Defense gun.

ithaca_deerslayer
05-23-2012, 12:41
I've not lost any money on any of the guns I've sold/traded recently and I actually made a few bucks on the G26, 92F Compact and on the PX4 trade. I pretty much broke even on this trade and even though some of ya'll think it was foolish to trade a "1911" for an XD it WAS an ATI 1911, not some high dollar custom gun and I DID get $75 bucks to boot with the deal.
I now have what I think is a quality, Springfield Armory imported gun in 45acp that gives me 13+1 rounds. That's almost double the round count of my ATI and personally I think the Croatia's make a better gun the the Filipino's do. If it would have been a Ruger or Springfield 1911 I'd probably not have done the trade OR I'd have wanted a lot more cash with the deal.
Still, like I said, my "problem" with the G26, 92F Compact and even the PX4 Storm was that they weren't in 45acp, that was the missing factor for me, caliber, not the guns. They all shot great and were awesome guns, just the wrong caliber.
The ATI was a good gun and getting better with the parts I'd added, still needed a few more parts to get it to where I'd have wanted it but hey, that's the beauty of the 1911, no shortage of parts for it. Still, 7+1 just felt limiting to me, I like more rounds then that if I can get it for a Home Defense gun.

You don't have to justify to us. It all sounds logical.

How about a .45GAP? Same performance as the ACP, but smaller grip options available?

Or perhaps .40S&W for even more capacity, yet not too shabby performance?

Or a 10mm?

:)

TN.Frank
05-23-2012, 12:55
In my younger(and more foolish) days I went in for "odd ball" calibers but now I like to stay more mainstream. The GAP never impressed me and even though I did warm up a bit more to the 40S&W thanks to the PX4 Storm I'm still not sold on it like I am the good ol' 45acp.

glockfanbob
05-23-2012, 16:25
However, without mentioning names :whistling:, we have members who buy and sell constantly. With every gun they claim how much they love it, only to get rid of it in a couple months.

I get what you're putting down.....and agree! :rofl:

3rdgen40
05-23-2012, 16:58

Some people don't have an unlimited gun budget...:whistling:

Nestor
05-23-2012, 17:13

...so for them selling and buying the guns constantly is even more foolish than for the other, more lucky guys.

TN.Frank
05-23-2012, 17:16

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner. If I want something else I have to sell something that I have to get it. I have managed to get two handguns at once, first time that's happened in years but normally I'll have one handgun and if the bug hits for something different it goes on the chopping block to get funds for the next one that I want.
Besides, I can only shoot one(or I guess two) at a time anyway. I get a kick out of guys that have dozens of guns, most of which sit in a Gun Safe somewhere unused. I'd rather have two or three guns that I use regularly then a bunch that never see the light of day.
I'm not a gun collector, my firearms are tools to me, plain and simple. If a "tool" isn't good for the job anymore then it gets sold and I buy a "tool" that'll work better.

...so for them selling and buying the guns constantly is even more foolish than for the other, more lucky guys.

Not as long as you're actually making a few bucks with each sale. I bought my G26 for $485 out the door, sold it for $500. Took the $500 and used $400 to buy the Beretta 92F Compact, sold it for $450. Took $400 from that and got the PX4 Storm, traded it for the current 642 S&W I have plus $100 cash so I've actually made money on the gun deals I've done over the last few months. Long as I don't lose money I really don't see anything wrong with buying/selling/trading guns. It's actually a lot of fun.

Rustin
05-23-2012, 17:16
Don't let these joker's give you the business for making the trade. No need to justify. You know what you want, nobody else does. I get a little OCD on guns as well though, but I know what I want.

bac1023
05-23-2012, 17:24

:rofl:

Actually, I wish I did. :sad:

I simply meant that it seemed silly to keep buying and selling in the same price range, especially when you state how much you like gun A shortly before trading it for gun B.

bac1023
05-23-2012, 17:26

Exactly.

Buying and selling constantly generally makes you lose money with absolutely nothing to show for it.

TN.Frank
05-23-2012, 17:26
Don't let these joker's give you the business for making the trade. No need to justify. You know what you want, nobody else does. I get a little OCD on guns as well though, but I know what I want.

My "problem" was when I got a handgun that had enough capacity the caliber wasn't large enough. Then you get one that's large enough, like a 45acp but you'd be limited to 7+1 or 8+1 rounds. I think the XD45 gives me the best of both worlds, it's 45acp AND it's 13+1.
Way back when, just over a year ago when I got the Glock G26 what I should have gotten was a Glock G36 with a KKM drop in barrel for EDC. Then my second HD gun I could have been a G21 with a KKM barrel and been good to go. 20/20 Hindsight,LOL, Figure things turned out the way they're suppose to. The 642 is a perfect EDC gun for me and the XD45 works nicely for HD.

bac1023
05-23-2012, 17:27
Not as long as you're actually making a few bucks with each sale. I bought my G26 for $485 out the door, sold it for $500. Took the $500 and used $400 to buy the Beretta 92F Compact, sold it for $450. Took $400 from that and got the PX4 Storm, traded it for the current 642 S&W I have plus $100 cash so I've actually made money on the gun deals I've done over the last few months. Long as I don't lose money I really don't see anything wrong with buying/selling/trading guns. It's actually a lot of fun.

Frank, you're one of the few that seems to be able to do that without getting hosed. In that case, good for you.

However, it normally costs a good deal of money to buy and sell over and over.

TN.Frank
05-23-2012, 17:27

I simply meant that it seemed silly to keep buying and selling in the same price range, especially when you state how much you like gun A shortly before trading it for gun B.

I loved my '88 Mustang LX, 5.0L but it just wasn't practical so I traded it for my V8 conversion S10 and I Love it AND I can haul stuff in it too.

Frank, you're one of the few that seems to be able to do that without getting hosed. In that case, good for you.

I think that God/Fate/Karma has been kind to me this time around. Back in the day I'd always lose money on gun deals but as I've gotten older I've also gotten smarter with regards to buying and selling guns. I research the gun I want so I can see what they sell for new and what they're going for on the used market. Normally the used market is as much if not more then what a new one would cost. I let the seller know that "hey, I can get a new one for "$X", why should I give you the same amount for your used one?" Normally, if they really want to sell the gun we'll be able to work a deal for an actual fair price. Then, when I sell I set the price somewhere between what I paid and what a new one would cost, that way I don't lose money and they get a better deal then buying new. Win/Win for both of us. Rinse and Repeat until you end up with something you like and can live with.

bac1023
05-23-2012, 17:37
I think that God/Fate/Karma has been kind to me this time around. Back in the day I'd always lose money on gun deals but as I've gotten older I've also gotten smarter with regards to buying and selling guns. I research the gun I want so I can see what they sell for new and what they're going for on the used market. Normally the used market is as much if not more then what a new one would cost. I let the seller know that "hey, I can get a new one for "$X", why should I give you the same amount for your used one?" Normally, if they really want to sell the gun we'll be able to work a deal for an actual fair price. Then, when I sell I set the price somewhere between what I paid and what a new one would cost, that way I don't lose money and they get a better deal then buying new. Win/Win for both of us. Rinse and Repeat until you end up with something you like and can live with.

I lost a good deal of money in my younger days buying and selling guns as well. That's why I made the statement.

When I look back at that time, I feel I was foolish as hell for some of the trades and sales I made.

hogship
05-23-2012, 17:37
Nothing wrong with buying and then selling, for whatever the perceived reason......even if the reason is just to try something else.

In this case, it looks like capacity is the reason....... Capacity is a good option to have. It may not be needed if the need to defend yourself comes, but it might......and, that's a good reason to have more capacity.

ooc

TN.Frank
05-23-2012, 17:43
In this case, it looks like capacity is the reason....... Capacity is a good option to have. It may not be needed if the need to defend yourself comes, but it might......and, that's a good reason to have more capacity.

ooc

Especially when it's still a 45,LOL.

faawrenchbndr
05-23-2012, 18:23

Are ya jealous Randy? :dunno:
I know for a fact,........even Bac' has a budget!

Wil Ufgood
05-23-2012, 19:16
[QUOTE=TN.Frank;19003331]I loved my '88 Mustang LX, 5.0L but it just wasn't practical so I traded it for my V8 conversion S10 and I Love it AND I can haul stuff in it too.

http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/redneck_taxi.jpg

ratf51
05-23-2012, 19:58
Can I break in here? I just want to say something, I think that ya'll are missing the point-- all this jibber-jabber about guns is just smoke and mirrors around the most important point that everyone has missed, and here I quote Frank himself:

If I ever had to pull on my pants,

Does this mean, Frank, that at any given moment you don't have on any pants? Enquiring minds want to know... :rofl: :rofl: :wavey:

ratf51
05-23-2012, 19:59
BTW, Frank, I hope you enjoy the new pistol!

bac1023
05-23-2012, 20:31

Damn straight I do.

Otherwise, my collection would have been finished years ago. :cool:

samuse
05-23-2012, 20:34

I agree.

But I still do it anyway. :rofl:

bac1023
05-23-2012, 20:46
I agree.

But I still do it anyway. :rofl:

I used to do it, that's why I know how foolish it was.

I lost a lot of money in the process. :embarassed:

faawrenchbndr
05-23-2012, 20:59
Damn straight I do.

Brian,........your "collection" is more of a more of an appendage
of a modern art museum!

bac1023
05-23-2012, 21:01
Brian,........your "collection" is more of a more of an appendage
of a modern art museum!

Thanks Greg.

You have some very nice stuff yourself :cool:

TN.Frank
05-23-2012, 21:04
Does this mean, Frank, that at any given moment you don't have on any pants? Enquiring minds want to know... :rofl: :rofl: :wavey:

It means that I don't SLEEP in my pants and I really don't think I'd want to confront a burglar in my birthday suit, would you, LOL. On the other hand that might scare em' off so I'd not even have to fire a shot,LOL

ratf51
05-23-2012, 21:30
It means that I don't SLEEP in my pants and I really don't think I'd want to confront a burglar in my birthday suit, would you, LOL. On the other hand that might scare em' off so I'd not even have to fire a shot,LOL

I can see the headlines now: "P.O.'d Naked Man Shoots Burglar" or "Burglar Shot by Man Sans Pants." Good Night, Sleep Tight, and Keep Your Pants Close By...

glock2740
05-23-2012, 22:39
Damn straight I do.

No it wouldn't, because there's always something new coming along that sparks the addiction. :cool:

m2hmghb
05-24-2012, 02:05

BAC's budget is enough to equip a 3rd world irregular battalion :whistling:

Glock40man
05-24-2012, 03:27
Exactly.

Buying and selling constantly generally makes you lose money with absolutely nothing to show for it.

I agree, I've been there and, done that. If I can't break-even or, come out ahead, there is no point. Its been a long time since I have sold one. My thing is, I bought gun X for a reason. So, I should keep it for whatever reason that was. I'm not saying I will never sell one again but....

Glock40man
05-24-2012, 03:34

:rofl: We might be surprised.

3rdgen40
05-24-2012, 03:56

Yeah,that is silly.

bac1023
05-24-2012, 04:18
No it wouldn't, because there's always something new coming along that sparks the addiction. :cool:

:supergrin:

bac1023
05-24-2012, 04:19

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SigFTW
05-24-2012, 07:29
Frank, will see how long you hold on to this one. :whistling:

TN.Frank
05-24-2012, 08:11
Frank, will see how long you hold on to this one. :whistling:

And if I sell it in a couple months who does it hurt? I just love the way ya'll make other folks business your own, like it's money out of your pocket or like it does anything to YOU.
If I want to trade guns each and every month for the next 20 years it's no one's business but my own.

ithaca_deerslayer
05-24-2012, 08:29
And if I sell it in a couple months who does it hurt? I just love the way ya'll make other folks business your own, like it's money out of your pocket or like it does anything to YOU.
If I want to trade guns each and every month for the next 20 years it's no one's business but my own.

Hold on there, partner. It is our business, because we are all one happy family :)

You post an interesting story, and we will read it. That's why we keep coming back to this internet thingy. So many interesting stories. For example, Bac has posted pictures of guns he owns that I've never even heard of before. His next gun purchase IS MY BUSINESS. He's got to pick a darn good one, classic lines, expensive, pretty grips, and rare. And he's got to post high quality pictures of it.

I was attached to your ATI. Now to replace it, you've got to post some pics of your XD, and some good targets or interesting stuff shot with it :)

SigFTW
05-24-2012, 08:34

It was a joke Frank, don't take it so seriously. :wavey:

Nestor
05-24-2012, 08:39
It was a joke Frank, don't take it so seriously. :wavey:

Hey, no worries.
Sense of humor is strong here anyway...or maybe double standard?
After all it's the thread about someone else's gun.
Who's business is this anyway?
Hypocrisy is great fodder for comedy.
Thanks Frank!

faawrenchbndr
05-24-2012, 08:46
Hold on there, partner. It is our business, because we are all one happy family :)

You post an interesting story, and we will read it. That's why we keep coming back to this internet thingy. So many interesting stories. For example, Bac has posted pictures of guns he owns that I've never even heard of before. His next gun purchase IS MY BUSINESS. He's got to pick a darn good one, classic lines, expensive, pretty grips, and rare. And he's got to post high quality pictures of it.

I was attached to your ATI. Now to replace it, you've got to post some pics of your XD, and some good targets or interesting stuff shot with it :)

Very true,.......and 'Frank made it our business when he posted it as public knowledge!

We're laughing WITH you, not AT you Frank!

joecoastie
05-24-2012, 08:48

Wait a second, you start a thread making a big deal out of what the new owner of your old ATI (his gun now) is doing with it, but you're irritated by other people commenting on what you do with your guns? :upeyes:

I don't think anyone really cares what you do with your guns. What most people find tiresome is how you post threads agonizing over what gun to get, finally pick one and proclaim it the be the best thing ever and that you have finally found the perfect gun. Only to go through the whole process all over again in a few months when you realize that something else is the perfect gun.

byf43
05-24-2012, 08:50
Very true,.......and 'Frank made it our business when he posted it as public knowledge!

We're laughing WITH you, not AT you Frank!

Good post, wrenchbndr!!

Frank, you brought the subject to the table.
We're all conversing with you. . . . not about you.

Heck, just like me sayin' that I'm getting old. I've gained weight. I'm gray-haired.

Put it another way. . . . I'm a gray-haired, old, fat guy (that's got a bunch of titanium inside my body, to keep it functioning)!! :)
Who gives a crap!?!?!?!!??

ithaca_deerslayer
05-24-2012, 09:03
I don't think anyone really cares what you do with your guns. What most people find tiresome is how you post threads agonizing over what gun to get, finally pick one and proclaim it the be the best thing ever and that you have finally found the perfect gun. Only to go through the whole process all over again in a few months when you realize that something else is the perfect gun.

I'm not tired yet. I've got nothing better to do. I welcome the next gun search :)

Heck, I do that too. Only difference is, I'm not smart enough to sell any of my old ones when I transition to a new one :rofl:

Wil Ufgood
05-24-2012, 09:38
Good post, wrenchbndr!!

Frank, you brought the subject to the table.
We're all conversing with you. . . . not about you.

Heck, just like me sayin' that I'm getting old. I've gained weight. I'm gray-haired.

Put it another way. . . . I'm a gray-haired, old, fat guy (that's got a bunch of titanium inside my body, to keep it functioning)!! :)
Who gives a crap!?!?!?!!??
As long as your ding dong still works, it's all good!

TN.Frank
05-24-2012, 09:48
finally pick one and proclaim it the be the best thing ever and that you have finally found the perfect gun. Only to go through the whole process all over again in a few months when you realize that something else is the perfect gun.

I'm sure there are MANY "Perfect" guns, I just don't have the funds to buy and KEEP them all. Hence, the selling/trading when I find something else I'd like to try.
I just think it's funny how folks hold my feet to the fire simply because I sell/trade something off like it effects them or something.
I'm not the only one here that buys/sells/trades all the time, plenty of other folks do that besides me and it doesn't bother me in the least. I like it that we live in a free country were we can actually choose what we want to shoot or sell it and get something else if we so choose.
If nothing else ya'll should be glad that I'm doing all this "Product Testing" for you so you won't have to.
As far as having a sense of humor, have any of ya'll bothered to read my sig line? LOL.

bac1023
05-24-2012, 18:01

Frank, we're just having fun here. However, you make it our business when you post it on a public forum. :supergrin:

TN.Frank
05-24-2012, 18:29
Frank, we're just having fun here. However, you make it our business when you post it on a public forum. :supergrin:

I guess I'm just looking to share my good fortune at being able to work a deal on something I want more then I'm asking for criticism about it. Not that you've done it but those that have know who they are.
At this point in time the XD isn't going anywhere, especially after todays outing. None of the other guns I've had in the last year have shot this well for me this soon and I'm sure it'll only get better as I get use to the trigger more. The ATI was nice but this is even better IMHO.

faawrenchbndr
05-24-2012, 19:07
I am certainly NOT an ATI fan,
However,.....there is no way in hell that I could agree that a
XD45 is a better shooting pistol than the ATI.

joecoastie
05-24-2012, 19:45
At this point in time the XD isn't going anywhere...

Until the next gun catches you eye. Face it Frank you're just a big ol' gunslut, and there's nothing wrong with that. :tongueout:

At least you have been breaking even or coming out ahead in all these trades so far, hopefully you'll do as well when you trade off the XD.

bac1023
05-24-2012, 20:06
As long as your ding dong still works, it's all good!

:rofl::rofl:

NeverMore1701
05-24-2012, 20:27
I'm looking for my shocked face. Has anyone seen it? I can't seem to find it....

:whistling:

GLOCK17DB9
05-24-2012, 20:29
why don't you buy it back?:supergrin: